Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:36 am

Post by Sharpest-knife-on-tree »

In post 247, farside22 wrote:
In post 246, Not_Mafia wrote:It's not just that's he's keeping his vote there, it's that he's stating it is part of his reaction test, yet when asked how this garners useful reactions and what he's took from it, there's nothing.
Last post of his catch up is to post 88. So some of his vote from what I read is still in the catching up phase.
He stated he won't move the vote till he see's something scummy.
I'm giving him to his full catch up to make a point or get lynched.
I did not read it that way, he talked about reactions and stated he thinks the "test" is over once says it is. This is not accurate. Once you get a huge reaction it ripples outward and you cannot stop it. Minor reactions you can pull back, huge ones ripple. Wake cannot stop the reactions. That does suggest he will move his vote when he wants to vs when others say he should.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:39 am

Post by Wake1 »

That. Thanks.

Now WHY are you defending me?

:mrgreen: :P
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:42 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 248, Wake1 wrote:
In post 247, farside22 wrote: He stated he won't move the vote till he see's something scummy.
Link?

Making a Reads List atm.
Ready to not scummy

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... a#p5990279

My mistake I did assume ready to was to mean someone else who was scummy.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:44 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 252, farside22 wrote:
In post 248, Wake1 wrote:
In post 247, farside22 wrote: He stated he won't move the vote till he see's something scummy.
Link?

Making a Reads List atm.
Ready to not scummy

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... a#p5990279

My mistake I did assume ready to was to mean someone else who was scummy.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:45 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 250, Sharpest-knife-on-tree wrote:
In post 247, farside22 wrote:
In post 246, Not_Mafia wrote:It's not just that's he's keeping his vote there, it's that he's stating it is part of his reaction test, yet when asked how this garners useful reactions and what he's took from it, there's nothing.
Last post of his catch up is to post 88. So some of his vote from what I read is still in the catching up phase.
He stated he won't move the vote till he see's something scummy.
I'm giving him to his full catch up to make a point or get lynched.
I did not read it that way, he talked about reactions and stated he thinks the "test" is over once says it is. This is not accurate. Once you get a huge reaction it ripples outward and you cannot stop it. Minor reactions you can pull back, huge ones ripple. Wake cannot stop the reactions. That does suggest he will move his vote when he wants to vs when others say he should.
That's pretty bad thinking. All you will get is mob mentality and it's easy to blend into mob mentality.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
BP
BP
Goon
BP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:54 am

Post by BP »

Jesus do you guys post. I can't keep up properly on my fucking phone.

Damn computers.

I swear yo god I will be much more active during the weekend. And more meaningful.
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:59 am

Post by Scarab »

Rather than seeing more pages of arguing over the definition of "manipulating", Clusk, what's scummy about telling someone else to vote someone you want lynched? Your answer may not include any form of the word "manipulate" unless you're willing to agree with farside on a definition of it.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:31 am

Post by Alina »

In post 234, Wake1 wrote:
In post 88, Alina wrote:Okay, I ended up getting back way earlier than I thought I would, so hi.

Responses to wake88:

No, I'm not an alt. Also, I'd like someone to answer this for me, I really don't understand how asking someone "are you scum," is supposed to get an answer worth anything. I guess, theoretically, someone's choice of words could be different, depending, but you'd have to know that person somewhat well for that to mean anything. I've never understood why people would ask that, so if anyone could explain that to me, please do.

Also, I'm confused why you would admit what you're doing is a reaction test. Shouldn't you, you know, keep testing for a while? Getting scared, fearful for your life maybe, after getting a few votes?

@TheAdrienC

You think starting a bandwagon by page 2 is excessive, but yet you join in on one on page 3. What's the big difference between the two pages that's so important? Also, how are we supposed to "get more info before the hammer," if you're voting him? Shouldn't you want to pressure other people so, oh, I don't know, other people talk and contribute, and potentially scumslip?

Along with
farside22
, I agree also felt reinoe's explanation for their vote on wake88's vote was forced, but I believe them for now when they say they just wanted to explain why. I wouldn't want to just vote someone without explaining, either.

@Aegor

Why do you think scum would vote reinoe if they wanted a quicklynch? They don't have a single vote against them, as far as I can tell. I would think scum would moreso want to join in on the wake88 wagon, if he's town.
Ah. Finally something particularly interesting.

All alts say they're not alts. Don't sweat it. ;)

Also what does that part have to do with anything? The "are you Scum?" bit. It's a way to directly get a response. Unfortunately Mafias players nowadays are lazy, and don't want to answer most questions. I need a different beam gun for those fuckers. Anyways, I've seen other players in the past ask rhetorical questions like that, so, as with most things, I absorbed that particularly simple game tactic. Sentences 3 and 4 sounded just a wee bit too smooth. HRM...

The thing is, Alina, is that this "test" isn't over. I jolted the game with an incident, and am still gathering valuable responses. Chain reaction, yeah? Technically this test isn't over, and is still going as long as I want it to. Or maybe that's just called playing Mafia. ... Shut up.

I approve your questions directed towards TheAdrienC and Aegor. However I'd like to see you put more mental energy into your questions. Come on now; I know you've got more energy laying around somewhere.

AND... damn it. Too many posts. I'm only up to . I've got energy to burn, so please be
patient
with me.
If I was an alt, I wouldn't have been allowed to play in a newbie game before this. Unless you're suggesting I'm using a proxy or something just for the purpose of seeming unlike an alt, which is kinda ridiculous.

And I was just curious bc I see people ask it all the time like it's supposed to really mean something. I was looking into it far too seriously, I guess.

As to me having mental energy anywhere else, nope, it's in a lost and found bin somewhere. :(

Being one of the only interesting things apparently to you is really nice though, I cried of joy reading that. <3
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:30 am

Post by Aegor »

In post 234, Wake1 wrote:You had better damn well tell us what those obvious reasons are, Aegor. I KNOW YOU'RE CLEVER, SO BACK THAT UP.
I did, especially in .
Also, what do you mean by telling Scum if they want a quicklynch they should run up reinoe? You and he could very well be scum partners, too, so pardon me if I take that with a cynical grain of salt.
Continue reading, and you will see what I mean. It was a joke, hence the emoticon.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:34 am

Post by Aegor »

@HunterSeeker
: Please comment on your top scumreads and why you are not voting. Why unvote NM?

@Mirhawk
: Please answer Scarab's questions to you. How did Scarab display opportunism, and how do you feel about Scarab's other posts?

@Boonskiies, @BroodKingEXE, @Aeronaut
: Post.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:57 am

Post by Soren »

Holy crap. A lot has happened. Gotta catch up.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:28 am

Post by Alina »

When you're done reading, have any thoughts?
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:50 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

/confirm...on page 11. Yikes, guess I need to catch up!
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Burning_TowN
Burning_TowN
Townie
Burning_TowN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:01 am

Post by Burning_TowN »

I rescind my wake scum read. Diving deeper into the matter it seems he is a combo of VI and "reaction bait all the time baby"

-B_E

(Also I did sign my post, just with another post)
Profile Links: tn5421 | Burning_Earth
Burning_TowN
Burning_TowN
Townie
Burning_TowN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:01 am

Post by Burning_TowN »

I don't like my Reinoe vote though, will talk a bit about it.
Profile Links: tn5421 | Burning_Earth
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:48 am

Post by TheAdrienC »

I've been reading from my phone at work. I'll post some analysis when I get home and have access to my laptop. I'm not even gonna try to pull a BP.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I have some thoughts I'd like to share with you all. This is a long read, but it's a thorough one. If you would, please read through it carefully.

Contrary to what some people have said, I'm neither a VI or a bad player. I'm just, well, busy, and I deal with the hand life's given me. You can't control everything, but you can certainly control your reactions to them. ADHD being one of those cards... I've had to take things off my plate in order to allocate time and energy... here. Some of you have probably never played with me before, and if you haven't played with me some 6+ months ago, then what you have seen or heard so far is nowhere close to who I am. It's... complicated. I'm amorphous, and am prone to changing myself on a dime if I feel like it. Posting like Regfan or Mastin comes easy to me, but I do it rarely, because it's rather boring. Sometimes I say and do odd things when bored, or when everyone feels slow to me. I'm a chronic over-thinker, too, thanks to my disorder; it's tough to focus, but when I do, it's at a gifted level. When I get truly focused, time feels like it stops. My mind's a beautiful mess, but when it finds its lost focus, watch out.

HunterSeeker's felt like a fine strand of hair on my skin, perception-wise, because he said he was super town just from asking a question. I'm not sure what the norm is for giving players the benefit of the doubt. Asking the question does not make him super town, but chances are he wasn't serious to begin with... or is new to the game.

Regarding Not_Mafia's , it may have been a slip. It may not have. Only he knows. My goal was to metaphorically drop some pebbles into the still waters... and watch the ripples flow. That did happen. His supposed "slip" wasn't an obvious slip... and I think, perhaps, certain players know this.

One thing I didn't understand upon review of this thread was shaddowez's comment after his vote of Alina in . It probably means nothing, but I would appreciate that bit of enlightenment none-the-less.

Alina, please don't be too quick to judge in posts like . I'm not bad at the game; my way of playing is unique only to me. Farside's echoes the fact that she doesn't really know who the person she's talking about is, or what exactly the underlying details are.

My intended to generate reactions. Discussion. Part of being a good Town player is to get people talking. Some may disagree with that, but it's really of little consequence in my book. Not-Mafia decided to react in with a direct vote. He could have chose many different ways to respond, but he chose one. Suffice it to say it did look like an OMGUS, a retaliatory vote for being voted. Yes, NM, I voted for you over your gaffe, and I did FoS someone who did the same. Why? Reactions. I wouldn't say there was much if any fluff in my either, NM; your saying that just sounds like sourness, to be frank. If you're a member of the Town, you would do well to reign in your emotions and hurt feelings when playing this game. No one's perfect, but if you can do that it'd help your gameplay in general. The reason I initially stated your paranoia raised you a bit into the Townie List is because of the way you responded in ; upon reflection some of it feels like paranoia, and part of it just feels sour.

Not sure which post Salamence was referring to in regarding a WIFOM bomb. I say he feels opportunistic in . Maybe he was hoping for an easy lynch. Clusk and Scarab feel similarly along those lines. Maybe they really didn't put much forethought into what happened, or they didn't think deeply enough... or they're Scum looking for a fabricated reason to place a vote. At this time it's too early to tell.

A bandwagon may have been excessive, or not (). 3 votes in a Day that requires 11 doesn't seem like something to worry that much over. Though, my vote wasn't random, Adrien. I did vote him for what may or may not have been a slip, in hopes of garnering reactions. The additional FoSs were just multi-tasking, fishing for more reactions. And... no... what I did wasn't hypocritical in the slightest. Farside mentioned earlier on PL'ing me for, iirc, being useless. She doesn't know me. At all. What she did was different than me placing a vote on NM for a maybe-slip, and then FoS'ing another player for doing the same thing in order to gain reactions. It's apples and orange, Adrien, and I feel you already know this. At this moment of review, I think your FoS on me was appropriate, because it appears you were curious, albeit somewhat mistaken, I think; cannot say that for others at that anchor in time.

I was—and still am—searching for reactions. Hungry for them, I guess you could say. That you've seen some later-confirmed Townies called Scum for what NM did is only part of your own personal experiences. Do you know if all Townies who maybe-slip get called Scum? Do you, at this moment, think he's Town or Scum over this maybe-slip? You mention this bit, yet you don't vote him, so perhaps you yourself are a Townie who doesn't call Townies Scum for what NM did. Or are you? That I considered him a bit raised in my Town list at that point in time based on his reactions does not, Salamence, mean that I know he'll flip Town. As a member of the Town, I do not know who's who. At the time of your I haven't unvoted, either, because I'm still in the process of gaining reactions. Your "nope" means little here.

sounds like something I'd hear from a teenage boy at a Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament. How old are you and Salamence, if you would?

Farside, in you ask how NM's paranoia was paranoia. The way he responded by mentioning that my vote and FoS were over the exact same thing felt like a Townish thing, an action of vigilance borne of paranoia. From my perspective he actually called part of my initial post "fluff," and insinuated that I could be trying to look like I'm contributing. Knowing the truth from where I stand, that sentiment does indeed feel paranoid. This is furthered by him stating that I pretty much called everyone who posted—sans "/confirm"—Scum. A reach, it would appear, possibly backed by paranoia. In that same post I don't understand your comment about me either joking because of my previous post, and/or calling it an omgus. Would you clarify that bit, please?

Please note in that TheAdrienC moved to vote me without getting more information.

The more I read it, reinoe's is horrible. He says my intro is one of the worst he's seen, and lists setup spec, using the FoS, and "throwing paranoia around" as some of the reasons. That, to me, sounds a bit like a joke, and I'd be content to ignore it. However, I can't, because it doesn't make any sense. His own signature notwithstanding, it does feel like he's fabricating reasons for his Scumread and vote.

Not sure about Farside's alignment in , because although she agreed with Salamence's faulty , she did question reinoe's terrible . I don't know what to think of this at the moment. Sort of feel the same about Clusk a bit, because he questions Scarab over his own unexplained vote in .

As for Clusk's , I may have been using the wrong term. What do you call it when you do something in a Mafia game in order to net a lot of reactions, and consecutive reactions? Like tossing a pebble into a clear pond and watching whichever way the little fish move.

Going over Not_Mafia's again, I may as well post something. I don't normally vote someone for something and then FoS some who seems to be voting the same way against my target. What is commonplace for me, though, is being an unpredictable catalyst of sorts who can and sometimes does say and do things to stir up discussion. We need players to talk. Ever hosted a Mafia game, and watched Town lose because players weren't being active? I find paranoia to be a Town trait because Townies don't know who's who, and the unknown creates fear, which creates paranoia. If it's one Scum team versus the Town, there is little Scum has to fear when it comes to knowledge of one's alignment. This changes a bit if there's two Scum factions, to varying degrees. I don't find setup speculation to be unhelpful fluff because people are trying to come up with answers and possibilities on what situation they're dealing with. If I were lost in a cave system with twelve other people, I'd talk a bit with them over whether there're tunnels that lead to safety, or rivers, or this, that, etc. When we don't know, we try to make educated hopefully reasonable guesses. I never said that reaction testing means nothing I do can be incorrectly perceived as Scummy, either. As stated earlier, I'm still gathering reactions, and I'll unvote you when I want to. That you think I should move my vote from you simply because I said you moved slightly up my Town list doesn't give me reason to do so. As for your , I have and am still getting reactions; it doesn't matter to me what you think of it so long as I continue to receive a barrage of reactions than can be read and digested.

Clusk, Scum's not nearly as clever as they think they are (). That's the illusion.

Aegor's vote in is either lazy or opportunistic. That's how I'm seeing it right now.

Alina, , play is between shallow and deep. It's not so much about the specific question being asked, but the reaction to it, if any. Is the reaction angry? Smooth? A retaliation? Silence? All of these can be remembered and used in the future. As said before, I may be using the term incorrectly: my intro was meant to stir up reaction, discussion, and on. It certainly did, and I'd do it over again. I do like in your same post how Adrian said that a bandwagon in page 2 was excessive, yet joined in on one in page 3, especially while not having gotten more information. His actions don't seem to mesh with what he's saying. You also echo my question to Aegor about his reinoe comment.

I'm not liking Scarab's .

I wouldn't call that pressure, Adrien. . What you consider a screw-up isn't. In exact detail, what was it in page 3 that you deemed Scummy and worthy of a vote? Before you answer this, read through this post and keep it in mind. Adrien, what do you feel about Alina's ?

I do not remember which games I've done so, Not_Mafia. When I feel like being unpredictable, than of course I will do things like that and more. However, I don't remember when I've done that exact act. My experience goes over many games on many forums over years, so I don't really remember. Hell if I'd remember if they were useful, either. I'm looking for reactions in Day 1 because I don't want to simply lynch someone at random, or join someone else's wagon without good reason. As you say, there is information Day 1, and that is where dropping a pebble to note how the little fish move comes into play. I disagree that it's disingenuous, though, because Day 1 we have absolutely no solid facts to work with. There is information, but I doubt it's the kind of information that can be universally accepted by every living player. Bob dying and turning up as a Godfather is a universal fact in a hypothetical game. Opining that Gordy is Scummy for a handful of "reasons" isn't universally accepted fact. Not sure exactly what you meant by the multiball/paranoia/exception/possibilities bit is about. Please clarify with links. Another thing that should be mentioned, Not_Mafia, is that using the FoS doesn't mean you're calling someone Scum. It means you're watching them. That bit of fact in the wiki basically destroys part of your comments towards me. I haven't dismissed every criticism leveled against me by using "reaction test" as an excuse, so that's not fact. I don't really care what people think while I work to get reactions and find Scum. Why do you think I haven't cared to change my vote from you in spite of your vocalizing about it? I'll have to look over how many "misunderstandings" you've had regarding my posts thus far, but I'm starting to like where my vote is.

Oh, I like Clusk's . Always ask for specific clarification on things that don't make sense.

I don't understand Aegor's . Alina, Not_Mafia, Farside, everyone: what do you make of that?

Caught up to post #100.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by Scarab »

wake wrote:Contrary to what some people have said, I'm neither a VI or a bad player. I'm just, well, busy, and I deal with the hand life's given me.
I stopped reading here. You being busy has nothing to do with why people have called you a VI or a bad player. And there's no way I'm reading the rest of a post that big that says it's only caught up to post #100. If you have something important to say, say it instead of hiding it in a hugeass wall that comments on something like 2 pages of the game.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:48 pm

Post by Alina »

@Wake88(
I am really retarded with the quotes bc I can't figure out how to quote smaller sections without completely botching the format and I don't think anyone here really wants me to quote all that, lol)

Shaddowez's RVS comment on me was a joke based on the fact I RVSed him in our last game together.

I was just seeing what you were going to say with my question towards you at . My thought process was that scum would probably be more likely to try and back out of a reaction test like that early by saying "lol it's a reaction test chill guys :D" while town would probably be more comfortable and keep it going. I understand your POV a lot better now, though.

Aegor's ...after looking at what he was responding to I'm a bit confused myself? farside asked about your comments after your first post, but Aegor just said "for obvious reasons," with his vote, so...I don't know with what you said afterwards has to do with anything? I might be missing a post that would make the whole situation make more sense to me but right now I'm kind of just like...wat @ the whole exchange.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

In post 208, Scarab wrote:You are literally voting me for not sitting at my keyboard refreshing this game. I voted wake
18 minutes after his post
because that's when I saw it. This post of yours is just absolutely blatant opportunism. You acknowledge that there's something off with wake's intro post, then discredit its potential scumminess due to meta that other players may or may not have (hint: I've never read a game that had wake in it), then call people scummy for voting him for that post straight out of the RVS? Yeah, sure.

Unvote: Wake88

Vote: Mirhawk

Wake may or may not be scum, but this guy almost certainly is.

Regarding the SNOT stuff, I actually would be fine with being part of a policy lynch on him. I like policy lynches and this game feels way bigger than I expected.
It took you one minute tops to write that post, it was only six words long. Which means you couldn't have missed the fact that there were already three votes on wake. So yeah I find the fact that you slid in there without providing any justification except poorly feigned outrage pretty goddamn scummy.

I like how you also imply I'm scum for defending wake, but then state wake might not even be scum. And whether you like it or not I do have experience with wake, and am therefore allowed to have opinions on what is in or out of character for him.

Not to mention I bet you would be okay with a policy lynch, scum.

---

@Aegor
Scarab slid onto that wagon after three other people greased it up for him. He provided no real justification at the time, and when Clusk pressed him on it he handwaved it away with a nonanswer. His posting both since then and before then has contained absolutely no attempts to find scum. His response to me voting him was a fairly spectacular omgus flail, which ironically is the closest he comes to actually scumhunting. The only thing I don't like about voting Scarab is that Clusk was the first person to point out his vote.

---

@Clusk
There is nothing scummy about what Sal did, and I'm sure most of the people here have repeatedly seen town players do exactly the same thing before. I'm not too keen on the fact that you just slung mud at Sal while still calling him town.

---

I really don't like Wake's most recent post. He hedges on just about every single thing he says by adding
might's
and
maybe's
to them. Not to mention that I read the post and I'm still confused as to what reactions he was looking for, what his opinion on the players he talks about is, or even who his scumreads are.
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:19 pm

Post by Scarab »

Mirhawk wrote:It took you one minute tops to write that post, it was only six words long. Which means you couldn't have missed the fact that there were already three votes on wake. So yeah I find the fact that you slid in there without providing any justification except poorly feigned outrage pretty goddamn scummy.

I like how you also imply I'm scum for defending wake, but then state wake might not even be scum. And whether you like it or not I do have experience with wake, and am therefore allowed to have opinions on what is in or out of character for him.

Not to mention I bet you would be okay with a policy lynch, scum.
...you're kidding, right?

I want you to confirm or deny the following:

1) There was something
strange
about wake's intro post.
2) You ignored it because of meta that you had that other players might not have had.

If you said "yes" to the first two (hint: you've already confirmed both of them, so they're not really there for you to answer), then also confirm or deny the following:
3) From the fact that I'd posted immediately before wake's intro post without voting him and the fact that I posted "What the fuck...?" along with my vote, it would be obvious to anyone with at least half a brain that I was voting wake for his intro post.

If you also confirm the truth of my 3rd point (hint: I won't believe you if deny it and I doubt that anyone else will, so good luck with that), also confirm or deny the following:
4) Repeating the reasoning of others is
important
when it's obvious from context that my reasoning is the same as theirs.

This simple exercise should help us to
watch you squirm
see exactly where your reasoning is going wrong.

But god, everything you potsed...everything is just wrong.

I voted you for defending wake? Really? Next time try actually
reading
a post before responding to it. You even quoted it before your response!

The one thin in your post that isn't horribly incorrect is the policy lynch thing. I can see how scum might in theory benefit from a policy lynch. However, and I guess this is my fault for repeating the term "policy lynch", SNOT would be a
utility lynch
to me (I think I'm using that term correctly). I don't care much what his alignment is because I think that getting him out of the way day 1 is a positive regardless of his alignment. I tried to get a lynch like that on someone in my first game - I was town, it was a cult game and depending on mechanics, that lynch could have brought us to lylo. Don't try to frame my love of such lynches as a scum tell.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

Oh boy, quote wall time (Starting at my post #58)
In post 61, TheAdrienC wrote:
FoS: Wake88
Glad to see people use FOS still, but this is pretty weak. A vote would have been better.
In post 68, TheAdrienC wrote:Ah fuck it. I wouldn't hammer yet until we get some more info, but here's my vote.

Unvote
Vote: Wake88
And see, this is why I don't like Adrien, especially when Wake flips scum. This is what we like to call bussing, for all those that are new to this game. Also we are NOWHERE near hammer, so why bring it up?
Wake wrote:Alright, if you guys run me up give me time to talk. :lol:

OK, let's get down to brass tacks. I voted NM because I wanted to pressure him for him maybe-slip. Because that's what ii is, a potential slip.
If you were town, you would say that NM was being overly defensive over a "slip", followed by more pushing. Since you called him town, I am pretty sure you are scum for this.
Wake wrote: Salamence et al should explain themselves a bit more, too. I vote NM for what looks like a gaffe, and then FoS another guy doing the same thing, to gauge reactions. You can call that bad all you want, but you'd be incorrect. It's not hypocritical in the slightest if you're trying to Scumhunt.

Also, Salamence's 64 needs to be remembered. That he's seen other people called Scum for the maybe-slip NM did is immaterial, I'm not sure NM's Scum at this point, but I want to see more of his reactions regarding it.
And why is he town? Paranoia? Yeah, ok.
Wake wrote:Reinoe's vote is crappy, too. This is Day 1, folks. Day 1 is nothing but paranoia and speculation. :lol:

Step back and breathe a bit, mob. :giggle:

Now add more reasoning for why you're voting the way you're all voting, and be very specific. I want more details
just in case
Town shoots itself in the foot.
Wait until LYLO, and compare the paranoia and speculation from D1 to the Paranoia and speculation in LYLO.

Also, I don't like the way you joking discredit your wagon, especially since this is a serious wagon. Oh yeah, the bolded? Just in case? Shouldn't it be "when town shoots itself in the foot" if you are town being wagoned? FUCKING GET ROPED.

VOTE: WAKE
Wake wrote:Well, yeah, I'm still reaction testing.

I'm gonna milk this cow for all it's worth.
"I've been pinned, better do whatever I can to look town"
In post 83, Aegor wrote:VOTE: Wake88 for obvious reasons.

Scum, if you want a quicklynch, run up reinoe. ;)
Many pages later, and still don't know wtf this is.
Adrien wrote:I've got my vote on my best scum-read.
Yeah, after a weak fos, still bussing.
In post 92, Boonskiies wrote:hmm...
There is nothing wrong with this. Obviously he is busy IRL and just wanted to post that he was there. All the people after him are stupid or scum trying to counterwagon.
In post 103, Soren wrote:I think Not_Mafia is a townie.
Why? This is sheeping, just in case you newbies didn't know that.
In post 113, Salamence20 wrote:What are you doing in a big game like this little boy?

But i digress. Vote Wake and you will be on your way
If this is manipulation, I suck at manipulation.
In post 125, Clusk92 wrote:
In post 122, Salamence20 wrote:Whos the other person?
I thought you was talking to Alina but I now see you posted at the same time, so sorry.

But still, manipulating a newbie in to voting for someone is still suspicious.
I wont argue it is bad. But it definitely isn't manipulation.
Adrien wrote:He's still my top scumread. Boonskiies is number two, HunterSeeker is a scum lean for me because of this post then disappearing.
PEOPLE HAVE LIVES.
Your two scumreads are people that haven't provided content WHEN THE GAME HASN'T BEEN OPEN FOR MORE THAN TWO FUCKING DAYS. WHAT. THE. FUCK.
You die next.
Alina wrote: I'm just trying to get him to post. I don't think it should be considered a "counterwagon." When I think wagon, I think multiple votes. I don't think one stray vote.
Two votes plus Adrien.

Counterwagon.
In post 143, TheAdrienC wrote:Love the detailed analysis, Burning. So much information. A lot of people are really only posting the bare minimum.
Give me more of that "detailed analysis" on why Boonsikes is scum, please.
Farside wrote:I'm reading wake as bad town currently.
I would love to here abut more about scum motivation
Farside, I'm begging you. Do not convince me of Wake VI.
We already have VI Soren and VI Sala and VI Newbies. Do not make scumwake a VI.

He slipped earlier. He dropped the pressure and suddenly called NM town. Then he claims reaction testing, and continues to do so, also jokingly discredit me and this wagon against him. He dies, followed by his buddy adrien.
In post 152, Sharpest-knife-on-tree wrote:seriously, you all put Wake to L-3. Fair warning if you are playing run him up and let things sit without a claim that does not happen when I am in the game. I will post Intent to hammer as soon as someone is at L-1. It is how I play and what I am used to.
The run up of wake seems silly to me, but hey it is a day one make up a reason to run someone up on the first page stuff anyway.
Is it possible I found 3 scum this early? Its possible
Also intent to hammer is stupid, because scum can create counterclaims or scum will bullshit their way to endgame.
In post 159, Sharpest-knife-on-tree wrote:
In post 148, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 147, Sharpest-knife-on-tree wrote:random.org=13
VOTE: vote Farside
I swear you just do this to piss people off.

because it gets a reaction every time

Also RVS is over
Seriously SKOT. Lets go. I'll win this. Your turn to make an edit.
Agor wrote:General call for a policy lynch on SKOT unless he sets aside his moronic policy of pressing for claims on policy at L-1 regardless of whether someone is willing to hammer legitimately. Please respond to this directly if you would be willing to PL him unless he relents.
No no no and shut up. Hes vigbait with the other VI's. Also I agree with everything else he said.
SKOT wrote:ah, trying to take out the Bully stick, I do not respond well to bully stick behavior
Vote Aegor... non-sense....but this probably means you are town but absolute bullying behavior meant to enforce and engage in group think and "borg mindset." (FYI for those that engage in HoS, this vote is meant at as slap in his face)
Also you have already been in games with me but do not know what has and has not finished.
FUCKING
VIGBAIT
DIE
In post 167, Sharpest-knife-on-tree wrote:
In post 161, Aegor wrote:
General call for a policy lynch on SKOT unless he sets aside his moronic policy of pressing for claims on policy at L-1 regardless of whether someone is willing to hammer legitimately.
Please respond to this directly if you would be willing to PL him unless he relents.

In post 144, farside22 wrote:
In post 100, Aegor wrote:
In post 84, farside22 wrote:So you think wakes comments there after is scummy....why?
Because they perpetuate the nonsense that he posted in his initial post (50, I think).
&@ sal:

I'm reading wake as bad town currently.
I would love to here abut more about scum motivation.
Scum motivation? The self-contradiction in has been handwaved as "checking reactions." Do you need more detail? We all need to decide whether Wake is horrible at checking reactions (by telling us that is what he is doing) or scum trying to cover himself by hiding under a bogus defense. Right now, I think he is the latter. That could change. The game has not even been running for a day.
In post 147, Sharpest-knife-on-tree wrote:random.org=13
VOTE: vote Farside
Are you serious?
oh and aegor, such nonsense by and large is playing against win condition at the core... also I was in the game 1st...
FUCKING
VIGBAIT
DIE
In post 171, TheAdrienC wrote:Scum or not, Sharp, your actions and posts are anti-town. You have to see that.
Hmmmm maybe SKOT is town.
In post 175, Sharpest-knife-on-tree wrote:
In post 173, Not_Mafia wrote:@skot, why are you voting aegor?
because He pissed me off and I wanted to slap him in the face.
But not because he is scum?

FUCKING
VIGBAIT
DIE
In post 183, TheAdrienC wrote:Dude, what you are doing is NOT helping the town no matter how much you think it is. Let me repeat that...NOT...HELPING...THE TOWN!! Now both of you need to get the votes off each other and start lynching scum and not people you hate for other reasons. Because we are NOT going to win if you two keep this up. Understood?
Shut the fuck up and quit trying to look townie
In post 208, Scarab wrote:
In post 190, Mirhawk wrote:Wake's intro is kinda out there. But it seems in character for me.

I'm more interested in the people on his wagon, BP's vote was purely oppertunistic, also Scarab slipped on there in the butter zone as soon as it looked like other people were interested.

Vote: Scarab
You are literally voting me for not sitting at my keyboard refreshing this game. I voted wake
18 minutes after his post
because that's when I saw it. This post of yours is just absolutely blatant opportunism. You acknowledge that there's something off with wake's intro post, then discredit its potential scumminess due to meta that other players may or may not have (hint: I've never read a game that had wake in it), then call people scummy for voting him for that post straight out of the RVS? Yeah, sure.

Unvote: Wake88

Vote: Mirhawk

Wake may or may not be scum, but this guy almost certainly is.

Regarding the SNOT stuff, I actually would be fine with being part of a policy lynch on him. I like policy lynches and this game feels way bigger than I expected.
*Head explodes*
In post 220, Clusk92 wrote:How is a player ordering/pressuring somebody (twice) to vote for someone
not
manipulative?
Are you new too? Other people have done it. Its not manipulative.
In post 223, TheAdrienC wrote:My top townread is Alina at the moment. Despite his anger and my annoyance at him, I'm pretty sure Aegor is town too. Slightly lesser town reads of mine are farside and not_mafia.

My other scumreads not named Wake are HunterSeeker and boonskiies. Both of them have posted and been online but have not contributed at all or helped us scumhunt. Everyone else I see is pretty null at the moment.
SCUMSCUMSCUM. Seriously, your two scumreads are people that haven't even played/looked at this game yet!
Wake wrote:Not sure which post Salamence was referring to in 54 regarding a WIFOM bomb. I say he feels opportunistic in 58.
54 was RVS, 58 was serious for reasons already stated
MY READS wrote: 1. Sharpest-knife-on-tree = VIGBAIT
2. Salamence20 = LOLTOWN
3. TheAdrienC = SCUM
4. reinoe
5. Wake88 = SCUM
6. Burning_TowN = I don't like TN, but BE is cool
7. shaddowez
8. Damon_Gant = WHO?
9. Mirhawk
10. Not_Mafia = TOWN
11. Aegor = TOWN
12. Scarab
13. farside22 = TOWN
14. Boonskiies = WHO
15. BroodKingEXE = WHO
16. Soren = NOOB
17. Aeronaut = WHO?
18. HunterSeeker = WHO?
19. Clusk92
20. BP
21. Alina = TOWN?
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:24 pm

Post by Alina »

Looking at the vote count, actually, I was the only vote on Boon. There was Adrien's FoS, but I don't believe there was ever a second vote? I might be blind though.

I share your concerns with Adrien, actually; I think it's worth noting that it seemed like he was trying to buddy up to me after I first questioned him, possibly in an attempt to lower my suspicions of him via the power of friendship or something.

Also, why am I the only person besides the "who's" with a question mark? :(
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

[quote="In post 259

@Boonskiies, @BroodKingEXE, @Aeronaut
: Post.[/quote]

Sup
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by Aegor »

The walls...the walls...

Wow, Wake's post was long. I would not say it had that much content, though, probably because of its length. Wake, please just read the entire thread and comment after you are done.

I like Salamence's post. I still want to lynch Wake unless he tells us imminently what he gathered from his "reaction tests." His entire wall was just information instead of analysis (analysis = READS, if his entire goal was to elicit reactions).

If lurkers do not start posting, I will be pushing hardcore for their lynches.
M A S Q U E R A D E

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”