he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:25 am

Post by DeasVail »

Well if that's how it's going to be...

Vote: BipolarChemist

Why aren't you trying to kill me by other means?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 11, BipolarChemist wrote:Weak vote ProHawk! I voted DV first, why not come after me?

And everyone likes DV, weak argument, PH, weak.
Why didn't you answer my question?

(It's because you're scum, isn't it? :o )

In all seriousness though,

Unvote: BipolarChemist
Vote: Shos

This is where it's at.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 9, Konowa wrote:
Vote:DeasVail

He's always scum.

ProHawk,...because?
Hmm, why did you question ProHawk on his vote but not the others?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I do!

(well I'm not actually sure and he's just my best guess from so far but let's just pretend I'm super confident ok?)
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Oh and flip flopping is the best. You should totally try it. ;)
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by DeasVail »

He's my strongest townread at the moment though. :(
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by DeasVail »

ProHawk, Konowa, Bipolar and Scarab are all pretty shagadelic so far. Who else wants to join the groovy crew?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by DeasVail »

!!!

Unvote: Shos
Vote: Sharpest-knfe-on-tree

First, why are people still pretending it's RVS? I mean, we could make random votes forever and ever and it would be fun and all but we'd never actually get to lynching anyone.

As for why I think the sharpest knife on tree is actually not so sharp after all, their post adds nothing really to the game. They make sure to show off the fact that their vote is truly random and all, but what's the point? It's safe for scum to do because tn and others before them have still used RVS-style reasoning to justify their votes, but tn is actually showing some rebellious town attitude, other people are actually interacting, sharpest-knife-on-tree is just sitting there... making a random vote and then retreating back into the shadows of Dr. Evil's lair.

PEdit: I liked the reasoning shown in . It seemed like he was actually looking for things rather than defaulting to just RVSing through the first page.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:54 pm

Post by DeasVail »

It's less the random.org nature of the vote and more the timing of it (and complete lack of anything else) for me. I am not familiar with Sharpest as a player though.

I am hesitant in agreeing with you when it comes to Tn, as I think his apparent lack of care for what people think of him is indicative of town, but it could be something he's able to replicate as scum, so I'm by no means decided there.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:28 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 44, shos wrote:
In post 30, DeasVail wrote:ProHawk, Konowa, Bipolar and Scarab are all pretty shagadelic so far. Who else wants to join the groovy crew?

Meeeee
Oh, behave!

I'm not sure what I think of you yet. Sometimes I think you're shagadelic, but you could be a fembot yet!
In post 49, shos wrote:Trololo BPC

I am officially offended that you think voting me will make me care/change

You are still in RVS boy. Im not.
His vote looked pretty legitimate to me. Why are you saying he's still in RVS?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:13 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 52, Nazarene wrote:I'm the sad guy in the corner who never watched Austin Powers nor knows the vocab. I'm taking shagadelic is town and fembots is scum?
I only just watched the first movie last night, but that's pretty much it yeah.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:39 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Ok I'm back!

Maybe the knife is sharp after all... It's not at groovy levels yet, and has a lot of work to do before it become shagadelic. I mean, come on, it's a knife.

Unvote

Ok Page 5 knife is pretty damn groovy!
In post 105, Jake from State Farm wrote:Right there your play is noticeably different.
I'm not sure if I'm understanding this right, but are you both claiming that knife's play is different here, and that you can't remember knife's play from that game?

Vote: kthxbye
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:43 am

Post by DeasVail »

And what is your opinion of knife from that?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (isolation #13) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:28 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 123, farside22 wrote:@dv: are you voting for those that are not posting for the bettlejuice effect? If you are I just lost respect for you.
In part, yes. Also because I was thinking about where to place my vote and that option appealed to me most. I think it's a pretty silly reason to lose respect for me though (there are so many better ones :P )
In post 128, Jake from State Farm wrote:Why does the fact that scarab on page 2 saying he's read up on skot's games not bother anyone else? I mean who arbitrarily picks a player at the start of a game and starts reading their games and immediately defends them? Why did he also start buddying bipolar chemist and chainsaw vote the person who was voting bpc?

None of this looks town, people ignoring it like it never happened really weirds me out.
To be fair, at this point I'd probably chainsaw anyone who attacked BPC too. Are you scared because they're both town?

kthx is STILL SCUM!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:47 am

Post by DeasVail »

Shagadelic:

BPC
farside22
Scarab

Groovy:

Konowa
ProHawk
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Shos
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (isolation #15) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:55 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 162, Scarab wrote:I have a bit of a gut scum feeling on farside. Was gonna keep that under wraps a bit to see if that read solidified or drifted off, but with DV's list putting her under the towniest of the town section, now seems like a good time. DV, convince me of farside-town? :3
It was more of a general impression than something specific, but I'll try my best to explain. Her posts give me the impression that she's really scumhunting and trying to work out the game, but at the same time, there is no evidence of the showiness that I would expect from scum trying to look like they're scumhunting, if that makes any sense. Looking over it again, I'm not so confident in placing her as so strongly town, but she's definitely a weak townread at the very least.
In post 166, Kthxbye wrote:I have skimmed and I have some town reads, but nothing solid on scum reads. If I had to choose today's lynch all by myself, I'd go with DV getting rope. Something seems...off...or fake about his posts. Not a fan. Nothing really substantial to get a read from either. It's like he wants to be everyone's friend. Even when he calls someone scum, he's very light about the way he does it. It's not solid (mostly gut), but it's enough to warrant a

VOTE: DV
Do you feel this differs from your past experiences with me? This feels like a pretty legitimate reason for a vote, but often those that have played with me before reference my friendliness in games as being a potential red herring. So, tell me where you're coming from here.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (isolation #16) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:04 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 177, Jake from State Farm wrote:
vote shos

Don't like how he's spending so much time on Nazarene
What is your read on Nazarene?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (isolation #17) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:38 pm

Post by DeasVail »

No, BPC is actually town.

(Paranoia, you're not welcome here. Please go away)

Bigger post coming soon.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:00 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 198, Scarab wrote:Strangely enough, when I just tried reading farside in iso (and I read through it thrice), I didn't get scumvibes. When I did a (really rough) skim of the game with a full read of farside's posts as I went, I got the bad feelings again. I'm not sure what that means. I'm probably imagining it. And I'm suddenly not liking Nazarene, which gives farside a couple points in my book.
It's actually the opposite for me. Reading through the game I thought farside was really town, but when I ISO'd her to explain my townread to you, she didn't seem super town anymore. I don't know what this means!
In post 200, Konowa wrote:Like, I like my vote on tn, but Scarab's #198 is awful and makes me want to take a shower.
Can you explain this? I feel like your reads (esp. on BPC and Scarab) differ quite wildly from my own.

Kthx, My read of Shos is weak-town. I've only played once with him before but he was my scumbuddy and I remember him being very on top of things, but here there are little inconsistencies that actually make sense from town, but that scum would probably make an effort to avoid. Example one is the situation where he didn't realise he was actually sheeping me. As scum, I know I'm very hyper-aware of who's suspecting who. (Who is attacking me/my buddies? Who can be potentially mislynched?) So I think it more likely that scum would catch themselves rather than look sort of bad as Shos did. The confusion over Jake's OMGUS accusation is similar (but also not as strong).
In post 211, BipolarChemist wrote:But your first post adds to the game? Also, you think tn is acting towny in his vote, why not question Scarab a bit?
It's the timing of the post and lack of follow-up. My first post was when there was nothing to add, but Knife's was at a time when there was. And I wasn't really all that convinced by my own reasoning either. I now think he's town.
In post 211, BipolarChemist wrote:You change to thinking tn could be scummy here. Why did you completely disregard your previous read of him having a rebellious town attitude?
I wasn't disregarding anything to my knowledge. I didn't think he was scummy there, but did acknowledge that my townlean on him was weak.
In post 211, BipolarChemist wrote:You like just said we weren't in RVS anymore and you lay this vote. Please explain further.
I'll answer this and your next question here. There's nothing that especially makes me think scum currently, so I'm mostly looking out for the players that have a lack of town to their posting, which I think is actually how scum will appear a lot (as they are actively trying to avoid looking scummy), but there are things that town will do that scum won't, so that's what I'm hoping to find I guess, and then PoE it from there. If I find something I legitimately find scummy (or think someone else's point is good) then cool! The problem is probably me missing things rather than scum not being scummy, so I'll do some ISOs when I have time on the weekend and see what I find, but this is often the case for me if it makes a difference at all.
In post 211, BipolarChemist wrote:DeasVail could be a good lynch, but I need to see more from him. So, how does this feel, you butt!~

VOTE: DeasVail
It feels like a betrayal! Like some form of hideous torture! Like someone saying that Tod isn't actually that cute after all!

And I like it. :)

Thank you for being so clearly town to me. If you're actually scum then you should probably gloat about how terrible I am with your scumbuddies, but for now the paranoia is (mostly) at bay and I can pretty confidently call you town as long as I say something to make me feel better about the possibility that I'm wrong alongside it! (This is pretty high-tier town for me)

I hope that I can be as clearly town as you. Well actually, maybe it would be more fun to continue this dynamic of you wanting me lynched and me lashing out at anyone that wants to lynch you. Hmmm.... I'll think on it.

I will ask you though, why do you think kthx is town? My scumread there (if you could even call it that) is as weak as ever, but I'm not sure how I feel about how he jumped off me after I gave him the slightest bit of pressure on it.

And also, I feel pretty strongly about Scarab-town, with confirming my read there, but paranoia etc.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (isolation #19) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:19 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 223, Nazarene wrote:DV, why is BPC town?
I would prefer not to explain this for now. If it gets to the point where BPC is about to be lynched than I will (although the reasons will probably be less significant to you than to me), but for now just know that I have a pretty strong townread there!
In post 227, Konowa wrote:I don't understand his vote of DV either at this point?
If it helps at all I understood it and thought it came from a very town place.
In post 233, BipolarChemist wrote:Okay, ya DV is probs town. I have my reasons...
:]

I still think Scarab is town, but can you elaborate on the ways in which he tries to change his townplay?
In post 235, ShadedMelee wrote:BPC's style is the same from our last game. I have to check whether he was scum or not.
Why didn't you just check as soon as the thought came to mind?
In post 242, Jake from State Farm wrote:he feels like he's trying too hard to appear town.
This has become a concern of mine actually.

Unvote: kthxbye
Vote: Shadedmelee

I'll hopefully have confident(ish) reads and a solid vote this weekend.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (isolation #20) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:45 am

Post by DeasVail »

I won't be able to make a proper post tonight, but better times are fast approaching. :)
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (isolation #21) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:21 am

Post by DeasVail »

I have too much going on right now and need to

Replace out

I'm not very sure of any of my reads except BPC being town so if you're going to listen to any of them listen to that.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”