MS Fantasy Camp 2: Reaper's Tale! (Finished!)

Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 2746, Flipping Awesome wrote:Tammy, I have been talking to you and I have been trying to figure it out and most of D5 was me engaging you on your reads. I didn't say I thought you were scum. I'm just less sure than I should be and I know it sucks and if you are town, I'm sorry for being paranoid. I don't want to upset you especially if you are town and I am not even reading you as scum, I just wish I was as sure as I usually am. I know you can't handle mafia right now but you are still posting elsewhere and that made me wonder. That and the recently finished Fairy game makes me think I can't read you as well as I thought - or least, your scumgame is at a level where I have to do major re-evaluations in how I read you.

Penguin isn't posting because she checked out of the game a while ago when she went V/LA. She's still busy irl but has been posting about once a day in our hydra QT and giving me her thoughts and support and I think that's awesome. I'm not going to badger her to post in thread because she is busy.
I get it; I'm not majorly concerned about the Penguin thing like I said, it's just something that tickles a bit. As far as posting elsewhere, well one thing should be relieved about that. I was scum in another game and prioritizing that at times because I didn't want to let my partner down, that and I really was relieved not to really worry about having to figure out a game, and I didn't want the 'you're posting elsewhere and not here tell' to be used on me because i'm really aware of things like that when i'm mafia. As far as the other, that one should be super duper obvious right now. Last night, I was checking here while playing skype mafia and blowing off steam but noone posted, which isn't a grand excuse but I really didn't want to deal with mafia in the first place and definitely not as hungover as I was. I obviously can't defend myself for games that are ongoing, but if I'm ever posting somewhere else, the only thing I suggest is to read what I'm doing. Like last night the only reason I posted in the game that ended was because it was lylo and deadline and I didn't have to actually think about anything, just try to decide when to hammer and freak out because I thought that I was going to lose that game by hammering.

And I mean I get it paranoia is paranoia it's nearing end game and after the paranoid spiral I went on you about in Tales of, I have no right to get upset especially considering you also went paranoid on me there too. I just get freaked out when I'm alive this long and people get paranoid of me because I think that I'm going to be the reason town loses and it starts to set me on edge.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 2749, Flipping Awesome wrote:I re-read your ISO again this morning after the game finished and I read the scum PT as well. So I can talk to you now. The difference between the thread and the PT is the difference between night and day. In the thread, you were attacking Nacho and Bert, felt like you were genuinely scumhunting, considering all the possibilities about whether Ffery/Kaze are scum or whether NachoBert are. On the other hand, in the scum QT, you were falling apart expecting to get lynched over your apparently obvscum play whereas in the thread, ETL and Antihero were calling it the most obvtown play ever. I don't know. I've never played with scum-you so I don't know what interacting with you-scum would feel like so I don't have a basis for comparison. The only time when reading that game I thought you were scum was in 4P MYLO where I realized that you not gamesolving and stalling was pretty scummy. That went away when I realized you didn't hammer Hyperion but it turns out, you had your reasons so that's pretty irrelevant.
I seemed like I was genuinely scumhunting? <3

I can definitely "gamesolve" as scum and I've definitely gotten lax about gamesolving as town. I just sometimes get sparked into action when I get fatigued near the end of the game. In that game, I didn't have to do it, because someone else already had and had nailed down who else was scum and I didn't have to do anything but follow the leader.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 2749, Flipping Awesome wrote:I re-read your ISO again this morning after the game finished and I read the scum PT as well. So I can talk to you now. The difference between the thread and the PT is the difference between night and day. In the thread, you were attacking Nacho and Bert, felt like you were genuinely scumhunting, considering all the possibilities about whether Ffery/Kaze are scum or whether NachoBert are. On the other hand, in the scum QT, you were falling apart expecting to get lynched over your apparently obvscum play whereas in the thread, ETL and Antihero were calling it the most obvtown play ever. I don't know. I've never played with scum-you so I don't know what interacting with you-scum would feel like so I don't have a basis for comparison. The only time when reading that game I thought you were scum was in 4P MYLO where I realized that you not gamesolving and stalling was pretty scummy. That went away when I realized you didn't hammer Hyperion but it turns out, you had your reasons so that's pretty irrelevant.
I seemed like I was genuinely scumhunting? <3

I can definitely "gamesolve" as scum and I've definitely gotten lax about gamesolving as town. I just sometimes get sparked into action when I get fatigued near the end of the game. In that game, I didn't have to do it, because someone else already had and had nailed down who else was scum and I didn't have to do anything but follow the leader.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 2739, Nero Cain wrote:'cause its my vote and I wanted to vote UT who is p much avoiding this thread.
ah yes, "avoiding the thread", the last resort of a man who has no argument

that V/LA next to my name isn't for decoration, dickhead
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

and I guess I should claim

I'm a jeep fanboy. I'm a restricted doc and 1-shot rolecop. My restriction is that I can't use my abilities on anyone who has been the third vote on a wagon that day. When I cop I get the player's role PM with any alignment info removed.

I copped Flipping Day 1, they're telling the truth

I've protected Reck the last two nights because my townread on him is based on this is exactly how he's been playing in the other games I've played with him lately, where he's been town, and he seems kinda lost. In the reckoning I totally misread him and wasted a huge chunk of the game riding his butt, so I've been avoiding it this game when he's played exactly the same.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:10 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Why'd you choose Flipping?
You don't think Reckscum could fake that?
-SleepyKrew
To be clear: quack
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by Flipping Awesome »

In post 2750, Cerulean wrote:I get it; I'm not majorly concerned about the Penguin thing like I said, it's just something that tickles a bit. As far as posting elsewhere, well one thing should be relieved about that. I was scum in another game and prioritizing that at times because I didn't want to let my partner down, that and I really was relieved not to really worry about having to figure out a game, and I didn't want the 'you're posting elsewhere and not here tell' to be used on me because i'm really aware of things like that when i'm mafia. As far as the other, that one should be super duper obvious right now. Last night, I was checking here while playing skype mafia and blowing off steam but noone posted, which isn't a grand excuse but I really didn't want to deal with mafia in the first place and definitely not as hungover as I was. I obviously can't defend myself for games that are ongoing, but if I'm ever posting somewhere else, the only thing I suggest is to read what I'm doing. Like last night the only reason I posted in the game that ended was because it was lylo and deadline and I didn't have to actually think about anything, just try to decide when to hammer and freak out because I thought that I was going to lose that game by hammering.

And I mean I get it paranoia is paranoia it's nearing end game and after the paranoid spiral I went on you about in Tales of, I have no right to get upset especially considering you also went paranoid on me there too. I just get freaked out when I'm alive this long and people get paranoid of me because I think that I'm going to be the reason town loses and it starts to set me on edge.
Okay, that makes a lot more sense now and if you are conscious about the "not posting elsewhere" tell being used, you'd probably have posted more. I don't think your interaction with Venmar is unfakeable considering you bus as scum but I'd be surprised if you pushed Kanye the way you did here.

So, I read the Reckoning as well to see what you were saying about Reck and the only thing I noticed was that most of his early suspicion and votes were on scum (although I think he voted you once). I didn't pick up on any tonal differences between there and here. I'm not sure what to make of him having an issue with you using RW to meta him here but being fine with it in The Reckoning. He says it is because he was correctly being read as town there whereas incorrectly being read as scum here and it is an okay'ish explanation though not groundbreaking.

~~~

I strongly dislike Reck's POE pool. It doesn't make sense and I half get the feeling he is shoveling suspicion on Cerulean to make me paranoid. I don't generally get paranoid of universal townreads but Reck and Nero Cain suspecting Cerulean makes me want to be absolutely sure just to make sure I'm not erroneously defending scum. And that makes me think Reck might be scum.

Combine that with the fact that he voted Kanye early and then unvoted to push the Nero Cain wagon for no apparent reason. Tammy, you said you were sure that Reck was town here and you'd draw a line in the sand saying that you were right in the Reckoning and you think you are right here. What changed since then besides Reck taking issue with the RW meta?

Also, I am not townreading Plum and I don't get the feeling that she is putting a lot of effort into solving the game but feels more like she is coasting. I get that the UT case feels townish and I totally buy that "look at this guy and his Cerulean read" felt super town but by itself, I am not sure that's enough for a townread. I had the feeling that she might be subverting meta just like Penguin did in Tales to great effect.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 2710, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 2698, Cerulean wrote:reckne is [robably actually scum here. Because in the Reckoingin III I called him town based on him not feeling like the Red Wedding, and CDB and Mollie tried to talk me out of that. Bit here he's lie OMG someonw is using the reckoning and the red wedding as meta for me, wtf are they doing? like seriulsy if he was town wiuld he do that? it feels like he's rying to set me up for something because in he reckoning when I used red weeding to town read him he totally didin't try to set me up but here he is and i don't know why? though like holy shit when we were partners is the red wedding he had a whole plan so maybe he does here; idk

um crap, i'm sorry i need to rethink everything.
I'm going to translate this as "Why is Reck concerned about me using RW meta here but not in Reckoning III?".

And the answer is because those two games are really bad examples of my meta (as I explained above), and also because I hate meta, so hearing it back to back two games in a row "BUT RECK IS NOT PLAYING LIKE RED WEDDING" really gets fucking old.

Red Wedding: I lurk as scum, win
Reckoning III: "RECK ISN'T MATCHING UP TO RW META SO HE'S TOWN", I'm town, win
This Game: "RECK ISN'T MATCHING UP TO RW OR RECKONING III SO HE'S PROBABLY SCUM", I'm town, ????

This is why meta is fucking stupid because it actually means fuckall and since my radio show last week where we ranted about players using meta to justify the bulk of a case I have a bad taste in my mouth for it
That's actually not what I said. I've used games that I have experience with you because it gives me the basis for my reads. My early reads on people are almost always based on tone and if I have a baseline, I use it until I shouldn't or until I need to start resetting my reads.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 2706, Tammy wrote:

but our songs so catchy, people probably don't listen to the lyrics BUT THEY SHOULD because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself...that's probably actually about huey lewis and the news and I should actually go to sleep. blame shadoweh i've been awake this long. okay sleep now.
Does anyone know what movie I was quoting here?

Ten bonus Tammy-town points to anyone who can pick out of my favorite movies.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 2755, SleepyKrew wrote:Why'd you choose Flipping?
You don't think Reckscum could fake that?
-SleepyKrew
they were the only player in my available pool that I was curious about. The available players have been really lackluster to be honest so I'm glad I had a chance to cop them when I did
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

And I guess he could, but I dont think he is?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

I looked it up is that cheating?
(The movie is on my list and I think I saw that it's on Netflix now!)
-SleepyKrew

PEDIT:
What do you mean available pool?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

-SleepyKrew
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2758, Cerulean wrote:
In post 2706, Tammy wrote:

but our songs so catchy, people probably don't listen to the lyrics BUT THEY SHOULD because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself...that's probably actually about huey lewis and the news and I should actually go to sleep. blame shadoweh i've been awake this long. okay sleep now.
Does anyone know what movie I was quoting here?

Ten bonus Tammy-town points to anyone who can pick out of my favorite movies.
sixteen candles and pretty in pink
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 2760, Untrod Tripod wrote:And I guess he could, but I dont think he is?
You don't think Reck as scum would pretend to be lost if that's how he's been playing as town lately?
-SleepyKrew
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Dude read my claim

Also it was night 1 not day 1 im not a dayrolecop
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

And yeah I guess he could but im really not going to drink that wine
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Oh thought the restriction only applied to the doctor part, my bad.
-SleepyKrew
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:36 pm

I'm not buying both a doc and a commuter in the same game and SleepyKrew claiming commuter feels scummy. It feels like a SleepyKrew-ish fake-claim.
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:38 pm

But UT protecting Reck every night when he was under such suspicion doesn't make sense either. Nor does Reck blatantly targeting people that suspect him without regard to whether they were scum or town.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:39 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 2766, Untrod Tripod wrote:And yeah I guess he could but im really not going to drink that wine
"My townread is based on something that he easily could do as scum, but I'll doc him."
That's not pointless WIFOM. That's something you should actually think about and try to figure out.
-SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 2768, Flipping Awesome wrote:I'm not buying both a doc and a commuter in the same game and SleepyKrew claiming commuter feels scummy. It feels like a SleepyKrew-ish fake-claim.
omg I don't know how to reply to this without breaking site rules
-SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Oh UT who did you protect the other nights and how come you didn't claim those protects as well?
-SleepyKrew
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:45 pm

In post 2653, SleepyKrew wrote:Okay looks like we actually are claiming. I have no reason not to go now.
Zorblag. Troll. I'm an x-shot Commuter. Also I have to sign my posts. There's a penalty if I forget to sign a certain number of times per day.
-SleepyKrew
Why is Zorblag a commuter? Can you paraphrase your role in your own words?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

I live under a bridge (in Seattle!), away from everyone else.
-SleepyKrew

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”