Micro 324: Bridge Mafia (D3, 6/9 alive)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 7:48 am

Post by Antihero »

ironically, the word that comes to mind when i look at egg's iso is FAKE

let's start with the wall.
Lucky- He's mostly a town read because of the lack of a good case on him and people like Insanity voting him because it's easy. Also, looking back, his vote on Insanity early in the game is for reasons that I agreed with. I also like his take on jklash leaving his RVS vote for so long. He didn't try to run with it being scummy or anything. Just called it lazy and pointed out there's no possible "scum agenda" there. It's a voice of reason type of post that I feel like Luckyscum wouldn't use to discourage people from voting mislynch bait like that. His take on the Mala wagon today has the same voice of reason feel to it. Then the fact that he pointed out a clear difference between jk and wolfy, questioned wolfy on it, and THEN voted when he wasn't satisfied shows town scumhiunting rather than opportunistic scum like he seems to have been painted as. So I guess the biggest town tell is the way he isn't jumping on the BS that everyone else is spewing and is going against it in what appears to be a genuine attempt to lynch scum.
lucky tunneling on wolfy is really the most town thing you see in this game? is that a joke?
Mala - Like Lucky, I mostly just don't buy the case. I'm really not sure what to even look for with Mala these days, so I'm gonna have to leave it at that.
this is your second strongest townread and it's the basis of the core of his scumlist. yet, this is all he has to say about mala?

there's a huge difference between being a wagon hater and trying to suss out who exactly on the wagon is scum and who's misguided town (this is what a townie does) and being a wagon hater and just trying to throw dirt on
everyone
on the wagon (this is what scum do).

everyone
on the mala wagon is scummy? fake. he's just throwing blanket suspicion on the wagon and seeing what someone else will pick up on.
Arc/Enomis/Kalimar - I actually wasn't that impressed with Arc. She felt fake. Maybe it was that the buddying with Mala felt overplayed or the exclamation points threw the tone that way. Even Enmois' entrance seemed awkward asking about the theme rather than the game and then the "haha" to start his next post. But then he comes right out with solid reads and opinions and just keeps going from there.
solid opinions, eh? well, a few snapshots of his reads when he left: he had redcoyote and insanity as town (one of whom is your top scumread) and he had no impressions of you and lucky (your strongest townread).
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p5880153
Antihero - Antihero is low on this list because of the jk thing. I really think the way he tunneled so early and his actions near deadline add up to a possible scum neighbor. And his attitude towards Mala feels fake. However, I don't have much of a case outside of that.
"here, let me milk this fake antihero scumread for everything it's worth so i don't have to work with him or try to reason with him"
<insanity and wolfy cases>
oh, so the scum just happen to be the newbs. how convenient.
being "nervous" isn't a scumtell and just flippantly declaring things to be "fake" does not make a case
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 7:57 am

Post by Antihero »

i guess maybe the most striking thing is the interaction with his supposed townreads (or a lack thereof).

if he really did think mala's wagon was crap, he would know that there's townies on it. instead of trying to convince townies to unvote he just repeatedly mumbles about how he doesn't buy the case or something like that.

that's why he's himing and hawing around with me. he doesn't want to confront me directly, but at the same time he has to explain why he's fucking around instead of working with me.

he's not really against this mala lynch. he wants to
look
like he's against it without actually stopping it from going through.

VOTE: egg
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 8:01 am

Post by Lucky2u »

Sorry egg, but I agree with anti here. The iso looked fake and you missing the claim is pretty damning.

VOTE: egg
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 9:04 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Dummy! Ahem. I mean, that's the designation for the declarer's partner. Once the defender has chosen a card to lead and played it, the dummy lays down his entire hand and takes no further part in the hand beyond playing whatever card the declarer calls for in turn. The dummy is not allowed to suggest plays or touch the cards unbidden. This means the declarer knows all the cards his partnership has available, and the defenders know the exact contents of the hand as well.

Vote Count 2.06:

With eight alive, it takes five to lynch!

RedCoyote (L-5):
Malakittens (L-2): RedCoyote, Wolfy, insanity018
insanity018 (L-5):
Kalimar (L-5):
Wolfy (L-3): Malakittens, Egg
Lucky2u (L-5):
Antihero (L-5):
Egg (L-3): Antihero, Lucky2u

Not voting: Kalimar

V/LA:

Deadline in (expired on 2014-05-20 11:50:23)
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by Wolfy »

it's sure got me thinking...
Don't like the way lucky jumped on so quickly

@Malakittens
What's your view on the egg wagon? Egg is currently your only supporter on my wagon.

I'll wait for some input from Kalimar and keep thinking
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 6:09 pm

Post by Egg »

[quotr="Antihero"]lucky tunneling on wolfy is really the most town thing you see in this game? is that a joke?[/quote]

Nice misrep. Not jumping on dumb bandwagons isn't the same as tunneling on Wolfy.
Antihero wrote:there's a huge difference between being a wagon hater and trying to suss out who exactly on the wagon is scum and who's misguided town (this is what a townie does) and being a wagon hater and just trying to throw dirt on everyone on the wagon (this is what scum do).

everyone on the mala wagon is scummy? fake. he's just throwing blanket suspicion on the wagon and seeing what someone else will pick up on.
You do realize those were my scum reads before the Mala wagon even existed, right?
Antihero wrote:solid opinions, eh? well, a few snapshots of his reads when he left: he had redcoyote and insanity as town (one of whom is your top scumread) and he had no impressions of you and lucky (your strongest townread).
I meant once he started reading the game. He wasn't afraid to say "X is town and Y is scum".
antihero wrote: "here, let me milk this fake antihero scumread for everything it's worth so i don't have to work with him or try to reason with him"
You act like you are my top scum read. I literally have one point against you. That's why you are above Wolfy and Insanity on my list.
Antihero wrote: oh, so the scum just happen to be the newbs. how convenient.
being "nervous" isn't a scumtell and just flippantly declaring things to be "fake" does not make a case
Being new isn't a town tell. Nervousness is something I've always seen as a scum tell except under pressure.
Antihero wrote:he's not really against this mala lynch. he wants to look like he's against it without actually stopping it from going through.
I've never been good at getting people to change their mind...
Lucky wrote:Sorry egg, but I agree with anti here. The iso looked fake and you missing the claim is pretty damning.
Yeah, as town I'm more likely to remember a claim apparently. Like what's the case here? That I thought I could push him as practically null, make everyone forget the claim, and get him quicklynched without making a case against him? There is literally no benefit for scum to pretend to forget about a claim knowing it will get pointed out anyway. How is this "damning"?
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 11:28 pm

Post by insanity018 »

In post 394, Egg wrote:Insanity- The first thing that stands out is her town read on Wolfy for getting town out of RVS. Uh, what? How was it Wolfy that did that? When I originally pointed out that I've never seen a scum try to stay in RVS strategically, she concedes her Wolfy town read. This shows that she never had a confident read and makes the Wolfy town read look less genuine. Then she makes two very nervous sounding posts correcting herself about that same read. The Lucky vote just looks like wanting to find a townie to vote for and just "hey this sticks out let's vote it". Then she calls Lucky's vote OMGUS when there is a perfectly good reason attached to Lucky's vote. Admittedly, after that, Insanity's play looks better except for the jklash vote.
That Wolfy stuff was in my first five posts in any game on this site. Trying to start forming reads but not being confident about what I was doing is a fair way to describe me at that time. Since then, I have liked the way Wolfy has been interacting with other players, questioning people, etc. I think RedCoyote put it well in

I don't think Egg and Lucky are scum together. Mala/Lucky or even Mala/Egg make more sense to me.

I really don't like Lucky's latest vote. That is the second time he has sheeped the person above him with questionable reasoning. (For missing a claim?) Lucky, before you were scumreading Wolfy and considering Antihero and enomis as potential buddies. Why was Egg forgetting about a claim 'damning' enough to cause you to change your mind?
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 7:39 am

Post by Kalimar »

I have moderate to strong townreads on Antihero and Red Coyote.

In terms of Antihero, I like his fluidity and swagger and just generally have good vibes from his posting. There's a good amount of town motive and not really much scum motive to getting a wagon up on Mala D2, then derailing it right at the last minute; if he's scum pushing town, the mislynch was likely to go through so why ditch it, if he's scum pushing a buddy, it seems inexpedient to even bother going down this route to begin with. His reasons for doing so i.e. In the moment based on Egg's wallpost seem uncontrived and uncalculated, and I liked the intent behind trying to bring up a Mala flashwagon (or reaction fishing, if it was that) at the end of Day 1, even if it never really coalesced (generally I don't see scum do this sort of last minute move).

-

I think RC and the way he went around claiming was very town. He did so extremely early into the day; were he scum I think he would have at least waited a little later to hear from everyone else and minimise risk of being caught in a lie. Also, mod meta suggests that Commuter is a plausible role to be in the setup, since penguin alien used a commuter role (for town) in the short-lived Normal Formal micro. I guess that doesn't necessarily guarantee alignment (...I have something to add here, but later in the game), but I think the potential risk to fake claiming that way would probably outweigh the benefits to him at the time since he was already in good status in the game.

I also liked his Wolfy case/thoughts in ; I liked that the vibe wasn't to push an agenda down Egg/other peoples' throats, but to just explain what he thought was scummy and to try and contextualise it in an accurate manner. I liked how he tried to gain support for the lynch and how he eventually re-evaluated his read (e.g. reasoning gave in ).

I have a weak to moderate townread on both Wolfy and insanity.

With Wolfy, I liked that he had the confidence to call himself obvious town in the face of adversity (even if it wasn't a sentiment shared by many) and I liked his later fatalism and claim that he would likely selfvote if necessary. I know some people think that sort of thing is WIFOM, but I've really only ever seen town threaten to selfvote, let alone actually do it - and I don't know how well I could see a newer player pull this off -and- not look too manipulative in doing so.

I also liked that when called out on his jklash vote he expanded on his thought process, stood up for himself and didn't try to diffuse responsibility for the vote. The only twinges I had were that he seemed to have dropped his RedCoyote suspicion out of the blue, and I didn't like that he termed himself as an 'easy mislynch' although in the context of how he said it I'm not sure it's actually scummy. I didn't love the interpretation of Mala's survival as 'lying about having a PR' because it's a bit of a leap but I think he believes in what he's saying in regards to that push, which I interpret as townish.

-

Insanity-wise, what I've liked that she's generally given tractable stances and I can see a reasonable attempt at scumhunting. I liked that when voting Mala she made the little comment that she liked everyone on the wagon, as it felt organic and lined up with the stances she had posted earlier in the game. I don't think this play is unfakable, so it wouldn't be a major shock to find her scum, but there aren't really any alarm bells ringing having read her posts.

That leaves Lucky, Mala, and Egg as weak, moderate and stronger scumleans respectively.

Lucky is... eh. My main issue here is that his play feels a bit shallow and fluffy. insanity and Malakittens are his top townreads, but I can't really tell why, and there hasn't really seemed to be a visible or even extrapolatable effort to try and gauge slots like mine, RC and Antihero (he terms enomis and Antihero as PoE scumread partners with Wolfy, but that's pretty meh and lacking in depth). Although, I do think is one of his better posts at explaining himself, it's a slight glimmer in the sea of meh. I'm not strongly confident he'll flip scum, because playstyle and because I don't have to squint too hard to see lazy town, but the odds are a decent amount above chance.

-

Mala's earlier posts felt a bit lacking in impetus, which concerned me a little. In post - after every post of content AA had made - she said that ArcAngel was leaning town (and had RC as a 'town' read, so assuming that was stronger). Later in and she exclaims with far more confidence that AA's slot is town based on her actions alone, even when essentially all AA's content had been prior to , and that degree of confidence wasn't listed there, which seems a notable discrepancy and may have actuated for manipulative purposes.

Whilst I'm on the topic of I also don't see the point in posting a reads list at that point; most of the opinions stated were of fairly mild strength which is fine for that point of the game but also not necessary to tabulate in a list. It feels like a fairly arbitrary and mechanical way to get opinions on the cast out. Also, whilst looking at it again I noticed the comment that she wanted to work with her townreads, but has actually not clearly done much if any working with her townreads at all - and I don't really buy that the fact they wouldn't be receptive due to scumreading her is all that good a reason.

The only real problem I have with the fakecrumb-not-fakecrumb or whatever it's meant to be is that she admitted in it was essentially done for survival purposes and for no other clear reason – this -is- more likely to be scum motivated than town motivated simply by way of win conditions. But it's not that exciting on its own.

-

My general issue with Egg is opacity, lack of scumhunting and generally stagnant play. I didn't much like posts like and because they added nothing to the gamestate, and there were other things to talk about to progress the game rather than just prod dodging and saying things were boring. This type of posting occurs again in where he states he 'hasn't seen anything ridiculously scummy to jump on yet' and usually does on Page 1 - essentially he'd made this type of statement repeatedly and did absolutely nothing about it, which is mildly scummy (although not conclusively damning).

had an unnecessarily defensive tone and was kind of a roundabout way to explain what he didn't like about Antihero's unvote - given the talk of thinking Mala was townish for questioning 'a player like Antihero' () there's a vibe here that Egg himself doesn't want to go toe to toe with Antihero; rather he's throwing something out and seeing if anyone bites.

He also didn't engage at all with the Wolfy case he asked for and simply voted that way in a fairly meh L-1 vote on Wolfy. There's very little insight and original scumhunting in his ISO and the scumhunting that is there is fairly fakable and a little one-dimensional and bland. In his reads list there's a lot of room left for manoeuvrability – I don't like that his second top townread, Mala, is basically there just because he disagrees with the case and doesn't actually ascribe even potential town motivation to some of her actions, and also I don't like it for the fact it evidences just how his reads have been incredibly static all game. In fairness, he did say that Mala's not following up on her fakecrumb-not-fakecrumb is a towntell for him, but even she's admitted she wasn't fakecrumbing to begin with, so that reasoning doesn't hold and it also isn't represented in the wall reads for some reason.

-----

tl;dr version:

[TOWN] Antihero, RC > Insanity, Wolfy > Lucky > Mala > Egg [SCUM]

Egg is personally my strongest scumread, and I would prefer to lynch him first. I am amenable to Mala or Lucky lynches, but Egg is my preferred option.

So I shall:

Vote: Egg

...and that's L-2.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 7:41 am

Post by Kalimar »

I promise I won't ever make a post that long again in this game.

I also don't think Egg forgetting the claim is particularly interesting in and of itself.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 7:58 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 405, Egg wrote:I've never been good at getting people to change their mind...
nah ah, i know you. that doesn't fly.

being distant isn't the same thing as not being good at convincing people of things
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 8:02 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I haven't read all the posts yet (doing that now), but Antihero, quick question re: Lucky/Egg scumteam:

Why did neither one of them hammer Mala under the pretense of either, "oh, RC/antihero/insanity/wolfy changed my mind... Mala is obvscum" or "eh, RC/antihero/insanity/wolfy aren't changing their minds, so I guess we'll get finish this day off"?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 8:08 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 410, RedCoyote wrote:I haven't read all the posts yet (doing that now), but Antihero, quick question re: Lucky/Egg scumteam:

Why did neither one of them hammer Mala under the pretense of either, "oh, RC/antihero/insanity/wolfy changed my mind... Mala is obvscum" or "eh, RC/antihero/insanity/wolfy aren't changing their minds, so I guess we'll get finish this day off"?
In post 365, Egg wrote:Let me do that reads post and if Mala is the only lynch that will happen, sure, I'll hammer. But I'd much rather hang Wolfy.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 8:26 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Kalimar's entry post is fantastic. I couldn't sum the game up better myself. I'd spend more time dissecting it, but there's little that I disagree with. I just don't see the value in doing so.

I'm certainly open to lynching Egg today. My main concern with doing so, however, is VCA. Like insanity, I do not think Egg/Lucky are scum together. I think the most likely scumteams are Mala/Egg or Mala/Lucky. Evidence to show you in favor of this argument:
Mod 275 wrote:RedCoyote (L-5):
Malakittens (L-5):
insanity018 (L-5):
enomis (L-4): jklash12
Wolfy (L-3): Lucky2u, Egg
Lucky2u (L-5):
Antihero (L-5):
Egg (L-4): Malakittens
jklash12 (L-0): RedCoyote, insanity018, Wolfy, enomis, Antihero
Mod 326 wrote:RedCoyote (L-5):
Malakittens (L-1): Antihero, RedCoyote, Wolfy, insanity018
insanity018 (L-4): Egg
enomis (L-5):
Wolfy (L-4): Malakittens, Lucky2u
Lucky2u (L-5):
Antihero (L-5):
Egg (L-5):

Not voting: enomis
Mod 386 wrote:RedCoyote (L-5):
insanity018 (L-5):
Kalimar (L-5):
Wolfy (L-2): Malakittens, Lucky2u, Egg
Lucky2u (L-5):
Antihero (L-5):
Egg (L-5):

Not voting: Kalimar
I would like to point out all the opportunities here (in fact the entirety of time between 326 and 386) that Lucky/Egg deliberately passed over in lynching town jklash and town (for the purposes of this argument) Mala.

EDIT @: Ah, there's the moneyshot. Good eye. It took him a little longer than I would like though.

UNVOTE: Malakittens; VOTE: Egg
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 11:24 am

Post by Wolfy »

was just what we needed - clarifies a lot of things and sorta mostly aligns with my thoughts so it must be right.
(btw i dropped the rc case once I realised I was being an idiot)

I'd
really
like to get Mala's view on the egg wagon - especially now her strongly read town slot is on it.

Scum team I see is in {mala, egg, lucky}
I'll leave my vote where it is for the moment.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Right now prod dodge til Monday as I'm about to drink and work tomorrow
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 2:25 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In playing cards, the led suit must be followed if possible. If a player cannot follow suit, he may then play any card from us hand, including any designated trump suit. The highest trump played on a trick wins it; if no trump are played the highest card of the led suit wins.

Vote Count 2.06:

RedCoyote (L-5):
Malakittens (L-3): Wolfy, insanity018
insanity018 (L-5):
Kalimar (L-5):
Lucky2u (L-5):
Antihero (L-5):
Egg (L-1): Antihero, Lucky2u, Kalimar, RedCoyote

Not voting:

V/LA:

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 12:39 am

Post by Egg »

Welp.

I just got out of a 16 hour shift at work and have 20 minutes to sleep before I have to be up again so not nearly enjough time to defend myself. I think self hamms are lame so I'm not gonna do it. But I really think you guys are on the wrong track with both Lucky and Mala. Hopefully we get a good result from a power role or something because this game is in bad shape right now. Sorry I wasnt much help this game. I think when this game ends, if my reads were right, I'm going to look into how to improve my persuasion skills. Don't expect anything else to come from me before a hammer. Busy as hell. Sorry.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 12:40 am

Post by Egg »

Dammit! There goes that 20 minutes to sleep. Just got the text i was waiting for...
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 5:12 am

Post by Egg »

Back a little early. Just wanna point a couple things out

RedCoyote (L-5):
Malakittens (L-5):
insanity018 (L-5):
enomis (L-4): jklash12
Wolfy (L-3): Lucky2u, Egg
Lucky2u (L-5):
Antihero (L-5):
Egg (L-4): Malakittens
jklash12 (L-0): RedCoyote, insanity018, Wolfy, enomis, Antihero

Do you guys really believe there was no scum on this mislynch? If scum is in me/mala/lucky, they either both pushed a Wolfy mislynch over a jk one (why?) or voted between Wolfy/Egg. There absolutely has to be at least one scum on this Day 1 mislynch. I believe the actual non-exaggerated statistic for games I've been in with a Day 1 mislynch having scum on the wagon is 99.5%. Seriously, there's just no way to justify why this vote count looks this way if scum is in me/mala/lucky. The only argument that could make sense is that Mala and I as a scum team actively made sure to stay off of this wagon in case of VCA. But if that was the case, why did neither of us bring up any VCA until now? This vote count alone makes any scum team not involving someone on that wagon an extremely hard sell.

RedCoyote (L-5):
insanity018 (L-5):
enomis (L-5):
Wolfy (L-2): Malakittens, Lucky2u, Egg
Lucky2u (L-5):
Antihero (L-5):
Egg (L-5):

Not voting: enomis

This was earlier today. The Mala wagon has the exact same names as the JK lynch that I just demonstrated absolutely must have scum on it. Does this not make Mala solid town? The same names are pushing a wagon as those who pushed one that HAD TO, not may have been but had to be, scum driven. So I repeat, there is scum on that wagon. The only name missing is enomis who went missing. And notice what the counterwagon is again. The one that everyone on the scum driven wagons swears is town. Wolfy. At this point, I strongly believe the team is Wolfy and one of {Antihero, Insanity}. I get that Lucky can't be ruled out at this point, but there's no evidence to suggest he is scum in my opinion.

RedCoyote (L-5):
insanity018 (L-5):
Kalimar (L-5):
Lucky2u (L-5):
Antihero (L-5):

And the shift on to me. Not sure what to make of it. I'm horrible at judging votes on myself to begin with and this doesn't really follow any pattern. If I stick with there being at least one scum on with the other vote counts, it gives us a Wolfy/Antihero team. Although there is the chance I'm wrong about Lucky and it's more like Wolfy/Lucky because his vote was bad and there's no reason for Antihero as scum to jump ship on the Mala wagon there. I guess I could see Lucky mindlessly bussing the whole game.

So yeah, I can admit I might be wrong about Lucky, but Mala is town and Wolfy is scum. It might take my death for this to get a serious look, but someone please do it. The first two vote counts here are probably the most telling. I can't stress enough that Day 1 mislynches damn near ALWAYS have at least one scum on them. Seriously, go find me examples of where this is wrong. I'm sure you can do it, but it will take time to find unless you specifically remember a game like that. That 99.5% is NOT an exaggerated stat. And for those saying me/mala/lucky is the pool, I can't wait to hear what you think happened Day 1.

Also, I know I said I was probably done posting here. Sorry for that. I was cranky from lacking sleep. But yeah, all I ask is that the Day 1 mislynch gets a serious look even if that is after I die. That is our key to saving this game.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 5:34 am

Post by Antihero »

[quote="In post 418, Egg"
]The only argument that could make sense is that Mala and I as a scum team actively made sure to stay off of this wagon in case of VCA.
But if that was the case, why did neither of us bring up any VCA until now?[/quote]

also, the VC lacks
context

mala insisted that she intended to vote jklash. the only thing that prevented her from doing so was circumstance (i hammered first). so, according to her own convinctions, she was on the jklash mislynch wagon (or all intents and purposes).
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:01 am

Post by Egg »

But her vote wasn't there...
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:02 am

Post by Egg »

There are five people who physically voted for jklash and had their votes there when he was lynched. The statistic I am using says that at least one of those five is scum.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:19 am

Post by Antihero »

1) is the 99.5% stat the same for micros (which have fewer people, fewer scum, and therefore has smaller lynch wagons)? i can buy that stat for large games; i didn't do a data collection, but i bet for micro games it's lower.

2) the argument is a misapplication of statistics and probability anyway. "X event is unlikely to happen and therefore it didn't happen". it's the same argument creationists use to say evolution didn't happen.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:24 am

Post by Egg »

honestly, I didn't take game size into account.

no. It's actually "X event DID happen" and is proven by past games.

Can you just look closer at the way that lynch went down tomorrow? Context and all, I just don't see Mala/Lucky as the scum team there. And I'm having a lot of trouble seeing Wolfy as town when I look closer at this game.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:30 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

It's late and I'm tired, so we take a break from our regularly scheduled bridge instructional series to say that if you misdeal a hand such that you get 14 cards and an opponent gets 12 and no one notices and your partner puts you in a small slam contract, and the misdeal STILL isn't noticed until the tenth trick, expect to be mocked for the rest of the night. Especially if your partner manages to lose four of the ten tricks in the process...

Vote Count 2.06:

RedCoyote (L-5):
insanity018 (L-5):
Kalimar (L-5):
Lucky2u (L-5):
Antihero (L-5):

Not voting:

V/LA:

Prodding Lucky2u

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”