Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by ActionDan »

w/e. it's so spurious. I'd say 'other scumteam' anytime I'd have mentally pictured a standard scumteam, no less a scumteam containing naraku in it, the main villain. meaning I could say 'other scumteam' whenever I damn well please.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:39 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

Naraku is apparently the one who created the Seven, anyway, so a naive person wouldn't necessarily even infer that they were a separate team.

- Iec
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:52 pm

Post by Venmar »

Couldnt shos have been thinking that it's multiball from the whole multiball idea floating around, and somehow concluded from something in his PM that one scumteam is demon and the other is undead?

Idk, otherwise it does look like a bad slip though.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by ActionDan »

U only believe in non obvious scumslips.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I mean I do. This doesn't qualify
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:04 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

In post 950, beastcharizard wrote:This is why I think Rhaego is scum.
Nothing you've described here makes Rhaego likely scum; it makes him a lurker who replaced out. Who else is scum?
In post 952, HighShroomish wrote:Also I'm 100% sure we have a cop.
Fascinating. I can't believe you are trying to pass a townread on Iec with "he thinks like I do" and then also talk about how you dislike me but not enough for that to swithc your read. Welcome to the special position of "Undesirable #1" on my shortlist. That isn't natural thinking; that is a fabricated read made to look like natural thinking. Klick was scum; you are scum.
In post 955, Majiffy wrote:this is not the reasoning of someone with a legitimately town inuyasha role pm. You shouldnt have to imo your alignment. Shos doesnt believe his own claim.
Wrong. Shos is being open and honest. Hes town, leave him alone. Can I interest you in High Shroomish or Mist?
In post 958, Venmar wrote:Can confirm, made Walter White a fake claim in Breaking Bad Mafia, and a lot of Main-ish characters in TWD Mafia.
This is pretty much the definition of active lurking.
In post 963, HighShroomish wrote:No. It's a 27-Shot Vig unlimited BP Unlychable claim.
Still cheeky and scum.
In post 968, Birds of Prey wrote:If Rhaego is scum, so is Egg for this post. It subtly says only the worst offender at a particular transgression can be scum and searches for another player to make worse than Rhaego.
No it doesn't, its a very good inquiry into beastcharizards really bad tunnel on someone who probably isn't scum.
In post 970, HighShroomish wrote:No, it doesn't explicitly say Miller but I'm a town-aligned Demon, so I'm pretty sure that means I'm a miller.

I didn't claim in my first post because the whole miller thing didn't register at first but then I realized it and was like holy fuck I'm a miller.
This post gives me mixed emotions. Let me think about what this means for my desire to lynch you.
In post 1009, T S O wrote:but if it's a hydra, why is it inactive?
Wow. You are just looking for any excuse to scumread mastin and it stinks.
In post 1017, Lord Mhork wrote:Guys. SHOS SAID OTHER SCUM TEAM.

Until someone can come up with a plausible reason why A) he said that and B) he has refused to acknowledge that, he's basically confirmed scum in my eyes.
A) He said it because he has reason to believe that flavor name is in the game and he sucks at phrasing things. The end. Hes actually town for it.
In post 1025, ActionDan wrote:w/e. it's so spurious. I'd say 'other scumteam' anytime I'd have mentally pictured a standard scumteam, no less a scumteam containing naraku in it, the main villain. meaning I could say 'other scumteam' whenever I damn well please.
You are the hero this thread deserves. But not the one it needs right now.

~AP
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by Birds of Prey »

I could see Mist, AP. Shroomish seems town as fuck to me. Why do you see Shroomish as scum?

Majiffy, it's comedy hour I see. Time for a Majiffy impression. Sad to see your mislynch can't go through? I'm not.

- VFT -
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 1030, AngryIcerink wrote:This is pretty much the definition of active lurking.
Holy shit, no offence AP but I swear I thought you were better at this game.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 941, shos wrote:That game? Lol we played many times mate
We've played like twice, maybe thrice (this game being our third). The game I am referring to is a game that was eaten by the tigers, but in said game I had you pegged as scum and then you accused me of saying something that I did not say, much like you are doing here, including having the same conversation where you ask ME to trust you but refuse to trust me.

I think its possible that you are caught scum with a main character fake claim, its also possible that you are scum fake claiming the main character in hopes of drawing out the real main character.

I think that your lurking "explanation" is fake. I think this "oh I'm not going to get lynched!" is cheeky scum. I also think this "oh there's no content" is fake. Still, there was no role fishing involved so meh.
In post 981, shos wrote:the assumption that inuyashs is autotown was made by me.
I know this point was already made by Jiffy but why would you ASSUME autotown if you have a town pm?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1030, AngryIcerink wrote:Wrong. Shos is being open and honest. Hes town, leave him alone.
Can I interest you in High Shroomish or Mist
?
Why would you want to interest someone in a wagon that you aren't on?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I also haven't doubled posted in so long...I think I might repost one of my posts sometime.

AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:48 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

In post 1034, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1030, AngryIcerink wrote:Wrong. Shos is being open and honest. Hes town, leave him alone.
Can I interest you in High Shroomish or Mist
?
Why would you want to interest someone in a wagon that you aren't on?
My guess is that he doesn't feel comfortable changing the vote without talking to me first. I know that as of a few days ago (via a phone call on the 4th actually) his position was that you were scum who legitimately believed we were otherscum. So I could imagine him kind of rotating into thinking about other things to vote (i.e., NeroScum -> NeroScumScumhunting -> NeroTown?!).

But we've only talked about Shos today. He basically said he's very sure Shos is town and will let me be angry at him if he is wrong.

- Iec
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1036, AngryIcerink wrote:So I could imagine him kind of rotating into thinking about other things to vote
not if ya'll are town.

AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

You are bad at critical thinking, or else you are just trying to annoy me.

- Iec
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Post by Young and Beautiful »

And at last I see the light-

UNVOTE:

VOTE: shos

-and it's like the fog has lifted!

- y -
WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME WHEN I'M NO LONGER YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL? ... (I KNOW YOU WILL)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Could be. Just idk....you're town and you have your vote sitting on your #1 pick as scum...so you (your slot) think the #1 wagon is a mislynch but doesn't sell his #1 scumread? But the last he told you that he thinks I'm scum so I don't really get why he'd "start thinking about other things"

But here's a question to you, obviously 1030 was written by AP and you don't know AP's thoughts...why do you feel the need to respond instead of just waiting for him to reply or for him to tell you what he was doing?

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:40 pm

Post by shos »

In post 1020, Birds of Prey wrote:shos may be scum but "other scum" is taken out of context. One team, according to shos's theory, is full of demons. The other is full of undead. My role pm suggests that shos's theory isn't accurate since I have being a demon in my role PM and so does Shroomish. shos's language is quite similar to mine. We're demons but know jackshit beyond that.

Other team is a shitty case.

-VFT-
how did you know I am a demon? I explicitly avoided saying that.
In post 1024, AngryIcerink wrote:You would naturally tend to say "one scumteam" or "the scumteam" rather than "other scumteam." Town shos had to read AD's inference and believe it and trust in it and refer back to it without and explicit re-reference 20+ pages later.

In other words, he never made a reference to the Naraku team in the vicinity of saying "other scumteam," so I think it's less likely that he was contrasting waaaaay back to AD's claim.

- Iec
Yes. This was a reference to the point where someone(presumeably AD) said that naraku is one team. So i said the other is undead.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:43 pm

Post by shos »

In post 1027, Venmar wrote:Couldnt shos have been thinking that it's multiball from the whole multiball idea floating around, and somehow concluded from something in his PM that one scumteam is demon and the other is undead?

Idk, otherwise it does look like a bad slip though.
I kinda wanna go 'same for you' about the demon thingie. We already know that there are demons whp are town. Id is flavorly viable that the naraku team is a demon team? I mean people keep assuming undead by me and demons by????

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:50 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

In post 1040, Nero Cain wrote:Could be. Just idk....you're town and you have your vote sitting on your #1 pick as scum...so you (your slot) think the #1 wagon is a mislynch but doesn't sell his #1 scumread? But the last he told you that he thinks I'm scum so I don't really get why he'd "start thinking about other things"

But here's a question to you, obviously 1030 was written by AP and you don't know AP's thoughts...why do you feel the need to respond instead of just waiting for him to reply or for him to tell you what he was doing?
1. Why not? I have some limited insight into AP's thoughts because we text/talk daily and talk about this game sometimes. No reason not to clarify when I have context.

2. Tbf AP sometimes has a posting style that I would find scummy if I were naive to our alignment. He was annoyed at Egg, for example, and thought his posts were disingenuous, but I would probably have raised an eyebrow at some of the same things that Egg did.

- Iec
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:51 pm

Post by shos »

In post 1033, Nero Cain wrote:
I think that your lurking "explanation" is fake. I think this "oh I'm not going to get lynched!" is cheeky scum. I also think this "oh there's no content" is fake. Still, there was no role fishing involved so meh.
In post 981, shos wrote:the assumption that inuyashs is autotown was made by me.
I know this point was already made by Jiffy but why would you ASSUME autotown if you have a town pm?
1. I think we played more, but either way, you are welcome to see my newly made wiki(thanks toolenduso!!) and see my scum winrate and practically every scum game of mine. Top poster, maybe second to wisdom lol, always, cunning, manipulative bitch. Definitely not a lurking smug.

2. I was sure that YOU WILL AUTOTOWN ME after my claim. I dp not need my claim to think i am town, no convincing needed here. YOU do. I assumed that after i say inuyasha YOU ALL WILL AUTOTOWN ME.

*SIGH*

I need to sleep.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:52 pm

Post by shos »

I mean come on O have ~50 games and 8000 posts make a fucking average. Lurking scum? Me?

Im fucking annoyed

Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:53 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

Will not have time for this for a few days
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:54 pm

Post by shos »

Iec+AP, what do you think of majiffy and neros push. Is it worthy of a scumread? I already haveone on NC but maybe maj is tickling kagome with a sword too.

AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:09 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

In post 1047, shos wrote:Iec+AP, what do you think of majiffy and neros push. Is it worthy of a scumread? I already haveone on NC but maybe maj is tickling kagome with a sword too.
I think Majiffy is town for the negative town utility claim; AP may have a different perspective.

FWIW Majiffy likes to find perceived slips and stick to them when town. He did this in Teen Wolf mafia relatively recently, where I was scum and he caught a scumfriend with reasoning that I found bogus, but he stuck with it through like 3-4 days of content. I don't know whether he does this as scum, too. I know I'm more likely to do it as scum personally (cf., Dynasty Warriors mafia), but that's just me.

- Iec
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:23 pm

Post by shos »

In post 21, Majiffy wrote:I am potentially a negative-utility town role. I would rather not expound any further on it at the moment because I'm not entirely certain as to the nuances outside of my control.

Carry on.
Has any new info gotten to you bynow? Any update youmay think is needed a thousand posts latee?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”