Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:19 am

Post by Sharpest-knife-on-tree »

In post 1024, Juls wrote:My point is that if he is a town doing this then he is playing against his wincon. But I don't care that much about him getting punished, I can just personally blacklist him. So I will rescind my theat to report him. So can you stop plying Robinhood now and actually explain to me the town motivation of placing that WIFOM?

I think it was a passive aggressive response. Nothing more, nothing less. It could be done as town or scum. It is simply a reaction. Now it may well be "antitown" response given the definition of what is okay and not okay reaction for town BS (that rarely catch scum.) So it was more self motivate more likely then what you describe as "town motivation." Seeing how I don't give a flying fig about what gets labeled as town or antitown motivation it really is null.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:20 am

Post by Juls »

I also forgot to add in the wifom of the town/mafia count.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:23 am

Post by Sharpest-knife-on-tree »

In post 1026, Juls wrote:I also forgot to add in the wifom of the town/mafia count.

and the reaction to that is harping on shit
it is a safe assumption that there is 5 scum... why he posted those thoughts, I don't have a clue as I don't have their brain but there is nothing scum or town inherently about it. Is it worth attending to given the oddness of it sure but as such that would have nothing indicative of "playing against win condition."
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:49 am

Post by Aegor »

In post 967, Juls wrote:Adrien is THE lynch today. I will fight tooth and nail for this. So, please, just sheep me now.

VOTE: HunterSeeker
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:23 am

Post by Wake1 »

Someone please explain NM's vote on HS in .

Juls, I think you can better explain why you feel my posts feel forced. I certainly don't get that feeling, so try making that make sense, please. I would hate to think Juls is Scum, considering she is saying things that make little sense from my perspective. Interesting. You're going to ignore me throughout this game, are you? While implying that my posts feel forced? So you don't currently Scumread me, yet you're trying to convince people that my posts feel forced, and you think you're going to ignore me. I would not advise that, because I deeply question your dubious motives.

@Everyone
, you think my posts feel forced? Anyone got experience with Scum-Juls? I don't recall playing with her in the past.

Not_Mafia, as said before, I did that initial post in order to get reactions, and reactions to those reactions. I even clarified that it wasn't a reaction test , but a post meant to get some reactions. How exactly am I going to know which reactions to expect before-hand? No, the point is to do something and see what happens as a result. Why are you trying to convince people of an alternate set of facts, fully knowing that I clarified what I did beforehand? Why not speculate over these three deaths? The whole point of deaths is to try and get information from them, while studying their ISOs. Don't be an impediment to our search for the truth, NM.

I don't buy Juls declaring that Adrien is for sure the lynch for today. And if she's wrong, what then? We string her up next? I didn't think so, so let's use our time wisely and not fuck it up. OK? If you want me to vote for Adrien, give us your reasons succinctly.

I can't see there being a 5-Scum team. If that's happened before, then we should assume that just to be safe. Since Cabd was an Even-Night Vig, chances are there's an Odd-Night Vig. One of the two was likely done in by a Vig, which I think is likely. He/she probably shot Cabd, or maybe Farside. I don't know.

HS's sheeping Juls hasn't escaped me, and he will have to explain his actions soon.

Guys, I need your help.
What do you make of Alina so far? Something in my gut makes me feel she's playing just a bit too carefully and subtly. Too smooth. I haven't sorted her out yet, but I'd like her to take more aggressive.risky stands in this game, instead of coasting. And no OMGUS, either.

I'm guessing we have an Odd-Night Vigilante. If we do, and it's multiball, why only two deaths? That tells me something went awry for one, perhaps?

HS, why you assume there's 5 Mafia? Is that unheard of? 16:5 sounds way too unbalanced, unless there's more Town PRs to balance it out.

And Not_Mafia and SKOT are sheeping Juls. Shit's gonna fly if it's a mislynch.

Why are we voting Adrien when we can be voting HS? Why exactly are the reasons for and Adrien vote better than an HS vote?

Interesting. Now Juls is moving to vote HS instead of Adrien C.... I wonder what those sheeping her will do...? I am watching what you do. Don't you dare think what you're doing will go unquestioned. No pressure. :D

I'm liking Aeronaut's . Maybe Juls deliberately switched from Adrien to HS in order to see what her sheep would do? Not sure what to make of that yet.

Hm...

So SKOT moves off the wagon in , and Aeronaut calls him the Tracker in . Did SKOT say he was the Tracker earlier, or is this news? If so, why the hell would Aeronaut out a PR?

I like . Yet, is it fair to say Juls flip-flopped? If I'm going to vote for someone, I'm going to ask for damned good reasons, that are brief...

...unlike Aegor. Why the naked vote, Aegor?
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:47 am

Post by Aeronaut »

So SKOT moves off the wagon in , and Aeronaut calls him the Tracker in . Did SKOT say he was the Tracker earlier, or is this news? If so, why the hell would Aeronaut out a PR?

He claimed tracker very early on, sorry I should have clarified. I'd find it for you, but I'm phone post ATM unfortunately.

As for the rest of that, I guess I'll be the first to answer your questions. For one, I don't actually see your posts as forced, per say. There are plenty of people who seemed more strained than you. However, I tend to have trouble seeing stuff like that sometimes, so I'm not entirely sure.

I don't entirely believe your first post was for reactions. I think you decided to ya this particular game with that persona, and then these people called you on it. So, naturally, you hid behind the cover of "it was for reactions." The rest of your posts seem alright to me though, so you're null to me. Leaning slightly town, because you've made logical sense as of late.

Alina seems extremely town to me. It might be worth it to meta her at some point, to see how she acts in scum games vs town games. It also is a little bit bothersome that none of the scum thought to kill her. That might mean something.

Could the setup be 2 scum groups of 3, and then two Vigs for the town? I dunno, it's sort of hard to tell at this point.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:54 am

Post by Wake1 »

Right.

Why did SKOT claim?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:55 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1031, Wake1 wrote:Right.

Why did SKOT claim?

Nobody knows. Or at least I have no clue
2023 W/L | 1-0
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:57 am

Post by Wake1 »

Why is he alive?

Farside likely protected him.

It could be multiball, but unless the Vig messed up and killed her, how did Scum know to target her?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:07 am

Post by Wake1 »

Were there any other claims besides SKOT Day 1?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:12 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1034, Wake1 wrote:Were there any other claims besides SKOT Day 1?

Adrien claimed commuter.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:17 am

Post by Wake1 »

Scum can be Tracker.

Could Commuter be Scum?

Toomai may have added the role, but wouldn't that be too powerful?

Aeronaut, why is Alina extremely Town to you?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:20 am

Post by Wake1 »

Commuter

The Commuter is a role that "leaves Town" each Night, thus making them ineligible to be targeted by Night actions. By extension, they cannot use any Night actions they may have.

Because they cannot use Night actions, almost all Commuters are pro-Town.

It is worth noting that because in flavor it physically leaves the game for the Night instead of being protected somewhere in Town, Commuter is considered the ultimate in Untargetability, trumping even things like Strongman.

Variations

Most Commuters cannot Commute each Night. Instead, they generally have Odd-Night or Even-Night modifiers attached.
Alternatively, they may be X-Shot and need to choose if they want to Commute each Night.

Use and Power

Commuter blends all the strongest aspects of Bulletproof and Ascetic. It is futile to target them at all while they commute. However, the only roles that may be helpful if they targeted the Commuter are investigative, so in all other cases, Commuter is strong and difficult to use improperly.

Play Advice

Commuter is not an implausible scum fakeclaim, as it explains immunity to kills and (occasionally) blocked actions. If you are an X-Shot Commuter, keep this in mind.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:33 am

Post by Wake1 »

Aeronaut, you're online. Where are you?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:34 am

Post by Juls »

Fucking ipad just lost my long ass response to wake. The Tldr of it is you are talking to people like they are children and it is likely a style thing. I tend to town read your content but get hung up on the style in which you say it. Also, why did you not comment on HS's wifom? You just surface read that whole exchange and rehashed it instead of reading the reasons that are clearly and succinctly presented about HS.

And is it fair to say I flip-flopped? Only on HS. I still scum read Adrian. HS I was town-troll reading until he pulled that wifom shit.
Juls
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:38 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1038, Wake1 wrote:Aeronaut, you're online. Where are you?

I'm on a subway at the moment. When I get home I'll go through everything and answer. I've just been checking in
2023 W/L | 1-0
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:41 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 1039, Juls wrote:Fucking ipad just lost my long ass response to wake. The Tldr of it is you are talking to people like they are children and it is likely a style thing. I tend to town read your content but get hung up on the style in which you say it. Also, why did you not comment on HS's wifom? You just surface read that whole exchange and rehashed it instead of reading the reasons that are clearly and succinctly presented about HS.

And is it fair to say I flip-flopped? Only on HS. I still scum read Adrian. HS I was town-troll reading until he pulled that wifom shit.

Right.

If it's a style problem for you, it doesn't matter now does it? I'm only here to find Scum.

I don't care for the concept of "WIFOM." It's just a lazy way of saying "Hey, don't speculate!"

If it's so clear and succinct, Juls, then please post so in your next post. Since you say it's so, then post it in 4 sentences or less as to why. It should be easy for you, since you're spearheading this, no?

You were on Adrien, then you moved to HS after 3(?) other votes jumped onto Adrien. Assuming you're Town, what do you think of their sheeping you? And what makes HS heavier than Adrien when it comes to the lynch? I want you to spell it our in no uncertain details. Get it off your chest. It should be easy if you're Town.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
BP
BP
Goon
BP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:44 am

Post by BP »

Wow. Fuck.

I skimmed through the thread, but I'm really hung up on Hunter's suddenly appearance and activity.

I will read the thread properly tomorrow and vote him tomorrow, after I'm sure that's the way to go.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:44 am

Post by Wake1 »

I think we should test the notion that Alina is "extremely Town."

Why is that? What has she done that puts her so high up there? Who shares this view, and
why
? The reason I ask is that Day 2 has only just begun, yet she's being read as "extremely Town." She should question why, and whether or not she's being buddied.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:45 am

Post by Wake1 »

Anyone else want to chime in on the Adrein/Commuter claim?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:52 am

Post by Wake1 »

They say posting frequency isn't indicative of alignment, so I guess I should wonder about Damon?

Toomai, would you please prod Damon_Gant. He's said nothing in 4 days.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:54 am

Post by Juls »

If you want me to respect your words and wisdom then don't be an ass hole in the way you address people. You can find scum without being so in people's face. Hint: most of us aren't scum so stop talking to us like we are all caught-scum.

HS is scum for saying the scum/town ratio ( so we will be put off by it when he gets lynched), for saying he 'would bus Adrian' if he were scum buddies with Adrian, while a voting for Adrian, and for saying he and I couldn't be scum buddies together which is setting up for you to lynch me when he flips scum.

Adrian is scum because he is fake as fuck. I will not repost every instance of it that I noted because you can hit that little 'ISO' by name to see them. And he constantly shifts with where the wind of suspicion is floating.

P-edit: read my catchup post. I have recently finished a game where scum claimed commuter so it is highly suspect to me on top of all the other reasons I am scum reading him.
Juls
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:59 am

Post by Toomai »

@Wake88: Time spent during night does not count towards being prodded, as should be expected from any other game here.
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:16 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 1046, Juls wrote:If you want me to respect your words and wisdom then don't be an ass hole in the way you address people. You can find scum without being so in people's face. Hint: most of us aren't scum so stop talking to us like we are all caught-scum.

HS is scum for saying the scum/town ratio ( so we will be put off by it when he gets lynched), for saying he 'would bus Adrian' if he were scum buddies with Adrian, while a voting for Adrian, and for saying he and I couldn't be scum buddies together which is setting up for you to lynch me when he flips scum.

Adrian is scum because he is fake as fuck. I will not repost every instance of it that I noted because you can hit that little 'ISO' by name to see them. And he constantly shifts with where the wind of suspicion is floating.

P-edit: read my catchup post. I have recently finished a game where scum claimed commuter so it is highly suspect to me on top of all the other reasons I am scum reading him.

Some treat me far worse, so as long as they can do so without being reprimanded, what do you think I should think?

I have no problem being in-your-face so long as I'm not personally attacking people.

Everyone is uncleared until proven otherwise, so don't whine about me being suspicious of everyone.

And if I thought someone was caught Scum, I'd be screaming for some lynches.

Interesting. You provide some reasons for HS, but seemingly refuse to do so with AdrienC. Why?

Was the game you finished a large one? How many players? Did HS imply that there were five Scum, or was he asking? If it's a slip, we could pursue that option at least until we get a claim.

In post 1047, Toomai wrote:
@Wake88: Time spent during night does not count towards being prodded, as should be expected from any other game here.

His five posts don't sit well with me.

VOTE: Damon_Gant
— House*
— Nosferatu*
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:18 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 1044, Wake1 wrote:Anyone else want to chime in on the Adrein/Commuter claim?

Many PR's are hard to verify. Neither outed PR got killed. I think there's nothing that can be done about it for the time being.

But onto more important matters...

Why do you think about HunterSeeker explicitly stating that he knows there's 5 mafia? People are saying that he's just trolling but taking yesterday and today into account I think his behavior is scummy.

In post 973, HunterSeeker wrote:

HELP! MAFIA is voting me

And this town is doomed. we are 14 blues against 5 mafs.

He doesn't say 5 scum. He says 5 mafs.

In post 8, HunterSeeker wrote:/confirm for 1st game outside newbie town. Is there a setup/role list and/or do we know the town/scum ratio?

This is HunterSeeker's very first post in the game. It includes setup speculation.

I know I'm not the only person who realized his play this game is different from his play in his first newbie game.

Can we get lynch HunterSeeker now please?
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”