fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3025 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:06 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I didn't troll. Not intentionally. I was pretty freaked about being suspected of being SK and expected getting NK'd would lose the game.

Aside from townreading Zmuffin pretty hard, I think my reads weren't bad. I suspected Varsoon and I wanted to lynch Magua first because Feirei's play had looked town even though Victor's hadn't. But there really wasn't any energy around lynching Magua. :/

This was a really difficult game to replace into at mylo. I would like to think I would have been more effective, and played better if I'd been in the game from the start, but I dunno.

When Victor flipped town, I figured Nacho was probably scum, and if there had been a day 4 I might have gone after him hammer and tongs.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3026 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:15 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3027 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:20 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

fakegod wrote:The setup may have been favoring them
i actually thought this game was rather town-sided, albeit requiring town to lynch a scum player for that to be the case

if magua-slot had been lynched at any point prior to N2 it would have been an uphill battle all game, or if town had used their roles a bit differently (since the downside to getting double kills each night was magua-slot being completley defenseless to vig/investigations/roleblocks/etc)

roles look cool. i woulda liked to roll town this game.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #3028 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:14 am

Post by FakeGod »

I mean it's true

town had a shitton of power

and then some
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #3029 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:15 am

Post by FakeGod »

I feel especially bad for pieguyn and GIF, who were on the losing side of both Touhou UPicks.

Calling all touhou fans!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #3030 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:34 am

Post by FakeGod »

I thought it was absolutely hilarious that the scum team was Yukari + Team 9

Calling all touhou fans!
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3031 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:23 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I still can't get over kagami town.
That buddying to magua was aaaaah.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3032 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:34 am

Post by Kagami »

You mean magua, who I considered scum more or less throughout the final day? I was sure muffin was scum too, since town muffin would have been railing on the IC all of day 3; and also knew that varsoon was scum. I just thought FG wouldn't make an investigation immune scum, so figured he had to be SK, which left victor as scum and the only scum I had position to lynch.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3033 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:44 am

Post by Kagami »

I don't think town had a lot of power. Much of what we had was powerful on paper, but wildly anti-town given that the scum had two godfathers (a role that I don't think should ever be seen outside of open setups).
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3034 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:42 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 3024, vezokpiraka wrote:I caught zmuffin day 1 and none helped me lynch him. Fuck his ability that blocks stuff.
um
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3035 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:43 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

was really frustrating to have everyone handwave my shit on muffin away with armchair meta *cough pie sakura cough*
beefycheese
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3036 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:35 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

my face when Varsoon was godfather orz
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3037 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:45 am

Post by Magua »

Oh god I'm so terrible as scum.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3038 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:49 am

Post by Magua »

Oh, and zMM, I never even opened the other Quicktopics. (Upon seeing my role, I originally thought I got to trollpost in them, but no, FakeGod clarified it was just reading, so then I asked about the unique visitor count, and he was like, "Um, about that" and zMM and Varsoon are screaming in the scum QT to not open them, so.)

Trollposting QT Spy would be awesome, tho.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3039 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:55 am

Post by Magua »

Also, I think it's a quantifiable town disadvantage to be in an incredibly uncommon setup (Mafia has two kills) that looks like a very common setup (eg Mafia + SK).
Feirei
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3040 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:57 am

Post by Feirei »

If you "caught" him, why did you waste your vig on someone who was blatantly obvtown, vezok?
I apologize if certain words are misspelled. My sister got too liberal with liquid drinks near the laptop.

~Current number of pre-ins for Fire vs Ice Mafia: 0/6~

You never know what you've got until it's gone.
You can call me Fei, Feirei, or Kari.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3041 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:16 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 3040, Feirei wrote:If you "caught" him, why did you waste your vig on someone who was blatantly obvtown, vezok?
Because she attacked Victor, whom he mysteriously knew to be town.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3042 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:26 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

kagami wrote:I don't think town had a lot of power. Much of what we had was powerful on paper, but wildly anti-town given that the scum had two godfathers (a role that I don't think should ever be seen outside of open setups).
i think this is very wrong

magua's role was a double-edged sword. it could be extremely powerful IF he never drew night actions (which just so happened to be the case this game) but there were multiple ways he could have been caught (apart from the cops, a rolecop on him woulda doomed him, he could have been vig-killed, roleblocked, etc)

my role was very limited in use and only became useful near mylo/lylo, which means i needed to live that long to make it useful

and varsoon was just a glorified godfather with no other real abilities, and it was just pure luck that he was sakura's investigation target, because if sakura had investigated town D1, you woulda had a town player in varsoon's "conftown" position (or if she'd investigated me, she woulda got no result or we'd have been forced to kill her) and him having a relatively useless role (or at least no useful active abilities)

but what makes this town-sided isn't so much that your abilities countered ours or anything... it's the fact that there were so many goddamn ICs (and it took so much mist to counter this) <- you had an actual IC (with pretty powerful abilities), masons (with extremely powerful abilities - and yes, they don't flip masons, but there were so many other ways they could have confirmed themselves as masons if not outright claiming it), sakura was basically an IC (who, lucky for us, got vig killed), not really sure how anyone could think bork was scum after the whole mokou thing (and i really dunno why fakegod included that), bitmap was never going to be lynched after claiming. that's 6 people who could have formed a town block at any point and mowed down the scum team if they played it well. not including stuff like a human-only-vig yuyuko, miller claim, double-voter who gets increasingly powerful with time etc etc stuff which was more likely town than scum to any sane person :/

*shrug*

if roles had been used in a slightly different way, if people had stepped back and thought about things differently, this game could have easily been a town win through sheer setup gaming. i know it can be dangerous to play the setup spec game sometimes, but this one seemed rather obvious and i was surprised so many people didn't see obvious things.

/rant
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3043 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:36 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

also fakegod

if you run this sort of setup again, try to give scum something they could reasonably claim as a town ability. like the mokou thing, or the human-only-vig thing, or something, so that the setup can't be broken through stuff like that. we didn't _really_ have anything like that

it really didn't end up mattering here, but it could in the next game

(if i were town here, i woulda been a lot more forceful about a mass claim, or at least a claim of core abilities, role names, etc)
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3044 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:48 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

I kept at least asking for a flavor claim, then GiF gave us all of our flavor names.
On a side note, i choose Suzuna because i wanted to try something different. and i actually like being voteless because i usually have a tendency to get random 180 flips on reads that get me lynched, without a vote it's harder to be noticed + the public joat thing, helped a lot getting townread this game, and i'm still surprised i was Vig'd.
Next game i'll probably choose yet something different, looking forward for an upick 3!
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3045 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:57 am

Post by Kagami »

You're underestimating the power of getting an investigation on a godfather, which was extremely likely in this setup. Usually that alone means scum wins, unless town has a reason to believe there is a godfather (which we didn't).
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3046 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:46 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

kagami wrote:You're underestimating the power of getting an investigation on a godfather
no, i'm not. everyone else was over-valuing that and discarding play because of it. i never treat an inno like it means anything unless there is a reason it should

i mean, what exactly did you expect scum was going to have to counter town's power in this game?
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #3047 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:50 am

Post by FakeGod »

Thanks for the feedback, guys.
In post 3039, Magua wrote:Also, I think it's a quantifiable town disadvantage to be in an incredibly uncommon setup (Mafia has two kills) that looks like a very common setup (eg Mafia + SK).
That is true. If I saw consistent double town kills, first thing I would imagine would be SK + Mafia, not Mafia + Mafia.

Perhaps if it was public knowledge from the beginning that there were only two factions in this game, it would have solve this problem?
In post 3043, zMuffinMan wrote:if you run this sort of setup again, try to give scum something they could reasonably claim as a town ability. like the mokou thing, or the human-only-vig thing, or something, so that the setup can't be broken through stuff like that. we didn't _really_ have anything like that
I tried somewhat with your "I can use Night Cards during the day" thing, and Varsoon's "I'm the STRONGEST".

But I do see your point. Those abilities are not *really* on the same level as the other ones you've named. I'll make a note.

@Sakura: You weren't *really* voteless. You had two spellcards to give you voting power. >.>
In post 3045, Kagami wrote:You're underestimating the power of getting an investigation on a godfather, which was extremely likely in this setup. Usually that alone means scum wins, unless town has a reason to believe there is a godfather (which we didn't).
Investigation on Varsoon would be very bad for town, but investigation on zMM would a) not happen if he claims commuter first post, or b) would fail, and force zMM to explain himself.

But I don't think I will ever use godfather that investigates as town again. It punishes good town PR choices. I think godfather on which investigations fail on isn't too imbalanced though.
Last edited by FakeGod on Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calling all touhou fans!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #3048 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:57 am

Post by FakeGod »

In post 3044, Sakura Hana wrote:I kept at least asking for a flavor claim, then GiF gave us all of our flavor names.
On a side note, i choose Suzuna because i wanted to try something different. and i actually like being voteless because i usually have a tendency to get random 180 flips on reads that get me lynched, without a vote it's harder to be noticed + the public joat thing, helped a lot getting townread this game, and i'm still surprised i was Vig'd.
Next game i'll probably choose yet something different, looking forward for an upick 3!
Side note, Sanae would have been a full doctor + pick-a-day unlynchable this game.

Calling all touhou fans!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #3049 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:03 am

Post by FakeGod »

In post 3045, Kagami wrote: Usually that alone means scum wins, unless town has a reason to believe there is a godfather (which we didn't).
I agree with you on paper, but among all the games I have played, in two games godfather got investigated as town, yet town won both games. (My first Large Normal and Bipolar Mafia)

I don't think there was a game I was in which godfather was investigated as town, and scum team won.

It's small-sample statistic, so I know it doesn't mean much, but I don't think godfather getting investigated as town doesn't necessarily mean it's an auto-win for the scum team.

Calling all touhou fans!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”