Let's Play X-Com: Enemy Within!

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Feirei
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by Feirei »

In post 24, Prof Fridays wrote:Sassy female Asian posse for the win! Hollaaaa! ^5

hellyea
I apologize if certain words are misspelled. My sister got too liberal with liquid drinks near the laptop.

~Current number of pre-ins for Fire vs Ice Mafia: 0/6~

You never know what you've got until it's gone.
You can call me Fei, Feirei, or Kari.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Is the stream saved a VOD or something somewhere?
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I'm uploading it to youtube now, I wasn't using a microphone for it so it's kind of mediocre IMO though? going to be posting the story through screenshots and text as well but it'll take a while to actually get all of that done.

also for next time either need to figure out how to move the watermark or just use the lower quality resolution to get rid of it because it's right in the middle of the screen and kind of irritating

also also I played through the first few missions since I definitely wanted to get Meld researched first and nobody got a promotion that required any choice for an ability- Meld is done researching so there's two choices to be made (also I see why Wraith did it one mission at a time, i'm getting the first mission story up tonight but it'll probably take until tomorrow to get the other two up)

Next Research-
a)Xeno-Biology (unlocks autopsies and Arc-Thrower research)
b)Weapon Fragments (unlocks laser weapons research)
c) Alien materials (unlocks Nanofiber vest immediately and the carapace armor research)

first Meld facility-
a)Gene Labs
b)MEC Bay
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:24 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Commander Gamma: Listen up soldiers, you've been chosen by your nation to join our first and last line of defense against the recent enemy incursions- The X-COM project. The founding nations militaries have been completely ineffective in dealing with such a mobile threat so we're sending you <location> in the fastest personnel carrier we've got, are there any questions?

Zhou: Why are there only 4 of us going on the mission? There were 6 more recruits left at the barracks and this 'Skyranger' has room for 6 of us.

Gamma: High Command wants a reserve of soldiers should there be...causalties during this mission.

Reck: That's...unsettling. More importantly, why were all of us except O'Neill given fake names and spray-on comestics to use during this mission? I've known you since fuckin' college, this is horseshit. YOU SAID I'D HAVE A BEER HAT, THAT IS NOT BEER HAT STYLE FIGHTING

Gamma: If you should fail, High Command will disavow your actions as a noble but foolish endeavor and shut down the project entirely to avoid political fallout. If it makes you feel better I'm just as fucked if we fail, I've got my entire career riding on this mission.

Reck: You're not gonna die from this though you cunt.

Gamma: Well don't get godamn shot then and we'll all be fine. As for O'Neill, the Irish government representative was...too drunk to provide her alternative documentation.

O'Neill: ...This project is just a political compromise isn't it. We're so fucked.

Gamma:Definitely not. Probably. Just fuckin' deal with it and get back home and you can go by your real names and faces again.

Skyranger: We're at the dropsite, everyone move out.

Dr Vahlen: That container looks like you can harvest its contents- we should take every possible advantage for the long-term fight against these aliens. It looks has a timed self-destruct mechanism so make sure to get to the canisters before it destroys itself.

Gamma: You heard her, take cover and collect that mysterious alien substance

Cybele: Not It, this is a terrible idea.

Zhou Wu: Godamnit. How do you even get this thing open? *Smash*

Cybele: oh fuck it's moving oh fuck oh fuck

Zhou Wu: It just spit out a capsule you godamn coward. Jesus, move up and scan the building up ahead.

O'Neill: HOSTILES SPOTTED, TAKING THE SHOT

O'Neill: SHIT YEAH, X-ray Down!

Zhou Wu: ANOTHER COMING AROUND THE SIDE

Cybele: Oh shit oh fuck oh shit

Gamma: O'Neill's still alive but just barely, there's a medkit on board the Skyranger but High command is refusing to allow landing clearance all the hostiles in the area are destroyed, it's circling the area and if one of those things hit it with plasma it could destroy the entire combat area.

Reck: THAT'S SUCH HORSESHIT GAMMA

Gamma: Just stay calm and eliminate the hostiles as quickly as you can without putting yourself in unnecessary danger.

Reck: SHITBAG, I can't hit the alien with a grenade from here, I'm moving up and you two scout by the trucks over there

Cybele: Please don't be here....none yet, there's another container of orange stuff here though!

Zhou Xu: X-Ray by passenger door of the far truck!

Zhou: He's coming towards us, open fire!

Zhou: He's not shooting yet, try again!
Cybele: WHY CAN'T WE HIT HIM

Gamma:...O'Neill's life signs just went dark.
Reck: At least she took one down, If you fucks die without even actually killing something I'm going to use the extra cosmetics to draw dicks on your faces

Zhou: X-Ray moved to the building, grenade out!

Zhou: X-Ray down, SUCK A DICK RECK

Reck: I wouldn't mind but anyone can fucking kill with a grenade, listen to this

Reck: One more X-Ray! Shot Wide, he's coming towards you!

Zhou: Nope, Cybele it's all yours!

Cybele: I did it!

Gamma: That's the last of them, good work.

Reck: ABOUT GODAMN TIME, GIVE ME BACK MY GODAMN NAME

(reck is Mazakiwi, Zhou is Masutha, Cybele is Chazan, and O' Neill is super dead.)

TO BE CONTINUED (next time with actually customized characters)
and to hold you over til tomorrow, have a picture of the squad going into next mission in all their customizable glory
Last edited by Gammagooey on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feirei
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:40 pm

Post by Feirei »

C for research

B for the other thing.
I apologize if certain words are misspelled. My sister got too liberal with liquid drinks near the laptop.

~Current number of pre-ins for Fire vs Ice Mafia: 0/6~

You never know what you've got until it's gone.
You can call me Fei, Feirei, or Kari.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:21 am

Post by RedCoyote »

*takes a shot for O'Neil*

Poor thing never had a chance...

Vote A and B.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:41 am

Post by ActionDan »

Vote C

Vote A
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:45 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Alien Materials, since Carapace armor is the biggest key to survival early

MEC Bay, since MECs are awesome.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:19 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 32, Sudo_Nym wrote:Alien Materials, since Carapace armor is the biggest key to survival early

"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:23 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I change my vote to Alien Materials... survival is more important than research this game. :mrgreen:
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:24 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

C and B sound good to me.

If only Chazan was my character - my real name is Chaz! Bahaha. Though perhaps that's less in the spirit of the character. Also, I am *so* down for being the sniper.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
caledfwitch
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:03 pm

Post by caledfwitch »

C and B.

Prof, I literally just realized that your name is Friday in Chinese. Like, two hours ago. As a relatively fluent Chinese speaker, can I shoot myself for not realizing that sooner??
Last edited by caledfwitch on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
must i have a gender.. is it not enough for me to simply b kinda hot sometimes

2x mafiascum member of the month !! wowowowee !!!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

<3

I took Chinese 1 in high school - that's it xD
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

THE LAB 4 is live!
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I really hope I don't die in a mission that maybe eventually I'll be put on.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:50 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

AD, hate to break it to you, but the black guy always dies first. :(
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:51 am

Post by Gammagooey »

don't have the second mission writeup done yet, going to be busy tonight but i'll do my best to get it and the 3rd mission up sometime saturday night.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:48 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Reck
"heavy"

great.

also i vote C for the first one (dat armor is sexy) and B for the 2nd one
green shirt thursdays
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:47 am

Post by Cybele »

animorpherv1 wrote:
In post 32, Sudo_Nym wrote:Alien Materials, since Carapace armor is the biggest key to survival early

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:54 am

Post by ActionDan »

question actually.

in the last two panels, how does one Rk. miss an X-ray from 10 feet with no cover and the other hits it from 15 while it has excellent cover.

???
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:15 am

Post by Gammagooey »

that's actually Zhou missing there but because rookies are bad at shooting things + magical RNG gods
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Post by Cybele »

Zhou, don't hold it against me for almost shooting you, mk?
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

Well, I'm the sniper, so if you almost shoot me again there's a problem. But all's forgiven (for now) <3

THE LAB 4 is live!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Bradford: Welcome Commander, I'm Central Officer Bradford. I've heard about the mission in Japan- it's unfortanate that O'Neill became yet another causalty of the extraterrestrials but your success was critical in convincing the council nations to put their full support behind the project.

Gamma: I had been informed that they were still skittish about this endeavor, at least O'Neill's sacrifice won't have gone to waste.

Bradford: Indeed. I'll be working with you closely for the duration of this project-I'll be providing you and your squad with tactical support during your missions as well as managing the normal base operations. I'll be keeping you briefed of any situations that require our organization. When you have a chance visit the Research Labs and Engineering, Doctor Vahlen and our head engineer Doctor Shen wanted to speak with you. And remember, the world's fate may rest on our shoulders. We'll be watching your progress

Gamma: Thanks, I won't let you down.

Bradford: Very. Carefully.

Gamma: Uhm. Right. Which way was the research labs?

Bradford: Take the elevator down and go to the left.

Gamma:...man they always choose the eccentric types for these places don't they. If Bradford is competent it might not be such a bad thing though.

----------

Dr. Vahlen: Commander Gamma, welcome to the Research Labs. We're
Very
interested in any alien objects you can recover, with these new materials and a bit of time we can create plans for objects that may have previously been DECADES into the future- these weapon fragments show great promise for upgraded weaponry, while these alien alloys show promise for being repurposed into new armor for our soldiers. In addition, we're beginng research on the new substance found in the orange canisters on your first mission, and before long we'll need to study the alien's physiology to better understand their abilities and motives for coming here. Once the research on this new substance is complete, you'll have the final say in the priority of these research tasks- we understand that having weapons and armor not meeting the alien's standards will prohibit our ability to...negotiate in a meaningful way with these aliens and hinder our ability to obtain new alien technology. Try to keep in mind that using explosives to kill aliens will usually destroy the technology we're trying to study- only use them as a last resort.

Gamma: I'll keep that in mind, but the soldiers have discretion with when to use explosives- their lives are more important than a few extra weapon fragments.

Vahlen: Understood Commander, but should a soldier be too liberal with them feel free to send them to me- We have several tools to encourage behavioral changes with relatively minimal side effects.

Gamma: How minimal is...nevermind, thank you for your time Doctor.

----------------------

Gamma: Doctor Shen, is it?

Shen: Yes, you must be Commander Gamma- Welcome to Engineering, anything the research lab can think up we can create here. We're still a bit short-staffed at the moment but we've modified the medkits in use in the skyranger to be more portable so your men can carry them and prevent a tragedy like the one befalling O'Neill.

Gamma: That's fantastic, thank you Doctor. Is there anything else I should know?

Shen: We can also create satellites to monitor the skies of countries from UFOs- we only have the uplink capability to monitor one additional satelittle at the moment however, so prioritizing the building of additional satelittle uplinks will be crucial to improving our ability to stop alien attacks.

Gamma: Thanks again Doctor.

----------------------------------------

Gamma: So Reck, how are you holding up?

Reck: These fucks won't stop calling me heavy. I'm not FAT I just weigh a few more pounds than all these skinny fucks. I did get this sweet rocket launcher though, I convinced the armory to make it pink so I can watch the aliens faces as they realize they're going to die from this thing

Gamma: You got a promotion to a heavy weapons soldier you fuckmonger, of course they're calling you heavy. What about the rest of the soliders?

Reck: Cybele finally calmed down on the way back and got a support promotion for taking out two aliens, I think they figured she'd be better off staying back and helping everyone else instead of going insane on the comm on the front lines. Haven't gotten a chance to talk with that Zhou chick but she got a promotion to Sniper, don't know why since she couldn't hit SHIT last mission. Have gotten a chance to talk to two of the new guys.

Reck: One's Eddard, from Sweden- he's says he's friends with the king there but all he talks about is how winter is coming and he calls the aliens 'walkers', never seems particularly happy.

Reck: The other goes by RC, he's literally just here because he somehow found out we were researching big-ass guns and wanted in on it. Hell, he even brought his own to hold him over til' we got done with 'em, he's a bit too happy to actually get to kill something with them. He's been stationed in Germany for years but he's originally from Texas.

RC:
Wooooooooooooo

Reck: I think that's him now actually, the fuck is he going on about.

RC: You're Commander Gamma right? We just got a report on some abductions, they're still figuring out the details but we're gonna KILL SOME SHIIIIIIT

Bradford: Commander, report to Mission Control immediately. We've got a new mission for you.

Gamma: On my way. Reck and RC, come with me.

--------------------------------------------

(Chose this one since it's easier than the other two and engineers are amazing as a first bonus, other two are in the spoiler)

Spoiler: Other Possible Missions

Bradford: We've recieved multiple reports of abductions from Germany, the United States, and Nigeria. We believe that going to Germany will be of the most benefit.

RC: ARE YOU TELLING ME WE'RE ABANDONING AMERICA?

Bradford: Calm the hell down soldier, you and I both know America can handle itself. Germany needs our help more right now soldier, this isn't your decision to make.

RC: ...Yes sir.

Bradford: We believe the enemy forces in Germany will be primarily the same type of alien you faced before, if not entirely so.

Gamma: Radio Eddard and Cybele and have them gear up and meet us at the skyranger then. I'd rather have Eddard get to know how to fight these aliens than having Zhou risk falling behind with her new sniper rifle, I don't think she's going to have a lot of easy shots here.

Bradford: Understood.

--------------------------------------

Bradford: Your objective in this mission is to eliminate any enemy forces and retrieve any of the orange 'Meld' canisters that the aliens have at the dropzone.

Gamma: We're dropping into a cemetery- keep in cover and don't be afraid of collateral damage, desecration of a few corpses is a lot better than adding you as a new one.

Eddard: Winter is coming- we should burn the corpses.

Reck: I TOLD you.

Gamma: Just worry about the mission.

RC: Let's SHOOT EM TO HELL AND BACK, these fuckers can't mess with EARTH

Dropship: Arriving at the dropzone.

Gamma: Those crypts up there look like good cover, move up when you have a chance.

Cybele: Roger that Commander.

Reck: Eddard, watch the right, I've watching the left.

Eddard: Watchers on the walls.

Reck: Stop that shit, just make sure we don't get flanked.

Reck: They're in the distance, 10 O' Clock!

RC: They're hiding behind the graves up there, I can get to the side of the closer one.

RC:Taking the shot!

RC:X-Ray Down!

Gamma: Nice work, Cybele do you have a shot at the other?

Cybele: maybe maybe maybe one second

Reck: Fuck this
Reck:FUCK

Cybele:FIRING

Cybele: Yeeeeees!

Gamma: Fantastic, keep moving up to the center of the cemetary.

Eddard: Yes, your majesty.

Gamma: I'm not...hmm. Nevermind.

Reck: Gamma don't be a clownfuck.

Gamma: Shut up Reck

Eddard: Walkers in the masoleum. Cleansing fire engaged.

Eddard: I've failed.

Reck: fuck you fuck you die you alien bitches

Reck: WHAT KIND OF SHIT GUN IS THIS GAMMA

Gamma: SHUT UP RECK

Eddard: We are the shield that guards the realms of men.

Cybele: Going around the cryyyypt.

Cybele: X-Ray hit but he's not down!

Eddard: We are the SWORD IN THE DARKNESS

RC: Shit YEAAAAAAH KILL EM DEAD

Reck: Shit, nice shot man. Going on overwatch.

RC: Getting into position.

Reck: He's right behind the left wall, moving up and firing

Reck: GAMMAAAAAA

Gamma: Everyone take it down before it gets a shot, Reck stop being shit

RC: Can't get a good shot!

Eddard: I AM THE WATCHER ON THE WALLS

Reck: OH FUCK I'M RIGHT HERE DON'T USE A GRENADE FUCK

Reck: ...Never, ever do that again.

Cybele: We did itttttt!

(Let me know if you want any changes with how I'm making this so far)
Last edited by Gammagooey on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by Cybele »

I've edited a killboard into my first post, HERE. For, like, reasons?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:03 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 47, Gammagooey wrote:Reck: WHAT KIND OF SHIT GUN IS THIS GAMMA

Gamma: SHUT UP RECK

I'm dying
green shirt thursdays