mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 7:41 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 608, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:Mastin stop ignoring my hipster scumread on Sakiscum.
Okay, I'll stop ignoring it and choose to actually address it.

You're wrong; move on.

There, done ignoring it.

:P
In post 610, MTD wrote:Hm, I don't remember much, but obviously I am being wagoned...

I'll be rereading.
This doesn't really feel like a town response to realizing you're being wagoned.

Also, Vezok is so ridiculously town that I'm actually worried he's going to end up nightkilled. Which would really, really suck.
In post 622, vezokpiraka wrote:@AP: Your reads are usually better. What's happening to you?
Always a concern about AP. This + Snork = one of the main reasons my read on AP has been not nearly as solid as it should be. Also also why Majiffy's been a strong scumread of mine; his reads have been, well...weird.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 7:43 am

Post by Guilty Gunsmith »

In post 625, mastin2 wrote:Also, Vezok is so ridiculously town that I'm actually worried he's going to end up nightkilled. Which would really, really suck.
What [posts of his feel town to you? Cause frankly Im not seeing it. Not at all. And I get that you are committed to the whole "Lol AP could be scum cause his reads suck" routine right now, but drop that like a hot potato and ISO Vezok stat, tia.
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 7:50 am

Mastin I really fucking hate what people, yourself and possibly myself included, are doing to the site meta.

You're wrong; move on.

There, done ignoring it.
I dont really think this ^ is townie or scummy but I want to just smite it with the fury of 1000 suns.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 7:57 am

Post by mastin2 »

In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5911931#p5911931]post 626[/url], Guilty Gunsmith wrote:What posts of his feel town to you?
All of them?

I said it in L4D. Vezok's just the type of player who's, well. Who's extremely like me. He's incredibly easy to read for me. Like, I can look at his posts, and basically the whole time, see them and think, "Yep. That's a town-mindset." The tone behind what he says. The mindset motivating him. His whole reads. Everything. It's town. Think, "mastin, but less verbose and more subtle". Read his iso again. He's making good, solid points. He's looking at all the key areas. He's saying all the right things. Yeah, he's not me. But he's similar enough to me that I can tell he's town, more than I can with any other player. I'd basically be willing to entrust my life to him. (Thus, my concern that he'd end up nightkilled. Players that I tend to trust with my life also tend to die before I give mine. :P)
And I get that you are committed to the whole "Lol AP could be scum cause his reads suck" routine right now, but drop that like a hot potato and ISO Vezok stat, tia.
Hey, you're currently not a scumread, so take your victories where you can. I'd be more willing to townread you, though, if you didn't ignore my input on some of my strongest reads and take them into consideration. Now if you talked to me about my weaker reads, sure, yeah, you'd be able to influence me. But my stronger reads should be influencing how you perceive those players. Instead you're trying to undermine them. See the concern?
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 8:02 am

Post by mastin2 »

Huh. That's unusual.
In [url=mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5911936#p5911936]post 627[/url], Guilty Gunsmith wrote:Mastin I really fucking hate what people, yourself and possibly myself included, are doing to the site meta.
You're wrong; move on.
There, done ignoring it.
You left out the important part of that post, though, that being the ":P" at the end. It was an important addition, since it made my intention more clear. I was choosing to ignore your read because I didn't feel it needed to be addressed. Because the read didn't really hold validity to me, and still doesn't. You confronted me about it, I counter-confronted you. You think Saki's scum, you're going to need to show it to me, since that hydra is also near the top of my town list.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 8:03 am

Post by mastin2 »

Oh, figured it out. Problem on my end I think, but I know what it is and it shouldn't exist again.
My academy.
Agnigi
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 8:33 am

Post by Perpetual Nonsense »

The Collective regrets to inform you that we are only human and feel out of the loop.
We of the Collective are of one mind.
There is no Bert. There is no Gaiden.
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 8:37 am

Post by Perpetual Nonsense »

In post 580, Antihero wrote:Snork told me his celebrity crush is Gary Busey.
I lol'd.

We are going to discuss Gunsmith and Majiffy. BRB.
We of the Collective are of one mind.
There is no Bert. There is no Gaiden.
There is only Us
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 8:41 am

In post 628, mastin2 wrote:All of them?
<sigh> ok.
In post 628, mastin2 wrote:The tone behind what he says. The mindset motivating him. His whole reads. Everything. It's town. Think, "mastin, but less verbose and more subtle". Read his iso again. He's making good, solid points.
This is all extremely abstract. Admittedly, I haven't really said much concrete on Vezok but Im intending to just be waffly and void of opinions until Ive had a chance to give 110% to this game (probably not until my BF leaves town). I found I didn't find many of Vezok's opinions very compelling. The ZZZX PL opening post is throwaway. I presently disagree with the WickedDest pressure and I very much disagree that anything WickedDest has said merits a statement like "This is scum right here." WickedDest has admitted to being a little rusty and I can see some of his opinions meshing with current culture (am I making sense here?). He tells Majiffy that he doesn't want a PL on Doduo despite opening with a post about PLing ZZZX. 567 is GOING to look town to you cause its stroking your ego (independent of either of your alignments) and its not a townsign from Vezok. I suspect this is a large reason why you like him so much here. Nothing from Vezok is based in concrete analysis and I
dislike
the feels I get from his train of thought (especially on you and wickeddest). So there.
In post 628, mastin2 wrote:Hey, you're currently not a scumread, so take your victories where you can. I'd be more willing to townread you, though, if you didn't ignore my input on some of my strongest reads and take them into consideration. Now if you talked to me about my weaker reads, sure, yeah, you'd be able to influence me. But my stronger reads should be influencing how you perceive those players. Instead you're trying to undermine them. See the concern?
Well you just mirrored back how I feel about you so you can have some town pants for that. If you are scum then this post is amazing. I realize you havent been calling me scum; you are pushing me aside to follow your own things though. I don't like it but fine. If you DID correctly identify that Im upset/nervous about that and bounced it back at me intentionally then you deserve the Most Cunning nomination I'll be considering giving to you after you flip scum this game.
In post 629, mastin2 wrote:I didn't feel it needed to be addressed. Because the read didn't really hold validity to me, and still doesn't.
Ok, then stop talking about how my reads are bad as a discussion point about me then. Thanks!

--

Are you an ENTP by chance?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 8:42 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 620, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:Im not a player you can read with heuristics. Don't work on me.
You know what word I hate? Heuristics.

:P
In post 632, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:We are going to discuss Gunsmith and Majiffy. BRB.
While you're at it, consider putting a vote on Mastin.

Unless you're already there, then that's cool too.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 8:45 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 633, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:Are you an ENTP by chance?
I'm an INTP! :D

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 8:48 am

Pretty sure mastin knows how AP works regarding his reads and trying to use BoP as a scumtell on both AP and Majiffy (on D1 no less!) is fucking icky. Did anyone read that street racer game? I did. All billion pages of it. AP is like a printer imo. He needs to get warmed up but once he's on, he's like lightning.

Also I know we're town and mastin waffling is a flashing neon sign.

I'M the one that thinks mastin is scum, vez, but as you'll notice, AP and I are discussing it since we don't exactly agree there.
In post 632, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:
In post 580, Antihero wrote:Snork told me his celebrity crush is Gary Busey.
I lol'd.

We are going to discuss Gunsmith and Majiffy. BRB.
ur dum and I know where this is going.

-snork
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 9:11 am

Post by MTD »

In post 625, mastin2 wrote:This doesn't really feel like a town response to realizing you're being wagoned.
lol.
still the same old MTD
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 9:16 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 633, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:This is all extremely abstract.
By itself, yeah. But use the words I say there, and apply them to vezok posts I've quoted. You see them there, and should see why I see that.
I found I didn't find many of Vezok's opinions very compelling.
More subtle Mastin. Less compelling, but just as perceptive, perhaps even moreso. Vezok's opinions may not be compelling...but the opinions he shows are insanely town and hold merit.
Nothing from Vezok is based in concrete analysis and I
dislike
the feels I get from his train of thought (especially on you and wickeddest).
You just called my reasoning on Vezok abstract; my posting is equally not based on concrete analysis, and I have basically the exact same train of thought. As I said. We're similar.
You are pushing me aside to follow your own things though.
What things do you feel strongest about?
You deserve the Most Cunning nomination.
Sadly, I'm not scum this game. But yes, I do feel I'm a good candidate for Most Cunning anyway in spite of that, since my scumgame IS amazingly strong this year. Alas.
I don't think so? The letters ent appears in my PM, but I don't see a P.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 9:17 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 637, MTD wrote:
In post 625, mastin2 wrote:This doesn't really feel like a town response to realizing you're being wagoned.
lol.
Loling is also not exactly a town response to an accusation.

Go reference league some other time!
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 9:20 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 638, mastin2 wrote:I don't think so? The letters ent appears in my PM, but I don't see a P.
Control-fed my role PM with the letter P. Obviously, it comes up, but never in a place that would even remotely suggest ENTP. (Also, just checked; ent doesn't come up, though en with a later t that I can be seen becoming ent does.)
My academy.
Agnigi
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 9:24 am

In post 638, mastin2 wrote:
I don't think so? The letters ent appears in my PM, but I don't see a P.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Brig ... _Indicator
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 9:27 am

Post by MTD »

In post 639, mastin2 wrote:
In post 637, MTD wrote:
lol.

Go reference league some other time!
lol again.

Sorry but there is a type of accusation that is so forced that I just can't take it seriously.
still the same old MTD
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 10:16 am

Post by mastin2 »

Oh.

THAT.

We actually had this discussion in a speakeasy thread, but sadly, the best parts of it were lost in the rollback. (That, or I discussed it under my other online identity, but I coulda sworn I did it on MS.net at one point.)

I think the answer I gave then was, "Kinda?", in that it gave a good guideline but was not a complete fit. For instance, there's a stark contrast between my online and real-life selves. In-person, I'm more introverted (I'm asocial; I LOVE socializing...but absolutely SUCK at it), but since those limitations don't exist in text form, on forum environments, I'm extroverted. (You can tell I'm more introverted online, too, when it comes to chats. I typically lurk in them and occasionally pop in. When I do pop in, I'll probably have a fair amount to say, but often, I simply...don't. It's only in forums that I have the time to think and respond to everything, becoming the social beast that I am.)

I also have both sense and intuition. They're basically gut and logic, right? Well...I've held for years that the two are basically the same thing, and my world perspective on things is similar. I sense things. I have an instinctive feeling for them. Like when driving, I just
know
my speed. I've got a better natural speedometer than my cars' speedometers. (You'd think that'd be subjective, but it's not. My speedometer will tell me I'm going a speed, and those radar signs will show my true speed. Said radar signs agree with GPSes on my speed. And whenever I feel my speed, if I check it to a GPS, the GPS says I'm going more or less the speed I feel I'm going, even if the speedometer says something else. Thus, while it should be subjective, I just
know
it's true.) I have a natural knack for feeling the handling of a car. The speed, the steering, I can basically create a mental profile of it all.
...And therein enters the logical part. I sense the things, but then I process them intuitively. I have this way of instantly analyzing the things I see and basically going through things logically.

To explain this, think of...art. There's basically two ways that you can go about art, and they fit into the two types. One is to follow the strokes, the flow, of things. How objects move. Dynamic tracking. How things go. It's not "making it up as you go along", but it is building things naturally, with an idea in your head that you bring to life on the paper, bit by bit, by bringing things out.

The other way to go about it is more geometrically. Mathematically. Like an architect, you can create lines and shapes. You build things like a structure. And then layer them out, bit by bit, piece by piece. It's not static and stale, but it is organized, precise, and deliberate. Two separate approaches. But for my art, I've found that I'm at my strongest as an artist when the two merge together. You can already tell in my descriptions of the two alone that they have overlap, no? That the two separate art approaches have a great degree of similarity, of planning vs doing, of on-the-paper vs on-the-head. And my way is to do both at the same time.

I feel things. I process things. And to me, that really covers the others as well. I think things, and feel the conclusion. I feel something, then think of why I feel that way. (For instance, if I have a craving for food, that's a feeling. Then I ask
why
I'm craving that food, and through knowledge, can generally get what my body's asking for. Craving steak? I probably need protein.)

So really, I feel as if seeing things through the eyes of the ENTP world is too narrow. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, going through the list.
ENTPs gain energy through interactions with people or objects in the outside world. They tend to enjoy having a wide circle of acquaintances.
Does describe me. Though I should note that I LOVE smaller communities, because that more intimate feeling makes me feel like family to them.
N – Intuition preferred to sensing: ENTPs tend to be more abstract than concrete. They focus their attention on the big picture rather than the details, and on future possibilities rather than immediate realities.
Also more accurate than not. Because I DO think of things in more abstract terms, and when it comes to stories, am very good at getting the bigger picture down. And I do have my head in the clouds when it comes to the future. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, it should be noted...I'm VERY good at picking up the details of OTHERS. My own details, I SUCK at pinning down, but others, I'm awesome at.
T – Thinking preferred to feeling: ENTPs tend to value objective criteria above personal preference. When making decisions, they generally give more weight to logic than to social considerations
And this one? This one's more false than true. Because I am a very, VERY subjective person. I do what I feel like doing, rather than what is objectively the best thing to do. Yeah, sure! I'll weigh them in my head. I'll think how I feel. And I'll think about the facts of the situation. Most lylos are actually a debate between think vs. feel, and ultimately I do a LOT of thinking in the lylo, but I often place FAR more into feeling than should be for a T. I suppose it applies for others, though. When thinking about plans, well...that's kinda what I'm good at doing.
P – Perception preferred to judgment: ENTPs tend to withhold judgment and delay important decisions, preferring to "keep their options open" should circumstances change.
More true than not, but as noted, I'm impulsive. REALLY impulsive. I tend to not jump to conclusions. I am reserved. I like to take my time. Think things through. Analyze. But sometimes?
...No, make that basically most of the time?
Ultimately, I just say, "Ah, screw it," and jump right in.

(Note that I have been diagnosed as being bipolar. And that might influence some of this.)
The ENTP has been described variously as the innovator, the originator, the lawyer, the inventor, the explorer, and the visionary. ENTPs also fall into the general categories of thinkers, rationals, and engineers.
Well, I certainly fancy myself as most of these. I tend not to think myself the inventor of new ideas...but I DO see myself as being an innovator for the application OF them. I like to own, be the originator, of things. I also have a tendency to rules lawyer. (At least I used to, when I was of the mindset that playing to win was the more important half of the equation.) I was ALWAYS a highly-adventurous child, and I most CERTAINLY am a visionary. So basically most of these do define me.
ENTPs are quick to see complex interrelationships between people, things, and ideas. These interrelationships are analyzed in profound detail through the ENTPs auxiliary function, introverted thinking (Ti). The result is an in-depth understanding of the way things and relationships work, and how they can be improved.
Oh, yes. Most certainly. I see the strings of people, and how they are woven. However...the thing is, I see these things for others. I've NEVER been able to integrate myself into them. It's actually been a point of frustration in my life. Imagine having near-perfect clarity of...everything. A seeming omnipotence for how humans work, and social interactions, and seeing others happy and knowing how they got there and understanding it and having everything there. Knowledge. Understanding.
...But being stuck on the outside, unable to apply it for yourself. (It should be noted that while I've never been diagnosed [mostly out of choice], I've been suspected of having high-functioning autism most of my life, which may contribute.)
To the ENTP, competence and intelligence are particularly prized, both in themselves and in other people.
However, this? Doesn't fit. Not even remotely. I couldn't care less how competent or intelligent a person is. I do care about it in myself, rather, I fear the lack of it and am always striving to make sure I have it, but that doesn't seem to really fit.
ENTPs are frequently described as clever, cerebrally and verbally quick, enthusiastic, outgoing, innovative, flexible, loyal, and resourceful.
I've been called brilliant my whole life if that matters. But verbally quick? No, not really. If I've got a speech? I'll nail it. I'm a masterful actor if I've memorized my script. But if I've run through my lines yet don't have them down? Heck no. I suck. Again, problems not present online. My typing speed I suppose does make me verbally quick, because I've got an insanely-high WPM count. I do see myself as incredibly flexible, EXTREMELY loyal (I do NOT like breaking my word, and seeing people I care about drift away HURTS), and am incredibly resourceful, soyeah, there's that.
ENTPs are motivated by a desire to understand and improve the world they live in. They are usually accurate in sizing up a situation. They may have a perverse sense of humor and sometimes play devil's advocate, which can create misunderstandings with friends, coworkers, and family. ENTPs are ingenious and adept at directing relationships between means and ends. ENTPs devise fresh, unexpected solutions to difficult problems. However, they are less interested in generating and following through with detailed plans than in generating ideas and possibilities.
Okay, this is spot-on.
In a team environment, ENTPs are most effective in a role where they can draw on their abilities to offer deep understanding, a high degree of flexibility, and innovative solutions to problems.
I guess? I really suck at teamwork in real life, and in mafia games, I'm generally best at smoothing things out, so maybe, maybe not.
The ENTP regards a comment like "it can't be done" as a personal challenge, and, if properly motivated, will spare no effort to discover a solution.
This one's definitely true, though. :P
A ENTP could consider everything above to be only ones personal interpretation.
Well...yeah.
Inventors are introspective, pragmatic, informative, and expressive.
For certain definitions, yes. I'm highly pragmatic, but also highly stubborn. I generally am really good at giving good info, but I have to deliver it effectively. (My words are always helpful, it's just that they have to be coherent in-speech and readable online.) And expressive, heck yeah, I'm a ridiculously large ham in real life if you give me the chance.
They can become highly skilled in functional engineering and invention.
Well, I am pursuing a degree in engineering, so there's that. Not sure drafting is the type of engineering they're talking about, though.
Of all the role variants, Inventors are the most resistant to doing things a certain way just because it was done that way in the past.
Depends--resistant to how things were done in the past by others? Yep! I don't care. Resistant to how things have been done in the past by me? Heck no, I'm a creature of extreme habit and absolutely HATE it being broken.
Intensely curious, Inventors are always looking for new projects to work on, and they have an entrepreneurial character. Designing and improving mechanisms and products is a constant goal of Inventors.
Sure, I guess.
Though full of ideas, Inventors are primarily interested in those that can be put into action or used to make products.
Full of ideas, sure. Focusing pragmatically on only the more realistic ones becoming reality, sure. But this is for story ideas, with me as a writer. Don't think that's what they had in mind. :P
For example, they see product design as a means to an end, the goal being a marketable prototype.
Don't think so.
When beginning a project, they rarely start with a blueprint. Rather they are confident in their ability to find effective and pragmatic solutions during the design process.
Eh, more true than not.
Inventors tend to be laid back, nonjudgmental, and good conversationalists.
Most of the time, yeah, 'cept when my temper flares. (Also, conversationalist is only for my online self.)
They are often nonconformists who attract a circle of friends interested in their ideas or activities.
Yep!
Generally informative rather than directive in their social exchanges, Inventors are often able to explain their own complicated ideas well, and to comprehend the complex ideas of others.
Okay, this one's spot-on.
In arguments they may use debating skills, often to the significant disadvantage of their opponent.
Surprisingly, yeah.
This strategy can backfire, however, by alienating those seeking a cooperative relationship rather than a combative one.
A fact that I'm aware of, thus why this part fails since, well, I know it and try to not fight people.
Inventors are usually ingenious individuals who are capable of rising to meet the demands of challenging situations.
I say that I can. History shows that's iffy.
In work, they tend to be good leaders of pilot products that test their abilities.
I've always thought I'd make a good leader, but I don't actually see it working.
Constantly looking for new ways to do things, Inventors usually have the drive and the social skills to implement their ideas.
Drive, yes. Social skills, not so much. :P Not in-person, anyway.

I could go on, but you get the idea:
Probably the closest personality type to being accurate, but...not all-encompassing of me.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 10:17 am

Post by mastin2 »

...That. Probably shoulda been spoilered. :oops:
My academy.
Agnigi
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 10:17 am

Post by Snork »

In post 644, mastin2 wrote:...That. Probably shoulda been spoilered. :oops:
SOME OF US READ ON POTATO.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 10:50 am

Post by Majiffy »

Goddamnit Mastin walls even when she isn't talking about mafia.

||
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 10:50 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 643, mastin2 wrote:I could go on.
Spoiler: And decided to anyway :P
Ne finds and interprets hidden meanings.[/quote] Oh, yes. YES. Sometimes, cigars are just cigar. HOWEVER, I am of the mindset that even if the cigar was meant as just a cigar, it can have meaning beyond having been a cigar...if not to the person with the cigar, then to the person perceiving the cigar.

Probably not the best metaphor, but it conveys exactly what I'm talking about. More than that, when I have reason to believe there IS subtext, I am VERY good at actually getting it, should I choose to. So good, that I've had to learn how to turn this ability off. It's often a necessity to enjoy a story. How would you feel about seeing a film for the first time, with absolutely no spoilers in advance about any aspect of it, and yet, being able to know everything about it in advance of it happening? I've had that happen by accidentally leaving it on.

...Actually. I have a perfect way of describing this.
The first Robert Downie Jr. Sherlock Holmes movie had a scene showing Sherlock's cursed-with-awesome powers. He was scanning everything in the dinner,
and couldn't shut it off
. (By the way, that he can let biases influence his scans is ALSO a part of my personality. :P) In fact, that movie and how Sherlock operates in general as displayed there is basically also how I work. I plan out my attacks before I make them. When things don't go according to plan, I can improvise effectively. I'm prone to error, and can make mistakes. And sometimes, I can know the answer and just need to find a way to PROVE what I already know to be true. Plus the whole friends-helping-me angle and that I see myself as a hero who can make the tough decisions including sacrificing myself. And that I also have destructive hobbies, among them some serious addictions.

But I digress.
This intuitive play weaves together insights and experiences from various sources to find the whole, which can then become a catalyst to action.
Spot on. Seriously, spot-on.
Ne allows the ENTP effortlessly to identify complex interrelationships between ideas, people, and things that are often invisible to most other personality types.
Yep!
Ti seeks precision, such as the exact word to express an idea.
Holy mother of yes. Seriously, this is one of the main reasons I am verbose, and one of the largest struggles I've had as a person. To find the exact word to convey my thoughts. Often, a single word to others can take me a full sentence to find. A single sentence can be a whole paragraph. Because the words aren't there, and need to be. Or sometimes, the words simply don't exist, and I need to 'invent the words' to describe this idea that I know nobody else is going to understand.
It notices the minute distinctions that define the essence of things, then analyzes and classifies them.
Yep! You actually see a lot of this in my MD theory.
Ti examines all sides of an issue, looking to solve problems while minimizing effort and risk.
I suppose. Do note that this applies to others, and when it comes to my own decisions...I'm not nearly as good at it.
It uses models to root out logical inconsistency.
Well, I can generally tell when something's 'off', but I wouldn't call that logical inconsistency, so much as a feeling of an inconsistency existing.
In the ENTP, Ti analyzes the constant stream of information that Ne provides.
Dead-on...but note that it can and does run the other way for me, something the personality descriptor seems to fail to catch. Logical stuff can be analyzed by feeling.
Ti develops structure and reconciles any inconsistencies in the ENTP's belief system.
I suppose, but again, works vice-versa just as often if not more.
However, Ti cannot match the activity of Ne, which leads the ENTP to juggle multiple projects and theoretical enterprises at any given time, in various stages of completion.
...Alright, this one's me. Kinda obvious. :P
Fe seeks social connections and creates harmonious interactions through polite, considerate, and appropriate behavior.
Well, I do TRY. Not very good at succeeding, though.
Fe responds to the explicit (and implicit) wants of others, and may even create an internal conflict between the subject’s own needs and the desire to meet the needs of others.
Yes and oh SO yes. I am highly selfish, but...I really, really like helping others, so much so that I've often abandoned my own health in favor of trying to help others because I wanted to.
When Fe is well developed, the ENTP can foster goodwill in others, and can be seen as quite charming and loyal.
I'd like to think so, yeah.
When it is not well developed, the ENTP can be seen as aloof and unconcerned with other people's feelings.
But this one's also definitely happened.
In most ENTPs, weakness of the tertiary function can be observed in its inconsistency or lack of endurance.
If I understand this correctly, then...yes?
Si collects data in the present moment and compares it with past experiences, a process that sometimes evokes the feelings associated with memory, as if the subject were reliving it.
I've often thought myself to be a sentimental fool, so...yes?
Seeking to protect what is familiar, Si draws upon history to form goals and expectations about what will happen in the future.
Kinda? I place a strong emphasis on learning from my history as to not repeat it, and know that what happened then can happen again without taking countermeasures.
Without this function, the ENTP can be seen as unpredictable and random, but when it is well developed, the ENTP is seen as orderly and understandable.
True and true, I think.
Attracted to symbolic actions or devices, Ni synthesizes seeming paradoxes to create the previously unimagined.
...Actually. This. This is uncannily close to what I've done. If you've seen me ramble about things, well...you'd know. My take on religion. My take on random objects. It's actually...really kinda scarily close.
These realizations come with a certainty that demands action to fulfill a new vision of the future, solutions that may include complex systems or universal truths.
I think this part's true, too.
Te organizes and schedules ideas and the environment to ensure the efficient, productive pursuit of objectives.
Again, I am awesome at this for others and suck at it for myself. I'm kinda getting better, but...not by much?
Te seeks logical explanations for actions, events, and conclusions, looking for faulty reasoning and lapses in sequence.
Not...really? I do try to understand things. I see everything as having happened for some reason, and do want to know what that reason is, but I don't really expect it to be particularly logical. I aim to have an explanation that makes sense to me, sure, yeah, but I'm not looking for anything faulty and certainly not in lapses in sequences. The closest I come is searching for cogdis.
Fi filters information based on interpretations of worth, forming judgments according to criteria that are often intangible.
If I understand this, sounds vaguely accurate.
Fi constantly balances an internal set of values such as harmony and authenticity.
...This one's definitely me, though.
Attuned to subtle distinctions, Fi innately senses what is true and what is false in a situation.
Yep! Though, should be noted, that I'm also really, REALLY good at figuring out that it's often a false dilemma, that there's grays involved, that there's sometimes more than two answers, that it can be both, it can be neither, it can be more complex than it seems, and such. For instance, "us or them" is an example of something that I have dissected and explained why it's not true.
Extraverted sensing focuses on the experiences and sensations of the immediate, physical world.
I think? I mean, I sometimes like to just look at things, and see them. Just to see them. Feel things. Just to feel things. Hear things. Just to listen to them. Sense things, just to sense them.
With an acute awareness of the present surroundings, it brings relevant facts and details to the forefront and may lead to spontaneous action.
Well, I wouldn't call the facts brought up as being necessarily relevant, but...yes.
So further reflection is "probably the best fit, and highly accurate, but not a full encapsulation of me".
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 11:00 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 642, MTD wrote:
In post 639, mastin2 wrote:
In post 637, MTD wrote:
lol.
lol again.
Sorry but there is a type of accusation that is so forced that I just can't take it seriously.
Also kinda lacking the proper words to respond to this, but there's no forcedness. It IS a valid concern.

Pressure exists.
Responding to pressure is a key way to help read players.
The way you're responding to pressure doesn't look town.
When called out on it, you saying 'lol' was also not a town response, because basically, posting just a "lol" is something that, well. Kinda often comes from a scum player who simply doesn't have a response. There are town ways to respond to an idea you think is ridiculous as town. Typing 'lol' is not one of them. 'lol' has its place in a town player's vocabulary, as does the lol-emote, but not there during that time.

Know the type of response I'd have expected?
None at all.
Or if one is given?
"Meh."
"No."
"Whut?"
And the like.

Other similar not-necessarily-scum-but-definitely-not-town responses include, "You serious?" and "You joking?"

It's basically mindset/tone and all that. Town players shrug it off, knowing it's not really anything. Scum players are dismissive of it as being ridiculous.

Is this a rock-solid tell, heck no. Is it an indicator, I think so.
My academy.
Agnigi
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 11:42 am

Post by Antihero »

so.... the hydrogen peroxide method of cleaning out earwax is actually really effective. it was extremely gross, but on the upside, i can hear a lot better...

anyway, vote count...
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”