Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 7:34 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Yeah I don't really feel like reading the thread.

chamber who do I vote?
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 7:39 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 196, chamber wrote:
VitR
Nat, you should come over to Seol.
Taking a break from the site.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 8:04 pm

Post by Natirasha »

VOTE: Seol

Alright let's start here then.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 11:55 pm

Post by undo »

MafiaSSK wrote:As for CTD-CES, often times in games without daytalk it is beneficial for a scum to remark on their partner's posts and let them know in a discreet way if they are in support or against the direction that they are going in.
MafiaSSK wrote: I found the association tell in CES' opinion on chamber and as such I believe the two could be scum partners. Again, I could totally be wrong on this, but this is what I believe.
Really? Excusing your hardly logical reasoning with belief?

Just to make it clear, in your view, CES saying "I agree with CTD that chamber's alignment is fairly obvious at this point" right after CTD's posts (and even though CTD didn't make it clear he thought chamber was obvscum) is a
discreet way
of showing agreement to a scum partner.

Honestly, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt about that RV-wagon theory, but you just keep on coming out with some outlandish reasonings I frankly wouldn't expect from an oldie.

I'm going to VOTE: MafiaSSK after all.
Green Crayons wrote:VOTE: VitaminR, because:
- Yosarian's Post 108.
After MafiaSSK, you're the second person taking this post as sacred. I'm starting to feel stupid for still not understanding how Yosarian's argument against VitR wouldn't as easily be used to dismiss him as a townie.
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:In other news, I'm going to Paris tomorrow and I shan't be back until Seol has been lynched (or next Saturday, one of the two). My hotel'll have wifi access, so it shouldn't be too bad V/LAwise.
Bon voyage ! Entretemps, tu peux répondre à , s'il te plaît ?
Albert B. Rampage wrote:I believe in the LML wagon.
Why?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 12:20 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

LoudmouthLee (3) -- DrippingGoofball, VitaminR, Albert B. Rampage
Tigris (1) -- MrBuddyLee
MafiaSSK (6) -- Tigris, petroleumjelly, Seol, Porochaz, CrashTextDummie, undo
Seol (7) -- Sotty7, Shanba, Cogito Ergo Sum, chamber, Save the Dragons, Glork, Natirasha
VitaminR (2) -- Yosarian2, Green Crayons
Save the Dragons (1) -- LoudmouthLee
Cogito Ergo Sum (1) -- MafiaSSK

Not voting: Untrod Tripod
22 alive, 12 to lynch.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 12:50 am

Post by Glork »

UT, are you town?

If you had to have your vote on someone other than yourself AT ALL TIMES, where would it be right now?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 12:54 am

Post by Glork »

undo wrote:Honestly, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt about that RV-wagon theory, but you just keep on coming out with some outlandish reasonings I frankly wouldn't expect from an oldie.
A thousand points* to whomever can point out the giant red flag in this sentence.

*Just like in
Whose Line Is It Anyway?
, the points don't matter.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 12:57 am

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 179, Green Crayons wrote:- Although I recognize Sotty reacted in a similar way as Vitamin (Post 58), her particular word usage is more than a difference in degree: it looks like Sotty is saying that she finds the reasons for voting MafiaSSK were bad, whereas Vitamin is saying that he finds the voters voting MafiaSSK were bad/scummy.
I pretty much feel like myself and VitR reacted in the same way. Another reason why I find the suspicion on him kinda weak as no one has really followed up with me on how I dismissed the MafiaSSK wagon.
In post 187, VitaminR wrote:My whole point was that the wagons were particularly weak and that LML is not the type of player to just go with the crowd.
This is actually the most important point of all on LML in my opinion. He slipped his suspicion in there and it just so happened to match both of the current trending wagons at the time. It just didn't feel right at all. Not very natural.

I'm really not understanding the continuing pushing of the mafiaSSK wagon. I feel like he has addressed pretty much everything that has been put before him. I don't agree with all his assertions but the guy feels genuine and seems to be attempting to figure out the game.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 2:14 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Although I don't think MafiaSSK is scum, I don't endorse his , mainly because I don't think Vitamin was lying. My comment about Vitamin having self awareness is that I understood the overlap in his description of his scum play and his play this game as arising from a "nobody would believe that scum would describe their scumplay in a way that describes their play in this very game!" mentality.

-----

@undo:

In post 203, undo wrote:
Green Crayons wrote:VOTE: VitaminR, because:
- Yosarian's Post 108.
After MafiaSSK,
you're the second person taking this post as sacred.
I'm starting to feel stupid for still not understanding how Yosarian's argument against VitR wouldn't as easily be used to dismiss him as a townie.
Well that's a hyperbolic mischaracterization of my reaction to Yosarian's post if I've ever seen one. I've explained why I thought his original post was solid, and why I didn't care much for Vitamin's response. ( and , respectively.) You can disagree with my stated rationale for my Vitamin vote (as I'm sure you've noticed other players have), but here you've taken the extra step by treating those rationales as nonexistent.

-----

@Sotty:

You're quoting something I wrote that directly addresses how you dismissed the MafiaSSK wagon. I'm not sure what more you want, when you're responding to a statement that is exactly what you're asking for.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 3:04 am

Post by Glork »

Seol wrote:That's bad, but particularly so in that the theme of 156 is "this is why pushing RVS wagons is good: look at all the info we can get from it" - but that info is nonsense. It feels like artificial suspicion, like he's decided he needs to attack the people who were late on the wagon and then, given that, constructed reasons to suspect them.
What suspicion that comes out of RVS
isn't
artificial, at least to a degree? How can you assertively and honestly say that having a spread of RVS votes is less artificial/arbitrary or any more legitimate/protown? I personally am fine with a large wagon on one person because it does ultimately generate relevant game information.

If the premise of your case against MafiaSSK is that his desire for more centralized votes in RVS is wrong (beneficial for scum and/or less informative), and that because of this game, being wrong is an indicator of being scum, I'm going to need to see you prove that MafiaSSK's stance is actually wrong or harmful.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 3:14 am

Post by Glork »

Incidentally, I am SUPER DUPER AMUSED that people are crying foul at MafiaSSK's "big wagons good" theory, when
at the time he referred to my wagon as "almighty" he jumped AWAY from it, thereby creating a greater spread of votes.

Like, this wagon is legit based on nothing SSK did to actually hurt the game, and just on his theory crafting.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 4:05 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 210, Glork wrote:Incidentally, I am SUPER DUPER AMUSED that people are crying foul at MafiaSSK's "big wagons good" theory, when
at the time he referred to my wagon as "almighty" he jumped AWAY from it, thereby creating a greater spread of votes.

Like, this wagon is legit based on nothing SSK did to actually hurt the game, and just on his theory crafting.
It's the beginning of the game, voting based on "theory crafting" is superior to randomly. We will gain more insight into the game with long bandwagons, determined very arbitrarily for the most part, and the quality of which will shape the outcome of the rest of the game.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 4:21 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 205, Glork wrote:UT, are you town?

If you had to have your vote on someone other than yourself AT ALL TIMES, where would it be right now?
Yes

either LML or VitR
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 4:29 am

LML, good choice, lock and load
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 4:58 am

Post by Tigris »

In post 179, Green Crayons wrote:
@Tigris:

Back in , why did you feel the need to state that your style could be unorthodox as a response to CTD's query about what you wanted to learn from your not-main-bandwagon vote on MafiaSSK? It seems to be a strange non sequitur in light of what CTD was asking.
Partly playful, partly informative as to my style. Since it's unlikely anyone here remembers how I play (and it very well might have changed in a number of ways), thought giving some information might be helpful to the town.

Still not seeing much in the way that would get me to vote for Seol right now. Debating on voting for someone other than mafiassk; however, haven't seen enough for a switch.

Happy birthday sotty =)

Should have more time Wednesday-next Sunday, next few days likely will be 1-2 posts a day.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 4:59 am

I feel like this is Mafiascum: Heroes vs. Villains
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Glork »

In post 211, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 210, Glork wrote:Incidentally, I am SUPER DUPER AMUSED that people are crying foul at MafiaSSK's "big wagons good" theory, when

It's the beginning of the game, voting based on "theory crafting" is superior to randomly. We will gain more insight into the game with long bandwagons, determined very arbitrarily for the most part, and the quality of which will shape the outcome of the rest of the game.
The problem is, we are well past the beginning of the game. There's literally a giant pile of bad arguments and confirmation bias driving that wagon and I don't like it,
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:30 am

I don't like the Seol bandwagon.
In post 107, petroleumjelly wrote:
4.)
VitaminR, who do you think the "weak" players are in this game? And yes, I ask this question with the knowledge that you are unlikely to be making friends with your answer.
VitaminR, please answer the question.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 7:02 am

Post by Glork »

In post 217, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I don't like the Seol bandwagon.
In post 107, petroleumjelly wrote:
4.)
VitaminR, who do you think the "weak" players are in this game? And yes, I ask this question with the knowledge that you are unlikely to be making friends with your answer.
VitaminR, please answer the question.
X
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 7:04 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Is that a Family Feud reference I see?

Awesome.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 7:17 am

Post by undo »

Sotty7 wrote:I'm really not understanding the continuing pushing of the mafiaSSK wagon. I feel like he has addressed pretty much everything that has been put before him. I don't agree with all his assertions but the guy feels genuine and seems to be attempting to figure out the game.
Addressing what is put in front of you doesn't automatically make you innocent.
Green Crayons wrote:Well that's a hyperbolic mischaracterization of my reaction to Yosarian's post if I've ever seen one.
Of course it is -- it was a tongue-in-cheek remark, I thought that was clear. Still don't get how that is a strong argument against VitR though.
In post 203, undo wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:I believe in the LML wagon.
Why?
Albert B. Rampage, please answer the question.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 7:36 am

His votes don't inspire trust.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 200, Natirasha wrote:Yeah I don't really feel like reading the thread.
But then you'll miss out on all the
annoying, banal, and totally not
funny stuff I said...
In post 206, Glork wrote:
undo wrote:Honestly, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt about that RV-wagon theory, but you just keep on coming out with some outlandish reasonings I frankly wouldn't expect from an oldie.
A thousand points* to whomever can point out the giant red flag in this sentence.
Since I'm not a mind reader
yet mwa ha ha
here would be my guess:
In every post he makes because it's his title, Glork wrote:Burdened by Proficiency
The fun part is that Seol plays the "he's either stupid or scum" card too:
In post 162, Seol wrote:Because it favours scum. Either you're wrong or you're scum (with an inclusive or), and in a game full of experienced players, I give less credence to being wrong.
One of the broad generalizations I remember from my time here is that on day 1 people often lynched a pro-town player because people were arguing against the theory of what they said. Intent > content.

I'm going to go one step further from a previous statement and say there is very little that MafiaSSK has posted that I agree with.
Swimming past the bullshit
that is just a gross metaphor. Let me try again.
Putting aside all the fanfare, I suspect that MafiaSSK's actions are efforts to find scum.

But it's just so weird! MafiaSSK basically says we should all vote for Glork to gain information and then votes for Tigris for starting a different bandwagon, thus starting a different bandwagon.

If MafiaSSK turns out to be scum, it also kind of ruins my theory that scum decided to parrot PJ (or is PJ) and jump on the wagon.
In post 217, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I don't like the Seol bandwagon.
I'd be more than happy to join the LML wagon if you could explain why he's a better choice than Seol.

I also really want to know who the villains are (for my own curiosity, not for anything game related). I think there's a ton of villains that I've met over my time that are absent from this game.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 7:56 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Prod dodge. Content tomorrow.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 8:01 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 222, Save The Dragons wrote:I'd be more than happy to join the LML wagon if you could explain why he's a better choice than Seol.
Because gut. Follow your heart STD

vote LML

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”