Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by Alina »

I think we're a bit past RVS.

farside22
keeps saying things that I've thought/things I agree with. It's nice. I don't like clusks , either, mainly. I also am leaning towards wake just being psychotown.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by Alina »

The ninja thing didn't work for me again ugh
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by Sharpest-knife-on-tree »

seriously, you all put Wake to L-3. Fair warning if you are playing run him up and let things sit without a claim that does not happen when I am in the game. I will post Intent to hammer as soon as someone is at L-1. It is how I play and what I am used to.
The run up of wake seems silly to me, but hey it is a day one make up a reason to run someone up on the first page stuff anyway.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:49 pm

In post 149, TheAdrienC wrote:
In post 147, Sharpest-knife-on-tree wrote:random.org=13
VOTE: vote Farside
Whoa, whoa, whoa!! What the hell is this?

HoS sharpest
Hump of suspicion
Horn of suspicion
Hellcat of suspicion
Hell of suspicion
Harp on Shit.... must mean that... (I think I will use that when people start harping on silly things)
FYI, it is what I do... always gets a reaction to... at least so far. The day it stops generating reaction then we shall see....
:mrgreen:
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by TheAdrienC »

You'd hammer someone you don't think is scum? Opportunistic much?
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:50 pm

In post 150, Alina wrote:I think we're a bit past RVS.

farside22
keeps saying things that I've thought/things I agree with. It's nice. I don't like clusks , either, mainly. I also am leaning towards wake just being psychotown.
hey, it is how I start a game, I don't care if the game generated 6 pages while I am gone. My game opening does not alter from page one to page 21 (if I were to actually be that late in the game). (Replacing in is not related to said statement.)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 150, Alina wrote:I think we're a bit past RVS.

farside22
I'm a bit paranoid when people follow me.
Can you explain what you don't like about that post?

*puts SNOT on ignore*

Sigh that's better maybe a stuff drink too.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by shaddowez »

Wow, a lot has happened since I've placed my RVS vote. I realize it's a newbie game vs a non-newbie game, but it's interesting to see how much more activity is already going on D1 in this game than my last, even with the longer phase.

On to details:
In post 28, HunterSeeker wrote:VOTE: Not_Mafia

Thanks for the replies guys. I was super town just from asking that question. At least I 100% townread my self.
Posted before the confirms finished, but this a little off-putting. I'd say trying to convince everyone you're town by asking a question is a bit of a scumread, but he hasn't posted anything else at all since the day actually started for me to support that with.
In post 50, Wake1 wrote:Let's put some on this little nut for his maybe-slip: VOTE: Not-Mafia.

Now, Scarab, why exactly are you voting NM? He may be a nut, and an innocent one at that, so why be such a hardass on him? Probably capitalizing on the gaffe, eh? FoS: Scarab.
In post 50, Wake1 wrote:FoS Farside and TheAdrienC for dubious actions needing explanation. Get cracking.
I know this one's been mentioned quite a few times already, but for completion sake wanted to put it in there. Voting for somebody and using FoS on people for the exact same reason is definitely scummy. Additionally, while his math was wrong, Adrien did put a reason into his vote post.
In post 63, Wake1 wrote:Checking reactions. :P
I don't agree that saying your checking for reactions is very smart, but I'm also not sure it's scummy.
In post 64, Salamence20 wrote:
Wake88 wrote:Checking reactions. :P
In post 58, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 56, Wake1 wrote:Interesting. NM's paranoia here raises him a bit into the Townie list.
VOTE: wake

RVS over. Serious vote.
Nope. Ive seen town called scum for what NM did. The fact you called him town based on his reaction tells me you know he will flip town. Also you havent unvoted.

Hes caught. Lets go
This, however, I agree with. I was very defensive in my last game about an RVS vote (other site I played on didn't do it this way), and has most people pegging me as scum (which I wasn't).
In post 138, BP wrote:MY GOD, you guys posted while I was slavin away. Let's see if I can post on the phone...

VOTE: VOTE: Wake88

FoSing and voting all that people reads scum! scattering Town apart so we lose ourselves on misinformation rather than actually scum hunting. It is meant to keep people confused and to be a sort of town leader in case he "detects" a scumread among all his FoSes.

It is a lie.
BP mentions not scumhunting here, but all he's done is jump on a wagon. A little more info would be nice here.
With over 3 pages worth of actual posts and voting, why still use a Random Vote? Do you have no reads at all yet?
In post 89, Scarab wrote:
In post 74, Clusk92 wrote:
In post 60, Scarab wrote:
Unvote: Not_Mafia

Vote: Wake88

What the fuck...?
Missed this post, why did you change vote, was it because he FoSed you?
Do you actually think based on his post that this is the most likely reason?
Scarab, you still haven't actually answered this question.

Currently have
Alina
as a town read based purely on the fact she's playing very similarly to our last game. As it's Day 1, this could change.
UNVOTE:

VOTE: BP
I'd like to see more posts from him with more than just fluff.

P-Edit: This took me a while to write, and there have been quite a few posts since I started, so there may be some redundant info in here.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:54 pm

In post 154, TheAdrienC wrote:You'd hammer someone you don't think is scum? Opportunistic much?
I come from a different place and a different philosophy of play. I do not agree with the sit and play patty cake strategy here. Some others have at least shared the logic so I understand the perspective a little. Where I come from games are run someone up, get a claim, evaluate, make a decision to either lynch or run someone else up. Dueling run ups are always beneficial imo as well. Granted, where I come from things move much faster. But my policy is my policy. If I think someone is town I probably won't be on the vote but if they get to claiming point, there is need to claim. Patty-cake is weak imo.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:55 pm

In post 148, Salamence20 wrote:
I swear you just do this to piss people off.

because it gets a reaction every time

Also RVS is over.
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by TheAdrienC »

In post 158, Sharpest-knife-on-tree wrote:
In post 154, TheAdrienC wrote:You'd hammer someone you don't think is scum? Opportunistic much?
I come from a different place and a different philosophy of play. I do not agree with the sit and play patty cake strategy here. Some others have at least shared the logic so I understand the perspective a little. Where I come from games are run someone up, get a claim, evaluate, make a decision to either lynch or run someone else up. Dueling run ups are always beneficial imo as well. Granted, where I come from things move much faster. But my policy is my policy. If I think someone is town I probably won't be on the vote but if they get to claiming point, there is need to claim. Patty-cake is weak imo.
While I understand your logic, it doesn't mean I agree with it. Sorry, but I'm gonna remain a bit suspicious of you moving forward until info dictates otherwise.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by Aegor »

General call for a policy lynch on SKOT unless he sets aside his moronic policy of pressing for claims on policy at L-1 regardless of whether someone is willing to hammer legitimately.
Please respond to this directly if you would be willing to PL him unless he relents.

In post 144, farside22 wrote:
In post 100, Aegor wrote:
In post 84, farside22 wrote:So you think wakes comments there after is scummy....why?
Because they perpetuate the nonsense that he posted in his initial post (50, I think).
&@ sal:

I'm reading wake as bad town currently.
I would love to here abut more about scum motivation.
Scum motivation? The self-contradiction in has been handwaved as "checking reactions." Do you need more detail? We all need to decide whether Wake is horrible at checking reactions (by telling us that is what he is doing) or scum trying to cover himself by hiding under a bogus defense. Right now, I think he is the latter. That could change. The game has not even been running for a day.
Are you serious?
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:58 pm

In post 157, shaddowez wrote:I know this one's been mentioned quite a few times already, but for completion sake wanted to put it in there. Voting for somebody and using FoS on people for the exact same reason is definitely scummy. Additionally, while his math was wrong, Adrien did put a reason into his vote post.
Typical harping on shit...
doing one thing and saying another in contradictory, it does not by nature make one scum and you will find that most run ups based on such harping on shit result in mislynch... you do not actually find scum by engaging in Harping on Shit. Now, harping on shit can get good reactions and other interactions from the player that can reveal more and a run up is a run up is a run up. But this is just basic Harp on shit.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:01 pm

In post 161, Aegor wrote:
General call for a policy lynch on SKOT unless he sets aside his moronic policy of pressing for claims on policy at L-1 regardless of whether someone is willing to hammer legitimately.
Please respond to this directly if you would be willing to PL him unless he relents.

In post 84, farside22 wrote:So you think wakes comments there after is scummy....why?
Because they perpetuate the nonsense that he posted in his initial post (50, I think).
&@ sal:

Scum motivation? The self-contradiction in has been handwaved as "checking reactions." Do you need more detail? We all need to decide whether Wake is horrible at checking reactions (by telling us that is what he is doing) or scum trying to cover himself by hiding under a bogus defense. Right now, I think he is the latter. That could change. The game has not even been running for a day.
Are you serious?
ah, trying to take out the Bully stick, I do not respond well to bully stick behavior
Vote Aegor
... non-sense....but this probably means you are town but absolute bullying behavior meant to enforce and engage in group think and "borg mindset." (FYI for those that engage in HoS, this vote is meant at as slap in his face)
Also you have already been in games with me but do not know what has and has not finished.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:02 pm

In post 160, TheAdrienC wrote:
In post 158, Sharpest-knife-on-tree wrote:
While I understand your logic, it doesn't mean I agree with it. Sorry, but I'm gonna remain a bit suspicious of you moving forward until info dictates otherwise.
you should be suspicious of everyone till info dictates otherwise.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by Alina »

*puts SNOT on ignore*

It's actually kind of hard for me to put my suspicion into words, I sat here for like 5 minutes trying to figure out how to phrase it. It just feels kind of off in general. It might be the wording. It feels like he's setting up so that he can say "oops," if wake flips town.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:03 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 162, Sharpest-knife-on-tree wrote:
In post 157, shaddowez wrote:I know this one's been mentioned quite a few times already, but for completion sake wanted to put it in there. Voting for somebody and using FoS on people for the exact same reason is definitely scummy. Additionally, while his math was wrong, Adrien did put a reason into his vote post.
doing one thing and saying another in contradictory, it does not by nature make one scum and you will find that most run ups based on such harping on shit result in mislynch... you do not actually find scum by engaging in Harping on Shit. Now, harping on shit can get good reactions and other interactions from the player that can reveal more and a run up is a run up is a run up. But this is just basic Harp on shit.
Would you care to give us your reads on Wake then? Additionally, you'll notice that I didn't vote for Wake at this point in time.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:03 pm

In post 161, Aegor wrote:

&@ sal:

Are you serious?
oh and aegor, such nonsense by and large is playing against win condition at the core... also I was in the game 1st...
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:03 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 163, Sharpest-knife-on-tree wrote:
Vote Aegor
... non-sense....but
this probably means you are town
but absolute bullying behavior meant to enforce and engage in group think and "borg mindset." (FYI for those that engage in HoS, this vote is meant at as slap in his face)
VOTE: SKOT

Also you have already been in games with me but do not know what has and has not finished.
How is that relevant? I am calling for a
policy
lynch. That
by definition
means that your alignment is irrelevant to me.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 165, Alina wrote:

*puts SNOT on ignore*

It's actually kind of hard for me to put my suspicion into words, I sat here for like 5 minutes trying to figure out how to phrase it. It just feels kind of off in general. It might be the wording. It feels like he's setting up so that he can say "oops," if wake flips town.
Not really what I was thinking but interesting POV.

I was more looking at his post of suspicion on sal for asking people to vote for wake, but his next line he has wake as a scum read. This is something of a newb scum tell (well maybe to me) you set up someone suspicious for pushing a lynch that you can point to later. The fact that clusk finds wake the scummiest added to my suspicion of his comment.
Short response: pushing a wagon on a player you find scummy shouldn't bother you when you were following that players logic in the first place.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:12 pm

In post 168, Aegor wrote:
Vote Aegor
... non-sense....but
but absolute bullying behavior meant to enforce and engage in group think and "borg mindset." (FYI for those that engage in HoS, this vote is meant at as slap in his face)

policy
lynch. That
by definition
which means you are playing against win condition. You call for policy lynch because I disagree with you is flat out stupid. Rather then asking me nicely to reconsider my personal policy, you decide the best way is to puff yourself up and take out a bully stick. You signed into a game I signed into before you. You already know how I play. Here, you are deciding that a certain element of play is more to your liking and want to simply eliminate a player who disagrees with the strategy and gives fair warning about the difference. A normal adult way to go about a disagreement like this is something like, hey, I know you see things differently, can you please not do that and try playing our way. No, rather you take a hyper-aggressive approach that is simply down right rude and aggressive. You would rather bully then to ask nicely. Persuasion to a different point of few and style does not come from taking bully stick. So knock the crap off.
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by TheAdrienC »

Scum or not, Sharp, your actions and posts are anti-town. You have to see that.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 168, Aegor wrote:
Vote Aegor
... non-sense....but

policy
lynch. That
by definition
As much as I feel about snot as you do let's not start policy lynching people.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:16 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

@skot, why are you voting aegor?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:16 pm

In post 166, shaddowez wrote:
In post 162, Sharpest-knife-on-tree wrote:
Would you care to give us your reads on Wake then? Additionally, you'll notice that I didn't vote for Wake at this point in time.
Sorry, I was set to answer this and got distracted by Aegor's tantrum...

Wake appears to be engaging the game, he does not seem constricted in his posting. Now he over reacted and engaged in harping on shit (HoS to me) with Not_Mafia joke that is absolutely null. He chose a silly reason to pressure someone as gets done. He also pointed at others whose early action drew his attention. He engaged in behavior that draws immediate heat. Scum usually do not engage in immediate heat seeking behavior unless it is intentional or a mistake. Wake was intentional in his action and appears to be legitimately engaging the game. I see nothing directly indicative of evasive action.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”