Mini 1581--The Final Radiant Tales...(Fin)

Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:28 am

Post by Bert »

In post 160, Mirhawk wrote:What words have I put into your mouth? I'm pretty sure that I made a serious inquiry as to why you think scum bert would be incompetent enough as to not try and act like town bert.
your mercurial opinion that I can perfect my "competent" scumgame to where tone is irrelevant seems peculiar

On a sidenote, I will also say that ETL-ffery disputes/misinterpretations leave a sour taste in my mouth, but I don't see either coming from a scum-mindset at all...

ZZZX, your post and cover-up, it was how you didn't brush it off (making a wrong post), but instead visibly freaked out with "OMG <insert immediate reaction as if you have something to hide"
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:54 am

Post by Rubicon »

ETL your read wall looks made up to me. Overly confident Bert and ZZZX town-reads. Waffles on Bulbazak, gameplay, MafiaSSK, me. Oversoul read looks fake as hell. Varsoon read looks fake. Also, calling me lynch-bait which I don't understand from our (almost nonexistent) meta experience together. Poking at the jester comment as "weird" but not expressing any opinion on it or asking me why I said it, etc.

In short, it looks like you cared more about making a long read wall post with a paragraph talking about each player than you cared about actually scumhunting based on those reads.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:56 am

Post by Rubicon »

I'm also confused by your vote, but maybe this is hydra dissonance.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:57 am

Post by Rubicon »

In post 171, Lying Scum wrote:Yes, it most certainly is. How many bastard games are happening on site right now?

VOTE: ZZZX

choo choo motherfucker
(At least two.)
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:59 am

Post by Rubicon »

Mirhawk, thoughts on ETL's reads?
Lying Scum
Lying Scum
Goon
Lying Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:12 am

Post by Lying Scum »

In post 201, Rubicon wrote:ETL your read wall looks made up to me.
lol... ok... it's not.
Overly confident Bert and ZZZX town-reads.
Not confident at all. Are they my strongest reads thus far? Yeah. Why would that be "overly" confident in the least?
Waffles on Bulbazak, gameplay, MafiaSSK, me.
Didn't you just say... so either I'm confident or I'm not. Which is it?
Oversoul read looks fake as hell.
Saying so doesn't make it so. You need to explain why it "looks fake as hell" to you.
Varsoon read looks fake.
Same here. I put in the effort to explain my reasoning. You are just flinging poo.
Also, calling me lynch-bait which I don't understand from our (almost nonexistent) meta experience together.
We have meta you are not aware of. It allows me to see who is pushing you because they think you are easy or because they think you are scum. I shared it because not everyone may see it the same way.
Poking at the jester comment as "weird" but not expressing any opinion on it or asking me why I said it, etc.
"etc." ok.. lol.. I did. You are welcome to give me the answer. But you didn't. And saying something is weird IS an opinion. Weird certainly does not = townie.
In short, it looks like you cared more about making a long read wall post with a paragraph talking about each player than you cared about actually scumhunting based on those reads.
Erm... the two are not independent. I could have broken them up for you, if you liked. But it's how I do things. I read the thread, read ISOs, make notes on each player to form a base, review combined ISOs, compare with vote counts, and then rinse/repeat.

It seems to me like you are really trying to poke holes in my reads only because I'm not sure about you yet. The defensiveness at this point, especially with a null read, is a little overblown if you ask me.

You didn't even bother to ask me for any additional details, or press me for more reasoning. If you thought it was fake, this would seem the logical action to follow, but instead you just tried to discredit the entire thing. Why?

And then.. weird appeal to Mirhawk.. that is really.. very strange.

ETL
Hydra of Belisarius, ETL, and a massive amount of bullshit.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:22 am

Post by Rubicon »

I'm asking Mirhawk because that's where my vote has been and your read wall seems like a good jumping off point for further discussion with my main scum read.

The strong reads bug me because they don't fit the amount of content those players have posted. It stretches my suspension of disbelief to think you have those reads, and consequently makes me think you miscalibrated what would be a plausible amount of fake confidence.

The waffly reads bug me because you spend so much time writing about how waffly you are, without working to make yourself less waffly by scumhunting those players. This makes it look like you care more about writing about your reads than improving them.

The fake-sounding reads just pattern match as the kind of reads scum like to make up to look like they have a position.
In post 205, Lying Scum wrote:
Also, calling me lynch-bait which I don't understand from our (almost nonexistent) meta experience together.
We have meta you are not aware of. It allows me to see who is pushing you because they think you are easy or because they think you are scum. I shared it because not everyone may see it the same way.
Could you talk more about this?

This doesn't make me feel better about you making stuff up considering no one has pushed or even mentioned me at all so far.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:35 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 206, Rubicon wrote:I'm asking Mirhawk because that's where my vote has been and your read wall seems like a good jumping off point for further discussion with my main scum read.

The strong reads bug me because they don't fit the amount of content those players have posted. It stretches my suspension of disbelief to think you have those reads, and consequently makes me think you miscalibrated what would be a plausible amount of fake confidence.
Fair enough. That doesn't mean they are made up. They are the reads I have. The one on Bert is very much based on previous games with him, and more specifically, the fact that I saw from an informed POV his scum game in Dark Age of the Law, and it doesn't look the same to me here. Same for ZZZX, though different games, but he's being very much his townself. The other one, Oversoul, because his posts are very transparent, and make it easy for me to read him. Of course I could be wrong, but I have to put some faith in my own reads or I'll waffle all over the place and my reads will never evolve properly.
The waffly reads bug me because you spend so much time writing about how waffly you are, without working to make yourself less waffly by scumhunting those players.
This is something you have no way of knowing at all. I caught up on the thread and posted my initial thoughts. The next step involves engaging those null players to refine my read on them.
This makes it look like you care more about writing about your reads than improving them.
At this point? Well.. yes. It's important that I get my thoughts out there and then work on building them into stronger reads. That involves talking through those reads with my stronger town reads. Can't do that if they aren't at least posted. But none of it was fabricated. Like, I didn't just say shit to say shit. Everything I wrote was something I actually thought.
The fake-sounding reads just pattern match as the kind of reads scum like to make up to look like they have a position.
No. I don't think you know the difference. I don't know why they sound fake to you, but they aren't. And furthermore, what you're talking about is a non-committal reads list, which I didn't do at all.
What exactly is there to talk about? I have alts. End of story. However, I think you are just insulted that I called you lynch bait, which actually makes me feel better about you. I think scum would be more likely to take the lynch bait title and roll with it, than to fight it.
This doesn't make me feel better about you making stuff up considering no one has pushed or even mentioned me at all so far.
Again, I have not made anything up. You need to stop saying that like it's a fact. You think it sounds fake, ok, then that's what you think. That doesn't mean it actually is. And I don't think you get what I meant at all.

If I think X is an easy mark, I'm going to be looking for the people who are opportunistically going for an easy lynch. It helps me sort other people, and sharing my insight might help others sort other people as well. Does that mean that X is already being pushed? No.... I never said it did and the statement isn't dependent on that in any way.

ETL
Art is cool.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:44 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 180, Lying Scum wrote:
Summary of ETL's current reads:

Town {Bert, Oversoul, ZZZX}
Maybe Town {Bulbazak}
Null {gameplay506, MafiaSSK, snscompt1}
Maybe Scum {KingdomAces, Rubicon, Varsoon}
Scum {Mirhawk, morph the cat}

Honestly, when I was finished, I felt like I was way off track and had far too many scum reads to know where to begin, but I'm rather impressed with myself. This is a great place to start for me. This is gonna be a good game. :mrgreen:

Still need to get with Beli about it, but I feel good about these.

ETL

p-edit: :neutral: That doesn't mean you shouldn't try to read him, and it doesn't really tell me what you think of his slot.
i think I have to agree with the suspicious quality of the readslist here. It is as if you're just putting a bunch of names down without having to add that much more of effort. If you're going to do a readslist, make it full explain it fully for even the null ones. Don't just selectively highlight.

But I think ETL is looking town via the quote wall back and forth.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Lying Scum
Lying Scum
Goon
Lying Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:45 am

Post by Lying Scum »

In post 207, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 206, Rubicon wrote:I'm asking Mirhawk because that's where my vote has been and your read wall seems like a good jumping off point for further discussion with my main scum read.

Fair enough. That doesn't mean they are made up. They are the reads I have. The one on Bert is very much based on previous games with him, and more specifically, the fact that I saw from an informed POV his scum game in Dark Age of the Law, and it doesn't look the same to me here. Same for ZZZX, though different games, but he's being very much his townself. The other one, Oversoul, because his posts are very transparent, and make it easy for me to read him. Of course I could be wrong, but I have to put some faith in my own reads or I'll waffle all over the place and my reads will never evolve properly.
The waffly reads bug me because you spend so much time writing about how waffly you are, without working to make yourself less waffly by scumhunting those players.
This is something you have no way of knowing at all. I caught up on the thread and posted my initial thoughts. The next step involves engaging those null players to refine my read on them.
This makes it look like you care more about writing about your reads than improving them.
At this point? Well.. yes. It's important that I get my thoughts out there and then work on building them into stronger reads. That involves talking through those reads with my stronger town reads. Can't do that if they aren't at least posted. But none of it was fabricated. Like, I didn't just say shit to say shit. Everything I wrote was something I actually thought.
No. I don't think you know the difference. I don't know why they sound fake to you, but they aren't. And furthermore, what you're talking about is a non-committal reads list, which I didn't do at all.
What exactly is there to talk about? I have alts. End of story. However, I think you are just insulted that I called you lynch bait, which actually makes me feel better about you. I think scum would be more likely to take the lynch bait title and roll with it, than to fight it.
Again, I have not made anything up. You need to stop saying that like it's a fact. You think it sounds fake, ok, then that's what you think. That doesn't mean it actually is. And I don't think you get what I meant at all.

If I think X is an easy mark, I'm going to be looking for the people who are opportunistically going for an easy lynch. It helps me sort other people, and sharing my insight might help others sort other people as well. Does that mean that X is already being pushed? No.... I never said it did and the statement isn't dependent on that in any way.

ETL
er... I'm bad at this hydra thing. I'm sorry. This was us.

Also...
In post 167, ZZZX wrote:
In post 162, morph the cat wrote:
In post 137, ZZZX wrote:Today was the first exam of the finals

I got burned

In other news I am feeling better about aces but I'll keep my vote for a little while.
If you feel better about him, why would you leave your vote there?

In this game keeping some voting is useful because I allows us to give pressure while still able to stay safe.

I have played countless games with fools/jesters in here or other sites such as epic mafia so I am pretty certain of my ability in recognizing who is NOT a jester most of the time ( catching jester is difficult )
In post 168, ZZZX wrote:SHIT WRONG GAME
Not sure why this didn't click before. Beli just pointed it out. I feel stupid. But not about the morph read. Not in the slightest anymore.

Wow.

ETL

p-edit: MafiaSSK, can you like... go actually read where I explained each one of those rather than taking the final conclusion and saying I never said anything before it?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:46 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 198, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:It looks to me like he is giving his experience with bastard games but I don't know. A lot of what he says is somewhat non-sequiter but it hasn't been alignment indicative in the past. I didn't think much of it. Why are you so interested in it over the other stuff in the thread?

ETL
You asked me why I didn't care about your other reads initially. Now, when I want to know more about the basis for your read of zzzx and whether you've taken into account info that caught my eye, you want to know why I care about this read.

I'm interested in this read in particular because you have a strong townread on someone I am scumreading. I want to understand why we differ and if your reasons for townread should make me reconsider.

It might also help me figure out if I want to give any of your reads at this point much weight, and it's further grist for coming to conclusions about your alignment.

I think this question kind of points up, though, that you and I approach the game quite differently.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:47 am

Post by morph the cat »

This is a cabdpost. Hi. ETL why are you trying the "omg cabd so scary scum" angle? It...

A: never works
B: Hasn't been true for the past few months
and
C: DId I mention it never works?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:48 am

Post by morph the cat »

Also.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: SNS

Roar of Time, you fucking zubat. Die.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:49 am

Post by morph the cat »

Also willing to vote anyone who thinks ZZZZwhatever is scum for posting in the wrong thread. You can think he's scum, but that's NOT a reason for it.
Lying Scum
Lying Scum
Goon
Lying Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:49 am

Post by Lying Scum »

In post 211, morph the cat wrote:This is a cabdpost. Hi. ETL why are you trying the "omg cabd so scary scum" angle? It...

A: never works
B: Hasn't been true for the past few months
and
C: DId I mention it never works?
I don't understand what you are saying Cabd. I gave my experience on most of the playerlist where I had it to give. What do you think I'm supposedly doing with this statement?

Also... I thought yall were scumreading ZZZX???

ETL

p-edit: K. Posting in the wrong thread about the same thread. Ok.
Lying Scum
Lying Scum
Goon
Lying Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:52 am

Post by Lying Scum »

In post 210, morph the cat wrote:
In post 198, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:It looks to me like he is giving his experience with bastard games but I don't know. A lot of what he says is somewhat non-sequiter but it hasn't been alignment indicative in the past. I didn't think much of it. Why are you so interested in it over the other stuff in the thread?

ETL
You asked me why I didn't care about your other reads initially. Now, when I want to know more about the basis for your read of zzzx and whether you've taken into account info that caught my eye, you want to know why I care about this read.

I'm interested in this read in particular because you have a strong townread on someone I am scumreading. I want to understand why we differ and if your reasons for townread should make me reconsider.

It might also help me figure out if I want to give any of your reads at this point much weight, and it's further grist for coming to conclusions about your alignment.

I think this question kind of points up, though, that you and I approach the game quite differently.
I was townreading him because I'm fucking dumb, and didn't understand what all the fuss was about, which is exactly what I said to Beli when he asked me the same thing.

Now tell me why cabd is giving me shit for thinking he's a good player.

ETL
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:53 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 215, Lying Scum wrote:Now tell me why cabd is giving me shit for thinking he's a good player.
You're using "cabd is a good player" as an excuse to scumread us as opposed to null read us via burden of proficiency. No need to ask her.
Lying Scum
Lying Scum
Goon
Lying Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:54 am

Post by Lying Scum »

In post 216, morph the cat wrote:
In post 215, Lying Scum wrote:Now tell me why cabd is giving me shit for thinking he's a good player.
You're using "cabd is a good player" as an excuse to scumread us as opposed to null read us via burden of proficiency. No need to ask her.
Cabd! Show me where I said that please. I never said that ever.

ETL
Lying Scum
Lying Scum
Goon
Lying Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:56 am

Post by Lying Scum »

This is very much not.. at all what I'd expect. Like, first of all, you're defending yourself against arguments I haven't made, which doesn't make sense AT ALL, and then trying to steer towards scumreading me for it, despite it being 100% false.

ETL
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:56 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 175, Lying Scum wrote:8.
morph the cat (Cabd+fferyllt)
:
My experience with Cabd is that he's very scary for scum. I replaced into a game as scum and he pegged me pretty much right away.
I think this slot is probably going to be my highest priority for sorting. I don't really know how to read either of them, but I'm hoping Beli can help me with that. That being said.... I'm not happy with them so far :( Lots of empty questions, no follow up, while . Very strange. I'm also not really sure about their push on snscompt1. From the ISO, I don't get the reasoning. They say he's a "person of interest" because of but don't explain why even when questioned at least three times about it, and when they finally get around to going into more detail it's because "it looked like buddying" but they never give exact details. What about the post seemed buddying? What was the major difference that made it stand out? There's no transparent thought process. I don't like it.
Side note, after reading snscompt1 ISO - wtf.. 41 was his third post, and the previous 2 were 1 or 2 words. This is so fabricated. This whole thing. LYNCH WITH FIRE.
Scum
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:57 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 218, Lying Scum wrote:This is very much not.. at all what I'd expect.
If I had a dollar for every time this was said about morph I'd probably have purchased mafiascum it's own building by now.
Lying Scum
Lying Scum
Goon
Lying Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:00 pm

Post by Lying Scum »

In post 219, morph the cat wrote:
:
My experience with Cabd is that he's very scary for scum. I replaced into a game as scum and he pegged me pretty much right away.
I think this slot is probably going to be my highest priority for sorting. I don't really know how to read either of them, but I'm hoping Beli can help me with that. That being said.... I'm not happy with them so far :( Lots of empty questions, no follow up, while . Very strange. I'm also not really sure about their push on snscompt1. From the ISO, I don't get the reasoning. They say he's a "person of interest" because of but don't explain why even when questioned at least three times about it, and when they finally get around to going into more detail it's because "it looked like buddying" but they never give exact details. What about the post seemed buddying? What was the major difference that made it stand out? There's no transparent thought process. I don't like it.
Side note, after reading snscompt1 ISO - wtf.. 41 was his third post, and the previous 2 were 1 or 2 words. This is so fabricated. This whole thing. LYNCH WITH FIRE.
Scum
Yes ok. Now show me where I said that was the reason I'm scum reading you guys? Because I never linked the two because they are not related. I even explained that the first statement in each read is my experience with the player.

Look at Bulbazak's read. The first part is directed at him, which I wrote prior to doing the ISO. Then is shifts to 3rd person, as I write about my thoughts on his ISO. The others are the same. So why are you trying to make a connection that isn't there, and I'm telling you isn't there, and I'm telling you exactly why I'm scumreading the slot, yet you are still trying to pretend like this has anything to do with it.

ETL
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 208, MafiaSSK wrote:i think I have to agree with the suspicious quality of the readslist here. It is as if you're just putting a bunch of names down without having to add that much more of effort. If you're going to do a readslist, make it full explain it fully for even the null ones. Don't just selectively highlight.
You mean like... 172 and 175?
Lying Scum
Lying Scum
Goon
Lying Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by Lying Scum »

So, I feel like you're doing this on purpose to frustrate me, so I'm going to stop. I explained my scumread, which doesn't include ANYWHERE anything about BoP or your skill as a player. In fact, I explained it directly to Ffery that I wrote that more in the hopes that I could bounce ideas off you. But I do not think you're town, and I think you're fucking with me on purpose, and I'm not playing that game because either you are being extremely dense and just totally missing the point, or you're scum pretending to, and I'm not playing that game with you.

ETL
Lying Scum
Lying Scum
Goon
Lying Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:06 pm

Post by Lying Scum »

In post 219, morph the cat wrote:
:
I think this slot is probably going to be my highest priority for sorting. I don't really know how to read either of them, but I'm hoping Beli can help me with that.[/u] That being said.... I'm not happy with them so far :( Lots of empty questions, no follow up, while . Very strange. I'm also not really sure about their push on snscompt1. From the ISO, I don't get the reasoning. They say he's a "person of interest" because of but don't explain why even when questioned at least three times about it, and when they finally get around to going into more detail it's because "it looked like buddying" but they never give exact details. What about the post seemed buddying? What was the major difference that made it stand out? There's no transparent thought process. I don't like it.
Scum
And if it wasn't fucking clear enough, the underlined came before I read the fucking ISo.

Go look at Varsoon's too. Like do you think you're fucking special or somethign that I didn't include my experience with yall just because you;'re you?

get out.

ETL

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”