Micro 352 - Chosen Mafia Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:24 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Mod, keep your OP updated, please. I wasted several minutes analyzing Scarab only to find out he's dead...
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:25 am

Post by RedCoyote »

And Sal.
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:32 am

Post by NicCage »

Sorry, free time has been at a premium. I'll be more active shortly. Also looking forward to hearing from RedCoyote
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:54 am

Post by Porkens »

IDK should be banned from joining new games.

on the other hand OMGOMGOMG REd glad you are here.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:12 am

Post by Melmond »

In post 150, RedCoyote wrote:Mod, keep your OP updated, please. I wasted several minutes analyzing Scarab only to find out he's dead...

Fixed, sorry about that.

Vote Count 3.1
Lia - 1 (Porkens)

Not Voting: (OkaPoka, NicCage, RedCoyote, Lia)

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline is July 16th at 2pm EST.
Last edited by Melmond on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:15 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Wall post incoming! It's not too bad though given how short the game is.

Spoiler: Big Bad Wall
Lia 7 wrote:And three is better than two!

Vote: Xayzeck

This is the worst voter on the Xay wagon. Oka was OMGUS'd by Xay, and the way in which it was done does not strike me as scum-scum voting. Scarab's vote was questionable, but his is town sounding. I wouldn't put it by Scarab to orchestrate something like this to get some town points, but I'm not going to get overly paranoid about that for now.

Additionally, Lia is the dreaded "3rd vote" on the wagon. Not a huge argument against her as general scumtells can often be fallible, but there is some logic to them. The logic being that the "middle voters" are the easiest to slip in and out without causing too many waves.

One final point, Scarab and Oka both check in after it is announced Xay is at L-1. They both had opportunities to unvote him (albeit small ones) if they felt the pressure was getting too much for Xay. Lia (and BBT, but that's moot) is the only player that wasn't around. In other words, of the three players on the wagon (not counting Porkens and BBT), two of them could've slowed it down and chose not to do so.

---

Lia 37 wrote:So Porkens and possibly Scarab start off in the town pile.

Let's try this:

Vote: Oka

I don't like how this is so barren. I mean, this is completely devoid of any sort of real analysis. I appreciate the reads, but I sense a lack of any genuine reaction.

---

Sal 41 wrote:Well that's the problem with your super fast quick hammer. There are only 2 people in this game with more information than town right now, you and/or mafia. That's why when you quickhammer like that, you need to make the first move. If the flip was town you need to be ready to defend yourself from a quick lynch, and if the flip was scum you need to asses that you are most likely conftown.

From what I got, Scarab here just seems too fluffy and fake. Got any brighter ideas, go ahead. I would love to hear from idk about this.

I absolutely love this post. This post stands in stark contrast to Lia's , for example. Sal's on the money here with the first paragraph. Whether Porkens likes it or not, he's the de facto leader in this game at this moment.

---

Oka 42 wrote:With that theory I am going to believe that whoever didn't vote Xay, has a POSSIBILITY of being scum. Which leaves Idk, Niccage, and Salamence20. Your thoughts?

It's certainly possible, but none of those players checked in during the wagon. Sal and Nic didn't even post at all. That kind of a lame argument, Oka.

---

Mod 53 wrote:
No information was leaked. The game must go on!

Oh, ho. Porkens is playing something crazy with this game.

---

Sal 59 wrote:This is fucking dumb gambit

It's kind of silly, yeah. I think it could lead to some false positives, because I would imagine 90%+ of players on MS would want a fair game, first and foremost. Further, while Oka seems a bit flustered, it's really null because I could see him making those posts as town.

All in all, not really necessary. I wouldn't advise him to do something like that again just because I'd imagine there would be mods out there that wouldn't be as laid back as Melmond or myself and go off on Porkens for something like that.

---

Lia 60 wrote:He knew what happened as he posted right after the hammer so this is fake. His posts on this page don't have the ring of sincerity either.

He needs more votes.

This is your first decent post of the game, but I disagree with you because I think "Wth happened" is more a rhetorical question. I'm debating as to whether or not you would've realized that yourself. I think you should've.

---

Nic 79 wrote:I guess, I dunno if scum would necessarily keep quiet since they would think the game was over.

:/

---

Lia asks Scarab a question in about Oka. Scarab responds in , but Lia doesn't acknowledge him in . That strikes me as odd. Why would she drop her argument like that? Especially if she has a townread on Scarab.

---

Lia 104 wrote:Having looked around a bit I'm now ok with this lynch and as it's been more than a day since he was put at L-1 I see no reason not to go ahead.

There are three major things wrong with this hammer. First off, Lia has a proported townread on Scarab as per . Second, this hammer was too quick. There was no reason to rush the game along this fast especially given how quick D1 was. Third, this reads extremely safe. This is written as though she expects Scarab to flip town. "I'm now ok with this lynch and it's more than a day... so I am justified in doing this and you can't hold it against me if it's wrong".

Also, why follow idk of all people? Why not force Scarab to respond to the allegations? How did Scarab go from being in your top two townreads to you hammering him over the course of 3 pages? Where's the progression?

Lia 121 wrote:It could give us a clue to your alignment. I see you've finally replied to that now.

You honestly think Porkens could be scum? :IGMEOU:

Lia 121 wrote:So why didn't you wait to give us a chance to see who his partner was? Didn't you want to risk it?

lolwut

So he's scummy for catching scum too quickly, is that what you're implying?

Lia 125 wrote:If he thought Xay was being too obviously scummy, he could well have thought it better to just cut his losses and get rid of a liability.

This is completely illogical, Lia. I have a very hard time believing that you's honestly entertain something like this. I have to think you are scum that knows Porkens is a Chosen Townie and is trying to keep the possibility of lynching him alive with whatever sort of off-the-wall idea you can come up with.

---

Nic 127 wrote:She's so bold though, I would think new scum who's partner just got shit on would be more timid.

This is a good point and it makes me think you are town. I sorely need more activity from you though because I'm really lacking in analyzing you. Where is your vote?

Nic 130 wrote:I actually think you're scum

...but then you say crap like this and I'm thrown off again. Maybe I'm overthinking you, because I do like your last attack against Lia there.

---

Oka 131 wrote:Porkens plays seem pretty antitown, or insane plays. He is leaning scum to me, but I feel uncomfortable with DAY1 plays.

You're taking this game personally, Oka. Please try and think rationally and don't let what Porkens has done get under your skin seeing as how you were the main "victim" of his gambit.

Oka 131 wrote:I feel Lia is town based on gut feeling.

Oka 138 wrote:3. Lia seems null to me

Oka, you're contradicting yourself and it's making it hard for me to take you seriously at all. Please take a step back and put a bit more thought into the things you say before you post. I'm not trying to be mean with you, please do not take this personally, but you're too scattered here. Take the time to think things through logically.

---

Porkens 139 wrote:I'd be happy to lynch IDK. Let's do something though, this game is getting super boring.

I can sympathize with your frustrations, Porkens, but let's try and focus. The first part of the game went quickly, there's no reason to rush this part. You and I are both solidly town. I'm coming around on Nic being solidly town as well. If that's the case then we have the game won. I just need to get you two on board with me.

---

Lia 144 wrote:Yeah, well I don't vote for my town reads so...

Except for Scarab.

Lia 144 wrote:I saw it as a rhetorical question expressing surprise which looked fake because he had been around after the hammer.

I don't understand. You saw it as a rhetorical question? This argument doesn't hold, then. A rhetorical question implies he was making a point, not asking a question.

If you don't want to read all of that above, then read my handy summation.

tl;dr = Porkens is confirmed town, obviously. There are only two people that are seriously pushing Porkens as scum, Lia and Oka. One of them is scum, and I think it's most likely Lia.

1) Lia's vote on Xay is the worst of all of the living players.
2) Lia is the 3rd vote on the Xay wagon, generally the worst place to be on a wagon.
3) Oka checked in after Xay was put at L-1 and didn't unvote him. Lia did not check in at all, meaning she didn't have a chance to stop this wagon (whereas Oka did).
4) Lia's is completely missing any solid analysis. No idea why she votes Oka. Also note she calls Porkens and Scarab town here (this comes back later). Compare this to Sal's , which is a much, much better post.
5) Lia's criticizes Oka for what she now acknowledges was a rhetorical question. If it was a rhetorical question, then this post makes absolutely no sense.
6) Lia's asks Scarab about Oka, but she ignores his response in and never addresses him again despite hammering him shortly thereafter.
7) Lia hammered Scarab despite having an earlier townread on him and not explaining why this changed.
8) Lia quickhammered and didn't give enough time for players to debate the Scarab wagon at all.
9) Scarab was not allowed a chance to defend himself, nor did Lia threaten to hammer him if he didn't oblige her requests as is pretty standard for town to do.
10) Lia's reads extremely safe. Note in particular how much she emphasizes that she has "given Scarab enough time" as though she knows she'll be challenged about this after Scarab flips town.
11) Lia's and beyond imply that she thinks Porkens could be scum.
12) In the same post, she contends that Porkens is scummy for catching scum too quickly. This bizarre argument leads me to believe that she knows Porkens is a Chosen Townie.
13) Lia claims to not vote town reads in despite the fact that she hammered one.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:24 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm going to hold off on voting for a day or two despite my confidence. I need to hear a bit more from Oka and Nic.

Oka, if you think it's a serious possibility that Porkens is scum, I need you to please engage me a bit and elaborate on that beyond calling him antitown. I want to argue with you on this in a constructive manner in order to hopefully convince you you are going to wrong direction in suspecting him. I think you feel a bit slighted by Porkens and that may be clouding your judgment a bit. In short, I want to get some more out of you.

Nic, we apparently have a lot we agree upon. How confident are you that Porkens is town? What do you think about the Xay wagon in general? Do you agree with my point that Lia hammered Scarab in a strange and scummy manner. If so, do you want to add anything to that? If not, why am I wrong?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Don't everybody speak all at once now.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by Porkens »

I can't vote her any harder.
Lia
Lia
Goon
Lia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:32 pm

Post by Lia »

Hi RedCoyote!

In post 146, OkaPoka wrote:The posts before 40 and 41 actually had actions and accusations to go along with each other. Then Salamence wants a mini wagon on Scarab, and Scarab randomly points that NicCage is scum. I was confused at the plays town was making and why no action went along with it.

So Scarab was saying that Nic might be scum, while agreeing with him that Porkens should explain his action, and Salamence was explaining his earlier unsupported vote. I really don't see what's so confusing about these, or how they differ from the earlier posts.

In post 155, RedCoyote wrote:3) Oka checked in after Xay was put at L-1 and didn't unvote him. Lia did not check in at all, meaning she didn't have a chance to stop this wagon (whereas Oka did).

This is one of the things that makes me hesitate about Oka, but it was possible that he didn't expect anyone to hammer and didn't want to be the first to unvote.

In post 155, RedCoyote wrote:4) Lia's 37 is completely missing any solid analysis. No idea why she votes Oka.

There was very little to go on at the time. As I said in : "The vote was based on a very weak scum tell; better than nothing but not by much." I thought his RVS vote could be distancing.

In post 155, RedCoyote wrote:5) Lia's 60 criticizes Oka for what she now acknowledges was a rhetorical question. If it was a rhetorical question, then this post makes absolutely no sense.

Why not? I thought it was a fake rhetorical question, said for effect, and his attempts to persuade me it wasn't haven't convinced me.

In post 155, RedCoyote wrote:6) Lia's 85 asks Scarab about Oka, but she ignores his response in 93 and never addresses him again despite hammering him shortly thereafter.

Scarab's reply didn't add anything either way to my read of Oka, which had been my reason for asking, but seemed a bit evasive, which is why I started to take a closer look at him.

In post 155, RedCoyote wrote:7) Lia hammered Scarab despite having an earlier townread on him and not explaining why this changed.

The explanation was in post , where I voted him. Unfortunately I can't expand on that yet but it was enough to turn my town read into a scum read.

In post 155, RedCoyote wrote:8) Lia quickhammered and didn't give enough time for players to debate the Scarab wagon at all.
9) Scarab was not allowed a chance to defend himself, nor did Lia threaten to hammer him if he didn't oblige her requests as is pretty standard for town to do.

I've already explained why I hammered when I did. Scarab has the chance to make a defence when he posted , and but didn't.

In post 155, RedCoyote wrote:13) Lia claims to not vote town reads in 144 despite the fact that she hammered one.

Nope. I did not have a town read on Scarab when I hammered.

Do you think Scarab's opinion of idk's case was correct?
What do you think of Porkens' vote on Scarab?
What do you think of Porkens' failure to back up his claims?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

I think Lia is town.

I think Coyote is town.

I think NicCage is town.

Porkens is in the middle though, which makes me most suspicious of him.

My reasoning.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:00 pm

Post by Porkens »

My failure to back up what claims?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by Porkens »

We can lynch Oka, too. Oh god the urge to give up on this game is sooooo strong Red.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:50 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Lia 159 wrote:Hi RedCoyote!

Howdy, Lia! I wish I could bring you more cheery news, haha. I appreciate you defending yourself sensibly, although I hope you understand it's going to be a tough sell to get me to move from where I am.

Lia 159 wrote:This is one of the things that makes me hesitate about Oka, but it was possible that he didn't expect anyone to hammer and didn't want to be the first to unvote.

Certainly. It's a small point, but worth noting. It's also possible that Nic wasn't even around when the Xay wagon happened to assist his partner either.

Lia 159 wrote:As I said in : "The vote was based on a very weak scum tell; better than nothing but not by much." I thought his RVS vote could be distancing.

It's funny you bring up your post 144, because that's the post where you clarify to Porkens that Scarab was a townread of yours (hence you hammering him shortly thereafter is contradictory and scummy). You can characterize it as weak or very weak, that's besides the point. The point is you vote someone and explain why it is you are making that move, even if you aren't extremely confident in it yet. No one reasonable expects you to be super confident on page two. I pointed to Sal's as a good contrasting post. That's post was made at around the same time, but it's clear Sal is approaching the game from a town mindset, in contrast to your post.

Lia 159 wrote:Why not?

Because you reference that Oka knew that the hammer had taken place. Ergo, you are assuming that Oka is referring to the hammer. You are implying that Oka was saying "Wth happened [to cause us to be in D2 now]?", and then making the allegation that Oka is scummy because he should know that there was a hammer given the fact that he checked in after it happened. In other words, that he's genuinely trying to ask players what had happened. If you now say that you realized it was a rhetorical question, then that doesn't sync with what you said in , "He knew what happened as he posted right after the hammer". If it was a rhetorical question, then the hammer has no place in your argument whatsoever, because he's not asking about the hammer, he's making a statement.

Lia 159 wrote:Scarab's reply didn't add anything either way to my read of Oka, which had been my reason for asking, but seemed a bit evasive

If you actually thought this at the time, you would've said something, much like you said something when Oka's posts seemed off to you.

Lia 159 wrote:Scarab has the chance to make a defence when he posted , and but didn't.

My point is that you didn't threaten to hammer him if he didn't talk to you. You didn't let him know that you personally were starting to change your read on him. For all he knew, he could count on you as having a townread on him at the time. Given that the deadline wasn't looming and the town had no reason to rush into another lynch after just hitting scum in the first day, he had no reason to worry that he would be hammered immediately, certainly not by someone that purported to have a townread on him.

Lia 159 wrote:Nope. I did not have a town read on Scarab when I hammered.

Hah, well, changing your read from town to scum and hammering in the same post doesn't really do much for me, hon.

Lia 159 wrote:Do you think Scarab's opinion of idk's case was correct?
What do you think of Porkens' vote on Scarab?
What do you think of Porkens' failure to back up his claims?

I'm bias. I know both slots are town. I didn't bother reading idk's case and have no intention to as it's redundant at this point. After all, it was supposedly good enough to convince you.
I think Porkens is confirmed town due to the Xay wagon. Additionally, the only logical reason Porkens has been left alive is due to the fact he's a Chosen Townie and cannot be NKed. It stands to reason that only players that are suspecting him would be scummy. His Scarab vote was decent enough. I had Scarab leaning scum until his flip myself. I had a bit more evidence of this in my wall post, but I trimmed it out upon learning he was dead.
I don't understand what you mean by claims.

---

Oka 160 wrote:Porkens is in the middle though, which makes me most suspicious of him.

My reasoning.

What do you mean, "he's in the middle"? The middle of what? I assume this means you have a null read on him, which by all accounts should actually be worse than Lia's POV. Lia is completely approaching this game the wrong way in regards to Porkens, but I can understand why she's doing so because it makes sense from a scum perspective. To imply that you do not have a read on Porkens is silly though, Oka. He's the last person you should have trouble formulating a read on. Oka, can you address the specific things I asked of you in ? That was a summary of what I was concerned about you in my wall post because I figured you wouldn't take the time to read that.

---

Porkens 162 wrote:We can lynch Oka, too. Oh god the urge to give up on this game is sooooo strong Red.

Well, Porkens, you're good, my man. Really I'm just holding off a bit because I want to interact with Nic/Oka a bit more. I know you're town, and I don't really need to hear more from you personally.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:05 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 163, RedCoyote wrote:the only logical reason Porkens has been left alive is due to the fact he's a Chosen Townie and cannot be NKed. It stands to reason that only players that are suspecting him would be scummy.

This reads like maybe you think the scum knows who the Chosen Townies are; I don't think they do. They only know one player who is NOT chosen.

Well, Porkens, you're good, my man. Really I'm just holding off a bit because I want to interact with Nic/Oka a bit more. I know you're town, and I don't really need to hear more from you personally.

Is this a nice way to say "shut up?" :wink:
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by NicCage »

In post 156, RedCoyote wrote:Nic, we apparently have a lot we agree upon. How confident are you that Porkens is town? What do you think about the Xay wagon in general? Do you agree with my point that Lia hammered Scarab in a strange and scummy manner. If so, do you want to add anything to that? If not, why am I wrong?

Porkens is almost certainly town, I think his reasoning for hammering Xay is very believable, and it's super unlikely that anyone would hammer their partner like that.

The Xay wagon doesn't tell me much really. I like what you said about Oka's idea that scum is probably off the wagon. At the time it made me more suspicious of Oka, I thought that it was more likely that the other scum had jumped in on the wagon just to be a part of the RVSing almost everyone else was doing. But that was just a small hunch.

I definitely agree that Lia's hammer was strange and scummy. It doesn't make sense to hammer that quickly without first questioning Scarab, especially considering he was a townread, however weak. I don't think idk's case was that strong, or strong at all. If you're looking for a potential counterargument I would say that Lia is inexperienced and in this environment where quicklynching is accepted she thought it would be okay to lynch scarab since porkens was on the wagon and was advocating that we lynch somebody. However, that could contribute to scum-Lia's decision aswell, which is what I think is the case.
I can't add anything to this specific instance, but Lia's:
In post 94, Lia wrote:Are you saying that he would deliberately get his partner lynched before the game had barely begun? I know bussing is a thing but that doesn't make sense.

Directly contradicts these posts:
In post 121, Lia wrote:
In post 120, Porkens wrote:I hammered xyl or whatever his name was partly because his response to being at L-1 felt scummy, especially the random.org comment. He was distancing himself for a stance as hard as possible.

So why didn't you wait to give us a chance to see who his partner was? Didn't you want to risk it?

In post 123, NicCage wrote:Don't you think it's unlikely that scum would hammer their own partner?

Not really if it's to their advantage. Unlikely in the way it was done here, yes, but wouldn't that be a good reason for doing it? If he thought Xay was being too obviously scummy, he could well have thought it better to just cut his losses and get rid of a liability.[/quote]

So Lia, what changed your mind between these posts?

Also, Red, you asked where my vote is, and it isn't anywhere because I didn't want to see anyone get lynched until I had a handle on everyone's positions.
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by NicCage »

Porkens, in the setup page it says the mafia know who's chosen, but during pre-game they get to veto one player from being chosen.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:31 pm

Post by Porkens »

Oh shit ok then yeah I'm probably chosen
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:05 am

Post by Porkens »

Vote: Lia
Lia
Lia
Goon
Lia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:35 pm

Post by Lia »

In post 161, Porkens wrote:My failure to back up what claims?

Mainly the one I've been repeatedly asking you to back up. I'll take the fact that you had no reply to the last para of my as an answer in itself to that, but I still want an explanation of your comment in , plus your reasons for not explaining it earlier when asked to do so.

In post 163, RedCoyote wrote:It's funny you bring up your post 144, because that's the post where you clarify to Porkens that Scarab was a townread of yours (hence you hammering him shortly thereafter is contradictory and scummy).

How is it contradictory and scummy to change my mind about a player after taking a closer look at him?

In post 163, RedCoyote wrote:You can characterize it as weak or very weak, that's besides the point. The point is you vote someone and explain why it is you are making that move, even if you aren't extremely confident in it yet. No one reasonable expects you to be super confident on page two. I pointed to Sal's 41 as a good contrasting post. That's post was made at around the same time, but it's clear Sal is approaching the game from a town mindset, in contrast to your post.

You've been around long enough to know that sometimes a vote with little or no explanation can be a good scumhunting tool. Oka was my best guess at the time and so I went with that.

In post 163, RedCoyote wrote:Because you reference that Oka knew that the hammer had taken place. Ergo, you are assuming that Oka is referring to the hammer. You are implying that Oka was saying "Wth happened [to cause us to be in D2 now]?", and then making the allegation that Oka is scummy because he should know that there was a hammer given the fact that he checked in after it happened. In other words, that he's genuinely trying to ask players what had happened. If you now say that you realized it was a rhetorical question, then that doesn't sync with what you said in 60, "He knew what happened as he posted right after the hammer". If it was a rhetorical question, then the hammer has no place in your argument whatsoever, because he's not asking about the hammer, he's making a statement.

No; I never thought he was genuinely trying to ask players what had happened. As I said in , I thought it was fake. An exclamation/rhetorical question to disassociate himself from what had happened. I've already explained this in .

In post 163, RedCoyote wrote:If you actually thought this at the time, you would've said something, much like you said something when Oka's posts seemed off to you.

I didn't say anything because I was still getting my thoughts together about Scarab and doing a bit of reading.

In post 163, RedCoyote wrote:I'm bias. I know both slots are town. I didn't bother reading idk's case and have no intention to as it's redundant at this point. After all, it was supposedly good enough to convince you.
I think Porkens is confirmed town due to the Xay wagon. Additionally, the only logical reason Porkens has been left alive is due to the fact he's a Chosen Townie and cannot be NKed. It stands to reason that only players that are suspecting him would be scummy. His Scarab vote was decent enough. I had Scarab leaning scum until his flip myself. I had a bit more evidence of this in my wall post, but I trimmed it out upon learning he was dead.
I don't understand what you mean by claims.

Idk's case wasn't the only thing that made me change my mind about Scarab, but I've said all I'm going to on that matter.
How was Porkens' vote decent enough, in view of what he said about it?
Re: Porkens claims about me, see the first para of this post.

@ Nic:
I didn't change my mind between those posts; just my paranoia after being misled by a seemingly unnecessary Day 1 bus in my last game. In I was trying to get a reaction out of Porkens.

I've got a slight town read from Porkens' .

RedCoyote has twice expressed concerned about Porkens being Chosen. This isn't something that town needs to worry about as it makes no difference to us, but it would effect scum as they need to get at least one of them lynched. I'm wondering if RC thinks Porkens is unlynchable and that is why he is trying to push my lynch using Porkens as a lever.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:36 pm

Post by Porkens »

I literally can't figure out what you are talking about. Your first three or four posts were fluff, as I said. Maybe you think you asked a salient question, but I'm not seeing it. At best though you are still accusing me of making shit up and avoiding some "point" which can't possibly matter at all.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:14 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Prod Dodge/

I actually agree with Lia...
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:20 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Nic's is good stuff. I especially like how he caught Lia in yet another contradiction. I feel good about him.

Lia, God love her, is fighting to the last second, but there's no way I am seeing her as town here. She may be able to sell me a bit better if she acknowledged how far out some of her arguments are (specifically about Porkens being potential scum), but even then I think I'd still be where I am right now.

VOTE: Lia
Lia
Lia
Goon
Lia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:46 am

Post by Lia »

I've already pointed out that that wasn't a contradiction but I can see why you're happy to jump on it. In case you didn't notice, the first of those three quotes didn't relate to either Porkens or his hammer.

I note that you didn't mention that your vote put me at L-1.

One of the reasons I haven't voted yet toDay was that my gut wasn't agreeing with my head. Now it is. At first I thought you might have just misread some of my posts so I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt. Now it's looking more like manipulation, both through the way you have presented your arguements against me and through the patronising tone of some of your posts.

Vote: RedCoyote

@ Porkens:
You seem to have a very strange definition of fluff if it includes giving reads, voting, pointing out concerns and asking for clarification, which is what I was doing in those posts. As for the other point I raised, that was due to your accusation that I was either playing dumb or hoping you were actually dumb which made me think you were trying to make me look bad, but that could have been due to your not understanding what I meant by the word "comment".
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:53 am

Post by NicCage »

Intent to hammer

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”