Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 142, Tigris wrote:I don't recall you being quite this amusing Dragons, but then again has been a few years. :P

:cool:
In post 142, Tigris wrote:I do find it slightly interesting that you are looking at the later players on mafia's bandwagon, but not a similar examination of the other two bandwagons that reached 6. I'm positive that you'll reply in detail whether I ask for it or not...
You asked for it!
...or not...

Glork reached 6, but I assume you're not talking about that since that was ridiculous.
The wagon on that Tigris person had a lot of this
In post 41, MrBuddyLee wrote:What up my glipglops!

vote: tigris
and a little of this
In post 49, Untrod Tripod wrote:
unvote vote Tigris

choo choo!
and I think there was this
In post 36, chamber wrote:
Vote tigris
As I'm working on this, UT popped up and decided to play oldschool now so it's really hard for me to comment on his previous posts when he keeps posting. MrBuddyLee for all I know was using his "free random first" vote to jump on the Tigris wagon. Not sure what to think of chamber yet. To be fair I am biased towards older playstyle, I know that people who did things like "vote: x end of post" were usually hounded (by me if not others. *shakes fist at PeaceBringer/BabyJesus/others*) Since then I have accepted that it's part of meta and at times I have tried to adopt that playstyle. But I like to fucking write so that bottle came out of the genie...or...something like that.

What was the point?

In my opinion, I felt that that while erroneous, the jumps onto Tigris were either justified by a pro-town motivation to tack onto someone who seemed suspicious, or did not give enough information for me to really read. I also don't really know what a glipglop is.

The MafiaSSK wagon started with you (Tigris) voting for the reasoning that got you wagoned. I hopped on board mostly due to the OMGUS-y response. I think PJ's vote is justified.
I feel like Seol just basically wrote out what PJ was implying. I feel like Porochaz just basically wrote out what PJ was implying. I feel like GC just basically wrote what PJ was implying. I think LML just quoted pj, then said why he though Tigris was suspicious, then added an FOS. There's nothing wrong with chiming in and adding your own opinion, but it would certainly be easy for scum to be like "PJ's right! bam!"

I mention this again (I guess in a little greater detail) because I suspect at least one of those 5 people of begin scum, probably Seol, possibly LML, least likely PJ. I haven't really turned an eye to see who's on the Seol wagon and why. Excuse me a moment. ... I seem to recall that CES has determined from his first post that Seol is scum. I'm still not sure what to make of chamber. I suspect Sotty and Shanba had similar reasons for voting Seol as I did.

Well, I think that's all of them. I encourage you all to vote for Seol. Or LML. Or if you wanna go punk and really piss off your parents by being non-conformist, I wouldn't mind going after undo.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 3:48 pm

In post 140, Green Crayons wrote:UNVOTE: MafiaSSK

I don't want my vote there anymore.
Why not and where do you want it?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 3:48 pm

In post 147, Untrod Tripod wrote:which I guess is similar, but I just want to make it clear

like I said in the earlier post, I'm trying to get back into my older, wordier playstyle. the kids today like "^scum" type posts more than long explanations. you know how it is.
I wanna see who steps in it.

scum V
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Hello, drunk and in love with this aujron correct thing

now akk can undersdrand me.

Pppppppppp <- these are letter p's
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 4:56 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I think that's incontrovertible evidence that Prozac is scum
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 5:05 pm

pretty much.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 7:56 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

STD, I don't think you can actually just dismiss the Glork wagon. RVS is super important for just the foundation of tells and of playstyles that you can see. And I think the Glork wagon was great at emphasizing this. Take a look at the last three voters.

(To remind you:
In post 32, Patrick wrote:Votecount

Glork (6) -- Green Crayons, Sotty7, MafiaSSK,
CrashTextDummie, Cogito Ergo Sum, Porochaz

)

CTD's post is one of the most damning.
In post 24, CrashTextDummie wrote:Good things invariably happen when Glork gets waggoned.

Vote: Glork

If you want the town to win, vote Glork.
Straight up agreeing with the fact that he is just bandwagonning. But that's not the real point especially since it's RVS and #yolo. But it's that last line especially that is almost an appeal to the populace that I think we can see as the foundation for CTD's play. For if you look in his third post there are even examples of this where he does a straight up Appeal to Authority:
In post 128, CrashTextDummie wrote:I agree with PJ's thoughts on MafiaSSK. It's a similar tell to the one I caught UT with in the last Oldy, though it's not as strong here.
In that same post and his next post only minutes afterwards, he shifted from his own unique vote on Chamber, to copying PJ and voting me instead to "add pressure". Seems more like an appeal than anything else and something to look out for.

CES's is also interesting in the fact that it's one of his only posts in the game but even yet it says a lot and also I think deserving of a
Unvote, vote CES
In post 28, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Vote: Glrok

(Seol is totes scum though.)
CES has had this insane tunnel vision on Seol all game. The only time he has switched was to join this bandwagon vote. He was the only one on the Glork wagon to not even give a reason even a joke-y one. But after that wagon obviously went nowhere, he went right back to Seol with only these two posts:
In post 57, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Why did you have to draw scum, Seol?

Now we have to lynch you Day One.
In post 74, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:A ghost frog.

Unvote, vote: Seol
It looks like he is so utterly convinced that Seol is scum that a reason for it has to be dead obvious. Otherwise he probably would have mentioned it, right? But no. No one else understands it or has really explained any reason for a Seolwagon to happen.
But a real nail in his coffin? Is his most recent post and the complete and utter buddying that goes on with CTD:
In post 137, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I agree with CTD that chamber's alignment is fairly obvious at this point.

I think we need some more Seolvotes.
Not only does he keep his tunnel, but just look at that first sentence. "Chamber's alignment is farily obvious". So why not vote him if you agree with him? Oh. That's because even CTD hasn't vote him yet by this post. CES is clearly just buddying up to CTD and I do believe that this could be a sign that they are partners.

The least interesting is Porochaz but it's still mildly interesting:
In post 29, Porochaz wrote:
vote glork

Weasel Mafia.
Clearly just a RVS vote. Even when he does switch his vote to me here, he does is with an alright justification. Other than that he's been on VLA, so I can't really say much.

But still I do believe that these three votes were worth analyzing. RVS votes are more important than just getting wagons out there. They do set the precident for how the player plays and they show off early signs of tells. You can see with with CTD and his appeals, but you can definitely see this with CES and the way he votes and how he's been buddying.

VitaminR still remains a strong suspect of mine, I would just like to see more content come from them as well. ABR is also one of my stronger suspects. But I feel like there is a connection that exists between CTD and CES and that both of them have been acting pretty scummy, so that is why I have changed my vote.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 7:59 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 134, Glork wrote:How often does something posted on Page 2 give that strong of scum feeling to you?
Fairly often? I find scum are most prone to making mistakes when there is no set statusquo for how they should be acting or reacting to things. The beginning of day 1 is such a time.
In post 134, Glork wrote:But if we're being honest about things, I'd venture that a majority of players here are prone to (over)use of rhetoric.
Rhetoric, as a tool for discovering peoples alignments, its of very limited value. They should be making a conscious effort to lay off it.
Taking a break from the site.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 8:07 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 156, MafiaSSK wrote:Not only does he keep his tunnel, but just look at that first sentence. "Chamber's alignment is farily obvious". So why not vote him if you agree with him?
This was a joke by him, he was being selective. He meant that I'm obvious town, not obvious scum.
Taking a break from the site.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 8:34 pm

In post 156, MafiaSSK wrote:STD, I don't think you can actually just dismiss the Glork wagon.
In post 17, Green Crayons wrote:VOTE: Glork

I never trusted your proficiency.
In post 20, Sotty7 wrote:

I can't believe he hasn't caught any scum yet. Clearly one of them.
In post 21, MafiaSSK wrote:Glork wagon is best wagon, obviously.

VOTE: Glork
In post 24, CrashTextDummie wrote:Good things invariably happen when Glork gets waggoned.

vote glork

Weasel Mafia.
1. joke
2. joke
3. joke
4. joke
5. seems disinterested. I'm not sure why he thinks Seol is scum at this point in the game, but it seems like he's jumping on Glork as a lark.
6. i dunno what weasel mafia is supposed to mean.

Unless it's more like

1. joke
2. joke
3. serious belief that 21 posts into the game glork is the best wagon
4. joke
etc...

Perhaps I don't take much credence from the RVS. I'm not seeing it. I really kind of expected this kind of behavior, especially early day 1. And even if I did, any one of those 6 people could hide behind "oh haha day1 rvs funtimes string up glork yay happyfun." Thus scum or town could be on that wagon, I can't tell.
In post 156, MafiaSSK wrote: But a real nail in his coffin? Is his most recent post and the complete and utter buddying that goes on with CTD:
What does he have to gain by buddying with CTD, if they are both scum?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 10:09 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
Untrod Tripod, do you prefer playing as scum or town? Why?

2.)
Still think MafiaSSK is the likeliest player to be scum.
In post 67, MafiaSSK wrote:People will deviate from the wagon, that's fine.
I just don't like the way Tigris did it...
I do not believe that MafiaSSK believes this. As CrashTextDummie has noted, it feels like he is trying to legitimize what was, in reality, a lighthearted vote for pressure purposes. And MafiaSSK has essentially said as much in .

Additionally, is filled with over-the-top language ("damning," "insane tunnel vision," "utterly convinced," "real nail in the coffin"). MafiaSSK feels like he is overstating himself for his self image (appearing helpful, competent, decisive, what have you). For those concerned with the overuse of rhetoric / hyperbole, this post is a prime example.

3.)
CrashTextDummie, I have not read the last Oldy game. Please explain how you "." And then explain why you decided to bring it up.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 10:36 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 156, MafiaSSK wrote:He was the only one on the Glork wagon to not even give a reason even a joke-y one.
Why would I need to make a joke when I'm already using a superior spelling?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 12:18 am

Post by Seol »

On MafiaSSK:
In post 55, chamber wrote:That post is approximately 100% rhetoric.
97.4%, to be precise.
In post 62, LoudmouthLee wrote:@Seol, in response to 54 - If a bandwagon is arbitrary and standard opening, why the defense of Tigris?
That wasn't a defence of Tigris, it was an attack on MafiaSSK. The Tigris cite was "did you mean A or B, because B doesn't tally with your actions".
In post 65, VitaminR wrote:I'm not a fan of any of the MafiaSSK votes on this page. Feels like a bunch of strong players going for an easy target.
I don't think this game has any "easy targets".
In post 67, MafiaSSK wrote:Way to misrep in that second quote, not at all what I was talking about. People do break off from wagons all the time, but when they do, it's because someone has done a legitimately scummy thing that you know you'll be able to gain information from. When you do as Tigris did and just start a complete other RVS wagon, while it still has the potential to gain information, you should be going for the larger wagon because that already has the steam building up behind it.

And yeah, large wagons do need to threaten a lynch in order to garner an actual reaction from the lynchee. It is just that typical of a move. But even if it doesn't reach that mass, you can still gain information on other players based on the order that they vote and the value of the reasons that they vote.
OK, so I read your intentions correctly: you're in favour of getting an arbitrary wagon to the point where it threatens a lynch (in the absence of something better), and once an arbitrary wagon starts it should be favoured over other arbitrary wagons.
In post 115, undo wrote:MafiaSSK's wagon is solely based on his post 45, which doesn't look right to me either -- it seems to be advocating unanimism and discouraging a simultaneous search for multiple targets, something I strongly disagree with, especially in this stage of the game -- but for now I don't see more there than a polemic theoretical opinion.
Yep, this is a big part of it.
In post 67, MafiaSSK wrote:So I'll ask a seemingly useless question right back at you as you did to Tigris: Why is my (mostly theory based) opinion on bandwagons scummy enough to warrant a vote?
Because it favours scum. Either you're wrong or you're scum (with an inclusive or), and in a game full of experienced players, I give less credence to being wrong.
In post 156, MafiaSSK wrote:But it's that last line especially that is almost an appeal to the populace that I think we can see as the foundation for CTD's play. For if you look in his third post there are even examples of this where he does a straight up Appeal to Authority:
In post 128, CrashTextDummie wrote:I agree with PJ's thoughts on MafiaSSK. It's a similar tell to the one I caught UT with in the last Oldy, though it's not as strong here.
In that same post and his next post only minutes afterwards, he shifted from his own unique vote on Chamber, to copying PJ and voting me instead to "add pressure". Seems more like an appeal than anything else and something to look out for.
That's not an appeal to authority: that would be following someone on the basis of who they are. That's agreeing with someone else's arguments. That's what arguments are for.

The arguments against CES are super,
super
stretching: he hasn't said nearly enough to read in that level of intent, and taking what he has said at face value is just disingenuous.

That's bad, but particularly so in that the theme of 156 is "this is why pushing RVS wagons is good: look at all the info we can get from it" - but that info is nonsense. It feels like artificial suspicion, like he's decided he needs to attack the people who were late on the wagon and then, given that, constructed reasons to suspect them.

Still happy with the vote.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 1:02 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

LoudmouthLee (3) -- DrippingGoofball, VitaminR, Albert B. Rampage
Tigris (2) -- Glork, MrBuddyLee
MafiaSSK (5) -- Tigris, petroleumjelly, Seol, Porochaz, CrashTextDummie
DrippingGoofball (1) -- undo
Seol (5) -- Sotty7, Shanba, Cogito Ergo Sum, chamber, Save the Dragons
chamber (1) -- farside22
VitaminR (1) -- Yosarian2
Save the Dragons (1) -- LoudmouthLee
Cogito Ergo Sum (1) -- MafiaSSK

Not voting: Green Crayons, Untrod Tripod
22 alive, 12 to lynch.

farside22 has requested replacement. I'm looking.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 1:15 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Glork, CTD, Dragons are town.

I agree with CTD's point about chamber despite my earlier chamber town read, which was based on chamber sounding especially chipper. chamber might still be town. Will keep eye on situation.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 1:25 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'll go a step further. CTD is on the NERVERLYNCH list. He's that town.

Porochaz is scum.

So far, scum is Porochaz & LML with a hint of pj who seems to be trying to frame players rather than scum hunt, and chamber because you know what? Maybe he's just a little TOO chipper.

I'll have more on Monday when I'm back from VLA.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 1:39 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 160, petroleumjelly wrote:1.) Untrod Tripod, do you prefer playing as scum or town? Why?
I love being town. Figuring stuff out is fun. Dissecting arguments, finding motivations, skewering liars, etc. It's a great time.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 2:15 am

Post by VitaminR »

In post 108, Yosarian2 wrote: In that one post, you hard-defended SSK and implicity attacked everyone on his bandwagon (saying it looked like a , and attacked people for being on the tigras wagon, and voted LML for being on the tigras wagon and FOS's SSK. Without naming names other then LML, you hinted at a suspicion for the "strong players pushing the SSK wagon" (which, at the time, probably meant Seol and PJ, since they had made the real cases against SSK). You also implied that you thought that both tigras and SSK were town, without really explaining why.

Defending both SSK and tigras, the two leading bandwagons, and going after people like LML, PJ, and Seol all at once is an incredibly ballsy move, and I don't really see why you would stick your neck out like that so far, so early in the game, based on so little.

So my initial thought, reading your post, was that your behavior here would make the most sense if you're a scum who already knows SSK's and tigras's alignment.
I see where you're coming from, but I think you're reading a lot into one post.

Let me try to explain what went through my head at the time. When I'm scum, I'm overly concerned with 'leaving a paper trail', i.e. saying things that I can refer back to later to make it seem as if my suspicions are developing naturally. One of the ways of doing can be to leave a FOS or to call out a specific post, so you can refer back to it later when you actually switch your vote. I felt like I recognized that in LML's , especially given the weakness of both wagons (which I perceived as largely based on theory discussion).

You're right that that makes the most sense if both Tigris and MafiaSSK are town, but that's not necessarily the case.
In post 107, petroleumjelly wrote:
4.)
VitaminR, who do you think the "weak" players are in this game? And yes, I ask this question with the knowledge that you are unlikely to be making friends with your answer.

Also, if you were strictly limited to the first two pages of the game and placing a serious vote, who would you vote and why?
I didn't necessarily mean to draw a distinction between good and bad players. Mentally substitute in: 'players who are typically perceived as being strong at theory discussion'. I thought it was striking that you, Seol, and LML were all going after the same person based largely on bandwagon theory in a short period of time. I don't know MafiaSSK's pedigree that well, but it seemed to me like there was a power disparity there that none of you seemed concerned about.

As for the first two pages, I placed a semi-serious vote on DGB, who I thought was very quick to declare chamber town, but it sort of failed to stir up a reaction. I'd be interested to know why you asked this particular question.
In post 125, Save The Dragons wrote:I'm not going to lie, I'm really eager/scared to see who makes VitaminR's list of "weak" players.

In any case I'm not feeling VitaminR. Honestly I wish I were because then I could be all like

HE'S LEADING US ALONG!
Haha, somebody remembers that song!
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 2:22 am

Post by VitaminR »

In post 165, DrippingGoofball wrote:I'll go a step further. CTD is on the NERVERLYNCH list. He's that town.
Explain this read to me.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 3:52 am

Post by undo »

In post 137, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I agree with CTD that chamber's alignment is fairly obvious at this point.
Please tell us where exactly CTD expressed the obviousness of chamber's alignment.
In post 108, Yosarian2 wrote: Defending both SSK and tigras, the two leading bandwagons, and going after people like LML, PJ, and Seol all at once is an incredibly ballsy move, and I don't really see why you would stick your neck out like that so far, so early in the game, based on so little.
Wouldn't that 'balsiness' make VitaminR more probable to be town?
In post 159, Save The Dragons wrote: What does he have to gain by buddying with CTD, if they are both scum?
Actually, MafiaSSK hasn't clearly stated whether he thought CTD was scum or whether he was just making a point about the relevance of RVs (again, a quite controversial opinion). Can you enlighten us, MafiaSSK?
In post 143, Untrod Tripod wrote: words words words I forgot how much FUN it is to play in mafia games where people actually talk through their reasonings.
IKR ;D

Oh, and meanwhile UNVOTE: DGB
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 4:07 am

Post by undo »

@MafiaSSK: Nevermind, I just read your post better and you clearly state you think CES and CTD are partners, and both scummy. In that case, STD is right, you're not making any sense.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 4:30 am

Post by Glork »

My wagon was 100% RVS, which is why I didn't bother even acknowledging it. There's not a single vote on that wagon that gives me cause for concern. SSK's analysis of the end of the wagon is interesting. I think he's legit trying even if he's not coming to the same conclusions I would.

My vote for Tigris was because I didn't like her giving the token-third-vote as a reason. It struck me as trying to find a pseudo-legitimate excuse to make a fairly arbitrary vote. There was an element of "look, I'm playing the game!" to that post.

I'd like PJ to branch out and actually give scum/town opinions on people not named MafiaSSK. While I'm fine with the asking-questions thing (in part because it's consistent with what I'd expect him to do, and in part because I've behaved similarly this far), I'm anxious for follow-up.

Not certain I agree with DGB's level of confidence in CTD, but that's not a discussion for right now.

Unvote
Vote: Seol
with the caveat that I haven't actually read his last post.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 4:33 am

In post 167, VitaminR wrote:
In post 125, Save The Dragons wrote:I'm not going to lie, I'm really eager/scared to see who makes VitaminR's list of "weak" players.

In any case I'm not feeling VitaminR. Honestly I wish I were because then I could be all like

HE'S LEADING US ALONG!
Haha, somebody remembers that song!
The (I think) first time I played with you I random voted you for that reason and I think your response was something like *headbangs*
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 4:41 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 159, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 156, MafiaSSK wrote:STD, I don't think you can actually just dismiss the Glork wagon.

In post 20, Sotty7 wrote:

I can't believe he hasn't caught any scum yet. Clearly one of them.
In post 21, MafiaSSK wrote:Glork wagon is best wagon, obviously.

VOTE: Glork

vote glork

Weasel Mafia.
1. joke
2. joke
3. joke
4. joke
5. seems disinterested. I'm not sure why he thinks Seol is scum at this point in the game, but it seems like he's jumping on Glork as a lark.
6. i dunno what weasel mafia is supposed to mean.

Unless it's more like

1. joke
2. joke
3. serious belief that 21 posts into the game glork is the best wagon
4. joke
etc...

Perhaps I don't take much credence from the RVS. I'm not seeing it. I really kind of expected this kind of behavior, especially early day 1. And even if I did, any one of those 6 people could hide behind "oh haha day1 rvs funtimes string up glork yay happyfun." Thus scum or town could be on that wagon, I can't tell.
In post 156, MafiaSSK wrote: But a real nail in his coffin? Is his most recent post and the complete and utter buddying that goes on with CTD:
What does he have to gain by buddying with CTD, if they are both scum?
Yeah, sure all of that behavior might be expected during Day 1, but it's the way that the behavior is implemented that I think is actually really telling. It's when scum is least prepared to put on whatever face they will. It's when you get to see the basis of the playstyle that they'll carry over. Did you not see this in my post? Do you disagree with my analysis?

As for CTD-CES, often times in games without daytalk it is beneficial for a scum to remark on their partner's posts and let them know in a discreet way if they are in support or against the direction that they are going in. True, that could be said for most anyone who agrees with a post, but I feel like this one was special because it came from literally no where. CES had never spoken about chamber before.

But fine, even if you do think that CTD is town, than that buddying is still beneficial. It still allows for CES to switch to Chamber on a whim in potentially dangerous situations. CES should be giving his own reasoning, especially if something is supposed to be "that obvious".

Regardless of either side, I do believe it is an association tell between the two.
In post 160, petroleumjelly wrote:
2.)
Still think MafiaSSK is the likeliest player to be scum.
In post 67, MafiaSSK wrote:People will deviate from the wagon, that's fine.
I just don't like the way Tigris did it...
I do not believe that MafiaSSK believes this. As CrashTextDummie has noted, it feels like he is trying to legitimize what was, in reality, a lighthearted vote for pressure purposes. And MafiaSSK has essentially said as much in .

Additionally, is filled with over-the-top language ("damning," "insane tunnel vision," "utterly convinced," "real nail in the coffin"). MafiaSSK feels like he is overstating himself for his self image (appearing helpful, competent, decisive, what have you). For those concerned with the overuse of rhetoric / hyperbole, this post is a prime example.
I do actually believe in that reason for the Tigris vote. In addition to it as well being a light-hearted more pressure-oriented vote.

And sure, I did use a lot of hyperbole. But, so what? How does that matter?

In post 162, Seol wrote:On MafiaSSK:
In post 67, MafiaSSK wrote:Way to misrep in that second quote, not at all what I was talking about. People do break off from wagons all the time, but when they do, it's because someone has done a legitimately scummy thing that you know you'll be able to gain information from. When you do as Tigris did and just start a complete other RVS wagon, while it still has the potential to gain information, you should be going for the larger wagon because that already has the steam building up behind it.

And yeah, large wagons do need to threaten a lynch in order to garner an actual reaction from the lynchee. It is just that typical of a move. But even if it doesn't reach that mass, you can still gain information on other players based on the order that they vote and the value of the reasons that they vote.
OK, so I read your intentions correctly: you're in favour of getting an arbitrary wagon to the point where it threatens a lynch (in the absence of something better), and once an arbitrary wagon starts it should be favoured over other arbitrary wagons.
In post 115, undo wrote:MafiaSSK's wagon is solely based on his post 45, which doesn't look right to me either -- it seems to be advocating unanimism and discouraging a simultaneous search for multiple targets, something I strongly disagree with, especially in this stage of the game -- but for now I don't see more there than a polemic theoretical opinion.
Yep, this is a big part of it.
In post 67, MafiaSSK wrote:So I'll ask a seemingly useless question right back at you as you did to Tigris: Why is my (mostly theory based) opinion on bandwagons scummy enough to warrant a vote?
Because it favours scum. Either you're wrong or you're scum (with an inclusive or), and in a game full of experienced players, I give less credence to being wrong.
In post 156, MafiaSSK wrote:But it's that last line especially that is almost an appeal to the populace that I think we can see as the foundation for CTD's play. For if you look in his third post there are even examples of this where he does a straight up Appeal to Authority:
That's not an appeal to authority: that would be following someone on the basis of who they are. That's agreeing with someone else's arguments. That's what arguments are for.

The arguments against CES are super,
super
stretching: he hasn't said nearly enough to read in that level of intent, and taking what he has said at face value is just disingenuous.

That's bad, but particularly so in that the theme of 156 is "this is why pushing RVS wagons is good: look at all the info we can get from it" - but that info is nonsense. It feels like artificial suspicion, like he's decided he needs to attack the people who were late on the wagon and then, given that, constructed reasons to suspect them.

Still happy with the vote.
Yes, you are correct about my theory think on wagons. But only in RVS, where the original context of this theory came from.. When there's already a large wagon, that one should be preferred over creating a random or other wagon. Information can be gained from these wagons to a large extent as I was able to show with my previous post's analysis.

Even in deadline lynches though we can see the same thing happen. When lynches have to be rushed people tag along at last minute and their previous interactions with that person and with that wagon lead to analysis that benefits town. Because wagons matter because they give fruitful analysis and the larger they are, the more interactions there are.

But could you explain how that favors scum? I'm not really seeing it. The only way that I can see it maybe favoring scum is that there is essentially a monopoly on wagons where one leads and no one else really has to think about who placed their vote where. Except they do. You still have to escape RVS at some point and that's usually because someone's done something scummy in it, that can counter the wagon and truly start the game. Feel free to explain how I'm wrong though. I'm more than willing to listen to you.

And in regards to CES, why should I not take his posts at face value? Or be able to analyze them for what they say? Where is the bright line drawn where I can analyze posts at their own value? 6 posts? 500+ word posts?

But even if you do feel that my very real "artificial suspicions" on CES were bad, I don't see how you can actually think of them as scummy. I am creating these interactions with each of these players. I am giving my opinions. I am creating active discussion within the town that wouldn't have happened otherwise.

I could maybe see why you find it to be scummy though. It could be overreaching, me trying to stretch my own logic so that I can place a vote on him down. But I don't see why I would have a need to overreach at the moment. CES is in no danger of being lynched. No one is in danger of being lynched, so it's not like he would be a counterwagon or anything. I just don't see why I would have to do this if I didn't believe in what I wrote.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 4:44 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 170, undo wrote:@MafiaSSK: Nevermind, I just read your post better and you clearly state you think CES and CTD are partners, and both scummy. In that case, STD is right, you're not making any sense.
I hope my recent post (it's after the STD quote) can help to illuminate you on my thinking but I'll answer more about it here. I find CTD to be mildly scummy and I find CES to be more scummy. I found the association tell in CES' opinion on chamber and as such I believe the two could be scum partners. Again, I could totally be wrong on this, but this is what I believe.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”