farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:12 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 223, TheAdrienC wrote:My top townread is Alina at the moment. Despite his anger and my annoyance at him, I'm pretty sure Aegor is town too. Slightly lesser town reads of mine are farside and not_mafia.

My other scumreads not named Wake are HunterSeeker and boonskiies. Both of them have posted and been online but have not contributed at all or helped us scumhunt. Everyone else I see is pretty null at the moment.
*puts on IC hat*

It's better to tell people your scum reads then town reads. I usually make a list of reads just explaining scum reads. Town reads give scum more info on players others trust.

*takes off IC hat*

No more of that hat till end game.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:18 am

Post by Clusk92 »

In post 224, farside22 wrote:
In post 220, Clusk92 wrote:How is a player ordering/pressuring somebody (twice) to vote for someone
not
manipulative?
Did he threaten the player? No. He made a statement.
Again people have a brain and can decide to vote or not vote.
Telling a player to vote once or twice is not manipulation. It's a request, so far you haven't explained how it manipulation.
Didn't seem like much of a request to me - more like an order. It's manipulation by definition of the word - stop splitting hairs.
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:22 am

Post by TheAdrienC »

Was just answering tn's question, farside. :)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:26 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 226, Clusk92 wrote:
In post 220, Clusk92 wrote:How is a player ordering/pressuring somebody (twice) to vote for someone
not
manipulative?
Telling a player to vote once or twice is not manipulation. It's a request, so far you haven't explained how it manipulation.
Didn't seem like much of a request to me - more like an order. It's manipulation by definition of the word - stop splitting hairs.
Oh you want technical definition?

manipulate[ muh-nip-yuh-leyt ]
verb (used with object) [ma·nip·u·lat·ed, ma·nip·u·lat·ing.]
1. to manage or influence skillfully, especially in an unfair manner: to manipulate people's feelings.
2. to handle, manage, or use, especially with skill, in some process of treatment or performance: to manipulate a large tractor.
3. to adapt or change (accounts, figures, etc.) to suit one's purpose or advantage.

Please point to the one that fits your meaning and how it was skillful.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:31 am

Post by TheAdrienC »

If you truly believe that he is manipulating the town, why aren't you voting for him? Show some backbone. Personally, I believe it was a request than a demand.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:53 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 227, TheAdrienC wrote:Was just answering tn's question, farside. :)
*smacks TN* bad hydra.
In post 229, TheAdrienC wrote:If you truly believe that he is manipulating the town, why aren't you voting for him? Show some backbone. Personally, I believe it was a request than a demand.
Humor me for a moment.

Vote for clusk.

Does that sound like I'm manipulating you?
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:04 am

Post by Salamence20 »

UNVOTE: wake

Til I do reads tonight
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:07 am

Post by TheAdrienC »

In post 230, farside22 wrote:
In post 227, TheAdrienC wrote:Was just answering tn's question, farside. :)
*smacks TN* bad hydra.
In post 229, TheAdrienC wrote:If you truly believe that he is manipulating the town, why aren't you voting for him? Show some backbone. Personally, I believe it was a request than a demand.
Humor me for a moment.

Vote for clusk.

Does that sound like I'm manipulating you?
Sounds like you're just requesting I do it. Not really forcing me to.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:29 am

Post by farside22 »

For the sake of argument these are the post clusk is calling manipulating votes.
In post 113, Salamence20 wrote:What are you doing in a big game like this little boy?

But i digress. Vote Wake and you will be on your way
In post 120, Salamence20 wrote:You forgot a wake vote
I don't see a demand. The first read as tongue and cheek and the other was directed to Alina was to me a joke comment.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:01 am

Post by Wake1 »

You're keeping me busy. Good. I'll keep you guys busy, too. They don't call me a catalyst for nothing. :lol:

In post 79, reinoe wrote:
In post 70, Wake1 wrote:

Reinoe's vote is crappy, too. This is Day 1, folks. Day 1 is nothing
but
paranoia and speculation. :lol:
@farside as well...

I try to always explain my vote. It's almost as if you guys would have preferred naked vote, which is just not my style.

Setup speculation is a dumb timewaster that people do to look busy. And I find that paranoia increases as the game goes on not decreases. That's my personal experience, maybe some other folks are different.
You hardly explained your vote, either. Any average player can look at a post and say "HRMM, setup specualtion, he's using FoSs, he's throwing paranoia around.... I don't like, so ya vote him!" No, stop using lazy generalities. You're playing Town-Wake this game, and he's hungry to get down to the very bones of the matter. No explain to me in no uncertain details EXACTLY WHY you voted for me. The more details the better. Otherwise you just come off as lazy Town or opportunistic Scum. And Setup spec isn't dumb at all when there's valid questions as to what the heck we're playing in. Wait a minute—since when is setup speculation Scummy? Never argued either way that paranoia increases or decreases as the game progresses, so tell us why you felt you needed to bring it up—my sole contention on that front was that Day 1 was pretty much nothing but paranoia and speculation. So voting me for being paranoid and speculating during Day 1 is bogus, because we have no workable information until Day 2. Indeed some other folks are different.
In post 71, farside22 wrote:[
reinoe wrote:post 50 is possibly the worst intro I've ever seen. Setup speculation, suspicious FoS, throwing paranoia around. It's got just about everything I don't want to see.

VOTE: Wake88
This feels tacked on and unnecessary added comments to justify a vote.
Gut call.
That's what I was thinking, too. He's going down on my list a bit. Not sure about you just yet.
In post 74, Clusk92 wrote:
In post 60, Scarab wrote:
Unvote: Not_Mafia

Vote: Wake88

What the fuck...?
Missed this post, why did you change vote, was it because he FoSed you?
See? Another good question as a result of my post.

Maybe I have the terminology wrong, but I made that intro post in order to get a lot of different reactions to gauge, measure, weigh, and respond to. If it's not a reaction test, then it's doing something to stir a wave of reactions to analyze and use.
In post 80, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 78, Wake1 wrote:Incorrect. Every subsequent reaction is valuable. If you have not noticed already, at least two other players have questioned the responses in response to my opening post which started all this fun. :lol:
How will you moving your vote somewhere useful affect your reaction test? And please respond to the rest of my post
Wait, what? What are you trying to say here? As for the rest of your post you're insinuating I'm not responding to, please quote and bold it here for me to respond to. Your first sentence I just quoted doesn't seem to mesh with the bit of my post you just quoted.
In post 82, Clusk92 wrote:
In post 78, Wake1 wrote:
In post 75, Clusk92 wrote: Reaction testing sort of loses its effect when you tell people what you're doing.
Not when you keep drawing out waves of subsequent reactions. :)
Apart from the fact that scum know what you're doing so can adjust their reactions appropriately to look like town.
Scum's not nearly as clever as they think they are, friend. Should they adjust their reactions, there's always that chance that it gets noticed and noted for the future.
In post 83, Aegor wrote:VOTE: Wake88 for obvious reasons.

Scum, if you want a quicklynch, run up reinoe. ;)

You had better damn well tell us what those obvious reasons are, Aegor. I KNOW YOU'RE CLEVER, SO BACK THAT UP.

Also, what do you mean by telling Scum if they want a quicklynch they should run up reinoe? You and he could very well be scum partners, too, so pardon me if I take that with a cynical grain of salt.
In post 84, farside22 wrote:
In post 83, Aegor wrote:VOTE: Wake88 for obvious reasons.

Scum, if you want a quicklynch, run up reinoe. ;)
So you think wakes comments there after is scummy....why?
Indeed. If you're Town, I'd like to see you put more "oomph" into your subtly-indignant Townish inquisition. If you're Scum-Farside you're going to have to be more believable than that, yes?
In post 88, Alina wrote:Okay, I ended up getting back way earlier than I thought I would, so hi.

Responses to wake88:

No, I'm not an alt. Also, I'd like someone to answer this for me, I really don't understand how asking someone "are you scum," is supposed to get an answer worth anything. I guess, theoretically, someone's choice of words could be different, depending, but you'd have to know that person somewhat well for that to mean anything. I've never understood why people would ask that, so if anyone could explain that to me, please do.

Also, I'm confused why you would admit what you're doing is a reaction test. Shouldn't you, you know, keep testing for a while? Getting scared, fearful for your life maybe, after getting a few votes?

@TheAdrienC

You think starting a bandwagon by page 2 is excessive, but yet you join in on one on page 3. What's the big difference between the two pages that's so important? Also, how are we supposed to "get more info before the hammer," if you're voting him? Shouldn't you want to pressure other people so, oh, I don't know, other people talk and contribute, and potentially scumslip?

Along with
farside22
, I agree also felt reinoe's explanation for their vote on wake88's vote was forced, but I believe them for now when they say they just wanted to explain why. I wouldn't want to just vote someone without explaining, either.

@Aegor

Why do you think scum would vote reinoe if they wanted a quicklynch? They don't have a single vote against them, as far as I can tell. I would think scum would moreso want to join in on the wake88 wagon, if he's town.
Ah. Finally something particularly interesting.

All alts say they're not alts. Don't sweat it. ;)

Also what does that part have to do with anything? The "are you Scum?" bit. It's a way to directly get a response. Unfortunately Mafias players nowadays are lazy, and don't want to answer most questions. I need a different beam gun for those fuckers. Anyways, I've seen other players in the past ask rhetorical questions like that, so, as with most things, I absorbed that particularly simple game tactic. Sentences 3 and 4 sounded just a wee bit too smooth. HRM...

The thing is, Alina, is that this "test" isn't over. I jolted the game with an incident, and am still gathering valuable responses. Chain reaction, yeah? Technically this test isn't over, and is still going as long as I want it to. Or maybe that's just called playing Mafia. ... Shut up.

I approve your questions directed towards TheAdrienC and Aegor. However I'd like to see you put more mental energy into your questions. Come on now; I know you've got more energy laying around somewhere.

AND... damn it. Too many posts. I'm only up to . I've got energy to burn, so please be
patient
with me.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:03 am

Post by Clusk92 »

In post 233, farside22 wrote:For the sake of argument these are the post clusk is calling manipulating votes.
In post 113, Salamence20 wrote:What are you doing in a big game like this little boy?

But i digress. Vote Wake and you will be on your way
In post 120, Salamence20 wrote:You forgot a wake vote
I don't see a demand. The first read as tongue and cheek and the other was directed to Alina was to me a joke comment.
Well we simply have different interpretations of the posts then, that's it.
Because despite that one post, he's generally seemed like town to me. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:15 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 234, Wake1 wrote:
In post 80, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 78, Wake1 wrote:Incorrect. Every subsequent reaction is valuable. If you have not noticed already, at least two other players have questioned the responses in response to my opening post which started all this fun. :lol:
How will you moving your vote somewhere useful affect your reaction test? And please respond to the rest of my post
Wait, what? What are you trying to say here? As for the rest of your post you're insinuating I'm not responding to, please quote and bold it here for me to respond to. Your first sentence I just quoted doesn't seem to mesh with the bit of my post you just quoted.
You say you're keeping your vote on me despite townreading me as part of your reaction test. How does keeping your vote on me garner useful reactions and/or help your reaction test? How would moving your vote negatively affect your reaction test?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:20 am

Post by farside22 »

Question dodge and lack of explanation from clusk.

Vote stands.

@wake: I'm not indignant in the post you quoted I was bothered by aegor's vote and wanted to see if he could expand his thought more then the wash, rinse, repeat of others.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:21 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 236, Not_Mafia wrote: You say you're keeping your vote on me despite townreading me as part of your reaction test. How does keeping your vote on me garner useful reactions and/or help your reaction test? How would moving your vote negatively affect your reaction test?
...and?

I Townread you a bit for your paranoia. Don't assume I should now get my attention off of you. I'll change my vote when I want, not because someone else is freaking out with just one vote on him. I'm still getting reactions from you and others, so pardon me if I find them just a bit useful to read over. I'll my vote when I'm ready to. You've got one vote and 24 Days left, so stay calm. Be grateful I'm not deciding to now park my vote on you for the next 20 days. Now instead of flinching, how about you be useful and question the actions and words of people who may have been agreeing with you lately? Try looking at things from different viewpoints, I always say.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:26 am

Post by Clusk92 »

In post 237, farside22 wrote:Question dodge and lack of explanation from clusk.

Vote stands.

@wake: I'm not indignant in the post you quoted I was bothered by aegor's vote and wanted to see if he could expand his thought more then the wash, rinse, repeat of others.
You mean your manipulation definition one? Silly nitpicking of semantics I'm afraid which didn't warrant/deserve a response.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:32 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 238, Wake1 wrote:
In post 236, Not_Mafia wrote: You say you're keeping your vote on me despite townreading me as part of your reaction test. How does keeping your vote on me garner useful reactions and/or help your reaction test? How would moving your vote negatively affect your reaction test?
...and?

I Townread you a bit for your paranoia. Don't assume I should now get my attention off of you. I'll change my vote when I want, not because someone else is freaking out with just one vote on him. I'm still getting reactions from you and others, so pardon me if I find them just a bit useful to read over. I'll my vote when I'm ready to. You've got one vote and 24 Days left, so stay calm. Be grateful I'm not deciding to now park my vote on you for the next 20 days. Now instead of flinching, how about you
be useful and question the actions and words of people who may have been agreeing with you lately?
Try looking at things from different viewpoints, I always say.
Answer the questions please.

Or I could question the person I think is scum, who is purporting to be reaction testing yet won't show anything for it.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:40 am

Post by Wake1 »

I already answered your questions in that post.
I'll answer questions directed towards me, but I'm not going to waste my time with word games.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:41 am

Post by Toomai »

Votecount D1-5
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
L-11
Salamence20
L-11
TheAdrienC
L-11
reinoe
L-10
Burning_TowN
Wake88
L-5
Not_Mafia, Clusk92, TheAdrienC, reinoe, BP, Aegor
Burning_TowN
L-11
shaddowez
L-11
Damon_Gant
L-11
Mirhawk
L-10
Scarab
Not_Mafia
L-9
Wake88, HunterSeeker
Aegor
L-11
Scarab
L-10
Mirhawk
farside22
L-11
Boonskiies
L-10
Alina
BroodKingEXE
L-11
Soren
L-11
Aeronaut
L-11
HunterSeeker
L-11
Clusk92
L-10
farside22
BP
L-11
Alina
L-11
Not voting:
Damon_Gant, Boonskiies, BroodKingEXE, Soren, Aeronaut, Sharpest-knife-on-tree, shaddowez, Salamence20
Not yet confirmed:
Damon_Gant
Activityshaddowez is V/LA until 06/07/2014.
reinoe is V/LA until 08/07/2014.
farside22 is V/LA until 08/07/2014.
Damon_Gant has ~12 hours to confirm or be replaced.
Current deadline27/07/2014 11:27 (EDT)
(expired on 2014-07-27 11:27:31)
Last edited by Toomai on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:44 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 239, Clusk92 wrote:

Vote stands.

You mean your manipulation definition one? Silly nitpicking of semantics I'm afraid which didn't warrant/deserve a response.

What this post really says:
I have no reason why it is manipulation and I'm making shit up hoping no one else will notice.

Farsides counter argument: ordering a player does not = manipulation and no way spinning the word manipulation means ordering a player to do jack fucking shit.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:50 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 241, Wake1 wrote:
I already answered your questions in that post.
I'll answer questions directed towards me, but I'm not going to waste my time with word games.
You did not answer my questions. You said you were still getting reactions to . I specifically asked you about you not using your vote.
In post 236, Not_Mafia wrote:You say you're keeping your vote on me despite townreading me as part of your reaction test. How does keeping your vote on me garner useful reactions and/or help your reaction test? How would moving your vote negatively affect your reaction test?
You say you are reaction testing yet when you're grilled on the usefulness and results of this, you respond with evasion and deflection.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:00 am

Post by farside22 »

Fun moments
This wants to call ordering player manipulation.
In post 226, Clusk92 wrote:
not
manipulative?
When faced with Webster dictionary of manipulation
Shirts the fact completely
In post 239, Clusk92 wrote:

Vote stands.

@not mafia: the more you ask about his vote on you the more silly it looks.
There really isn't like the one vote should be noted.
If he is reading the game and doesn't move the vote on a scum suspect fine, but keeping a vote on a player is not a scum tell.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:06 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

It's not just that's he's keeping his vote there, it's that he's stating it is part of his reaction test, yet when asked how this garners useful reactions and what he's took from it, there's nothing.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:19 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 246, Not_Mafia wrote:It's not just that's he's keeping his vote there, it's that he's stating it is part of his reaction test, yet when asked how this garners useful reactions and what he's took from it, there's nothing.
Last post of his catch up is to post 88. So some of his vote from what I read is still in the catching up phase.
He stated he won't move the vote till he see's something scummy.
I'm giving him to his full catch up to make a point or get lynched.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:22 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 247, farside22 wrote: He stated he won't move the vote till he see's something scummy.
Link?

Making a Reads List atm.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:27 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm glad

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”