Newbie 1488: Igloo-Town Tragedy (Game Over)

Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 10:07 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 798, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 796, Billi bilaði wrote:DDD Result Record: 20-6 (Survived/Endgamed)
I am not impressed or intimidated by win/loss percentages, though I do typically try and lynch people I perceive as a threat when I am scum cause I want people listening to me not them
Then I remember something DDD said somewhere in the line of: "Why werent they more suspicious of me as an IC".
It also makes me conclude that you killed Zeph looking for a doctor.
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 2:12 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

But I didn't perceive ddd as a threat.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 3:01 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

Exactly. And that ruins my case against you killing Zeph.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 3:14 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 704, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 700, Billi bilaði wrote:At least, it looks to me that my L-1 vote on you is giving much better results than the 5 days before that.
Not really, the majority of that response and the useful stuff was in response to DTD. That it was useful in persuading you was helpful but it was DTD who did the useful thing and engaged instead of your random vote throwing around.
Too bad dawn has stopped engaging.

dawn, you might want to look at rule no. 9:
"9) Prods will be given out every 72 hours. If a player does not post within 24 hours after being prodded, I will start search for a replacement. If you post before a replacement is found (that is, when I make a public announcement of a replacement), you may keep your slot. Also, if you have to be prodded too many times, I'm force-replacing you. If you know beforehand that you will be out for sometime, declare a V/LA on thread or by PMing me."

You've passed the prod limit.

Is there anything holding you back from a lynch-vote (or a vote to the third party in question), or should I just move over to DDD to get the final-day party started?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 3:17 am

But I don't think mod has prodded him yet

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 3:18 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

I know. He should post to avoid that.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 3:26 am

Yes I agree, especially since it said he logged on this morning.

Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 5:46 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Vote Count 4.06
  • Jake from State Farm (2) -
    Billi bilaði, Debonair Danny DiPietro
    [L-1]

• Debonair Danny DiPietro (2) -
    Jake from State Farm, jklash12
    [L-1]

• jklash12 (0) -

• Billi bilaði (0) -

• dawn_to_dusk (0) -

• Not Voting (1) – dawn_to_dusk
With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline is 12AM EST May 21
Countdown:
(expired on 2014-05-21 00:00:00)

[/i][/area]
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 5:49 am

Prodding dawn_to_dusk
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 9:32 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Bit tied up, will try to get back to address a few things later today.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 9:37 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

I will stay the trigger finger until then. :cool:
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 764, Billi bilaði wrote:I didn't say "history together". Jake has super experience on this site as Jake, and more if you take into account that he is an alt.
You both have wiki pages, and I don't believe he hasn't studied yours.
That would tell him "DDD must not live to endgame" if he is the mafioso.
Zeph is not a wise kill for him, and I found a game where you do such a kill (albeit for a different reason from what I was thinking).
If you are townie, them, I would believe that jklash12 would be more likely to let you live, as he has a shorter history here.

You are playing a much stronger game than Jake imo, and I've skimmed a game where Jake plays just like he does here as a mafioso just about to be hanged. But I have myself played just as strongly as you have in games where I know the players as well as you might know Jake and jklash12, and talked myself to victory. Hence my super suspicion of you.
See, you're making assumptions again; for example, I know of Jake, I know we've played together a time, maybe two but I haven't ever looked at his wiki or bothered to run a big meta on him. I think it's even less likely that he's done the same for me. So the "must kill DDD" theory you've pressed isn't sound. And the Zeph kill was perfectly sound for him in several possible ways including that it makes you freak out about why I'm not dead and I've already explained why it doesn't make sense for scum me to kill him.

And yes, I've played a strong game but I don't see why my confidence in myself is in anyway a scum trait; I believe I can talk myself to victory as either alignment and if you look into my history you can see cases where I get to talk to people one on one as town and persuade them of the truth. I mean the whole thing you're raising is nothing but a burden of proficiency fallacy
In post 810, Billi bilaði wrote:I will stay the trigger finger until then. :cool:
As stupidly itchy as it is. Look, if there's ten minutes left in the day you have my permission to mislynch me but until we get to that point where the only other option is no lynch it is infinitely more important to do that right thing than the fast thing. The next time the urge to do something paranoid and rash hits you, think of the horror of a Jake, jklash, DTD endgame because that's the likely end result of your impulse.

Final thing, apparently you're insisting on this big meta evaluation and I made a big meta statement that as scum I almost never bus and basically never on day one because it always fails. Is there any evidence that I didn't make a true statement when I said that? And since it is a true statement, what possible justification could there be for me violating that fundamental tenant of my gameplay? Spoiler alert, there is none and as such my play doesn't make any sense as scum and thus I am town.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 5:09 pm

v/la for. 3 days

Too pissed off at something to care what happens. Lynch me if you want.

Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 11:28 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 811, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 764, Billi bilaði wrote:I didn't say "history together". Jake has super experience on this site as Jake, and more if you take into account that he is an alt.
You both have wiki pages, and I don't believe he hasn't studied yours.
That would tell him "DDD must not live to endgame" if he is the mafioso.
Zeph is not a wise kill for him, and I found a game where you do such a kill (albeit for a different reason from what I was thinking).
If you are townie, them, I would believe that jklash12 would be more likely to let you live, as he has a shorter history here.

You are playing a much stronger game than Jake imo, and I've skimmed a game where Jake plays just like he does here as a mafioso just about to be hanged. But I have myself played just as strongly as you have in games where I know the players as well as you might know Jake and jklash12, and talked myself to victory. Hence my super suspicion of you.
See, you're making assumptions again; for example, I know of Jake, I know we've played together a time, maybe two but I haven't ever looked at his wiki or bothered to run a big meta on him. I think it's even less likely that he's done the same for me. So the "must kill DDD" theory you've pressed isn't sound. And the Zeph kill was perfectly sound for him in several possible ways including that it makes you freak out about why I'm not dead and I've already explained why it doesn't make sense for scum me to kill him.

Bb: Maybe you saw how I resolved those assumptions? And where my vote still remains? (I find it very strange that you two haven't read each other, especially when I've read comments from you in some old games about people not being too careful about their IC.) So, you never, ever, ever assume anything in these games?
Yup, it freaked me out, but still I didn't vote you, but analysed and asked questions until I felt satisfied about it. Maybe it would have been better to just lay low?

And yes, I've played a strong game but I don't see why my confidence in myself is in anyway a scum trait; I believe I can talk myself to victory as either alignment and if you look into my history you can see cases where I get to talk to people one on one as town and persuade them of the truth. I mean the whole thing you're raising is nothing but a burden of proficiency fallacy

Bb: So, never be suspicious of people who play a strong game? If I do, then I'm doing all the wrong things with assumptions and proficiencies and whatnots? (I tried to read up on WIFOM, but I still don't understand it fully.)
Basically, I don't care if I fall into all those pits, as long as I enjoy playing, and have a decent win-loss rate.
(Maybe your problem with this is just that I openly talk about my thoughs, instead of just hiding them, and then create a silly little case at the end when I cast my vote?)

In post 810, Billi bilaði wrote:I will stay the trigger finger until then. :cool:
As stupidly itchy as it is. Look, if there's ten minutes left in the day you have my permission to mislynch me but until we get to that point where the only other option is no lynch it is infinitely more important to do that right thing than the fast thing. The next time the urge to do something paranoid and rash hits you, think of the horror of a Jake, jklash, DTD endgame because that's the likely end result of your impulse.

Bb: I have a boy who is regularly telling me how bad my jokes are. I can just imagine how much worse they are in a second language. But, if I had fallen for my urges, then we would just have had a short and sweet day, with little arguments, and only two to choose from on the final day. (So, you think I've done the "fast thing" at any time this game?)
You have your ways to draw information out of people. I have mine. Yours must work well on some people, but not all. Mine maybe on different people, but not all. I'll keep playing as I have a mind too. It's the only mind I've got.

Final thing, apparently you're insisting on this big meta evaluation and I made a big meta statement that as scum I almost never bus and basically never on day one because it always fails. Is there any evidence that I didn't make a true statement when I said that? And since it is a true statement, what possible justification could there be for me violating that fundamental tenant of my gameplay? Spoiler alert, there is none and as such my play doesn't make any sense as scum and thus I am town.

Bb: I think I've answered this here above. I bought your "almost never bus" statement hook and line (but not sinker) when you first pointed it out. I even read up on all of you 3 during better part of the weekend, and I still haven't moved my vote. But, me believing that jklash12 is the least likely of you 3 could mean that it would be better to just hammer you, to not have to prolong the day with a replacement situation, and then take out Jake tomorrow. Your desire to string us along instead of admitting that we might make a decent decision on the final day doesn't sit too well with me. That is just my character, and I have to live with that.
Now, why do I believe jklash12 over you? Well, he is the hammer of PrivateI, and if this is truly his first game on site as a mafioso, that is a very bold move. You doing that to an underachiving SE is therefor a much more likely situation to me.
Also, jklash12 not responding in twilight about the change in the game situation with randomidgets revelation doesn't yell at me to be from a careful mafioso. (Maybe he isn't a careful mafioso?)

At least it will be interresting to see if it will be me or dawn that gets nightkilled. It surely will be who of us the remaining mafioso deams a likelier pushover on the final day.
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 12:11 am

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

Internet looked me in the face on the weekend and said "I hate you. I'm gonna prevent you from connecting to proxy just to annoy you" this happened all weekend. And will happen all this week too. Thus, I will be posting on my phone. Which has an uncanny habit of logging me out of here against my will.

Placement post while I read up on previous events
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 12:40 am

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

VOTE: jake

Damn that decision was hard. I would prefer to be in the final 3 with DDD rather than jake though. It is almost given that mafia will kill billi as he is twice as experienced as me and is confirmed, with me. It is going to be an interesting day tomorrow. We'll need to see what happens then I guess...

Sorry jake :(
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 12:43 am

What bullshit. This entire game was bullshit. Good luck town.

dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 12:46 am

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

Now for other stuff.

"Is there anything holding you back from a lynch-vote (or a vote to the third party in question), or should I just move over to DDD to get the final-day party started?"

Other than my internet and the fact that I have about 5 minutes on my iPod before I need to go to school, not too much. And the fact that that decision was incredibly painful to make...
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 12:51 am

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

I am also declaring V/LA until the end of this week due to proxy problems. More LA than anything really.

WIFOM is basically trying to know your opponent. Would the opponent lie to you or would he be telling the truth? Did your opponent put the poisoned glass in front of you or in front of him? How would you know? And thus, a WIFOM has started.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 12:53 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

I feel your pain, dawn.

The only good reason for Jake to say that the game is bullshit is if he bodged it as a mafioso.
If he is town, then the game is not lost yet, and he is playing for himself, and not for the town.
Well, if the game is not over, then one of us won't wake up tomorrow, so... thanks for the game dawn.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 12:55 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

PS: My computer will be upgraded to Windows 8 today <shudder>. Hopefully I will be up and running again in the afternoon, but if not, I will probably phone-post if I need to post.
Over and out.
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 12:59 am

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

I have plans though, so, despite the fact that I will be a pushover due to jake flipping town, I do have my own personal plans set. I won't reveal them however XD

You played a good game billi. Glad to have shared my first game with you. As well as the rest of everyone here. I have advanced as a player a lot.

ggz
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 10:26 am

Post by jklash12 »

Well I'm back. Wasn't able to get on sunday. Interested to see if Jake is scum. Hopefully he is and the game is won for us. If not we have to lynch DDD tomorrow.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 12:18 pm

Vote Count 4.07
  • Jake from State Farm (3) -
    Billi bilaði, Debonair Danny DiPietro, dawn_to_dusk
    [LYNCHED]

• Debonair Danny DiPietro (2) -
    Jake from State Farm, jklash12
    [L-1]

• jklash12 (0) -

• Billi bilaði (0) -

• dawn_to_dusk (0) -

• Not Voting (0) –
With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline is 12AM EST May 21
Countdown:
(expired on 2014-05-21 00:00:00)

[/i][/area]
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 12:22 pm

The remaining
town
of Billi bilaði, Debonair Danny DiPietro, dawn_to_dusk, and jklash12 looked at the body of Jake from State Farm and saw a piece of their beloved igloo homes... and
they knew
(y'know, that flavor at the beginning of this game?).

Jake from State Farm, who was
Mafia Goon
and the last remaining scum, has been lynched!

Town wins! :mrgreen:

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”