Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:58 pm

Post by Cho »

All of jbomber732's posts from up to 432 sound very town to my ears. While at first I wanted to read 427's unvote as scummy on principle, I came to realize that it would make much more sense for him as scum to simply keep the vote there and push the replacement on their predecessor's actions.

Then again, Guzame was a scum slot o this could have been an excuse to remove a vote from a partner. But I don't think that scenario is very likely, as jbomber was the only vote on that slot and it would still make more sense as scum to pretend that your reads were founded on something and stick to them.

Vote Count 4.04

Lemniscate (3) - Kublai Khan, Twisted Advice, zMuffinMan
Turkish Van (2) - Antihero, Lords of the Unreal
Kublai Khan (1) - Lemniscate
Cho (1) - Turkish Van
Twisted Advice (1) - Titus

Not Voting (2) - jbomber732, Cho

10 alive, 6 to lynch.

Deadline is June 17th, 11:00 a.m. PST.

Countdown:
(expired on 2014-06-17 11:00:00)
Last edited by The Knight-Errant on Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by Cho »

And jbomber732 is still alive, so I get to keep a townread on him. Grand.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by Cho »

I realize that some of this information may be old news to most of you, and
should be
old news to me, but I request that you please humor me and act as if I am only replacing in now.

Arden

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:03 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

lemniscate wrote:You're vote is on me, and the only thing you can say is, I'm "lurking."
t b h

the fact that you're "lurking" probably isn't a major factor in why anyone thinks you're scum
lemniscate wrote:If you want to work together and you want my help in pursuing other candidates and actually finding scum, great, I'll gladly help, but get your votes off of me and actually do some work yourself.
that's not how this game works

IF you have stuff you want to talk about regarding other players, then i'll humour you and pretend you're town and talk about those things, but i'm not going to drop a read on you because you want me to
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:04 pm

Post by Cho »

Pausing for a second- Antihero's pleas to me for activity and to get involved in this game (and all of his posts on page 65 in general) motivated (read: guilt-tripped) me to finally read up. Bluntly speaking, I would not take the time to do this if I didn't have a massive townread on him. Whatever that says about my game ethics, I don't care. I'm finally going to force myself to get into this.

Town: Cho, jbomber732, Antihero

I hope I can add to this. Reading again.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by Cho »

The lack of followup from Turkish Van at bothers me.

Their progression of posts starting and including that one read to me as this:

- asking questions to generate discussion
- receive a partial response from one individual, but not even following up

I was going to continue this post but realized I was making a continuity point about a hydra. Which, after checking the ISO and realizing different heads were posting and the head that asked the questions actually did follow up on the jbomber732-Guzame interaction question, doesn't apply.

Arden

Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by Twisted Advice »

In post 1624, Titus wrote:
In post 1616, Twisted Advice wrote:Dunno what Titus is on about.

I'm just waiting for Lemniscate to be lynched.

Iago
Your position on the wagon is an ideal bus vote. Many of the other day 1 posters are dead. No one wanted to engage when I suggested we talk about you. So I voted you. No engagement. So fuck yeah, my gut screams you are scum.
So just to summarize, we're scum because...

-we were pretty town early on
-we hammered scum
-no one thinks discussing us being scum is worth your time (if we were scum there would only be one player incentivized to avoid this anyway, so how is this anything?)
-we're not engaged at a time when literally no one is engaged including you

Am I getting that right?

Iago
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Titus »

Point 1, would require me to actually read the thread. I want interactions before I do.
Point 2, according to the mod's VCA you were in the middle of the wagon.
Point 3, scum don't like to talk about their buddies, so yeah this sends a flag, especially with a barebones vote which I rarely do.
Point 4, is saying no one reacted to my weaker vote. No one put a position on you. It had nothing to do with your activity level.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

antihero wrote:pick out your strongest ones (what you would call your "townbloc") and please give me a quick blurb about why they're town
eh. my reads are basically the same as they were when i got caught up in this game. nothing has really changed between now and then

i'm pretty sure nati is town. i don't really know how to explain this in a way that wouldn't make me come across as a raving lunatic. he's mah soul brother. he's one of the few people i have confidence i can read correctly basically all the time. also his posts at the start of today were fairly obvious town-nati

i think TA is almost certainly town. outside of the MS semi-clear, he was one of the earlier town reads i had in this game. in my notes, i had #45/#66 as townish posts, i had him as fairly solid town after p7 and then after that i stopped taking notes on which of his posts felt town. i've liked the way he's working to figure things out and i'm not sensing scum intent in the way his reads have been developing

those two are reads i'd almost be willing to bet the game on

next tier is probably jbomber then kk then cho

i talked about jbomber at some point earlier in the game i think, but basically his interactions with the guzame/mnem slot look highly unlikely to come from scum and a lot of his posts just look the the very definition of n00bhat town being clueless and naive. he'd prob be among the people i'd be willing to bet the game on except i don't really remember anything he's done lately

kk i have as town for three reasons. one i'm not going to talk about, one is the fact that he's semi-cleared via MS, and one is the fact that i think he's been fairly transparent in the way he's approached this game. there's no real... agenda, i guess? the way he's been questioning multiple people, the pushes he's been making and the way his suspicions have developed has felt natural. it helps that some of his thoughts align with mine

i'm not really sure why you have a massive boner for the notscience slot - i thought notscience's play looked pretty town. you've never really talked about why you disagree except to say "nuh uh, ur wrong"
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:34 pm

Post by Cho »

I'm sorry Anti. This just really sucks.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by Cho »

In post 438, Turkish Van wrote:I'm not just taking random guesses. I'm at least debating and calling people out about posts/lists/reads to get reactions to get myself one step closer to figuring out who's scum and who's town.

I have a similar playstyle, but I don't just observe because I engage before I come to conclusions.

But yet again... you are missing my point entirely.

My point is you are amazed at the lack of activity. Partly bitching about the lack of activity and being a hypocrite at the same time because you are helping to contribute to the lack of activity by not being active as much as you can be.
I dislike the first part of this post because it feels much too like a textbook "how to play mafia" statement.

I dislike the second part of this post because of the phrase "by not being active as much as you can be" specifically. It sounds like too much of a stretch to make as an accusation, and a lot like some sort of scum scramble to come up with a decent-sounding explanation, though at a closer look it's just an empty accusation and way too vague.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by Cho »

I can still vote someone for that, right?

Arden

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by Antihero »

yay activity

too bad i'm too drunk to do anything about i t right now
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by Cho »

Is it too late? No?

VOTE: Turkish Van

I think not.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by Cho »

That sounds like a good idea.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by Cho »

I'll be getting drunk too now. See you all later.

Arden

Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by Twisted Advice »

In post 1632, Titus wrote:Point 1, would require me to actually read the thread. I want interactions before I do.
Point 2, according to the mod's VCA you were in the middle of the wagon.
Point 3, scum don't like to talk about their buddies, so yeah this sends a flag, especially with a barebones vote which I rarely do.
Point 4, is saying no one reacted to my weaker vote. No one put a position on you. It had nothing to do with your activity level.
-high volume posters, obvtownies, whatever you want to call us
-which vca would that be? The one where we hammered, or the ones where we were parked on Bob all day?
mnemonicdevice (10) - GreyICE, Turkish Van, jbomber732, Antihero, Lords of the Unreal, beastcharizard, MonkeyMan576, MafiaSSK, Hopkirk, Twisted Advice
-There are only 2 scum that are on a team together.
-Okay, and at most one of those non reacting players is scum with us. So obviously, there were townies who didn't react to your vote. Gee, maybe it's because it was silly and didn't deserve a reaction!

Iago
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:57 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 600, Antihero wrote:
In post 598, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 587, mnemonicdevice wrote:@grey Uh.... i didn't have to ISO guzame to know he said nothing. The fact that both times he posted, people commented a lot on his lack of content.
In post 590, mnemonicdevice wrote:Can you cite a source please? Otherwise i will believe that you are trying to make it seem like i am scum by making up data.

These two are town posts.

I do not know who his predecessor is though but he sounds noob
wrong, sir

WRONG

Vote Count 1.24

mnemonicdevice (7) - GreyICE, Turkish Van, jbomber732, Antihero, Lords of the Unreal, beastcharizard, MonkeyMan576
Bicephalous Bob (5) - PeregrineV, Twisted Advice, MafiaSSK, mnemonicdevice, Katarina LeBlanc
jbomber732 (1) - burn_209
beastcharizard (1) - Hopkirk
GreyICE (1) - Kublai Khan
PeregrineV (1) - Bicephalous Bob
Kublai Khan (1) - Metal Sonic

Not Voting (1) - notscience

18 alive, 10 to lynch. Deadline is set for 3 weeks from now, on April 21st, 2014 at 6:00 p.m., PST.

Countdown:
(expired on 2014-04-21 18:00:00)

Turkish Van's penguin_alien head is V/LA through April 9th.
This VCA is the one I am using. Yeah scum can hammer their buddies. You know who else wants to force lynches... Serial Killers. I'm not a fan of your slot by gut and I'm drawing reactions. If you're town, have faith I'll townread you soon enough.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:59 pm

Post by Twisted Advice »

You do realize...we're voting for a townie in that vc....right?
Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:00 pm

Post by Twisted Advice »

Did you just call us an SK for lynching someone? I'll have you know we're clear of being the SK per having been roleblocked.
Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Twisted Advice »

How the fuck do you have a gut read on us if you haven't even read our posts?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Titus »

I do. You then realize that your buddy getting lynched is inevitable... hammer or you're the SK and are fine with hammering anything that isn't you. I see no reason to suddenly change your mind.

Quit pestering me. I will confbias you and I've barely touched the game.

I'm on page 1. Mala claimed evil queen. Pah! Please honey. I cleaned house with a boned game you didn't even post in.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:02 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1644, Twisted Advice wrote:Did you just call us an SK for lynching someone? I'll have you know we're clear of being the SK per having been roleblocked.
Then I'm pretty sure someone will confirm that. I'm drawing people out. Dead game needs energy. If I have to do random shit to do that, I will.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by Antihero »

YAY

tisus is town
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by Antihero »

*titus

shit...

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”