Mini 1581--The Final Radiant Tales...(Fin)

Lying Scum
Lying Scum
Goon
Lying Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:20 pm

Post by Lying Scum »

In post 274, MafiaSSK wrote:Also, hi ETL. I'm here. Having an existential crisis of playstyle. Don't know how to post. Be back later, promise.
:( I feel responsible. :oops: I still <3 you!

How about we have a conversation? I will be back in the thread tomorrow around 5 pm EST. Come be here then and talk to me.

ETL
Hydra of Belisarius, ETL, and a massive amount of bullshit.
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:39 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

Lying's seems really town. And all of that slot's posts after that for that matter. I actually think Rubicon's 206 seemed town as well, though that's less strong.

The ZZZX jester business seems like a massive waste of time, because it doesn't relate to this game.
In post 192, Lying Scum wrote:townFfery asks empty questions without following up and doesn't push anyone for anything or make any solid content posts?
From what I remember, this is townffery's standard game opening procedure, even if she doesn't see it that way.

Mirhawk, I'm just going to restate my initial question. Why did you ask ZZZX why he switched to the same wagon you were on? At the time you asked him, the several responses to your question had already been posted and yet you neither moved nor gave more reasoning. That's what I meant by saying that you had less reason to be on the wagon than ZZZX did when asking that.

That's really all I can think of to say that's game related right now. And, sorry I've been absent for so long, its just that if I actually had posted anything it probably would have been more dissing myself, because that's really all I wanted to do. (Also speaking of Nati's ruleset, my dead what?)
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:15 am

Post by Guyett »

/ego post.

I'll be playing as Interdimensional Arsehole
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:43 am

Post by morph the cat »

@Oversoul

I haven't talked about this meta-review with Cabd, which I really should since he reads all the games and I don't. But, we may not get a chance to discuss KA's meta before I fly out tonight, and I have no idea what my time will be like during the first week or so that I'm back in Florida. My dad starts chemo on Friday and we'll see what he and my mom need in the way of support following that.

Anyway.

In reviewing his Fire Emblem: Awakening ISO, I was reminded again how much he impressed me in that game. It was fast-moving and he came into the game as one of the children on Day 2, so he had a lot of data to work with, as well as a lot of spamposting, and he did what I thought was a good job of sifting through it and developing good reads. Most of the deaths in that game were janitored, which made the associative stuff much more difficult to trace. Going back through that, I don't see much concern from him during the game about being a likely default mislynch, though he was pretty hard on himself in the postgame.

The next game I played with him was MarketPlace Mafia III. The negativity about his play doesn't really come out here, either, until postgame where he apologizes, "Sorry that I replaced in even though I really didn't have time for it, and turned what was an obvtown slot into an easy mislynch." Looking at his contribution in retrospect, he was much quieter in this game than in the FEA game (which was still going on), and I remember not being as impressed with his level of analysis at the time, and being concerned that the difference was alignment indicative. But, his reads weren't all that bad, and certainly better than the reads some town players had during that game.

In the AA Mini 1522 game, he posted a lot less than I'd seen from him in the past. His 8th post in the game was quite the self-indictment for his skills as a player in general. "Despite my join date, I'm actually probably one of the worst mafia players in this game." I think this was when I finally realized that he has a pretty poor opinion of his own play.

The next link I'd like to include here doesn't exist any more. He posted in the sign up thread for the Dark Age of the Law game. As I recall he was apologetic for not joining the game, dissed his own play pretty thoroughly, and was slowly talked into joining the game. Once he was in the game, he gave it his best shot, and I feel bad about helping him be deadline-mislynched after an insane day 1 part 1 (double day format). It was his post 191 where he brought up his opinion of his play within the game.

So, I'm seeing a trajectory here. I think FEA was his first game after a hiatus. He's gotten mislynched with distressing frequency and he's become more and negative about his play. This marks a departure in that it's first time I've seen him talk about being mislynch bait right from the start, but the posts have been heavily foreshadowed in other games. I can see an argument that his playing it up more here than in past games could be alignment indicative. But, I'll want to see other differences in his play before I buy such an argument.

This was a pretty
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:45 am

Post by morph the cat »

Screwed up the link to his FEA iso: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

Final sentence fragment is detritus.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:47 am

Post by morph the cat »

And with that, Ffery-head will be on V/LA starting this evening. Precise return to frequent, active posting is unknown at this time.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:22 am

Post by Natirasha »

In post 277, Guyett wrote:/ego post.

I'll be playing as Interdimensional Arsehole
This is correct.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Interdimensional Arsehole
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:30 am

Post by Interdimensional Arsehole »

Hi thar all
This hydra is Guyett and Shos.
We shall probably start reading briefly, expect content within 28.5 hours :)
You know what your problem is don't you!!!!
You've completely underestimated what I'm capable of!!!
Lying Scum
Lying Scum
Goon
Lying Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:35 am

Post by Lying Scum »

In post 282, Interdimensional Arsehole wrote:Hi thar all
This hydra is Guyett and Shos.
We shall probably start reading briefly, expect content within 28.5 hours :)
I am so excited for you guys being in this game! Do note, however, that neglecting to sign your posts will be considered a scum claim. You know I can read you, Guyett, and making it harder for me to do so will tell me that you don't want me to. :P

ETL
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:40 am

We won't be signing as we are arseholes. It'll be pretty obvious which of us is guyett/shos most of the time anyway.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:42 am

Post by shos »

egopost too :oops:
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:45 am

Post by morph the cat »

I'm looking forward to playing with you guys again. Sorry I'll miss your catch-up until later.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:54 am

Post by Bert »

As for voting trends and reasons, KA has yet to hang onto a scumread yet. Most towntells KA has spotted are easy straws to grasp at. It is troubling that KA has yet to give adequate (scum)reads. Also, notice that most of KA's conversation starters have lead to nowhere.

I'm convinced KA's early early entrance into this game was just decoration, and was pre-planned going into this game.

VOTE: KingdomAces
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:11 am

Now that we have both posted we can start our read. Anyone want to summarise the main points or stuff that happened so far?

Most of our posts are going to be unsigned btw as written above.. Even without signing it should be obvious that the drunk posts are prob guyetts and the ones with crazy spelling and caps is shos :D :lol: :roll:

Could anyone tell us what the hell the flavour is from? Obviously we only joined because lol nati is a bastard.

Perhaps if this holds water we should all flavor claim? O_o that might be helpful later?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:16 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

^ scum.
Art is cool.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:20 am

Don't be stupid ETL. you should wait until tomorrow to decide if we are scum or not. Also what's your flavour name? We're Ivan or something
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:26 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 290, Interdimensional Arsehole wrote:Don't be stupid ETL. you should wait until tomorrow to decide if we are scum or not.
1) Not when you call me stupid which is uncharacteristic for you - both of you.
2) Not when your opening post is so uncomfortably awkward and unnatural.
Also what's your flavour name? We're Ivan or something
3) Not when you start role fishing right away.

ETL
Art is cool.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:27 am

Post by Guyett »

not role fishing. we're flavour fishing Durrrrrrr
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:28 am

Post by Bert »

stop flavor fishing, Guyitt
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:36 am

In post 292, Guyett wrote:not role fishing. we're flavour fishing Durrrrrrr
You can't honestly altslip SO QUICKLY IN THE GAME
In post 293, Bert wrote:stop flavor fishing, Guyitt
thatkinda loses the effect when there's an ad before the rickroll :/

@ETL: why is it so awkward and stuff? I take it personally :'( I have a test tomorrow so why not help me into the game quick before I start reading 10 pages?
Lying Scum
Lying Scum
Goon
Lying Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:51 am

Post by Lying Scum »

Don't try that AtE on me.

I'm not giving you the answers. You read. It's a short thread. Then tell me who your buddies are. Then we lynch you. <3

Also, quoting for posterity
In post 291, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 290, Interdimensional Arsehole wrote:Don't be stupid ETL. you should wait until tomorrow to decide if we are scum or not.
1) Not when you call me stupid which is uncharacteristic for you - both of you.
2) Not when your opening post is so uncomfortably awkward and unnatural.
Also what's your flavour name? We're Ivan or something
3) Not when you start role fishing right away.

ETL
ETL
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:56 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 268, Lying Scum wrote: I'm concerned that your read on him is based only on meta, according to you, but you only rate your familiarity with him as a 5. This is incongruent with your exhibited level of confidence in the read as well as your defense of him several times.
It's good enough for this stage in the game.
In post 268, Lying Scum wrote:
Actually, that was more me being suspicious at Game for trying to throw suspicion on Bert as a possible scum double voter more than me thinking Bert was town.
Sure, but it indicates that you do consider Bert town at this point, plus, at the end of this same post, you proclaim that he IS town. So, why did you assume so quickly that Bert is town?
I liked his reaction and thought it looked like town Bert.
In post 268, Lying Scum wrote: Fair enough. I don't have enough meta with Varsoon to say otherwise.
In our last game together, Mafia Among the Chosen, I nailed Varsoon as scum on the first couple of pages. He was also paranoid enough about me that he blocked me from being chosen in pregame. I'm pretty confident that I could figure out Varsoon's alignment if he started posting.
In post 268, Lying Scum wrote: I don't understand how that is alignment-indicative, nor how it is strong enough to have this kind of confidence. It's been cleared up that Nat messed up the VCs. You think voting the mod is town? Or was it something after that and you're just using it as a time marker? If so, what?
I liked the way Bert went about it, and I thought it looked like town Bert.
Because Game's attack is really bad and is essentially going after low hanging fruit.
That doesn't answer why you defended KA instead of attacking gameplay.
Because I essentially cut off Game's line of attack. That's good enough for now until I can figure out what Game's posting means.
In post 268, Lying Scum wrote: Yeah... but you didn't. You just defended KA. Those are two different actions and two different choices one can make. You didn't choose to attack people who were "going after low hanging fruit"; you chose to defend KA.
And your point is?
In post 268, Lying Scum wrote: Eh... no. He isn't twisting your words, and you're still not answering the question, which I am also interested in. He's asking you a clarifying question, continually, and you accuse him of twisting your words.

You: Bert is town because he's being silly and scum have a hard time faking that.

Mirhawk: Oh ok. Would
SCUM BERT
(<<< note the distinction, the clarifying point here) have a hard time faking that?

You: VOTE: MIRHAWK Y U TWISTING MY WORDS.

This is what it looks like to me. Do you understand the question now and can you answer it?
I said that Bert's play was carefree and playful, which is hard for scum to fake. I was saying that Bert's posting looked genuine and not fake. Mirhawk comes back with "So you don't think Bert can be cheerful as scum?", which is not what I said at all. My read had to do with the genuiness of Bert's posts, not with his emotional state when playing the game. This looked like a purposeful twisting of words to me, and given that Mirhawk had already shown a propensity for keeping options open ("Well, it may be town" he'd say about someone's townread, "but it could also very well be scum.".), and that he was being very opaque with his play, I felt that pointed more towards a scum agenda than a town one.
You also neglected to answer several of my questions:

1) Why did you assume so quickly that Bert was town?
2) Why did you defend KA (instead of attacking those voting him)?
3) Do you think that BERT would have trouble faking his "cheeriness" as scum (and not just scum in general having trouble faking it)?

ETL
I haven't, but here they are again:

1.) Because his play and reactions reminded me of town Bert, particularly his claim and the way he handled it.
2.) Because the attacks being baseless does not necessarily say anything about the attackers. I thought it was best to diffuse the attacks, rather than just attack someone for a wrong belief. I'm always going to address bad attacks.
3.) I'd imagine there'd be slight differences. This looks like town Bert to me, so I'm sticking with that.
In post 276, KingdomAces wrote: That's really all I can think of to say that's game related right now. And, sorry I've been absent for so long, its just that if I actually had posted anything it probably would have been more dissing myself, because that's really all I wanted to do. (Also speaking of Nati's ruleset, my dead what?)
I'm not sure what to make of this. KA, why are you not wanting to participate in the game?

P-edit: All flavor claims should come with a game reference. I have information that can help root out fake claims.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:59 am

VOTE: lying scum

you drew scum didn't you ETL :/
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:00 am

In post 296, Bulbazak wrote:P-edit: All flavor claims should come with a game reference. I have information that can help root out fake claims.
What do you mean by game reference?
Lying Scum
Lying Scum
Goon
Lying Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:04 am

Post by Lying Scum »

In post 297, Interdimensional Arsehole wrote:VOTE: lying scum

you drew scum didn't you ETL :/
I was wondering when you'd get to OMGUSing us. :giggle: You're so predictable. I love you, but yeah..

You are welcome to try lynching us. Our alignment should be very clear to the rest of the town, and if it isn't at this moment, it should be in short order.

Also, shos is very good at reading me, as are you. The fact that you are trying this now may as well be another scumtell.

ETL

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”