Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:33 am

Post by Young and Beautiful »

I like Venmar. He agrees with me.

I dislike Always. Snape is overrated.

- y -
WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME WHEN I'M NO LONGER YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL? ... (I KNOW YOU WILL)
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:34 am

Why, Mr. Cephrir, I believe I've found another pagetop! Hooray!

- y -
WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME WHEN I'M NO LONGER YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL? ... (I KNOW YOU WILL)
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:37 am

Post by shos »

VOTE: xofelf
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Abomination
Abomination
Goon
Abomination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:43 am

Post by Abomination »

^^^^^content
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:46 am

This is your first post in 82+102 posts. As a monstrous hydra...

How does that make you feel?

- y -
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:56 am

Post by shos »

In post 628, Abomination wrote:^^^^^content
yes please
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Abomination
Abomination
Goon
Abomination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by Abomination »

In post 629, Young and Beautiful wrote:This is your first post in 82+102 posts. As a monstrous hydra...

How does that make you feel?

- y -
It makes me feel pretty good, since everyone was SO AFRAID we'd spam and flood this thread to hell that we needed to be policy lynched ASAP. How did that work out?

I'm feeling pretty solid about our scumreads atm (Shos, Nero), I'm feeling better about Iece recently in general, not feeling great about you atm, but yeah. That's my feelings.

Mind telling me in 10 words or less why you are scum?

Failing that (unfortunately people don't fall for that as often as I like), would you mind explaining your 'Cop debatical" from a few pages ago? I'm struggling to see where the pro-town mindset of that comes from.
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:08 pm

That was my other head, but I actually agree with them on some accounts. It's ridiculous to say that we're scum because they suggested to a hypothetical Cop who to target at night. I don't get why people are screaming about it at all!

- y -
Abomination
Abomination
Goon
Abomination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by Abomination »

It's ridiculous to scumread you for that one thing, but it's not crazy to be critical of you for it.
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:14 pm

Who
's speaking here?

- y -
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by Egg »

Always wrote:And equally as defining a trait is that a scum player getting wagoned is much more difficult to wagon, since one team is going to try and keep their scumbuddy alive at all costs.
But with two scum teams, each team is half the size that they'd be with one team. So that's only half the resistance if we are assuming they wouldn't bus/distance.
Always wrote:There's a reason I call the wagon a bit boring. We learn shos's alignment. Yay. What do we learn aside from that? Anything? Nope, not really.
Are you even being serious right now?
Nero wrote:Also what is the difference between what Xofelf did and what Clyton did?
What exactly did Cly do?
Always wrote:Stop misrepping. I meant what I said. Rhageo's action looked vaguely pro-town because when going beneath shallow surface-level play, there was a hint of a potential townposting that I latched onto. Multiball makes that more sketchy, because scum have the ability to, and early-game are practically near-guaranteed to be, legitimately scumhunting. Which makes the action harder to pin down. It's either town scumhunting or scum scumhunting, but while I overall lean the former, it's a tough call to make.
I was asking for clarification because I didn't understand where you were coming from. How is doing so a misrep? I guess I get it now though. Sort of.
Always wrote:There is no lack of scumhunting. If you see a lack of scumhunting in Rhageo, you're an idiot, alignment-regardless. Because his alignment regardless, Rhageo has been scumhunting quite blatantly in his posts, just subtly. To answer, I haven't been able to lock down one way or the other whether it's town or not, but with the slightest of leans towards town. Basically, I feel that going for subtle-scumhunting has very little payoff for scum in comparison to more obvious tactics. Shallow play, deeper play. Rhageo's closer to the latter. Which has more reward as town than as scum.
Guess I'm an idiot then because I see coasting and not doing a whole lot.

Mastin, as for the thing about last game, saying you know you'd have seen the same thing as town as you claimed to see as scum is just wrong. So wrong. On so many levels. And your logic there was ridiculously flawed there. And it's because you weren't being legitimate. AP saw it too. And there is absolutely no way you can have a town read on me before I even posted here. Because the fact I hadn't posted tells you nothing except that I was working, sleeping, then working again in that time. In between shifts, I saw a bunch of pages and said fuck it I'll wait for days off. That is 100% null. But it's pointless to debate and we both know why so this is the last I have to say about it.
Always wrote:I'll get around to this in a bit. Running short on time. Short version, posts I quote aren't necessarily the basis of the read; they can be, but could be earlier or later, depending on when I hit submit.
Whether it was those posts or not, I was just wondering where the reads came from...

Moogle, my issue with Iec's 417 should be obvious. He said he didn't have a read on Cly but would call him town because everyone else was. No sense of paranoia that it's the scum calling him town because they are his buddies or anything. No independent scum hunting. Just letting everyone else read a player and blindly following everyone else's reads. And my joking around depends more on playerlist, mood, and gamestate than my alignment.
There's also the possibility you're failing to recognize - the scum in question are reluctant to extend a helping hand to their failing scumpartner.

I mean, consider the current state of the game at the moment. Like mentioned, the game feels relatively RVSy and easy-going still. Now, how would it look if a scumpartner tried to defend shos at this stage of the game, even subtly?

Also worth mentioning is that this is a fucking HUGE game and despite having something like eight votes shos is far from in danger of being lynched and not in need of saving in the slightest bit.[/quote]

This kind of looks like it could be a Shos scumpartner...
Always wrote:Key phrases highlighted.
Ok, yeah? There was a question there too... As for the Shos wagon, if that's how you feel about the votes on it, including mine, I guess you know me better than I know myself. I wasn't joking when I voted him and the fact that I think he's a much better lynch than Abomination factored in quite a bit.

Y+B, I'm good at reading Mastin and I'm pretty sure she's town. That's why I'm getting frustrated lol. Well, that and my mood affects my reading/posting and it's been a very rough day realizing I'm 900 bucks short on my bills this pay period and someone just cashed a check he told me to send and he wouldn't cash until I said the money was there and guess what? The money isn't there so I got fucked. But yeah, I'm going with Mastin is town right now. Cop isn't necessary. It will make sense around Day 3 or 4 for sure.
AP wrote:
I have no idea? I'm probably going to wait until after I've read everything
before I try and figure out who we want to compromise on
The bolded looks like you've made up your mind that you are going to disagree with Iec's reads. Predetermined reads before reading the thread aren't something town has.

I can see the case on Y+B. I don't completely disagree with it. Just throwing that out there.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 624, Venmar wrote:TSO, why does it seem that you're trying to make it look like you're doing something when you're really not?
Why does it seem like that? It doesn't really seem like that to me - I'm questioning a read I believe to be falsified.

Do -you- have any reason why, you know, you're being hard townread by mastin for nothing? I don't.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

In post 635, Egg wrote:
AP wrote:I have no idea? I'm probably going to wait until after I've read everything
before I try and figure out who we want to compromise on
The bolded looks like you've made up your mind that you are going to disagree with Iec's reads. Predetermined reads before reading the thread aren't something town has.
AP and I have already discussed a lot of people and he's done isos and such. It's not true that he hasn't read the thread. I think he's also at least skimmed the first 10 pages or so.

So far our views are actually pretty similar from what I can tell, so I don't know what disagreement his compromise language is intended to reference. I suppose I'll find out soon.

Our main difference is that we have different approaches to the game. That's the only thing where syncing might be valuable from my POV. But I suppose I'll get used to it either way.

-Iec
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 631, Abomination wrote:I'm feeling pretty solid about our scumreads atm (Shos
just wanted to point out the absolute hypocrisy in T-Bone blasting me for scumreading Shos while he himself is scumreading Shos but it doesn't matter 'cause this is scum.
In post 635, Egg wrote:What exactly did Cly do?
defended the pl on Abomination.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

^ Oh, I just logged over to comment on that Egg quote.

That is pretty contrived there, Egg. I don't have any jarring disagreements with Iec that I can think of, but the word compromise still is an appropriate word for this situation. "Compromise" does not necessarily imply that there are strong divergences in opinion, rather...that its a joint effort to turn multiple frames of mind into a unified action.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by Egg »

ok
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by geists »

In post 311, Clyton wrote:I'll catch up tomorrow (at the very least, Monday afternoon) and post my thoughts in my next post in this game. Apologies.
It's wednesday afternoon.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by geists »

In post 455, Birds of Prey wrote:Wow. Lots of going over the weekend. Got our avatar uploaded and will need to sync up with PV.

Young and Beautiful, about how many games have each of you played?

- Preying Mantis -
This is the closest thing to content in your 3 post ISO.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by geists »

In post 371, xofelf wrote:
Unvote

@Egg: Am I really extra touchy? I'm not intending to be. It's also been years since we last played and a lot of things have changed for both of us. Why wouldn't play style be one of them?

Katsuki's multiposting feels weird to me. It could be I'm not a fan of multi-posts since it's not that difficult to open a second tab just for a reply. But I don't think it's just that. Can't quite put my finger on it.
are you lurking off the attention?
Abomination
Abomination
Goon
Abomination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by Abomination »

In post 638, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 631, Abomination wrote:I'm feeling pretty solid about our scumreads atm (Shos
just wanted to point out the absolute hypocrisy in T-Bone blasting me for scumreading Shos while he himself is scumreading Shos but it doesn't matter 'cause this is scum.
TROLOLOLOL.

Oh hey guys I just wanted to point out that I'm scumreading Nero for the things I said in #439.... but thanks Nero for the blatant misrep right there. :thumbsup:

Guys, if you want a scumlynch, it's time to ride the Nero train. Like, this is a pretty desperate post he made.
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:56 pm

Egg is my favorite. I prefer soft-boiled over anything else, of course.

- y -
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

Point of regard, can we nip the "No U don't have any content!!" posts in the bud? Seriously it doesn't really lead anywhere relevant. Lurkers will lurk. Some are town. Some aren't. Telling them they are lurking won't make them post more.
P-edit: I might support Nero after I get caught up and depending. What is mastin's read on Nero?
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:58 pm

Hmmm. Perhaps an exclamation point would do much better to set the tone of our post above, no?

- y -
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

PV and Mantis being lurksacks doesn't necessarily strike me as scummy.
In post 644, Abomination wrote:
In post 638, Nero Cain wrote:
TROLOLOLOL.

Oh hey guys I just wanted to point out that I'm scumreading Nero for the things I said in #439.... but thanks Nero for the blatant misrep right there. :thumbsup:
yeah....this says nothing about why you are scumreading me...but FTR...are you denying that you ever blasted me over scumreading "popular" wagons?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 646, AngryIcerink wrote:P-edit: I might support Nero after I get caught up and depending. What is mastin's read on Nero?
bring it, scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”