MS Fantasy Camp 2: Reaper's Tale! (Finished!)

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2800 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:04 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Thanks.
-SleepyKrew
To be clear: quack
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2801 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:34 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 2788, Flipping Awesome wrote:Okay, Tammy, just read through your wall and it gave me awesome townie feelings and explains a lot of stuff like why you don't feel like re-reading the game and why your read on Kanye changed. I know it can't have been easy going over all of the D1 play so thanks for posting it. I feel like I understand your take on the game a lot better after reading your wall. That's part of the reason I got paranoid in that I didn't think you would be so certain in your Reck read only to flip it late game like you did with your Hyperion read in Fairies but reading through your explanation, it makes so much sense as town and I really shouldn't have been doubting my townread on you at all. Anyways my activity will be reduced after tomorrow since I'm going to visit family so I'm going to try and get in as much analysis as possible. I'm on page 28 of my re-read at this point so I'll have more thoughts as I get through it.
FTR I had no intention of ever changing my read on Hyperion. I intended for him to be the person I'd just town read until I got lynched. Hyperion is from westeros and I never get to play with him; he's literally the only reason why I stayed in that game as I almost outed before the game started but I saw him join so I stayed in; he also really has a tendency to get scum read, and I felt bad that circumstances made it so that I pretty much had to change my read on him and hammer him for the win. He's also the person I kicked myself for because someone cleared him as town if I was scum based on my read on him, and man I just felt bad for that as far as what would happen when I flipped. If he'd legitimately caught me, I'd probably just have been proud of him for it. That sounds dumb, but I sometimes get a bit protective of people from westeros; I had the same problem in Rocky a couple years ago when I played with Expecto and Snowstorm even though I was scum. IDK how much sense that makes.
falcon wrote: What are your updated thoughts on Plum? I still don't like her early push on Nobody Special and the subsequent backtracking of it after being asked for a case. It felt like an attack on low hanging fruit which she later backed down from when people challenged her on it. I also haven't seen a lot of analysis from her in the later stages of the game besides the push on Reck when Tim Howard was being lynched but no vote or any real push to see it through, but she was V/LA which is messing with my ability to read her. Do you have any insights from your past games that I should be looking for when I re-read. I haven't played many games with most of the playerlist here and I am sort of relying on you to help me sort out reads and that's part of the reason I felt so much pressure to read you correctly here, I think it was somewhat similar to you feeling a lot of pressure to get a good read on Nacho in Tales after giving him that power N0 and I do think I was focussing on you more than I should in normal circumstances. Plum's reads make sense to me. She is going from a you/Venmar obvtown reads to POEing the rest of the game. But I am not sure how big a towntell it is. I don't like that she came after me citing Shadoweh's incisive questioning but then I thought Shadoweh was scum too when she came after me following Chamber's nk.
My only experience with Plum is Attack on Titan where I correctly read her as pretty obviously town based on spontaneous posting as compared to the On the Boat game which I had followed because Empire replaced in and had used me as a rant buddy. The next game I played with her was the Wizards game, which you've at least read part of because that was the game that Kanye was scum in and manipulated me in, but I was convinced that Plum was scum there but she wasn't. I still do like the "look at this guy" case she had for UT. I'd have to look back at the On the Boat game to see how her posting was there, but and this is where I totally need to get on my reread from at least day two and reset because I was convinced that Chamber had a innocent clear on her, so I've been operating from a Plum is confirmed innocent space since early day two from that. Empire had her in his POE pool even after that, even after I kept saying um I think chamber has a weak neighborizer innocent on her and he was like eh she's still in POE because we can't be certain that you picking up on those pr hints are real. Still though Nacho and Plum hydra'd for the ADwD game and weren't super active there either. This is where I need to reset in my rereading the game from a you had the wrong impression all game standpoint. I still like Plum though. I do need to reread that On the Boat game; if she's capable of reversing and rethinking her reads as scum then my early points might not be as strong, but the fact that she made that case and then backed off and hasn't revisited it? UGH I want to call that town, but much like my fangirl namesake I'm feeling like too many people are town.
falcoln wrote: What do you think of UT at this point? I was worried about him late game as I spent time re-reading because it felt like he was buddying Reck and Empire's "evil chancellor" comment does have some merit. But looking at UT/Reck interactions in the Reckoning, I can see why UT doesn't want to suspect Reck and go down that same rabbit hole again. There are things that bug me about UT though, one is the doc claim, the other is the reluctance to vote Kanye and I am wondering if Nero Cain is right about it being a Reck/UT team. Also, I figured UT as town would want to protect obvtown rather than Reck each night. Reck who was being suspected by a lot of people. Kanye also spent time defending UT but it came right after you said that the UT wagon was bad. I don't know if Kanye would jump in to take a stance against a declining wagon on a scumbuddy whereas it would make a ton of sense as a weak whiteknighting. Role-wise, I have trouble seeing both UT and Skrew as town so I am not sure I buy a Reck/Plum team although individually I find them scummy.
Okay when Empire gets back in the country, I'll ask him what he meant about that. I'm not sure when he's due back though. All I know is he let me know he was going out of the country some time ago, and when I messaged him to take over for me this week, he was urg and then i tried contacting him today but his friend contacted me to say that he's out of the country and data roaming is expensive so he'll talk to me when he gets home but didn't tell me when that was. OH you're worried about the doc claim, sorry I thought that was empire and I was getting confused. I want to think about all the claims, so give me a minute on that. I have to play claim dreamscape to get everything situated. One thing I do want to stress is that we can't really play what would proper balance due to claims be in a faraday upick. There is some merit to that, as in ASoIaF upick I did not believe all the roleblocker claims could possibly be town. AND they weren't, but iirc the only scum roleblocker was the person who could universally block all roles at night. All of the rest of us who were roleblockers ended up being town, and Shadoweh and I who had similar marriage/neighborizer roles both ended up town. In Faraday Upicks, he makes the roles first then he sets alignments, then he makes tweaks. So, claim dreamscape where I need a minute to ponder. This is my fifth? maybe fourth? Faraday modded upick and I kinda feel like I have a little handle on what he would tweak. As far as what UT has chosen to do with his role, I need to think about that to, and think about it as I reread from day two. I think I would have expected either a protect on you or Pless night two? And maybe us after Venmar? I don't know, but I know I've thought I was the obvious protect in games and the doc hasn't even considered me before, so I need to look at context, which I'll do probably tonight, though I caught d3x in Chef mafia partially for not protecting me on night one when I drove the hell out of a lynch on scum.
falcon wrote: Also, how much experience do you have playing with SleepyKrew and do you have a read on him yet? I think I've heard him say you haven't played together but I'm not sure. The commuter claim actually makes sense with the flavor so I buy it but it isn't alignment indicative.
I have no completed games with SleepyKrew. We talk somewhat often and he named my cat, but we've not played together. The only thing I know about Sleepy is that he prefers scum. That's about it. He was in the On the Boat game, and he was obvious town, once he flaked, but yeah that's about all I know for SleepyKrew. Everything else I know, or think I know, is tied up in ongoing games. but his predecessor was Nobody Special whom I have no clue how to read. Empire might have had him in his poe pool but I just looked at can't find it, also I can't find it in our skype chat, but we talk a lot pretty regularly until recently, so. I depend on him to keep me centered on nobody special since castle zar. Oh in Castle Zar, Empire did a meta work up on nobody special, and I guess one thing I liked was how he came back and jumped on Kanye, but I do know that as scum his meta is to be more involved or at least that's what he told me in NY146 when we were in LyLo and I was trying to decide between him and MoI, but when we were partners in Kanye's waterworld he definitely wasn't. I think he replaced out because of Reck though if I'm being presumptuous and that would be weird for partners to do? So that's a lot of nothing?
falcon wrote: As far as Reck is concerned, I found his play a bit different from The Reckoning at least the way he reacted to suspicion. It felt very over the top there especially in response to Fate scumreading him and I can see why you townread him here based off of his reaction to Sixty. What do you think is the scum motivation for Reck objecting to your meta-read on him here? I just strongly dislike him having you and Nero Cain in his POE pool as it feels like he is stretching credulity by still considering that either of you could be scum over say SleepyKrew/NS. The "he could be bussing" response when asked why he targeted Nero Cain upon Venmar's scumflip feels too simplistic and not like he was actually trying to read Nero Cain because Nero/Venmar didn't look like a bus at all. While hypothetically, it is possible, I don't think it is very likely. I also thought there is far less scumhunting here than in The Reckoning. What do you make of him voting Nero Cain in and then coming back and saying to hammer Nero in . ISO him from the first link and there isn't actually a lot of content and it feels like he is somewhat disengaged from the game. But it could make sense from a town viewpoint as well if he genuinely thought Nero was scummy but the actual reasoning for voting him was pretty weak.

Overall, I am back to thinking at the same place as I was at the beginning of the day. I am sure that you and Nero Cain are town and not sure which two of Reck/UT/Sleepy/Plum are scum. We can't lynch them all so I'm going to have to figure out at least one more strong townread to bank the game on.
I don't know what Reck's scum motivation could be for keeping Nero and I in his POE list for kanye/venmar partners and thinking nobody special is town based on very little. Reck and I were masons in a skype mafia game though last night and he thought everyone else but his mason partners seemed scummy, except for someone else based ON META, though so I could kinda see him thinking a bunch of people were scummy. Um that sounds stupid and I hate it when mollie uses skype meta to read people with in forum games, so it's not stable, but I don't see at all why he could say that Nero could be bussing but Nobody Special couldn't be. I'm gonna read from that link in a minute and get back to you. Actually in a bit longer than a minute. I'm gonna play a game and do this at the same time. So, I'll get back to you on this.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2802 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:45 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Okay I'm looking at 1603, and all I see is him voting and saying it seems bad, the saying it seems bad is IDK. I'm sorry, I'm not sure I can actually finish this. tomorrow?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2803 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:40 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Day 6, VC 8
SleepyKrew - (1):
Untrod Tripod
Plum - (1):
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx - (1):
SleepyKrew
Untrod Tripod - (1):
Nero Cain

Not voting - (3):
Cerulean, Plum, Flipping Awesome

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day 5:
30th of June at 3:30pm
Irish Time - countdown: (expired on 2014-06-30 10:30:56)

--[/area]
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2804 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:41 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 2787, Cerulean wrote:
Spoiler: vca i started before i went nutso
In post 2555, Cerulean wrote:
In post 1218, Lost Butterfly wrote:
Day 1, VC 42
Tim Howard - (3):
Zdenek
, Plum, xRECKONERx
Venmar
- (2):
chamber, Katsuki

xRECKONERx - (1):
Lady Lambdadelta

Plum - (2):
Flipping Awesome,
Cerulean

Katsuki - (10):
sangres, Shadoweh, Tim Howard, ChannelDelibird[/color], Nobody Special,
Venmar
Sixty
, Untrod Tripod,[/color]
Nero Cain
, Sheep Majiffy or Thor
sangres
- (1):
kanyeknowsbest

Not voting - (0):
--

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1:
26th of April at 5pm
Irish Time - countdown: (expired on 2014-04-26 12:00:00)
CDB is V/la
[/area]
Last count of day one.

I'm just going to put these here for now. I'll do something with them after I read.
In post 2556, Cerulean wrote:
Day 1, VC 42
Tim Howard - (3):
Zdenek
, Plum, xRECKONERx
Venmar
- (2):
chamber, Katsuki

xRECKONERx - (1):
Lady Lambdadelta

Plum - (2):
Flipping Awesome,
Cerulean

Katsuki - (10):
Venmar
Sixty
, Untrod Tripod,[/color]
Nero Cain
, Sheep Majiffy or Thor
sangres
- (1):
kanyeknowsbest

Not voting - (0):
--

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1:
26th of April at 5pm
CDB is V/la
[/area]
Last count of day one.

I'm just going to put these here for now. I'll do something with them after I read.
fixed uh
I'm not sure there's much to be learned from day one other than Nero and Venmar aren't scum together? Unless you want to say Venmar and Nero were partners and they did that ballsy hey vote me teeehee when I think that Venmar quite obviously pulled a trollish move there.

In post 2557, Cerulean wrote:
In post 1986, Lost Butterfly wrote:
Day 2, VC 28
kanyeknowsbest
- (8):
Plessiez, Zdenek, Tim Howard
, Plum, Flipping Awesome, [/color]
Nero Cain
, Nobody Special,
Cerulean

Nero Cain - (7):
Shadoweh
Venmar
Lady Lambdadelta
, xRECKONERx,
kanyeknowsbest
, Untrod Tripod,
chamber

Not voting - (0):
--

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1:
11th of May at 8:10pm
Irish Time - countdown: (expired on 2014-05-11 15:10:00)[/color]
No one is V/la.[/area]
Day Two
In post 2558, Cerulean wrote:
In post 2309, Lost Butterfly wrote:
Day 3, VC 14
Lady Lambdadelta
- (7)
chamber
, Untrod Tripod, T
im Howard,
xRECKONERx,
Zdenek, Cerulean
Venmar

Venmar -
(3)
[/color]
Nero Cain
, Plum, Nobody Special
Untrod Tripod - (1)
Lady Lambdadelta

Not voting - (2):
Flipping Awesome,
Shadoweh

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1:
3rd of June at 2:15am
Irish Time - countdown: (expired on 2014-06-02 21:15:00)[/color][/area]

Venmar will be lynched with 6 votes this day phase.

Plum is V/LA.
In post 2559, Cerulean wrote:
In post 2380, Lost Butterfly wrote:

Day 4, VC 3
Venmar
(7) -
Cerulean,
Nero Cain
, Untrod Tripod, Nobody Special,
Tim Howard
Venmar,
Sheep Thor or Sheep Majiffy

Not voting - (5):
Shadoweh, Zdenek
, Plum, Flipping Awesome, xRECKONERx

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1:
17th of June at 3:30pm
Irish Time - countdown: (expired on 2014-06-16 22:30:45)[/color]
Plum is V/la. Tammy's head is V/la.[/area]
In post 2560, Cerulean wrote:
In post 2539, Lost Butterfly wrote:
Day 5, VC 8
Tim Howard
- (5):
Cerulean
, Untrod Tripod, Nobody Special, xRECKONERx, Flipping Awesome
Nobody Special - (1):
Tim Howard

Not voting - (3):
Zdenek
, Plum, [/color]
Nero Cain

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day 5:
18th of June at 9:45pm
Irish Time - countdown: (expired on 2014-06-18 16:45:21)

Nero Cain is V/la[/area]
Day 5

I'm not the best at VCA, but in the last game I played I tried to do it and came out with a placeholder for scum, so don't yell at me for not doing it *right*. I'll give some thoughts when I read. (Though I think I'm about to play some skype mafia so my attention might be divided for a bit. Sorry if I seem distracted as I tried to reread.)
Um i'm sorry that's all i can do right now. I'll try to do something tomorrow. So to be continued. I'll try to finish this tomorrow anyway, I'm back to hating everything about this site.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2805 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:56 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In other news my doc is still restricted to people who haven't been the third vote on a wagon. I'll show you the lists when I have real internet, but the "why didnt he do x" is a dumb game because not everyone was on the table every night
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2806 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:48 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

This sure was a lot of wall posts.
green shirt thursdays
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2807 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:24 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Here Reck I'll requote this for you.
In post 2728, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 2714, xRECKONERx wrote:Because they never expressed suspicion of me. My use of the ability was to try and use HOT OR NOT to dissuade people who suspected me from suspecting me -- akin to how I'd invent stuff to give my biggest suspects to keep them from suspecting me.

BTW MASHUPS & MAFIA FINALE IS LIVE NOW
That explanation makes perfect sense as scum...
Plus here you're saying you didn't use it on someone you suspected because you only used it on people suspecting you, whereas earlier you said you used it on people suspecting you instead of suspects of your own because you had no suspects.
In post 2647, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 2611, xRECKONERx wrote:#2 my philosophy both nights was to target the person who was most vocal about wanting me lynched or who I at least remembered expressing interest in lynching me the previous day, I think. I definitely know I did that with Sixty & Nero, and I'm assuming Venmar too if it followed the same train of thought
Why not on a scumread?
-SleepyKrew
In post 2648, xRECKONERx wrote:because i have had like no scumreads this entire game
VOTE: Reck
I'm all ears about Plum, and any explanation you might have for this.
-SleepyKrew
-SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2808 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:28 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 2805, Untrod Tripod wrote:In other news my doc is still restricted to people who haven't been the third vote on a wagon. I'll show you the lists when I have real internet, but the "why didnt he do x" is a dumb game because not everyone was on the table every night
Look forward to it. In the meantime, I'll requote these for you.
In post 2770, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 2766, Untrod Tripod wrote:And yeah I guess he could but im really not going to drink that wine
"My townread is based on something that he easily could do as scum, but I'll doc him."
That's not pointless WIFOM. That's something you should actually think about and try to figure out.
-SleepyKrew
In post 2772, SleepyKrew wrote:Oh UT who did you protect the other nights and how come you didn't claim those protects as well?
-SleepyKrew
-SleepyKrew
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2809 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2648, xRECKONERx wrote:because i have had
no scumreads this entire game
Tim Howard was the closest thing I had to a scumread but you can even see me second guessing and doubting myself the whole time.
green shirt thursdays
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2810 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:39 pm

Post by Flipping Awesome »

On page 30 right now and I reached the next Plum wall. I don't like this one either.
In post 725, Plum wrote:I'd argue that NS isn't an easy target inasmuch as he is not easy to get traction on, only easy for others to dismiss as an easy target. Or maybe I'm just shit this game so far due to a combination of internal and external factors. He may be an easy target, and I'm not super confident in my read here, but a read it is, will I or nill I.
You defend your position that NS isn't an easy target and then undermine it by saying that you may just be <expletive> this game due to a combination of vague "internal" and "external" factors. You then say that he may be an easy target after all, negating your previous statement and defend that it is a still a read "will I or nill I" whatever that means. The entire paragraph here says nothing at all other than NS may or may not be easy target.
In post 725, Plum wrote:I do believe NS is deliberately blending into the background. I think the placement of his votes is opportunistic - not in the traditional overblown "lol I can take advantage of it to drive a Shadoweh lynch here and now!" but come out of a desire to take advantage of certain things in the gamestate. I think that was possibly the case with his TH vote and more likely than that was the case for his Shadoweh vote. The stagnation of the Shadoweh wagon is largely to his discredit in this matter.
This is really vague. I at least like that you made a direct accusation i.e. NS blending in but then use really hedgy and flowery language to describe NS's votes.
In post 725, Plum wrote: Take a look at the others on it: CDB I'm meh on, but he's interacted about the way the wagon he basically started has been moving a little, at least. I feel there's a reasonable chance he's sincere even though he's minimally readable overall.
So, you are basically dismissing CDB as town for no reason. If he is minimally readable overall, why do clear him in a faux-POE of the Shadoweh wagon to go after NS? Your "townread" on CDB is incredibly weak, too. Why is mere interaction with the wagon he started point to him being town?
In post 725, Plum wrote:Chamber, besides other Townish signals, I think is also showing honesty about the wagon he's on and how it's developing.
This is again really vague. I can buy having a gut townread but your reasoning here reads as somewhat contrived. "Honesty about the wagon he's on?" What does that even mean?
In post 725, Plum wrote:Same with Cerulean (the distractions/multiple foci/getting into arguments with the target all normal). Is it *typical* of NS to do what he's doing? To place this sort of vote and just not give a damn, even though for someone complaining of the pervasive Day 1 malaise in this game, his hook on the game is much stronger and more useful than, say, mine: he having convictions that the one he's wagoning is scum, and she has the largest wagon? Meh.

To votehop a series of bad, irrelevant nonwagons like Rack when he'd done as little as Reck, skip over to the momentarily popular TH wagon, Shdoweh, quick vote off onto me because everything is meta (and for me, being meta is suffering), back to Shadoweh just kinda because? The wagons here that had meaning because they were large or controversial were there for him to merely be on, not remotely participate in.

To hell with it, I'd take that fourth wagon vote twice in a row, no drive, trajectory-obscuring thing as scum. I might well be wrong. And I don't feel super confident about anything here because it all sucks, mkay, will try to get myself together here and IRL, but for the time being, NS.
What I hate about this post is that there is no conviction and no real scumhunting drive behind Plum's posting. It feels like too much surface level analysis that is meant to look good but doesn't feel as if Plum thought she actually caught scum that she was pushing.
In post 725, Plum wrote:Sixty, I'd have even said you're right about me being on a nonwagon no one will follow except that every possible wagon has been completely stagnant for about three days and that I'm far from the only one complaining of horrible Day 1 unmooredness, but for you, MIRACLES. They come cheap.

MIRACLES:

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Tim Howard

You are also on a bad wagon for mediocre reasons and ALSO a wagon that should have gone further and stalled and retreated later than it did, huh. If we want to move things? We'll move them. I'll try to help.

V/LA through Tuesday evening, more Passover :shifty:
And now she switches over to Tim Howard upon Sixty's request. Granted this is just D1 and Plum's D2 posts are better so I'll get to them soon.
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2811 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:48 pm

Also Tammy, I actually agree NS replacing out points against NS/Reck team. I'll provide more thoughts in a bit.
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2812 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:33 pm

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2813 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:43 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 2809, xRECKONERx wrote:
Tim Howard was the closest thing I had to a scumread but you can even see me second guessing and doubting myself the whole time.
Alright probably last question.
If your play has not been helpful to the town, and you are aware of this, why did you use your power for survivalistic purposes when there were (probably) better uses?
-SleepyKrew
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2814 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:02 pm

Okay, re-read through the UT meta I posted above. Note, I was scum in that game but some of the meta part of the analysis was genuine.

UT definitely buddies townies as scum as well as interacts with his scumbuddies in a way that looks like town-scum. His interactions with Venmar aren't unfakeable nor do I believe UT/Reck team is particularly unlikely.

What I do believe is unlikely is a UT/Plum team. UT's response to Plum engaging him was to evade her and say that he has no interest in letting her lead a discussion about him. Reading from onwards should make that clear. I don't think UT as scum would miss the chance to engage and refute her arguments.

I also think that he wouldn't have reacted the way he did if he and Plum had decided N1 that they would orchestrate scum theater.

I believe the scum are one of {Reck, SleepyKrew} and one of {UT, Plum}.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2815 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:10 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Spoiler: vca i started before i went nutso
Day 1, VC 42
Tim Howard - (3):
Zdenek
, Plum, xRECKONERx
Venmar
- (2):
chamber, Katsuki

xRECKONERx - (1):
Lady Lambdadelta

Plum - (2):
Flipping Awesome,
Cerulean

Katsuki - (10):
Venmar
Sixty
, Untrod Tripod,[/color]
Nero Cain
, Sheep Majiffy or Thor
sangres
- (1):
kanyeknowsbest

Not voting - (0):
--

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1:
26th of April at 5pm
CDB is V/la
[/area]
Last count of day one.

In post 2556, Cerulean wrote:
Day 1, VC 42
Tim Howard - (3):
Zdenek
, Plum, xRECKONERx
Venmar
- (2):
chamber, Katsuki

xRECKONERx - (1):
Lady Lambdadelta

Plum - (2):
Flipping Awesome,
Cerulean

Katsuki - (10):
Venmar
Sixty
, Untrod Tripod,[/color]
Nero Cain
, Sheep Majiffy or Thor
sangres
- (1):
kanyeknowsbest

Not voting - (0):
--

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1:
26th of April at 5pm
CDB is V/la
[/area]
Last count of day one.

fixed uh
I'm not sure there's much to be learned from day one other than Nero and Venmar aren't scum together? Unless you want to say Venmar and Nero were partners and they did that ballsy hey vote me teeehee when I think that Venmar quite obviously pulled a trollish move there. What's also hard to parse about this lynch is that this was a lynch pushed pretty hard based on meta, and when someone has that much conviction, and look town themselves, it's something that is likely to go through and both scum and town can be "convinced" by it. I mean kanye obviously tried to pull the wk vote the pursuer avenue, and if it weren't for the vengekill, he might have been able to use that to tunnel sangres the next day. One would expect some kind of spreading out of the votes here though.

In post 2557, Cerulean wrote:
In post 1986, Lost Butterfly wrote:
Day 2, VC 28
kanyeknowsbest
- (8):
Plessiez, Zdenek, Tim Howard
, Plum, Flipping Awesome, [/color]
Nero Cain
, Nobody Special,
Cerulean

Nero Cain - (7):
Shadoweh
Venmar
Lady Lambdadelta
, xRECKONERx,
kanyeknowsbest
, Untrod Tripod,
chamber

Not voting - (0):
--

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1:
11th of May at 8:10pm
Irish Time - countdown: (expired on 2014-05-11 15:10:00)[/color]
No one is V/la.[/area]
Day Two
Now if I had a scumputer ala dgb or moi, I'd probably be able to make good sense of this. So far there are more town on kanye than on Nero, and two flipped scum on Nero. Now normally you'd think there would be a bus here, as a lot of people are bussers. I'll have to look back at abarat, but I think ut is a busser, I don't think reck typically is, idk on plum or nobody special. I'd have to look back at water world. If they were careful to split their votes day one, they definitely didn't have the chance to here. They had to pick a side. The one thing that keeps niggling me about this lynch is reck getting after me for not voting and being concerned I was going to cause a no lynch. Of he was concerned about that why not just move onto kanye. I'm repeating myself here about this but

In post 2558, Cerulean wrote:
In post 2309, Lost Butterfly wrote:
Day 3, VC 14
Lady Lambdadelta
- (7)
chamber
, Untrod Tripod, T
im Howard,
xRECKONERx,
Zdenek, Cerulean
Venmar

Venmar -
(3)
[/color]
Nero Cain
, Plum, Nobody Special
Untrod Tripod - (1)
Lady Lambdadelta

Not voting - (2):
Flipping Awesome,
Shadoweh

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1:
3rd of June at 2:15am
Irish Time - countdown: (expired on 2014-06-02 21:15:00)[/color][/area]

Venmar will be lynched with 6 votes this day phase.

Plum is V/LA.
In post 2559, Cerulean wrote:
In post 2380, Lost Butterfly wrote:

Day 4, VC 3
Venmar
(7) -
Cerulean,
Nero Cain
, Untrod Tripod, Nobody Special,
Tim Howard
Venmar,
Sheep Thor or Sheep Majiffy

Not voting - (5):
Shadoweh, Zdenek
, Plum, Flipping Awesome, xRECKONERx

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1:
17th of June at 3:30pm
Irish Time - countdown: (expired on 2014-06-16 22:30:45)[/color]
Plum is V/la. Tammy's head is V/la.[/area]
In post 2560, Cerulean wrote:
In post 2539, Lost Butterfly wrote:
Day 5, VC 8
Tim Howard
- (5):
Cerulean
, Untrod Tripod, Nobody Special, xRECKONERx, Flipping Awesome
Nobody Special - (1):
Tim Howard

Not voting - (3):
Zdenek
, Plum, [/color]
Nero Cain

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day 5:
18th of June at 9:45pm
Irish Time - countdown: (expired on 2014-06-18 16:45:21)

Nero Cain is V/la[/area]
Day 5

I'm not the best at VCA, but in the last game I played I tried to do it and came out with a placeholder for scum, so don't yell at me for not doing it *right*. I'll give some thoughts when I read. (Though I think I'm about to play some skype mafia so my attention might be divided for a bit. Sorry if I seem distracted as I tried to reread.)
Um i'm sorry that's all i can do right now. I'll try to do something tomorrow. So to be continued. I'll try to finish this tomorrow anyway, I'm back to hating everything about this site.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2816 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Disregard that please, I meant to save it to drafts while I looked at something.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2817 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:02 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2813, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 2809, xRECKONERx wrote:
Alright probably last question.
If your play has not been helpful to the town, and you are aware of this, why did you use your power for survivalistic purposes when there were (probably) better uses?
-SleepyKrew
I have two thoughts about this:

1) I didn't know how else to use my ability, my default play was something like survival, but...

2) I thought using my ability each night would confirm myself to that person, a la a fruit vendor, and given the power roles we'd be able to determine there was no way I committed the kills. A confirmed slot is useful.
green shirt thursdays
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2818 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:46 pm

Reck, you said that you initially voted Kanye because you thought Zdenek was crumbing a guilty which makes sense from the first two of the following posts. But why did you vote Kanye again after unvoting and voting Tim Howard?
In post 1248, xRECKONERx wrote:VOTE: Kanye
In post 1260, xRECKONERx wrote:I wish I had anything interesting to add but I don't.

I kinda jumped on the kanye train for reasons I don't want to make public.
In post 1369, xRECKONERx wrote:VOTE: Tim Howard

baaaaaaaaah
In post 1583, xRECKONERx wrote:VOTE: kanye
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2819 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:27 pm

Here are links to Plum's town and scum games:

Plum

TOWN: Mini 1537: Attack on Titan, Mini 1538: Powerful Wizards, Mini 1531: Mafia Pinnipedum
SCUM: Mini 1501: We're on a Boat, POWERFUL WIZARD MAFIA, Open 298: Follow the Cop, Might of Mordor

Reading through Plum's posts on Attack On Titan, there is a world of difference between her posts here and her posts there. In AOT, she came across as very direct, inquisitive, and aggressive in a way I don't think she can fake. She exudes confidence in her pushes that look like she actually believes what she is doing. A brief example below:

Subject: Mini 1537: ATTACK ON TITAN (Game Over!)
In post 117, Plum wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: Paschendale
In post 119, Plum wrote:Because he's scum.
She also occasionally does cases as evidenced by the following post:
In post 497, Plum wrote:Kaze: Pasche literally and directly misrepped Kagami. He stated that she pretended that Weak meant Normal Weak even though she knew that wasn't true - but she
never
did so; from the beginning she stated clearly that it
wasn't
Normal Weak. So, besides an outright lie and a bunch of fallacious accusations that I lied -

Spoiler: This is really tl;dr because cases are scummy, yo
When Kagami said what Weak signified, Pasche posted a meaty post that did not mention anything concrete about the topic at hand besides 'not being swayed one way or the other' by Bert's Miller claim - the easiest stance for scum at that point. He didn't even bother to say 'I saw what Kagami just posted and [any follow up, even just 'I'm not sure what to make of this']. His post was constructed out of whatever he could say - and stuff easy for scum to say, too -
before
Kagami's bombshell, and he just went with making the post and ignoring it as best he could.

When prompted
about this, he takes the stance that Kagami was outright rolefishing. He here makes the blatantly false claim I noted at the beginning of this post. His opinion that Kagami was trying to out non-Weak for scum benefit is almost certainly contrived. His 'case' against me is scummy as hell:
In post 177, Paschendale wrote:Plum is mainly just a reaction to her tone, but she did go along with Kagami right away. She was one of the few not to react with "what's a weak miller?" My asking that was another thing I amended in my first post right before submitting it. But Plum fell in line right away. In general, though, her posts contain quips, emotes, and unsupported votes. But nothing resembling cases or opinions.
Try harder. Try harder telling me I lied about stuff. Seriously. That's one of the scummiest cases I've seen in a while. It is all buzzwords. It contains no explanation of why any of those things - assuming I behaved that way - are scummy.

You know what? Remember how CTD found me out in Boat? 'Assess posts based on how hard they'd be to fake for scum.' So. Looks at Post #115, Post #398. Look at them in context. Tell me that they're not easy to make and fake as scum, especially given context. Tell me that those cases aren't contrived and lacking in actual substance. Tell me Pasche is scumhunting. Tell me it's not just words words words. Go on.
Plum says that scum rarely make themselves as obvious to her as Pasch did in that game so I took a look at another game to see how she posts. Reading through her ISO in the Wizards game, her posts there came across as a lot more fakeable and much less obvtown. One thing I did notice though is that she's genuinely trying to figure the game out and interact with a lot of people. Structurally her posts in both AOT and Wizards seem similar. A lot of short posts, one liners, responses and questions with the occasional "case" as shown in AOT.

There is a massive world of difference in her posts in her scumgames both structurally and in content. Most of her scumposts are long, quote-striped walls and feel less spontaneous than her shorter posts. This is true in all four of the scumgames I linked above. Tonally, she comes across as a lot more hedgy as she does here. Most of her early posts are fluffy walls that don't say or do much. She barely commits to positions. There are minor similarities in her positions here and in the Wizards game but major differences from AOT in every way imaginable. I'm going to go into a more detailed meta dive to be sure. I lean scum at this point but I'm not certain.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2820 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:33 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I don't actually remember. Was it something to do with a deadline? I didn't think I had voted kanye, I thought I had pushed Nero Cain at deadline.
green shirt thursdays
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2821 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:38 pm

I linked the post where you voted him. It is the last quote. And it wasn't near deadline at all.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2822 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:45 pm

Post by Cerulean »

can someone please shoot me?

I mean my vca analysis mostly turned into a big ball of nothing, but making sure I was logged in before I submitted aparently is not in my fucking vocabulary, so losing it is frustrating regardless.

deep breath, try again.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2823 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Post by Cerulean »

how come as I hit my back browser it keeps pulling up that last post and not the other one?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2824 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:51 pm

Post by Cerulean »

actually i didn't try to submit I tried to preview to make sure the quote tages were right, but is there no way to get back to that?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”