Sugoku Sugoi
Sugoku Sugoi
Goon
Sugoku Sugoi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:27 pm

Post by Sugoku Sugoi »

In post 1287, Feu et Vol wrote:pedit jfc like a billion posts. lynch out of juls/metalsaki/jason today if anyone wants to actually listen to me
you have a scumread on SS?
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by helium-3 »

there's precedence for millers w/o cops, people
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:32 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 1297, Sugoku Sugoi wrote:on the other hand, him calling Tammy "obvscum" did feel really off and now he's not really following up on it (although that could be bc he doesn't wanna push a lynch on someone who's def not going to be lynched)
You should reread that because I clearly called her null
In post 1298, helium-3 wrote:
In post 1296, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 1294, helium-3 wrote:VOTE: shos

I would like pie's input on skrew and to hear what tammy thinks.
NOTE TO SELF
you incessantly bitched and moaned about how everyone needs to get on a realistic wagon and how we needed to explain our suspicion of you.

we did both and now it's a "note to self"?

lol
Yup
To be clear: quack
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

"I STOPPED DOING THE BAD THING YOU TOLD ME TO STOP DOING CAN YOU LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE"
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:39 pm

Post by helium-3 »

yeah, except mollie never did leave it "unexplained" or leave you "unpushed" as she was trying to make you the forefront of her conversations with other people.

great shoehorning, though
Sugoku Sugoi
Sugoku Sugoi
Goon
Sugoku Sugoi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by Sugoku Sugoi »

fuck. I did read it wrong

that's what I get for skimming everything I miss

brb looking again
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 1304, helium-3 wrote:yeah, except mollie never did leave it "unexplained" or leave you "unpushed" as she was trying to make you the forefront of her conversations with other people.

:roll:
words words words
I should probably take a step back
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 1305, Sugoku Sugoi wrote:fuck. I did read it wrong

that's what I get for skimming everything I miss

brb looking again
Upon rereading I can see where the confusion would arise sorry about that
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:49 pm

Post by helium-3 »

In post 1297, Sugoku Sugoi wrote:
In post 1285, helium-3 wrote:i said it on the zombie board. would you like me to post it?

okay so why do you think it is legitimate? cos
skrew is saying that he thinks my reasons for townreading tammy are bs
and that tammy was claiming vicimization. do you agree with these statements? if so can you walk me through a bit tia?
link me to where he said the bolded plz?
I must have either missed it or I don't remember it, sry

I disagree with him calling Tammy's post victimization, but I can potentially see town thinking that especially if he doesn't have much experience with Tammy or if he just wasn't reading too much into it. I can also potentially see town not caring about stepping into other ppl's conversations, since that's a playstyle issue. the first part of his interactions makes a lot more sense if you assume he didn't know the context when he was reading it. on the other hand, him calling Tammy "obvscum" did feel really off and now he's not really following up on it (although that could be bc he doesn't wanna push a lynch on someone who's def not going to be lynched)

overall I'm taking the whole thing as null until I figure it out. I still can't make any sense out of it
here it is:
In post 967, SleepyKrew wrote:I kind of think that Tammy agreeing not to argue being indicative of her being town is bullshit? Like, that's a personal issue between you two that isn't game-related.
it isn't a personal issue between us.

I said that it was the rapidity of her response and the genuineness of it that makes me think she is town and I am pretty sure that she town here. skrew in rvs asked if tammy was his sister or his aunt and I alluded to the game in response to him so I am wondering why he would suddenly develope amnesia and somehow forget all of that and then get weird on both of us but yet it isn't worth pursuing today and yet he still does from the sidelines in the form of discrediting.

but I left out some words in my big long post and I am wondering if that is what he jumping all over and I need help parsing this out.
Feu et Vol
Feu et Vol
Goon
Feu et Vol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:59 pm

Post by Feu et Vol »

In post 1306, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 1304, helium-3 wrote:yeah, except mollie never did leave it "unexplained" or leave you "unpushed" as she was trying to make you the forefront of her conversations with other people.

words words words

Please do. You are posting too much and saying too little. So maybe hold your thoughts for like 5 posts and make 1 moderate length post instead of 5 super short useless posts.

-Beast

Quand il crache son souffle brûlant, la flamme au bout de sa queue s'embrase.
Une hydre de «beastcharizard» et «Marquis».

Sugoku Sugoi
Sugoku Sugoi
Goon
Sugoku Sugoi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by Sugoku Sugoi »

ok I'm rereading this and I'm not convinced SKrew accusing Tammy of "victimization" is scum trying to instigate stuff. the way I read it, him asking about "victimization" was his way of asking why she responded in the way she did - and especially given he wasn't aware of the context re: Tammy v. F-16 and said he hasn't played any games with Tammy, I could potentially see that line of argument from a town POV although I do see the possibility she's thinking of

I read that post and I get the feeling him saying "Tammy agreeing not to argue" is a blanket phrase for the whole interaction between you two. again it makes sense if he isn't familiar with the context and how it comes across in games

tl;dr: it makes a lot of sense from someone who isn't familiar with Tammy and wants to get a read on her, although I do think you all have a valid point and after thinking about all this I'm left with a metric fuckton of null and I don't know how to parse it either

although now I'm wondering about the "is Tammy my aunt" comment you mentioned bc that doesn't make much sense if he isn't familiar with Tammy, but I'm prob just missing or misremembering smth
Sugoku Sugoi
Sugoku Sugoi
Goon
Sugoku Sugoi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:12 pm

Post by Sugoku Sugoi »

In post 1005, Oversoul wrote:I think Jason's vote is more town since he is engaging other avenues.

Tempted to start a counterwagon to Not_Mafia via SaintKerrigan but ugh no one would follow me.
In post 1008, Oversoul wrote:VOTE: Saint Kerrigan

Not_Mafia wagon is still good, Kerrigan is still good. Push both for profit!
Why are you tempted to start a counterwagon if the one on Not_Mafia is good?
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:36 pm

Post by helium-3 »

In post 1310, Sugoku Sugoi wrote:ok I'm rereading this and I'm not convinced SKrew accusing Tammy of "victimization" is scum trying to instigate stuff. the way I read it, him asking about "victimization" was his way of asking why she responded in the way she did - and especially given he wasn't aware of the context re: Tammy v. F-16 and said he hasn't played any games with Tammy, I could potentially see that line of argument from a town POV although I do see the possibility she's thinking of

I read that post and I get the feeling him saying "Tammy agreeing not to argue" is a blanket phrase for the whole interaction between you two. again it makes sense if he isn't familiar with the context and how it comes across in games

tl;dr: it makes a lot of sense from someone who isn't familiar with Tammy and wants to get a read on her, although I do think you all have a valid point and after thinking about all this I'm left with a metric fuckton of null and I don't know how to parse it either

although now I'm wondering about the "is Tammy my aunt" comment you mentioned bc that doesn't make much sense if he isn't familiar with Tammy, but I'm prob just missing or misremembering smth
none of this addresses the post you asked me to produce. the tammy is my aunt was a sideline.

can we lynch shos
Sugoku Sugoi
Sugoku Sugoi
Goon
Sugoku Sugoi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by Sugoku Sugoi »

In post 1104, Imperium wrote:I don't really like either of them. I'm waiting on Kerrigan's analysis post to see what that brings though. I really don't like Slandaar though. He lacks a certain cocky "I'm town" tone that I've seen from him, and him not really trying to figure out the game in any capacity is especially worrisome.

but I'm crashing myself, so hopefully both of them will do something by the time I wake up.
I agree. I played one game with Slandaar-town (N is for Normal) and he came off vastly different. Most of D1 was him tunneling Thor (who would up being scum). But I don't know if the difference is alignment indicative or just him having less time to play the game. I'm going to go through a couple of his scumgames to see if there is a difference.
Sugoku Sugoi
Sugoku Sugoi
Goon
Sugoku Sugoi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Sugoku Sugoi »

huh

I don't think I understand your point then?

F-16 agrees with me on shos scum. I'd be fine with that although I still wanna lynch not_mafia
Sugoku Sugoi
Sugoku Sugoi
Goon
Sugoku Sugoi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by Sugoku Sugoi »

In post 1181, Hoopla wrote:
In post 1174, helium-3 wrote:you plan on sheeping people who are screaming about being short on time?

those are the scumbags.

also, you explain. explain.... anything.
Well, I am currently 15 pages adrift and have at multiple times including now, feel like I have overextended myself and can't keep up with some of the players in the game. For me, I sympathise with Juls' ire with the hydras, although my complaint is more along the lines of having 26 players crammed into 19 slots, which is just adding volume to the game, and not the good kind of volume, because like Juls' talks about, it is schizophrenic and hard to approach. I'm not saying it's anyone's fault for all this, though. I knew there were hydras playing in the game and I knew it'd be a challenging game for me, as I am used to smaller games where it's possible to get a read on everyone and work the game out via PoE - that is my modus operandi. I lack confidence in developing behavioural reads (especially on players I barely know) to the point where I feel dishonest when I express reads based on a gut reaction to their behaviour because I know how easy it is to be wrong about someone when you view them in isolation. I am used to seeing gamestates as a whole, and solving it that way - it's the only way I've really ever been a successful player as town, and obviously, I cannot do it in a game this large.

I am trying to start though, and have several solid town reads. Someone was lamenting my reads were mostly based on the claims, and I'm aware of that - those are one aspect of the game where I am good at reading the situation and setup and seeing if it makes sense. The reason I am so willing to sheep someone I trust is because I actually feel like this will forward the game. For an advertised "quick" game, it actually hasn't been very quick. Few people have made efforts to progress the game forward - few people are compromising and trying to build new wagons, and we haven't even got anyone close to being lynched. The majority of people aren't trying to further the game - they are using the theme as a license to spam without remorse. It is fine for people who keep up with it, because they are improving their reads by participating in the process, but there are always going to be people left behind and this will essentially be the lynch pool. In a game this size, I am extremely skeptical about town's ability to make meaningful choices early in the game, to the point where utility lynching is probably optimal to make future days more efficient.

I don't really know what the point of this post is, because I know you'll construe it as whining since it doesn't comply with your mantra about how you play the game, but I feel like at least talking and trying to interact with people more will help bring me back into the game, or at least help you guys read me more. This is where I'm at mentally. Perfectly willing to sheep and compromise with anyone trustworthy, because it looks like the game is going around in circles... giant, giant circles. We need more sheep, because not everyone can be a leader.
This feels really genuine and town.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:12 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1301, helium-3 wrote:there's precedence for millers w/o cops, people
Yeah, Zach apparently endorses this.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:16 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Here is Zach supporting millers despite no cops.

I may have misspoke when I said Zach hates cops. He has used one in one of his games and this was more outdated than I thought (and addressing sanities). Link.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:43 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 1309, Feu et Vol wrote:
In post 1306, SleepyKrew wrote:

words words words

Please do. You are posting too much and saying too little. So maybe hold your thoughts for like 5 posts and make 1 moderate length post instead of 5 super short useless posts.

-Beast
I meant just hold back in regards to engaging helium, but you're probably right.

In post 1310, Sugoku Sugoi wrote:the way I read it, him asking about "victimization" was his way of asking why she responded in the way she did
THANK YOU
re: Tammy is my aunt
Irrelevant non-game stuff.
re: mollie's townread on Tammy
I thought mollie was saying that Tammy agreeing not to argue with mollie was the reason for the townread. When mollie explained that it was more how Tammy responded rather than what the response was, I dropped it, because I have no in-game experience with Tammy.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:05 pm

Post by shos »

Different strategy yayyy
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1317, Oversoul wrote:Here is Zach supporting millers despite no cops.

I may have misspoke when I said Zach hates cops. He has used one in one of his games and this was more outdated than I thought (and addressing sanities). Link.
good stuff.

that is reinforcing my liking of the miller claim.
Speedy Saki
Speedy Saki
Goon
Speedy Saki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:59 pm

Post by Speedy Saki »

Spoiler: catchup stuff
In post 228, Oversoul wrote:Why are two different hydras signing their individual accounts the same way basically?
copying marquis

got bored of "~ Saki"
In post 278, Juls wrote:Imperium, oversoul, and sad are all talking different games and my eyes are glazed over.
my sentiments exactly at that point
In post 285, Feu et Vol wrote:As to not be confused with the SlowSaki hydra.
:shakesfist:
In post 300, Sugoku Sugoi wrote:
In post 298, Feu et Vol wrote:pedit pie what are you talking about
?
&the posts before it
did pie seriously not know/pretend to not know how a neighborizer worked here
In post 344, Juls wrote:See this is what I am talking about. This is everything that is wrong with hydras. When they talk to each other IN THE GAME it's extremely annoying. A hydra should present itself as a unified person, not two people with disjointed thoughts.
oh boy you're going to like us
---
what
what
just what
is happening what the fuck
---

signing off at page 17 and going to bed
[saki]
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:25 pm

Post by Imperium »

I've been absorbed by a book all day, which I'm going to go back to until I sleep. Get back to this tomorrow.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:31 pm

Post by Desperado »

which book?
;)
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:35 pm

Post by shos »

In post 1322, Imperium wrote:I've been absorbed by a book all day, which I'm going to go back to until I sleep. Get back to this tomorrow.
Quality guys :)
Desperado wrote:which book?
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”