MS Fantasy Camp 2: Reaper's Tale! (Finished!)

Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2725 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:57 am

Post by Flipping Awesome »

I agree with you about Plum and in a gamestate where you are town, Plum is my biggest suspect.

I wish I could be more confident in my read on Cerulean. I wrote a long wall to Penguin about my concerns as well as the reasons why I am townreading them. I'll try to condense it and post it bullet form. As far as Penguin's reads are concerned, she certainly seems suspicious of Cerulean and isn't telling me that I am being stupid for not being certain. I've played about a dozen games with Tammy (she was town in all of them), and I had townreads of varying strengths and this is one of those games where I am really not sure.
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2726 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:58 am

The above was at Reckoner.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2727 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

How in the world can you town read Reck and or UT?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2728 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:02 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 2714, xRECKONERx wrote:Because they never expressed suspicion of me. My use of the ability was to try and use HOT OR NOT to dissuade people who suspected me from suspecting me -- akin to how I'd invent stuff to give my biggest suspects to keep them from suspecting me.

BTW MASHUPS & MAFIA FINALE IS LIVE NOW
That explanation makes perfect sense as scum...
Plus here you're saying you didn't use it on someone you suspected because you only used it on people suspecting you, whereas earlier you said you used it on people suspecting you instead of suspects of your own because you had no suspects.
In post 2647, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 2611, xRECKONERx wrote:#2 my philosophy both nights was to target the person who was most vocal about wanting me lynched or who I at least remembered expressing interest in lynching me the previous day, I think. I definitely know I did that with Sixty & Nero, and I'm assuming Venmar too if it followed the same train of thought
Why not on a scumread?
-SleepyKrew
In post 2648, xRECKONERx wrote:because i have had like no scumreads this entire game
VOTE: Reck
I'm all ears about Plum, and any explanation you might have for this.
-SleepyKrew

PEDIT: oh posts
Hey has anyone not claimed yet?
-SleepyKrew
To be clear: quack
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2729 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:03 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 2724, Nero Cain wrote:Why are you not reading the game?
I have real life, sorry. If there's somewhere you want to point me, then please point me there. I'm not going to read this whole thread.
-SleepyKrew
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2730 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:06 am

In post 2727, Nero Cain wrote:How in the world can you town read Reck and or UT?
I am not townreading them but IF Reck is town, I feel Plum is probably scum. A lot of Plum's walls felt fluffy and disengaged and I am not seeing her as town. Although to be fair, I strongly dislike Reck's interactions with Kanye and I have no idea how UT got this very strong townread on Reck. So, I don't know. The only person I'd bank the game on is you. I think Cerulean is town but I won't jump out the window if they happen to be scum.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2731 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:07 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 2730, Flipping Awesome wrote:
In post 2727, Nero Cain wrote:How in the world can you town read Reck and or UT?
I am not townreading them but IF Reck is town, I feel Plum is probably scum. A lot of Plum's walls felt fluffy and disengaged and I am not seeing her as town. Although to be fair, I strongly dislike Reck's interactions with Kanye and I have no idea how UT got this very strong townread on Reck. So, I don't know. The only person I'd bank the game on is you. I think Cerulean is town but I won't jump out the window if they happen to be scum.
You mentioned everyone but me :(
-SleepyKrew
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2732 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:08 am

Post by Plum »

Still apologetic, still laptop-less, still can't really deal with mobile posting.

First, claim: I'm a Vi fangirl, but also in this game. I shared a quicktopic with Shadoweh, my Ty, with talk any time (woof). I have a one-use hawt new battery mechanic ability that allows me to extend or shorten deadline by 48 hours to a minimum of 48 remaining until the modified deadline hits. I have not used it (though I strongly considered it - extending deadline, to be specific - a couple of times and discussed it with Shadoweh). I also have a two-shot ability that allows me to change the thread's subtitle (so I could replace "more like DeadingGoofball" with some phrase of my choice). I have
also
not used this ability, though, again, I strongly considered it at least once in consultation with Shadoweh (whom I trusted, for the most part, since practically the beginning of the game due to her behavior in our quicktopic). That's all my abilities and their uses. Any further information is withheld for the moment.
In post 2625, xRECKONERx wrote:1. I asked about that as well and was told that if they pick "Hot", it isn't public... whereas if it's "Not", it is. That part wasn't in my role PM so I'm guessing Nero chose "Hot" and couldn't vote me?
Wasn't in your Role PM? Nero, can you tell us what you received in re Reck's ability?
In post 2656, Flipping Awesome wrote:SleepyKrew, I am not sure I buy your commuter claim especially since Nero Cain claimed bulletproof. That would make two essentially bulletproof roles that the scum can't kill because they can't kill a commuter either.
I'm wary of outguessing the Mod, especially with less-than-full information, but. SK, please describe how your ability works in greater detail. I am not specifically talking about how many shots you have.

Reck's frustration with the meta-focus and whatever seems genuine but not indicative of alignment. Expressing it, tactically,
might
be indicative of alignment, but if it is I can't parse it as a tactic Reck would shy away from as scum.

I hate myself for leaning voting SK over Reck at this point (hate myself for it because Reck has had the multiple mediocre wagon placements while not being proactive as he described while NS-SK and the kanye wagon . . . ugh. Just Ugh). But, preview edit - I need to think this through briefly. Gotta run.
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2733 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:08 am

SleepyKrew: weak townread based on NS's posts, a little weaker than Cerulean read.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2734 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I received Recks ability.

Yea, the whole me bp-SK commuter thing is outguessing the mod and I strongly advise against it.

vote:ut
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2735 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:12 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

I don't think there's any more I could say about my role without it being counterproductive. How come you never changed the subtitle?
-SleepyKrew

PEDIT: above was to Plum
below is to Flipping
Thanks <3

-SleepyKrew

PEDIT AGAIN:
Why UT over Reck?
-SleepyKrew
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2736 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:13 am

Post by Cerulean »

I just realized when the deadline is. I'm still technically v/la until tomorrow. I have some errands to run and an assignment to finish for class, but I'll be around after that, and try to finish what I started earlier in the week before I needed a break.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2737 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't care for either of them

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2738 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:15 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 2734, Nero Cain wrote:I received Recks ability.
I think she was asking for information about respond via PM vs in thread.
-SleepyKrew

PEDIT: then why not the one that already has a vote on him Nero?
-SleepyKrew
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2739 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:16 am

Post by Nero Cain »

'cause its my vote and I wanted to vote UT who is p much avoiding this thread.

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2740 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:20 am

Post by Plum »

Short answer - I thought potentially it could be useful for posting any useful information that shadoweh or I came into anonymously, but it didn't work out quite that way. Outside of that I thought it had minimal use so I didn't feel there was a point using a shot frivolously in case something useful did come up. I can demonstrate it if anyone likes, though.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2741 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:23 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 2740, Plum wrote:Short answer - I thought potentially it could be useful for posting any useful information that shadoweh or I came into anonymously, but it didn't work out quite that way. Outside of that I thought it had minimal use so I didn't feel there was a point using a shot frivolously in case something useful did come up. I can demonstrate it if anyone likes, though.
Good enough for me.
-SleepyKrew
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2742 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:28 am

Nero Cain, how confident are you in Cerulean being town?
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2743 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 2742, Flipping Awesome wrote:Nero Cain, how confident are you in Cerulean being town?

Oh no you don't. You're not going to pull this on me again. If you have concerns about me, why aren't you talking to me? Why aren't you trying to figure it out?

I'm sorry I went v/la this week just as I was beginning to gamesolve. I'm sorry that I couldn't handle mafiascum this week. I near replaced out of every game I was in, even a game in which I was in LyLo with a near guaranteed win, because I couldn't handle this damn site. It doesn't make me scum, it just makes me crazy.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2744 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:17 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 2725, Flipping Awesome wrote:I agree with you about Plum and in a gamestate where you are town, Plum is my biggest suspect.

I wish I could be more confident in my read on Cerulean. I wrote a long wall to Penguin about my concerns as well as the reasons why I am townreading them. I'll try to condense it and post it bullet form. As far as Penguin's reads are concerned, she certainly seems suspicious of Cerulean and isn't telling me that I am being stupid for not being certain. I've played about a dozen games with Tammy (she was town in all of them), and I had townreads of varying strengths and this is one of those games where I am really not sure.
Why isn't Penguin posting here? I see her posting on site, but when I've brought that up to Empire as part of the only real thing that concerns me after the way she lurked and did very little but manipulate me in Tales, he said it didn't matter, that the way you tried to derail the Nero Cain wagon day one, makes you town and I agree on that among other things, but it's something that's in the back of my mind, which is hugely hypocritical I know because Empire left me too but Empire has pretty much stopped playing mafia altogether.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2745 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 2720, xRECKONERx wrote:because even if those reasons are legit it's a hydra and it could've been empire

and regardless i just don't have any reasons IMO to townread her. i picked out things about you/NS that made me feel you were town, I haven't seen that from tammy
90% of our posts have been me. The major exceptions being when I left the game in day one and didn't return until day two.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2746 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:29 pm

Tammy, I have been talking to you and I have been trying to figure it out and most of D5 was me engaging you on your reads. I didn't say I thought you were scum. I'm just less sure than I should be and I know it sucks and if you are town, I'm sorry for being paranoid. I don't want to upset you especially if you are town and I am not even reading you as scum, I just wish I was as sure as I usually am. I know you can't handle mafia right now but you are still posting elsewhere and that made me wonder. That and the recently finished Fairy game makes me think I can't read you as well as I thought - or least, your scumgame is at a level where I have to do major re-evaluations in how I read you.

Penguin isn't posting because she checked out of the game a while ago when she went V/LA. She's still busy irl but has been posting about once a day in our hydra QT and giving me her thoughts and support and I think that's awesome. I'm not going to badger her to post in thread because she is busy.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2747 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:33 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 2716, Flipping Awesome wrote:
I was following a recently finished Tammy scumgame where she racked up yet another scum win surviving and winning the game. But her play here seems a lot different. There, a lot of it didn't make sense. Her pushback on Ffery-Kaze felt genuine at that time and I was only sure she was scum once they were in 4P MYLO.
If you read that game, how can you possibly be worried about me here? Even a little. Go back and read that game again, then read the scum pt, then come back here and talk to me. Do that please. Do you know I was actually a little happy to have drawn scum that game? Remember in Tales when i told you I told cabd I hoped I drew scum the next game I played? Yeah, I can't remember if that game had started by the time I said that in Tales, but I was telling the truth about that. I needed a break from being town because I've just been increasingly feeling like I don't know how to scum read anymore, except replacing into games, I still seem to be fine there, but I just feel like people are manipulating me all the time and I don't know how to read around that. In that game I was (somewhat because I still hate playing scum) happy to be playing with Hyperion and happy to not have to worry that I'm fucking up the games I'm in. If you read the scum pt, I expected to get lynched day one. If I did things that didn't make sense, it's because I was expecting to get lynched day one, well and day two, and if you read all the reads I gave I was obviously trying to give reads that wouldn't make it obvious who my partner was upon my flip, and I was kicking myself that someone preemptively cleared town based on one of my reads. That I survived that game was a complete fluke and it would not have happened if my partner hadn't gotten a watcher guilty night one.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2748 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Day 6, VC 6
SleepyKrew - (1):
Untrod Tripod
Plum - (1):
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx - (1):
SleepyKrew
Untrod Tripod - (1):
Nero Cain

Not voting - (3):
Cerulean, Plum, Flipping Awesome

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day 5:
30th of June at 3:30pm
Irish Time - countdown: (expired on 2014-06-30 10:30:56)

--[/area]
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2749 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:40 pm

I re-read your ISO again this morning after the game finished and I read the scum PT as well. So I can talk to you now. The difference between the thread and the PT is the difference between night and day. In the thread, you were attacking Nacho and Bert, felt like you were genuinely scumhunting, considering all the possibilities about whether Ffery/Kaze are scum or whether NachoBert are. On the other hand, in the scum QT, you were falling apart expecting to get lynched over your apparently obvscum play whereas in the thread, ETL and Antihero were calling it the most obvtown play ever. I don't know. I've never played with scum-you so I don't know what interacting with you-scum would feel like so I don't have a basis for comparison. The only time when reading that game I thought you were scum was in 4P MYLO where I realized that you not gamesolving and stalling was pretty scummy. That went away when I realized you didn't hammer Hyperion but it turns out, you had your reasons so that's pretty irrelevant.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”