Micro 353: Greatest Idea Mafia! (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:50 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 199, 1baldeagle1 wrote:
In post 187, Maestro wrote:I'm not doing the "number thing" until you all contribute more to the claim conversation / finish the claim chain we already had in place
Maru's logic is completely invalid - it's not like they were Lovers or a Scumteam, there's no reason AT ALL that " Mason1 = notTown ∴ Mason2 = notTown "

( yes, the odds that they both get Lyncher AND Mason in some form are pretty low, but it obviously happened and it would be completely inappropriate for the Mod to intervene in the way he described )
I believe everyone has claimed already and what is there to talk about? I think Maru is a scum dayvig because he recklessly used his shot, I believe Rob, Maestro and NM's claims since NM's result matches up with Maestro's claim and I liked Rob's gambit, so I'm pretty sure it's Maru.
Wouldn't scum dayvig have saved their shot for a lylo situation, and used it to win without having to lynch?

Besides, my recklessly using my shot is not alignment indicative. go read PYP5 democracy ho on my wiki. I like to recklessly shoot. Day Vig is my all time favorite role, irregardless of alignment cuz I love shooting crazy on day 1
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:00 am

Post by Rob14 »

I'd like to note that NM's result matching Maestro's claim after Maestro's claim is public knowledge means absolutely nothing whatsoever.

Wouldn't a scum dayvig use their shot then attempt to WIFOM their way out of any sticky situations that result? Wouldn't a specifically Maru scum dayvig definitely do that?

Hint for those who may not be acclimated with Maru: The answer is yes.

The kill is more of a reason for me to want to lynch you than the shot, to be honest.
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:17 am

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

In post 201, Rob14 wrote:I'd like to note that NM's result matching Maestro's claim after Maestro's claim is public knowledge means absolutely nothing whatsoever.

Wouldn't a scum dayvig use their shot then attempt to WIFOM their way out of any sticky situations that result? Wouldn't a specifically Maru scum dayvig definitely do that?

The kill is more of a reason for me to want to lynch you than the shot, to be honest.
Oh shit, yeah you're right. Never mind.
Maruchan wrote:
In post 199, 1baldeagle1 wrote:
In post 187, Maestro wrote:I'm not doing the "number thing" until you all contribute more to the claim conversation / finish the claim chain we already had in place
Maru's logic is completely invalid - it's not like they were Lovers or a Scumteam, there's no reason AT ALL that " Mason1 = notTown ∴ Mason2 = notTown "

( yes, the odds that they both get Lyncher AND Mason in some form are pretty low, but it obviously happened and it would be completely inappropriate for the Mod to intervene in the way he described )
I believe everyone has claimed already and what is there to talk about? I think Maru is a scum dayvig because he recklessly used his shot, I believe Rob, Maestro and NM's claims since NM's result matches up with Maestro's claim and I liked Rob's gambit, so I'm pretty sure it's Maru.
Wouldn't scum dayvig have saved their shot for a lylo situation, and used it to win without having to lynch?

Besides, my recklessly using my shot is not alignment indicative. go read PYP5 democracy ho on my wiki. I like to recklessly shoot. Day Vig is my all time favorite role, irregardless of alignment cuz I love shooting crazy on day 1
Ok, fine. I still think you are scum though.
You can find my meta on my wiki.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:38 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 197, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm going to trust in Bald Eagle's towniness for now and propose this. Maestro is moving back up my scum list for this pointless noise about the randomisation and how zomg no one is doing anything, his outrage looks forced to me. I say lynch him

Bald jailkeeps Maru/Rob
I roleblock the other

If there's no support and we lynch Maru/Rob

Bald Jailkeeps Maru/Rob
I target Maestro, which will at least fully verify the aesetic part of his claim
How is me talking about the randomization useless noise when it's to prod Maru about wtf he's talking about? and how the fuck am I wrong when I'm saying you and bald were doing nothing? you weren't, Maru even (somewhat?) tried to answer your questions and you haven't reacted at all, you've just said you think bald is Town now for some reason when he's done nothing to deserve it - and neither have you
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:39 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 201, Rob14 wrote:I'd like to note that NM's result matching Maestro's claim after Maestro's claim is public knowledge means absolutely nothing whatsoever.
this is why I'd rather lynch him first and Maru tomorrow
if you're actually a JK just use it on Maru and if we're right he can't kill, gg right? or am I missing something

and yes there's a reason I haven't voted
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:58 am

Post by Maruchan »

Nah a Maru anything dayvig would shoot day one preferably before the end pf page one, irregardless of alignment.
Show
Join Now!

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:26 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

@Maestro. I'm saying your outrage looks fake and you're just yelling for the sake of it.

And I'm able to roleblock so if I have priority I could stop the jk
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:28 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

And Maru's response was standard gambler's falacy. It did nothing to advance my read on him. I don't see the dayvig as alignment indicative as sns was obvscum.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:51 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 206, Not_Mafia wrote:@Maestro. I'm saying your outrage looks fake and you're just yelling for the sake of it.

And I'm able to roleblock so if I have priority I could stop the jk
exactly? that's why I said I'd rather lynch you if there's any chance you're Scum
I don't care what you think of my "outrage" lol
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:52 am

Post by Maestro »

basically, Rob, if there's any chance NM is Scum WITH ANYBODY or even alone, he should die because he's the threat to Town having full use of their Night Actions

Maru is essentially a Goon now and can be kept under wraps tonight by you, but if NM is Scum with anybody he can block you and let his partner kill tonight
if he's Scum by himself he already has the ability to use both actions in one Night ( depending on the Mod he could do both even with a partner )
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:53 am

Post by Maestro »

VOTE: Not_Mafia

Maru tomorrow most likely
I expect I'll die but Rob shouldn't waste the JK to protect me, since it won't work
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:56 am

Post by Rob14 »

If I consider NM/Maru to be the possible scum, then actually my vote should be on NM. Maru's confirmed to have no remaining ability, since he used a dayvig and all dayvigs are one-shot, but Not_Mafia could still have one.

Vote: Not_Mafia

P-edit: What you said …. :roll:
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:57 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Maestro

Not even trying to understand my read on you
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:21 am

Post by Maestro »

What do you want me to say to "your outrage looks forced"?
"It's not, you're wrong" was the only thing that came to mind

outrage for me in a game is not alignment indicative, you thinking my outrage looks forced is an opinion you haven't really justified or engaged me about
and now you've just OMGUSed
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:22 am

Post by Maestro »

my vote on you is based on logic, association, intuition, and process of elimination
your vote on me is based on opinion and seems to be prompted by my vote on you...

wtf are you trying to pull here?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:22 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 211, Rob14 wrote:If I consider NM/Maru to be the possible scum, then actually my vote should be on NM. Maru's confirmed to have no remaining ability, since he used a dayvig and all dayvigs are one-shot, but Not_Mafia could still have one.

Vote: Not_Mafia

P-edit: What you said …. :roll:
Townbloc2014 bro
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:29 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Whether I'm wrong or not my point is you didn't even try to consider if it was coming from a town perspective, and my scumread on you came before your vote and we're in a potential LYLO/MYLO situation so how is it OMGUS?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:47 am

Post by Rob14 »

Town Not_Mafia could think M's outrage is forced genuinely.

Scum Not_Mafia could claim M's outrage is forced because it gives him a convenient case to push.

There is no evidence one way or the other. End of analysis.

I mean, we could all write out that type of mental analysis every time we do it, or we could just think about these things and only write them down if the conclusions are important. Since reading walls can be annoying, I'd rather go with the latter.

As a side note, that reaction is pretty normal M.

As a side note to my side note, I should note that M = Maestro. That's something from the IRC community. Just realized that could be slightly confusing for the uninitiated, given that Maru is in the game as well.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:17 am

Post by Maruchan »

VOTE: Not_Mafia

I like being the Hammer Guy.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:18 am

Post by Maruchan »

I should point out that even with 2 scum, if not mafia is not a scum, this does not spell a scum win.

scum can only win when no threats to the scum remain (meaning town/any other alignment)
Show
Join Now!

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:19 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

But if the scum are the same alignment you can't outvote them and there are no town killing roles
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:24 am

Post by Maruchan »

No but there is town roles like jailkeeper and roleblocker. They can stop the scum kill, and then it's a stalemate on voting and pretty much is a no-lynch because nobody will agree to lynch the differing alignment and the game ends in a draw.
Show
Join Now!

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:27 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Then scum just have to wait until they out-predict the JK, and if Maestro is ascetic scum then it's gg anyway
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:44 am

Post by Maruchan »

Good point didn't think about that one.
Show
Join Now!

JerryArr
JerryArr
he/him
Goon
JerryArr
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:13 am

Post by JerryArr »

Majority reached; post forthcoming.