Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:33 pm

Post by havingfitz »

In post 346, IceGuy wrote:
In post 344, havingfitz wrote:
Why is the Neil wagon bs?

Because his behavior screams town.

And why are you voting math? Especially given that the only person (aside from math) that you cast suspicion towards is Siv...who is also voting math. :?

Because we need a lynch and he's the person most likely to get lynched that isn't clearly town. Also bussing.

Neil hasn't done shit since he's joined the game so you must hear Hayato screaming.

As for math...it looks like you don't have a reason other than that he had a wagon. If you come up with genuine reasons for voting him you might get support but not with the nothing we are getting atm.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:03 pm

Post by Bins »

Agreed. So many people have been, "Oh, I'll make a case on Math" or "I'll look at Math." But nothing ever happens.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:10 pm

Post by The Bulge »

I really like IceGuy's introduction. Welcome, IceGuy!
neil, I'm not entirely sure about. Welcome anyway!
Sorry, I should have said this in thread, I'm pretty swamped with summer school homework lately, and a game this inactive is just not high on my priority list (no offense to our wonderful mod or other players). That being said, if we can get this day somewhere remotely close to an end, that would be perfect.

In post 351, Bins wrote:Agreed. So many people have been, "Oh, I'll make a case on Math" or "I'll look at Math." But nothing ever happens.

I think we all need to do this. As it stands right now, it seems like the most viable lynch, but we need to be sure it's the right one.

With replacements coming in and activity slowly picking back up, we should aim for a day end asap because this is getting ridiculous. The fruit below plan is sounding like our official plan, so we'll go with that for sure. Replacements will make it easier to ensure everybody is on board.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:49 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 329, neil1113 wrote:Sigh... I guess I'll read the game. Tonight it should be complete

Zzzzzzzz

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:18 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 352, The Bulge wrote:I really like IceGuy's introduction.

What did you like about it? Other than his suspicions towards Siv...his entrance didn't do anything for me.

I mean....there's no deadline in the game, he places a 3rd vote on someone he gives no reason for suspecting, and avoids putting a 2nd vote (ie same as math att) on his voiced suspect (Siv) who would most assuredly regain votes that had dropped off his wagon: me, ~fish, ~bins, ~The Bulge.

And why does the day need" to end right fucking now?"
You/Ice just joined and have not contributed anything.
Neil has just joined and not contributed anything.
TSO is in the process of being replaced.
don_johnson is on extended v/la.
Everyone else is underposting. ....

Shouldn't we see what the new blood can contribute before ending the day?

Seriously Bulge....wtf is there to like? :?

mathbandit
mathbandit
Townie
mathbandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:21 am

Post by mathbandit »

I'm still here. If anyone wants to explain why they are voting me, I'll be happy to explain the reasons for what I did that they find suspicious. I really am getting the sense though that I am being voted for a combination of being the easy newbie lynch for Scum and the default lynch for Town that couldn't care less.

The best I can get from reading the stated reasons is that I'm suspicious for having not thought that hayato's plan was scum-motivated? That's asinine.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:53 am

Post by havingfitz »

Mod....you there?

No luck on TSO replacement?

Can you officially (vice blanket) prod Aronis.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:28 am

Post by don_johnson »

mathbandit. the case. I wish I had the time to sift through all of this. #87 is what confirmed it to me. the innocentvillager vote just seems a poor reaction to the recent three votes against himself. with part of the reasoning being "inactivity" which is a cop out on page four, and the other being "not observant of the mechanics, just mere posts after defending someone for having a different opinion on theory. just seems like a "shit, I'm getting found out, better brush it off and cast suspicion elsewhere" type post. that is really the crux of my original case. reread that couple of pages and tell me what you think given that context.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
mathbandit
mathbandit
Townie
mathbandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:41 am

Post by mathbandit »

In post 357, don_johnson wrote:mathbandit. the case. I wish I had the time to sift through all of this. #87 is what confirmed it to me. the innocentvillager vote just seems a poor reaction to the recent three votes against himself. with part of the reasoning being "inactivity" which is a cop out on page four, and the other being "not observant of the mechanics, just mere posts after defending someone for having a different opinion on theory. just seems like a "shit, I'm getting found out, better brush it off and cast suspicion elsewhere" type post. that is really the crux of my original case. reread that couple of pages and tell me what you think given that context.

As you said, it was Page 4. This means that the slightest little tell, that would normally be brushed aside, will instead be used to justify votes and such. Inactivity is one such tell. Another tell that I find to be mildly accurate is the pretense of now knowing Open information pertinent to the Scum. I would expect most Town players to know that Scum cannot Fruit + Kill. I would also expect every Scum to know that (s)he cannot Fruit + Scum, but I would not necessarily expect them to know that Town are aware of that.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:46 am

Post by don_johnson »

[quote= mathbandit]
As you said, it was Page 4. This means that the slightest little tell, that would normally be brushed aside, will instead be used to justify votes and such. Inactivity is one such tell. Another tell that I find to be mildly accurate is the pretense of now knowing Open information pertinent to the Scum. I would expect most Town players to know that Scum cannot Fruit + Kill. I would also expect every Scum to know that (s)he cannot Fruit + Scum, but I would not necessarily expect them to know that Town are aware of that.[/quote]

this seems to make no point nor justify your position. an inactive player is more likely to be ignorant of set-up than an active player. to accuse someone of "inactivity" in and of itself on page 4 is a cop out in itself. it reads much more like a diversionary tactic to me than it does a bonafide scumhunting strategy.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
mathbandit
mathbandit
Townie
mathbandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:52 am

Post by mathbandit »

In post 359, don_johnson wrote:
mathbandit wrote:
As you said, it was Page 4. This means that the slightest little tell, that would normally be brushed aside, will instead be used to justify votes and such. Inactivity is one such tell. Another tell that I find to be mildly accurate is the pretense of now knowing Open information pertinent to the Scum. I would expect most Town players to know that Scum cannot Fruit + Kill. I would also expect every Scum to know that (s)he cannot Fruit + Scum, but I would not necessarily expect them to know that Town are aware of that.

this seems to make no point nor justify your position. an inactive player is more likely to be ignorant of set-up than an active player. to accuse someone of "inactivity" in and of itself on page 4 is a cop out in itself. it reads much more like a diversionary tactic to me than it does a bonafide scumhunting strategy.

It's an Open set-up. I expect every Town person to familiarize themselves with the set-up moreso than I expect Scum might have.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:01 am

Post by don_johnson »

there is no logic to that train of thought. whether or not someone familiarizes themselves with the set up is way more of a personal playstyle type thing. this still does not address the other point brought against you. but seriously, you can talk til you are blue in the face(and hopefully you will), but your actions have determined your fate imo. the iv vote was terribad.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:29 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 354, havingfitz wrote:
I mean....there's no deadline in the game, he places a 3rd vote on someone he gives no reason for suspecting, and avoids putting a 2nd vote (ie same as math att) on his voiced suspect (Siv) who would most assuredly regain votes that had dropped off his wagon: me, ~fish, ~bins, ~The Bulge.

Little activity is bad for town. This game has all but stalled. We need it to get going, otherwise scum can just lurk to victory.

Also, Siv is a suspect, but not high on my suspect list. I still read him as town, except for that one post that is scummy as fuck.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:37 am

Post by Formerfish »

Math I have to disagree with you on the point you just made. Scum has more of a stake in knowing the setup so they can take full advantage of it. As town I barely look things over, just enough to have an understanding of what is going on. If I come across something that I don't understand I look then, or ask a question.

So saying that town are more diligent about setup is false.
mathbandit
mathbandit
Townie
mathbandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:42 am

Post by mathbandit »

In post 361, don_johnson wrote:but seriously, you can talk til you are blue in the face(and hopefully you will), but your actions have determined your fate imo. the iv vote was terribad.

If you are claiming that my lynch was set in stone by a post I made on Page 4, I have nothing more to say to you. Not in this game, not ever.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:11 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 23, hayatoBL wrote:giving the fruit to the guy below would be dangerous to town, if by chance one mafia is below the other mafia in the list.

We should think about this some more.
In post 336, IceGuy wrote:I will personally lead the wagon on everyone who claims to not have followed the strategy.

Ice...Why is the hayato/Neil slot screaming town to you?

Who are your top three suspects?

Inactivity is bad but it's no excuse to rush into a lynch. We need to wait for a lynch until everyone is back in the game. To include you and Neil and whoever is replacing TSO.

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:42 am

Post by don_johnson »

In post 364, mathbandit wrote:
In post 361, don_johnson wrote:but seriously, you can talk til you are blue in the face(and hopefully you will), but your actions have determined your fate imo. the iv vote was terribad.

If you are claiming that my lynch was set in stone by a post I made on Page 4, I have nothing more to say to you. Not in this game, not ever.

well. that's overly emotional.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
mathbandit
mathbandit
Townie
mathbandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:28 am

Post by mathbandit »

In post 366, don_johnson wrote:
In post 364, mathbandit wrote:

well. that's overly emotional.

On the contrary, emotional gameplay leads one to say things like "No matter what you could possibly say, you are being lynched 100% due to a vote on Page 4." My own rational response to that is to assume that any further rational debate and conversation would be lost on you.
mathbandit
mathbandit
Townie
mathbandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:42 am

Post by mathbandit »

In post 122, don_johnson wrote:hm. if 120 checks out fact wise, then I'd say its a good post. I hate sorting out walls though.

We start with this post on July 07. He is referring to the case The Bulge made on Siv, saying that if the quotes from Siv happened in the order Bulge claimed they did, Siv is caught in a contradiction regarding the Night plans.
In post 252, don_johnson wrote:
In post 198, havingfitz wrote:
In post 173, havingfitz wrote:@don_johnson:
  • Why are you voting mathbandit?
    Did you ever from post 120?
    Who are your top three suspects and why?
    Who are your top three town?

i'll present the mathbandit case when I return.

no. I'm not a fact checker. I was just commenting on the content of the post. if anyone checked the facts I would love to know.

I do not have three suspects atm. I need to devote some attention to this thread. right now I am on mathbandit for a couple of his posts early on, but that may change with a reread.

I don't have a top three town atm. but I will update that when I return.

v/la until Thursday July 17

i'll check in on Monday or Tuesday, but i'll be out of touch until then.

Skip ahead to July 10, and he helpfully says that "he is not a fact checker." All it takes to check the 'facts' is literally clicking on the little links in Bulge's post to check that he is not misquoting Siv. He also does not have any reads other than me, and admits to needing to devote attention to the game. He is suspicious of me for "a couple of [my] posts early on,
but that may change with a reread."
Note in particular his admission that it is an early post, as well as the fact that his reads are subject to change when he devotes attention to the thread.
In post 361, don_johnson wrote:there is no logic to that train of thought. whether or not someone familiarizes themselves with the set up is way more of a personal playstyle type thing. this still does not address the other point brought against you. but seriously, you can talk til you are blue in the face(and hopefully you will), but your actions have determined your fate imo. the iv vote was terribad.

Skip ahead a week without any substance from him. Not only has he not dedicated any time he said he needed in that week, but in his own words
"
can talk til
am blue in the face ... but [my] actions have determined [my] fate."
Upon further questioning, he then says that in fact, he thinks my lynch was set in stone by the Page 4 post he alludes to earlier.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:46 am

Post by Formerfish »

Math, are you saying DJ is scum or shitty town? If you are saying scum then that's one thing, but if you are saying he is bad town then maybe you shouldn't worry about defending yourself so much if his accusation is really that far off base and help is find some actual scum.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Post by don_johnson »

or we could agree that dj is awesome town all the time and realize that he has a knack for finding scum early and without having to read too much and then we could vote mathbandit and watch him flip scum. but whatevz.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by Siveure DtTrikyp »

In post 354, havingfitz wrote:And why does the day need" to end right fucking now?"
You/Ice just joined and have not contributed anything.
Neil has just joined and not contributed anything.
TSO is in the process of being replaced.
don_johnson is on extended v/la.
Everyone else is underposting. ....

Shouldn't we see what the new blood can contribute before ending the day?

I was thinking basically this. Fitz gets townpoints.

UNVOTE: mathbandit

My vote was basically PoE. People I'm fine with lynching are don, math and... that's kindof it. Maybe aronis, but probably not. Everyone else looks either towner or just better than those two players.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:22 pm

Post by Bins »

I want Ice to say more. His openning post looked fine, but it made me feel weird.

I'm not feeling the math lynch rn. Idk.

gtkas
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by Siveure DtTrikyp »

Huh, guess my goodplayer reads have to change with the replacements...

bleurgh.

Idk. Also, I forgot about bulge there. I don't really have any read on him at all tbh, because I just get caught up in my first read on him...

Will try get some proper thinking done tomorrow. Sorry guys.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by Bins »

sorry if any of this has already been mentioned, i have a lot on my mind relating to other things rn

In post 336, IceGuy wrote:VOTE: mathbandit

replacing into a game with one, unexplained vote doesn't make me feel good. esp with only one other read.

In post 336, IceGuy wrote:This day needs to end right fucking now and I'm not lynching neil since the wagon on him is bullshit.

i agree with this tho! +1

In post 336, IceGuy wrote:Also, the night strategy should absolutely be giving fruit to the person below you on the list (or on top if you're the last one). We need the information now, not later in the game, so our best strategy is indeed to get it over with on N1 and N2 and play the rest of the game mountainous but with extra information.

I will personally lead the wagon on everyone who claims to not have followed the strategy.

i feel like as an entry post, this is kind of fishing for town points.. or trying to clean up the shit IV mentioned... biggest thing that felt off to me.

In post 336, IceGuy wrote:Also, I've got my eye on Siveure. When I started reading the thread, I had him as solidly town, until he posted this. Asking for confirmation about something that is in the scum role PM right at the front of the thread is scum behavior.

it was very unclearly worded in the scum role pm at the front of the thread

In post 2, Robocopter87 wrote:

Mod wrote:
Mafia Two Shot Fruit Vendor

Hi! You're cool, and guess what, you're scum! I just want you to know that I don't think any less of you for that.

Just so you don't feel alone I got a friend for you, their name is [partner name], they also are a rad awesome two shot mafia fruit vendor.

Fun Things You Can Do!
:

• Buddy Talk
    :
    You can talk to your friend here,
    [QT]
  • Killing People
    : Either you or your buddy can submit the kill.
  • Dispensing Fruit
    : During two different nights, you may give another player a piece of fruit. The player will be notified they received fruit.

VOTE: ice dude man

gtkas

Return to “Completed Open Games”