Mini 1566: Lunar Silver Star Story Complete (Game Over)

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

So under normal circumstances I'd say I'll go read the whole game in detail, etc., but I can't promise that right now.

Hey Mac, how do you feel about protecting me if you have such an ability?
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 1972, Mac wrote:Jesus Christ. Pre-empting the cop
THAT HAS ALREADY FLIPPED
is my scum strategy?
I thought this was a closed setup. Did the rules state somewhere that we are limited to a single cop investigation the whole game? If not, then tais-toi STP.
And I'm sure you would waste a protect on Jake from State Farm too! No really, I believe you!
I would hardly consider confirming myself a waste of time. Tell me, how many kills have you prevented so far? I would love to hear how usefully you have been using your protects.
Cool. Like that's a scumtell.
Cool. Never said it was per se.
Oh wow. My stance was clear on HKC; I thought their "Mac's probably town" and then intent to hammer was a scummy as fuck move, and clearly I was right. I unvoted to try and work with my strongest townreads who were not on HKC. Meanwhile, you tiptoed around the HKC wagon, voted SG and then hammered for what looked to me and SG like a blatant attempt at towncred once you realised the wagon wasn't going to go through.
Obviously the wagon was not going to go through. HKC was at L-1 without my vote and SG was at L-2 with my vote. Why would I stay on SG with the deadline looming? That makes no sense whatsoever.
In post 1974, Mac wrote:...the fucking cop innocent and confirmed flip, perhaps?
Great; so he is not actually cleared.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Kinda feel like voting Aegor.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Everyone's had that urge all game lol
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 1:30 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I'd set an order, but:

1) I'm not the boss of everyone (as much as I'd like to be) and

2) I don't remember who other than me hasn't claimed yet.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 2:01 pm

Post by Kdub »

I think everyone has claimed except you and maybe SG?

me - VT
Aegor - VT
Muffin/mastin - VT
Jake/penguin - self-watcher
Mac - neighbor/miller/non-consecutive doctor
SG - neighbor/???
BRO - ???
Aegor wrote:
Oh wow. My stance was clear on HKC; I thought their "Mac's probably town" and then intent to hammer was a scummy as fuck move, and clearly I was right. I unvoted to try and work with my strongest townreads who were not on HKC. Meanwhile, you tiptoed around the HKC wagon, voted SG and then hammered for what looked to me and SG like a blatant attempt at towncred once you realised the wagon wasn't going to go through.
Obviously the wagon was not going to go through. HKC was at L-1 without my vote and SG was at L-2 with my vote. Why would I stay on SG with the deadline looming? That makes no sense whatsoever.
Actually they were both at L-1 with you voting SG.

I'd be OK with letting Mac confirm himself on penguin tonight. If penguin confirms the ability and someone dies, then Mac is cleared. If penguin confirms the ability and nobody dies, it could be that Mac is scum with some other ability, but it's hard to imagine what that would be. I doubt there are multiple roleblockers in the game, and in terms of balance, I have a hard time seeing scum with a roleblock in addition to a role cop given the town power.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 3:05 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 1968, Aegor wrote:Anyway, Mac obviously needs to die:

1) Miller claim like Day 3, which conveniently preempts cop investigations. Doc claim that could potentially never have been verified since he refused to protect the one person who could have verified. Who knows what the position will be today.
2) Conspicuous absence from the SMP wagon
3) Votes HKC after defending the slot and then putting it into the scumpile for no reason. Then unvotes for no real reason and does not revote.

The only way I will consider not lynching Mac today is if all players agree that he is lynched tomorrow if the Jake/pie slot does not verify his protect.
1. I don't see this as a particularly telling scum strategy.
2. Yes...and? By definition there are some town who will not be present on any given scum wagon.
3. Are you saying he chose to bus or defend here? Because you're describing what he did, I do not deny that, but I'm not sure what part makes it a scumtell.
In post 1973, mastin2 wrote:I basically know absolutely nothing about the game. (I found it accidentally, even. :P) I just saw it was locked, it wasn't over, it was bork, it needed a replacement, and it was zMuff, and figured might as well. So, give me the rundown.
Here's the rundown.

Cop cleared BRO.
BRO has decided to coast after that and stop trying.
Jake and Muffin each decided they were the manliest of all alpha males to the point they weren't playing the game anymore.
They were both probably town in any case, and Jake is basically conf. town (frankly, for me, moreso than BRO - honestly)
Mac and I are neighbors, and people decided to go with '1 neighbor must be scumz' plan yesterday and run up Mac.
After his claim of Miller Doc I and others voted HKC, and other people and HKC voted for me - I personally think this makes me obv. town also, though less than Jake or BRO.
I also think Mac is pretty much in the <66% town category for the claim - which makes little sense for a scum claim in my opinion.
That's about all that really matters.

I think last scum is Aegor or maybe Kdub - if you have an opinion on those two I'd love to talk it over.
In post 1979, BROseidon wrote:2) I don't remember who other than me hasn't claimed yet.
You are it.
Because people can't seem to accept that I have already claimed Neighbor at this stage.

Vote: Aegor

As Mac said - we talked about it, I think this is a good option.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1981, Squirrel Girl wrote:Cop cleared BRO.
BRO has decided to coast after that and stop trying.
Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. I could never be doing things intentionally, ever.

If I'm the only one unclaimed, I kind of want to fuck with scum and stay unclaimed, but it's kind of moot at this point.

I'm a VT.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1981, Squirrel Girl wrote:After his claim of Miller Doc I and others voted HKC, and other people and HKC voted for me - I personally think this makes me obv. town also, though less than Jake or BRO.
Is this because scum-designated mislynch (and if so, who was the scum designating it), or because probability (in which case, your logic is bad and you should feel bad)
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 3:43 pm

Post by Kdub »

SG, just to confirm, you are a neighbor and nothing else?

Can people claim flavor as well?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 3:57 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 1982, BROseidon wrote:Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. I could never be doing things intentionally, ever.
I'm not sure if you're messing with me and this is a joke, or if you were offended. I didn't mean to offend you, but I have been bothered by your lack of effort, especially if you have a town PM, and I think it's fair to point that out to you.
In post 1983, BROseidon wrote:Is this because scum-designated mislynch (and if so, who was the scum designating it), or because probability (in which case, your logic is bad and you should feel bad)
I would say I was a pretty obvious designated mislynch, I think both HKC (well...duh) and Aegor were the scum who attempted it.
In post 1984, Kdub wrote:SG, just to confirm, you are a neighbor and nothing else?
That or a Neighbor/Vig/Treestump.

I'll check and get back to you. :P
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by Aegor »

Claiming flavor is useless because bork provides flavor fakeclaims for all scum. I would know, I was SK in his last game.

So, course of action is clear:

Mac
: There is absolutely no reason whatsoever given the current claims not to confirm himself tonight by protecting penguin because there are no better PRs to protect. There is consequently no need to lynch Mac today unless he refuses to play to his wincon.

Regardless of what happens today, BRO cannot last until lylo. He must be lynched before then in case he is a GF or something, which will mess up town psych in lylo.

I would say I was a pretty obvious designated mislynch, I think both HKC (well...duh) and Aegor were the scum who attempted it.
Maybe you should be less arrogantly presumptuous and not declare yourself a designated mislynch in part because you think an unflipped player is scum? Just a thought.

I would be down for lynching {BRO, Kdub} and maybe {muffin}.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 1986, Aegor wrote:Maybe you should be less arrogantly presumptuous and not declare yourself a designated mislynch in part because you think an unflipped player is scum? Just a thought.
I don't think that's much of an arrogant stretch on my part, I don't even think there's any arrogance at all, really. I also find the desire to lynch BRO at this stage, from you, pretty iffy. Is there a case on him besides "may be a GF put into game to weaaken 1-shot cop along with the Miller Doc" Because...that seems like a *real* stretch of a case from my perspective. Also, is there a case for scumMuffin? I don't really see one at this juncture, and actually think he did okay with his meta defense of his play with me yesterday.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 6:10 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Honestly, I'm not even sure why you're so okay with me at this juncture. By the time you're calling for a BRO lynch because "Godfather fear!" I would sort of think that ol' Nutsy McSexytail would have to be a possible scum candidate at that stage too - but I'm not even mentioned. It's weird. Your reads are weird. I think it's because you're scum.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 6:11 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 1987, Squirrel Girl wrote:I don't think that's much of an arrogant stretch on my part, I don't even think there's any arrogance at all, really.
Given that it relies on the
presumption
that I am scum, you think incorrectly.
I also find the desire to lynch BRO at this stage, from you, pretty iffy. Is there a case on him besides "may be a GF put into game to weaaken 1-shot cop along with the Miller Doc" Because...that seems like a *real* stretch of a case from my perspective.
Maybe it is more the fact that a "confirmed" inno has survived this long without doing anything and does not even respond to requests to do so.
Also, is there a case for scumMuffin? I don't really see one at this juncture, and actually think he did okay with his meta defense of his play with me yesterday,
Purely meta. Kdub/BRO should both die first.

I am telling you, BRO should not be in lylo.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 6:13 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 1988, Squirrel Girl wrote:Honestly, I'm not even sure why you're so okay with me at this juncture. By the time you're calling for a BRO lynch because "Godfather fear!" I would sort of think that ol' Nutsy McSexytail would have to be a possible scum candidate at that stage too - but I'm not even mentioned. It's weird. Your reads are weird. I think it's because you're scum.
w/e. That kind of comment is not helpful. If you want to tunnel me, fine. I have no expectation of surviving later than tomorrow. But I would not put all of your eggs in my basket, because it will end badly for you and for the town.

And your posting seems town. Muffin slot is POE.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 1989, Aegor wrote:Maybe it is more the fact that a "confirmed" inno has survived this long without doing anything and does not even respond to requests to do so.
I do not disagree that his play thus far appears rather sub-par from what I would hope that a confirmed innocent, and now claimed VT would do for town. But I don't think that makes him scum.

Serious question, do you really think that all of the following exist in the game?

1 shot Cop
Miller
Godfather

Because, that's pretty much a "up yers with a banana" to town as far as that cop goes. He's got one shot to maybe nail one of two scum he can detect? That's an equal chance of basically screwing town over as helping them. It doesn't scan well from a design standpoint unless the mod is a dick (and possibly the reviewers too). So, for BRO to be a GF, I would then say Mac *has* to be lying...but if Mac is lying, then we're arguing that there are 4 scum, and town's powers barely exist.

I don't think either scenario makes a lot of sense.

Edit: I don't have all my eggs in a basket....I have all my nuts in a tree :lol: I still think it's you or Kdub, and I think you make more sense.

But, a 1-shot cop weakened by a Miller/Doc? Yeah, that one makes sense to me.

Why do you so strongly disagree?
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 6:18 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

I did my edit sloppy...but...yeah...
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 6:28 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 1991, Squirrel Girl wrote:I do not disagree that his play thus far appears rather sub-par from what I would hope that a confirmed innocent, and now claimed VT would do for town. But I don't think that makes him scum.
I never said it made him scum. I said it cast enough doubt on his alignment that he should not be allowed anywhere near lylo, since it will mess up the remaining town(ies).
Serious question, do you really think that all of the following exist in the game?

1 shot Cop
Miller
Godfather
Yes, very possibly. And even if I did not, my primary scumspects include the relevant players.
Because, that's pretty much a "up yers with a banana" to town as far as that cop goes.
Your point being?
So, for BRO to be a GF, I would then say Mac *has* to be lying...but if Mac is lying, then we're arguing that there are 4 scum, and town's powers barely exist.
I totally disagree, because Millers can claim in their first post.
But, a 1-shot cop weakened by a Miller/Doc? Yeah, that one makes sense to me.

Why do you so strongly disagree?
Because Mac's play has been incredibly scummy.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 6:29 pm

Post by Aegor »

And just so we are absolutely clear, in no way is my reason for believing that anyone is scum based on roleclaims.
M A S Q U E R A D E
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 6:29 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

So yeah, not interested in lynching the cop-cleared player on the offchance there's a GF. Especially when this is apathetic town-BRO.

Aegor's too good a player to be going down this rabbit hole, but a miller with a one-shot cop is equally improbable. I'd lynch Aegor or Mac and take it from there.

Disclaimer: just read stuff since replacing in and looked at flips. Not a full opinion formed yet.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 6:29 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1989, Aegor wrote:Maybe it is more the fact that a "confirmed" inno has survived this long without doing anything and does not even respond to requests to do so.
Dat logic, though.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 6:42 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 1995, penguin_alien wrote:Aegor's too good a player to be going down this rabbit hole
That sincerely means a lot to me; thank you. Normally I am told that I suck ass, etc.

For the record, I am not advocating for BRO's lynch today, necessarily (although I would not oppose it). I just do not think he should be allowed to live to lylo.
but a miller with a one-shot cop is equally improbable. I'd lynch Aegor or Mac and take it from there.
If town is actually, really, totally 100% on board with lynching Mac tomorrow if he does not confirm his role to you/penguin tonight, then lynching him today is kind of a waste. Kdub has been tunneling me all game.

VCA off the last two lynches makes the muffin slot, BRO, and Mac look bad. Kdub comes across decently; SG probably looks the best.
M A S Q U E R A D E
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 6:43 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1997, Aegor wrote:I just do not think he should be allowed to live to lylo.
lol.

If I'm alive at LyLo, then this scum is very brave.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 6:44 pm

Post by Kdub »

In post 1986, Aegor wrote:Claiming flavor is useless because bork provides flavor fakeclaims for all scum. I would know, I was SK in his last game.
Alternatively, claiming flavor can't hurt. I also have an idea how bork uses his fakeclaims since I backup modded the game you are referring to, and I think flavor information is potentially (though not necessarily) useful.
Aegor wrote:Regardless of what happens today, BRO cannot last until lylo. He must be lynched before then in case he is a GF or something, which will mess up town psych in lylo.
Remember yesterday when I said I sometimes get a town feel from Aegor, then he makes some bad posts that make me scumread him again? Yeah, this is one of those bad posts.

Aegor, what do you think about the HKC wagon yesterday and who it likely clears/implicates?

The main reason why I think mastin/Muffin might be scum is because Muffin was pushing for an SG lynch over HKC yesterday. I said I would reread him a bit, and I'll try to get to that over the next day or so, but that was my recollection. Also, he had a lot of self-meta defense of his D2 play, which maybe is accurate, but rubbed me the wrong way a bit.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”