Newbie 1505 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 7:44 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

Earlier Bulbazak said.
In post 19, Bulbazak wrote: Also, I will policy lynch anyone who hammers a person without giving intent first and time for a claim/final thoughts.
I saw that and went yeah I hate derp hammers and for me in this game every mislynch is precious.

So I am good wit the policy and just in case anyone thinks Bulb cant drive such lynch to completion.
Hammer DERP Hammer POLICY

I would hammer such a lynch.

and a post case how I was playing to my town win con in this game by doing so... esp after this post.

So do not derp hammer if you are town. its a scum claim to shut the day down...

Also we have been at L-1 (actually no we haven't oka just thought we were?)
Oka: +3 dice +Bulb(case) +mallow -3 dice

So if we do get to L-1, would the person who gets there please state that you have done it....
Id hate to have to policy lynch you aswell

Also I am assuming, people know what L-1 is, what intent to hammer is,
because, um, policy lynching you if you didn't even know what you'd done would be sad.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 7:48 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 93, OkaPoka wrote:What is your main arguments in thinking I am scummy?
You've pushed to cut town's information short. I'd buy it being a legit question the first time, not so much the second time. You are also overjustifying yourself. This reads more as pushing for a lynch at all costs, rather than just scumhunting and trying to figure out motivation. This is apparent in your Doogal vote, where you rely on a logical fallacy to make your push seem more legit than it actually is. Finally, when the wagon starts to build up, you start panicking. You're not defending yourself. Rather, you're saying things like "All d1 lynches are generally mislynches." and "I'm at L-1. Aren't you concerned about someone hammering?". You're trying to manipulate the lynch off of you, whereas town would be looking at the reasons why people are voting them.

Now answer my questions.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 7:53 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 100, AxleGreaser wrote:Earlier Bulbazak said.
In post 19, Bulbazak wrote: Also, I will policy lynch anyone who hammers a person without giving intent first and time for a claim/final thoughts.
Also when we get to that point. If theres time in the day, then after the actual hammer there is twilight... but how long twilight is, is up to a bit of luck.
I cant know for sure yet but as I am used to having games with nights, I may have thoughts Id like to share, on the off chance its my last chance.

So when you get up to finally hammering anyone, please ask if Axle has any last words even if you are not hammering him.

(note i know it might be tempting to hammer quicker and have the mod lock the thread as that will finally shut me up...for 48 hrs, but its bit against win con maybe.)

(only 1 more post to go.. but I have to go out for while. BRB.)
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 5:30 am

Post by Doogal121 »

In post 94, 3dicerolling wrote:This Oka wagon is meh. The vote was mainly reactions test, and the wagon doesn't have enough natural resistance for my liking.

VOTE: Vote: Mallowgeno

That bandwagon was weak.
3D, My speculation is thus (and I fully admit that I might be wrong). Oka plus somebody else are baddies. Oka comes out swinging before his baddie buddy gets on and they can work together. Oka gets himself halfway hung before his partner comes on and cannot defend Oka without looking real scummy at this point. No resistance to bandwagon.

I agree with your read on Axle that he eventually will slip if he is indeed a baddie. Although, I think I saw a softclaim slip from him already. Unless I'm wrong, the only people that should be claiming this early are Mafia and they should claim as soon as possible. (Had to try).

Bulb seems to be genuine town and Reis is what in poker is called a "polarizing hand". He's either got the nuts or it's a stone cold bluff.

Mallow is a null read for me so far, waiting to see if the pressure makes him crack a little.

I'm upgrading my view here to officially...
FOS Oka

I'm going to go through the list and specifically call out lurkers. I'd like to hear from some of the less talkative folks.

Kindy and Mishi, what are ur thoughts pls?
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 7:49 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 103, Doogal121 wrote:
In post 94, 3dicerolling wrote:This Oka wagon is meh. The vote was mainly reactions test, and the wagon doesn't have enough natural resistance for my liking.

That bandwagon was weak.
3D, My speculation is thus (and I fully admit that I might be wrong). Oka plus somebody else are baddies. Oka comes out swinging before his baddie buddy gets on and they can work together. Oka gets himself halfway hung before his partner comes on and cannot defend Oka without looking real scummy at this point. No resistance to bandwagon.

I agree with your read on Axle that he eventually will slip if he is indeed a baddie. Although, I think I saw a softclaim slip from him already. Unless I'm wrong, the only people that should be claiming this early are Mafia and they should claim as soon as possible. (Had to try).

Bulb seems to be genuine town and Reis is what in poker is called a "polarizing hand". He's either got the nuts or it's a stone cold bluff.

Mallow is a null read for me so far, waiting to see if the pressure makes him crack a little.

FOS Oka

I'm going to go through the list and specifically call out lurkers. I'd like to hear from some of the less talkative folks.

Hi I have no firm idea how seriously this site culture regards role fishing, but throwing people who you think may have slipped a role, because it might be scum softclaiming.... early because they think they will need it to look town at all because they have no game.... is probably highly frowned upon.

Please show me your actual damn claimed 'softclaim' so that I can laugh at it.
Perhaps it will still get you some cred for reading the thread carefully?
kyndy101
kyndy101
Goon
kyndy101
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 8:26 am

Post by kyndy101 »

Alright, back. So Oka, I think that you are scum for all the reasons pointed out by everyone else (obviously) and also because I don't think this is just you trying to change your 'game' - to put it in colloquial terms. I feel as though you are more defensive, throwing people under the bus without questioning them and telling us to think the same of them. Also, rather than outright defending yourself, you just tell us that we are wrong and give some random statistics. I feel that this is something that scum would do, those who know that they are lying about what alignment they are. This is why I think you are scum. For now...

UNVOTE

until I decide.
Doogal121 wrote:
Doogal, I believe I just explained my thoughts. : P
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 8:31 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 104, AxleGreaser wrote:

That bandwagon was weak.

Please show me your actual damn claimed 'softclaim' so that I can laugh at it.
Was it 100 or 101. Where I talk about the importance of letting all people claim stuff before lynching them, and I want that even when not being lynched?
If not that then.
As I know what I meant and was thinking I really cant find whatever it is you think you saw, but failed to understand.
" (Had to try)." Who had to try what? huh?
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 8:32 am

Post by Doogal121 »

In post 102, AxleGreaser wrote:
Also when we get to that point. If theres time in the day, then after the actual hammer there is twilight... but how long twilight is, is up to a bit of luck.
I cant know for sure yet but as I am used to having games with nights, I may have thoughts Id like to share, on the off chance its my last chance.

So when you get up to finally hammering anyone, please ask if Axle has any last words even if you are not hammering him.

(note i know it might be tempting to hammer quicker and have the mod lock the thread as that will finally shut me up...for 48 hrs, but its bit against win con maybe.)

I'll go out and say it. @Axle, are you claiming Cop/Tracker here buy saying you need to talk at L-1 or in twilight? If not, what the hell are you trying to say here?
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 8:34 am

Post by Doogal121 »

In post 105, kyndy101 wrote:
Doogal, I believe I just explained my thoughts. : P
Thanks, you certainly did.
reissebach
reissebach
Townie
reissebach
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 10:41 am

Post by reissebach »

I am probably one of the most suspicious people of axle right now, but I believe this line of questioning has a higher chance of producing an unnecessary role claim in the case he is innocent than eliciting a scumtell in the case he is scum

However,

@axle
Of course we would all like a chance to speak before anybody is hammered. Your post (#100) is an example of the distracting and unimportant posts that I view as a scummy attempt at townleading
reissebach
reissebach
Townie
reissebach
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 10:47 am

Post by reissebach »

And happy birthday mallow!
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 11:01 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

That bandwagon was weak.

FOS Oka

How do you know the difference between Oka coming out swinging as town and scum?

I don't know about any soft claim, but pointing out crumbs is terrible if you're town. It makes you look scummy because you point our the power roles for the scum team to kill.

What about bulba makes him genuine? Can you point out a specific post that looks genuine?
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 11:09 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

Policy lynches are stupid.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 11:50 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Bulba, I would obviously panic if someone got me to L-1 so quickly because that could result in a mislynch for town. I won't say stuff like d1 lynch is usually a mislynch because it is NOT, if town plays correctly. If I get lynched town can recover most likely and start scumhunting. I clearly state I am at L-1 at post 89. I can't give hard solid facts because we aren't to the point of the game where I can pull information on previous lynches in my support, and just repeating I am L-1 does little for town. I can't say information that town usually can state during day 2 and beyond. What I just want is no lynching until later so town can get maximum potential for late game.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 11:53 am

Post by OkaPoka »

When did I cut town's info short? I was just asking questions to the IC because they are the most experienced and can teach us newbs some theories.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 11:55 am

Post by OkaPoka »

BTW i did think we were at L-1 because last game of mine's went so quick, day 1 everyone wagoned onto a player, making me think day 1 would be shorter.

I am an idiot.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 104, AxleGreaser wrote: Hi I have no firm idea how seriously this site culture regards role fishing
It's seen as scummy.
In post 107, Doogal121 wrote:
In post 102, AxleGreaser wrote:

I'll go out and say it. @Axle, are you claiming Cop/Tracker here buy saying you need to talk at L-1 or in twilight? If not, what the hell are you trying to say here?
No rolefishing!
In post 114, OkaPoka wrote:When did I cut town's info short? I was just asking questions to the IC because they are the most experienced and can teach us newbs some theories.
You showed interest in the possibilities of quick lynching not once, but twice. I could see the first time as a new player. But after you got your answer the first time, there was no excuse to bring it up yet again. That's not a newb mistake. That was a deliberate attempt to try to get interest in a quick lynch, which would cut down on discussion.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:41 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

How strong is this Oka read you have, Bulba?
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 112, 3dicerolling wrote:Policy lynches are stupid.
Which is a reasonably valid point,
Which is why I adopted a position so strong that derp hammering(which is dumber functionally less useful play than merely a stupid one) is now a scum claim, esp if I am alive this game.
and when I hammer such lynch it will have win con in this game case based on that. (no matter how much I have to squint to see it)

I am Axle no theory to absurd to be considered.
Note as I will hammer that it would also mean Bulba had been driving/initiating it.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

I agree, don't policy lynch someone, but use that just in case the lyncher shows more scumminess.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 117, 3dicerolling wrote:How strong is this Oka read you have, Bulba?
TBMK its a read Bulba and I shared starting with this post of mine.
How strong it is now is for him to say if he wants to. Its perhaps plausible he is waiting for me to say?
In post 17, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 16, OkaPoka wrote:First of All, Bulbazack... Do you like an opening speed/wagon lynch? Because I think that depending on the outcome it could really shift the game in town's position.
But my real question is why is Mallowgeno riding a train this early on against 3Dicerolling?
Is your real question to Bulabzak or 3dice rolling?
Asking your real question but phrasing what you ask at someone else. is :/

Getting the questions you asked bulbazak answered, but your real question ignored by the guy who could answer it and or seemed suspicious enough at that time
and then apparently just forgetting about your real question.....
even though mallowgeon still only has 4 posts activity
thus it is clear tome that even thought mallow has done not much at all that could possibly have calmed or made the real question redundant.

Oka didn't have a serious desire to get his original question answered. :/

This is the original basis of my suspicion. If I rip down the whole filter in that kind of detail... it doesn't get much better. (that might need a /sarcasm to be clear)

If Bulbazak wasn't the IC in this game, Id be pretty darn content to drop my case on a different candidate and see if the rest of the thread prefers one or the other.
(the no paranoia stuff I said before is still true. No AtF ever.)
I am reasonably confident, Bulbazak would be as calm and not alarmed about my alternate wagon as his own. (time will tell)
(but thats just my read of bulbazaks read of where the thread is at and my estimates for D1 thread pace are flaky at best)

Another purpose of this post, is that if there is any good reason for mallow to just keep not posting, ... I sure cant see it,
and what I really need is to eliminate(to a good enough level) enough people as scum. I got sad :( recently when a number of players stopped looking townier with each post and ran away into the bushes or something weird happened.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Just got a tad suspicious for mallow, he is after all already 2 on one wagon. But it doesn't really matter yet.
kyndy101
kyndy101
Goon
kyndy101
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 3:57 pm

Post by kyndy101 »

I don't know about you guys, but I think that Axle and Oka could be scumbuddies. They are always agreeing on the same things and shooting out the same people for questioning, defending each other if someone questions one, and I don't think Oka nor Axle have questioned each other. Axle and Oka scum maybe?

I dunno. :/ Just putting the thought out there if it isn't already.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 4:02 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Anyone could be scum. Nobody questions Bulba. Remember kyndy never to sheep the IC.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 4:03 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

Axle - In 10 sentences or less tell me why Bulba would be waiting on you to clarify his own read.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”