Protogonos
Protogonos
Goon
Protogonos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:23 pm

Post by Protogonos »

Reinoe, to be fair, Frodo Baggins is not necessarily in the game. A common mod practice (and how I run my theme games) is to have more characters than necessary and randomize those that are selected. This means there is no way to break the setup using flavor. shos may also have omitted Frodo for any other number of reasons.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:27 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 125, Protogonos wrote:Reinoe, to be fair, Frodo Baggins is not necessarily in the game. A common mod practice (and how I run my theme games) is to have more characters than necessary and randomize those that are selected. This means there is no way to break the setup using flavor. shos may also have omitted Frodo for any other number of reasons.
So the theory was that scum would take their chances at L-4 and claim a role that's almost definitely in the game?

Wow, that theory holds about as much water as the "reinoe typed [Confirm]" and he must be scum" theory. And that vote came after RVS ended so no it was not joking.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:29 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 126, reinoe wrote:
In post 125, Protogonos wrote:Reinoe, to be fair, Frodo Baggins is not necessarily in the game. A common mod practice (and how I run my theme games) is to have more characters than necessary and randomize those that are selected. This means there is no way to break the setup using flavor. shos may also have omitted Frodo for any other number of reasons.
So the theory was that scum would take their chances at L-4 and claim a role that's almost definitely in the game?

Wow, that theory holds about as much water as the "reinoe typed [Confirm]" and he must be scum" theory. And that vote came after RVS ended so no it was not joking.
Definitely? How do you figure?
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Post by reinoe »

Definitely? How do you figure?[/quote]
My dying words is that this is lynched tomorrow^^^^. It's reaching Obscum levels.

Selkie
Fail Hydra
Fail Hydra
Townie
Fail Hydra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:32 pm

Post by Fail Hydra »

In post 108, Protogonos wrote:
In post 105, Fail Hydra wrote:That was an RVS vote, they have silly reasons like that! It wasn't serious and I have no idea why you're overreacting like this. No one would have hammered you, not until proper discussion about it was had.
We had proper discussions. We also had players portraying shite votes as legit.
And if you are town, I'd like you to know that you've taken away some of the best information - the hammer. The hammer vote is so important for finding scum (at least in my scumhunting tactics it is) that by taking that away from town, you've hurt towns chances at finding scum off of your wagon.
Wow, I almost believe this is not canned. What database of Things that Sound Townish do you use?
Yes, proper discussions in twilight, which is only happening because shos hasn't locked the thread yet. And we had reinou believing shite votes were legit, there's a difference.

The only reason I said that was because I didn't think reinou truly understood the consequences of what he did. I feel that when people are flailing around and raging at everything and everyone, it's best to put your thoughts into as many small, concise words so that they can't misunderstand you in the slightest.
You're right, it is database, that's the point. I'm not trying to look town here, I'm trying to tell reinou that even if he
is
town, he was being anti-town and explicitly spelling it out for him.

p-edit: @reinou - yes, it is hard to believe that anyone but
newbies and idiots
would quickhammer. Everyone knows if you quickhammer your ass is going to get quicklynched
so
hard the next day, no one would ever do it. Each and every quickhammer I have seen were all self-votes (and lylo, but that doesn't count in this situation). Think about that for a minute.

--Piggy--
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:34 pm

Post by reinoe »

PMing the mod so I can be not-lynched and then nightkilled.

Also I've seen quickhammers not get lynched.

Selkie
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:38 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 129, Fail Hydra wrote:[
The only reason I said that was because I didn't think reinou truly understood the consequences of what he did.

--Piggy--
So shit votes don't lead to people getting lynched?

Selkie
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:40 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 131, reinoe wrote:
The only reason I said that was because I didn't think reinou truly understood the consequences of what he did.

--Piggy--
Your vote lynched you. What do you think?
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:42 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 132, Aronis wrote:
In post 131, reinoe wrote:

--Piggy--
Your vote lynched you. What do you think?
I was getting lynched no matter what. Once a person hits L-1 there's not stopping it. That's what, the third time I've said it? Scum typically don't read the threads so closely.

Selkie
Fail Hydra
Fail Hydra
Townie
Fail Hydra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:45 pm

Post by Fail Hydra »

I myself have and seen others hit L-1 plenty of times and come away from it, scum and town alike.

--Piggy--
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:48 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 134, Fail Hydra wrote:I myself have and seen others hit L-1 plenty of times and come away from it, scum and town alike.

--Piggy--
I see no way that was happening this game considering the number of people who think Frodo Baggins would not be in a game called "Lord Of The Rings".

Again people were not believing
a full role and name claim
. Nothing was stopping that wagon.

Selkie
Protogonos
Protogonos
Goon
Protogonos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:54 pm

Post by Protogonos »

In post 126, reinoe wrote: So the theory was that scum would take their chances at L-4 and claim a role that's almost definitely in the game?
I never said that you were scum. In fact, I do not believe you are. I simply said that the assumption that Frodo Baggins has to be in the game is FALSE.
In post 129, Fail Hydra wrote:Yes, proper discussions in twilight, which is only happening because shos hasn't locked the thread yet. And we had reinou believing shite votes were legit, there's a difference.
My own assessment is that the votes were actual votes. I see no reason to believe otherwise, since the players said that the votes were real. So...
The only reason I said that was because I didn't think reinou truly understood the consequences of what he did. I feel that when people are flailing around and raging at everything and everyone,
it's best to put your thoughts into as many small, concise words so that they can't misunderstand you in the slightest
ROFL. That is some condescension if I ever saw any.
p-edit: @reinou - yes, it is hard to believe that anyone but
newbies and idiots
would quickhammer. Everyone knows if you quickhammer your ass is going to get quicklynched
so
hard the next day, no one would ever do it.
Lies.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:13 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 115, Protogonos wrote:
In post 114, Bulbazak wrote:Why do you hope he is not scum?
Because it would give me near-orgasmic pleasure to witness the town realizing that rash behavior has consequences.
I wouldn't call the town's behavior rash. After all, Reinoe was the one who self voted.
In post 116, reinoe wrote: Weren't you the one who was scumreading me because you think Frodo Baggins wouldn't be in a game called "Lord Of The Rings"?
No, I was scumreading you for your attempting to look town via the questions, for your premature claim, for your claim of unkillable, which amounts to "kill it with fire", and for your Appeal to Fear of "if you kill me, bad things will happen guys".
In post 120, reinoe wrote: I'm not fighting a derpwagon. I've said so several times. People quickhammer way too often. How is this hard to understand?
Quick hammers don't happen as often as you'd think. The day phase is our most precious resource, and quick hammers cut information short. Plus, I for one would PL the crap out of anyone who quick hammered.
In post 126, reinoe wrote: So the theory was that scum would take their chances at L-4 and claim a role that's almost definitely in the game?
Mods generally provide fake claims in theme games, which means that scum know that their fake claim is not in the game. And mods go to great lengths to ensure that their game cannot be broken by flavor. An example would be Fire Emblem: Awakening, where the main character was a scum fake claim.
In post 133, reinoe wrote:Once a person hits L-1 there's not stopping it.
Sure there is. I once walked away from L-1 twice in a game. Add in the fact that short days are not good for town, and it was unlikely that you would have been lynched too quickly.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Protogonos
Protogonos
Goon
Protogonos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:17 pm

Post by Protogonos »

In post 137, Bulbazak wrote:I wouldn't call the town's behavior rash. After all, Reinoe was the one who self voted.
And it was only a hammer because reinoe was at L-1. The fact that players who voted after the full claim are pissed about the lynch (and not just the self-hammer) is proof enough.
Protogonos
Protogonos
Goon
Protogonos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:17 pm

Post by Protogonos »

Aronis and Bulbazak should both die posthaste.
Freja
Freja
Townie
Freja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:19 pm

Post by Freja »

sigh...I didn't sign up for a troll game, people.

Firstly, Dr. Pants and I will be writing as a unit. If there is a sudden change in tone/writing style, its probably because a different person is writing. But we will be collaborating before submitting things.

@Reinoe: I have been at L-1 in almost every game I've played, and I rarely get lynched. Your attitude is bull, and unless you have a good reason for it role wise, you should be getting modkilled.

@Bulbazak: Please stop with your "I will not explain anything I do, but I will declare the allignments I think people have. Without any reasoning." And if you complain about how its your play-style, then you should change your play-style. A failure to explain ones reads only results in an inability for town to judge intent/motivation behind a read, and a lack of knowledge as to why a person may be considered scummy

Also, why did you respond to feel the need to respond to Reinoe's questions with something that can be summed up with "I disagree?"

Lastly, Reinoe's role claim was obviously idiotic, but for you to immediately react with "oh, this guy's lynch can help scum!" VOTE, without even the consideration that 1) its Reinoe we're talking about here, 2) it could be a gambit, 3) he may actually
want
to get lynched (think "the One Ring" in some of the other LOTR themed mafia games), warrants suspicion. Same goes for Aronis.

@Toogeloo: Neither of us do meta, so fuck that. Also, no. We do not know if Frodo is or is not in the game, and there is no point trying to break via flavor D1. Scum could have Frodo as a fake claim, scum could have
all
the hobbits as fake claims, or they could be a horde of nameless orcs--my point is, its irrelevant and idk why this discussion is coming up.
In post 114, Bulbazak wrote:Proto is scum, btw.
Maybe, but you certainly are.

PEDIT: omg. Pants and I both agree, that last post is SCUMSCUMSCUMSCUM
hydra of Dr Pants and ToastyToast

"You will lose your souls
many
times. Keh hahahaha."
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:25 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 137, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 115, Protogonos wrote:
In post 114, Bulbazak wrote:Why do you hope he is not scum?
Because it would give me near-orgasmic pleasure to witness the town realizing that rash behavior has consequences.
I wouldn't call the town's behavior rash. After all, Reinoe was the one who self voted.
In post 116, reinoe wrote: Weren't you the one who was scumreading me because you think Frodo Baggins wouldn't be in a game called "Lord Of The Rings"?
No, I was scumreading you for your attempting to look town via the questions, for your premature claim, for your claim of unkillable, which amounts to "kill it with fire", and for your Appeal to Fear of "if you kill me, bad things will happen guys".
In post 120, reinoe wrote: I'm not fighting a derpwagon. I've said so several times. People quickhammer way too often. How is this hard to understand?
Quick hammers don't happen as often as you'd think. The day phase is our most precious resource, and quick hammers cut information short. Plus, I for one would PL the crap out of anyone who quick hammered.
Bulbazak is trying to buddy me after the not-lynch to look townie.

I find it kinda remarkable the players who have been here for years claiming they've not seen the things I've seen in just a few months.

Bulbuzak is scum along with Aronis. Third scum probably Three To Mango. A wagon this retarded can't form this quickly without all three being on board.

Selkie
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:41 pm

Post by reinoe »

So in addition to scum already being the informed minority, you're telling me that Scum are often given a list of names and roles so that they can safely fake claim? That is such motherfucking garbage I'm never playing a theme game again.

Selkie
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:03 pm

Post by reinoe »

One last post before I got to bed...

During the middle of the second age, in the fires of Mount Doom was forged a ring. That ring was malevolent - and
powerful as no other object; and wielding it, the Necromancer - Sauron - was almost too powerful to fight against.

It is now the third age of Middle Earth. The free peoples of Middle Earth are on a quest to destroy this ring - but
the enemy forces will not rest to prevent that.

Will they succeed?

~~~~~~~

Presented to you a game featuring:
---->Special and unique mechanics<----

Interesting flavor
Game balanced by RedCoyote, JacobSavage, PenguinAlien and Antihero
I'm accepting 3 Pre-ins - PM if interested! ---these are now filled; if you'd like me to PM you when the game is in signups, PM me.

Recommending knowledge of flavor!!
I look forward to town overcoming whatever advantage they've given to scum.

Selkie
Freja
Freja
Townie
Freja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:06 pm

Post by Freja »

In post 142, reinoe wrote:So in addition to scum already being the informed minority, you're telling me that Scum are often given a list of names and roles so that they can safely fake claim? That is such motherfucking garbage I'm never playing a theme game again.
:( Theme games are the best. You learn not to treat claims as OMG OBVTOWN, which is important in all games, really. Also some mods only give safe-names, others give them roles that other people have (ew)--and regardless the town can and should be able to sort the fake from the real if they know what they're doing.
hydra of Dr Pants and ToastyToast

"You will lose your souls
many
times. Keh hahahaha."
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:11 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

There's a lot of butthurt in this thread. You kids need to relax more.
ThreetoMango
ThreetoMango
Townie
ThreetoMango
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:16 pm

Post by ThreetoMango »

It is
not
"almost definitely" in the game. As it was said before, it is more than likely scum got told a safeclaim, and it seems quite likely you have been using it.
Goddammit, nobody ever used this reasoning. We [read:mastin] said we had a scumread on you, quoting your confirm post, but that was just to show who we were talking about. So can you
please
stop ranting about things that never happened?
In post 131, reinoe wrote: So shit votes don't lead to people getting lynched?
No.
Just because you witnessed a derphammer once (or twice, it's not like I know) doesn't mean they happen every time, and it is not a reason for you to claim at
L-4
. I have witnessed zero derphammers in my last 10 games (even including marathons), so please don't act like your limited experience was all that counts.
In post 133, reinoe wrote: I was getting lynched no matter what. Once a person hits L-1 there's not stopping it. That's what, the third time I've said it? Scum typically don't read the threads so closely.
This is BS. Acting like every L-1 wagon is lynched is BS and so is the assumption that scum didn't read the thread as closely. In my experience scum tend to read it
more
closely if anything.
In post 135, reinoe wrote: I see no way that was happening this game considering the number of people who think Frodo Baggins would not be in a game called "Lord Of The Rings".

Again people were not believing
a full role and name claim
. Nothing was stopping that wagon.
You being town might have. But yeah, since you are probably scum, it probably wouldn't have stopped.
In post 141, reinoe wrote: Bulbazak is trying to buddy me after the not-lynch to look townie.
I don't even...
I find it kinda remarkable the players who have been here for years claiming they've not seen the things I've seen in just a few months.
-.- Nobody said that they haven't
witnessed
things, but you are assuming that just because things happen once or twice they happen every time.

A wagon this retarded can't form this quickly without all three being on board.
...You have no idea, do you?

~MTD [not really synced]

Pedit: There's nothing as good for learning the game as failing spectacularly.
Also what Freja said.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:39 pm

Post by reinoe »

Sorry couldn't sleep because of a firetruck. By the way to show that Three To Mango is obviously lying, I was being scumread by that hydra as of post 37. As of post 37 I had three posts. I challenge the entire town to find the scumminess in post 9, 27, or 30. Those were my three posts.

Selkie
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:08 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

:lol: I can't believe you role claimed as Frodo at L-4. And still got lynched! That's somefunny fucking shit right there rein. Remind me to play a game with you where I'm mafia - the easy mislynch and ensuing /ragequit would be even funnier when red.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:10 pm

Post by reinoe »

Drew-Sta wrote::lol: I can't believe you role claimed as Frodo at L-4. And still got lynched! That's somefunny fucking shit right there rein. Remind me to play a game with you where I'm mafia - the easy mislynch and ensuing /ragequit would be even funnier when red.
If you don't mind after this game. I'll be adding this quote to my wiki-page.

Selkie

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”