Mini 425 Generic Western Mafia- Game over!

pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 10:19 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Peter Venkman wrote:@PEG, sorry, I misread, thought you had voted. My point still remains valid, as you are certainly defending VRK and attacking me.
It's cool. I don't think i've been attacking you though, just looking for justification, and it has come in your recent posts, so we'll have to see where a VRK lynch takes us.

After reading these last few posts by Peter, and VRK, Peter makes the better argument. That I have no specific posts thing doesn't convince me Peter is scum at all, or even make me want to consider voting him.

vote: Vel-Rahn Koon
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 11:49 am

Post by Sefer »

Eleventh official vote count:

Vel-Rahn Koon (5): Peter Venkman, Thesp, CrashTextDummie, gorckat, pickemgenius
Thesp(2): John, Raffles
Peter Venkman(1): Vel-Rahn Koon
DeathSauce (1): mustafa15

Not voting: Occult, Paradoxombie, DeathSauce

12 alive, 7 to lynch.

Three days until deadline
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 2:09 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Any word from John? He is rather high on my suspicion list but it is kinda pointless to vote an absent player.
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by Sefer »

John has not picked up his prod. I generally give players 3 days from when I send a prod before I start seeking a replacement; that would give him another day. I do not currently have high hopes of getting a replacement before the deadline assuming he doesn't check in tonight or tomorrow.
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 12:41 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Assuming I have my dates straight, deadline is tomorrow.

Vel-Rahn Kuhn - Why haven't you claimed already? Do it now!

It's clearly better in this situation to lynch someone, so please get your act together, town.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 3:30 am

Post by Thesp »

CrashTextDummie wrote:It's clearly better in this situation to lynch someone, so please get your act together, town.
At a deadline, there will be a lynch of the player with the most votes.

Mod: Can you please clarify what you men on the tie-breaking votes?
Are you using longest-held-last-vote, first-to-get-there, or what? Thanks!
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 5:58 am

Post by DeathSauce »

I just can't put that much importance on what could very well be just a simple confusion over the number of scum. It's not that big of a deal, and I don't like Peter and CTD's reaction to it. I also am worried by CTD's pressure for a claim. It is not necessarily the right thing to do.

Vote: crashtextdummie
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 6:22 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Excuse me? Of course it's the right thing to do. He will be deadline lynched tomorrow if nothing drastic happens, he should have claimed in his last post.

In case you didn't notice, I'm the one who pointed out VRK's scum number inconsistency in the first place, which would make what I assume you're calling "my reaction" somewhat of a given. What part of it exactly do you have a problem with? That I pointed it out in the first place (hint: it's called scumhunting)? That I gave him a chance to explain it (he hasn't)? That I'm trying to get someone lynched at deadline? That you "don't like my reaction to it" doesn't even begin to cut it. Please elaborate in detail what I have done to deserve your vote.

Oh, by the way... How's that catching up thing going along you promised when you replaced? Did you discover anything else in your analysis other than the fact that John has gone missing and that there's apparently a link between VRK and Guardian? Cause that's pretty much the sum total of what independent thought you've given us since you replaced, other than your most recent attack on me. Which, by the way, comes at a curious time, considering dealine is tomorrow. Did you like mine and Peter's reaction 2 days ago? If not, why didn't you point it out?
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 7:27 am

Post by Sefer »

In the event of a tie, whoever had more votes than the other tied player(s) most recently will be lynched. Example A: Player X has 5 votes and Player Y has 4; someone else votes Player Y, bringing him to 5 votes. At deadline, Player X is lynched. Example B: Player X has 5 votes and Player Y has 4; two players vote Y, bringing him up to 6, before one unvotes and brings him back to 5. Player Y will be lynched even through X reached 5 votes first because Y had more votes than X more recently than X had more votes than Y. I'm not sure whether there's a name for the method, but "most-recently-higher" will do if there isn't.

Deadline Tomorrow
. You'll have at least 28 1/2 hours from this post, maybe slightly longer depending on when exactly I check in. I've started seeking a replacement for John, but don't count on input from him or a replacement before deadline.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 10:09 am

Post by Occult »

Sorry about my slight absence.

First, I don't like Deathsauce's vote on CTD.

Secound, I'm gonna go ahead and
vote paradoxzombie

I see the case on VRK, also I didn't completly like his last post but, so it doesn't seem like I'm avoiding a stance on the issue, I'll say I don't think there's enough for his lynch.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 11:09 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Wow, CTD, over-react much? You want fresh independent analysis? Here, it is: I don't like your push for this lynch of VRK one bit.

Yes, you discovered the whopping inconsistency that VRK once said there were three scum, and then another time said there might be four. Whoop-de-doo! He must be scum! :roll:

Sorry, it seems like you and Peter are pushing
very
hard for this lynch based on the flimsiest of evidence.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 11:11 am

Post by DeathSauce »

P.S. crashtextdummy, how many scum are there in this game?
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 11:14 am

Post by DeathSauce »

MOD:please reconsider the deadline. I believe the action has picked up in this game and you have a fresh crop of replacements.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 11:27 am

Post by pickemgenius »

DeathSauce wrote:Wow, CTD, over-react much? You want fresh independent analysis? Here, it is: I don't like your push for this lynch of VRK one bit.

Yes, you discovered the whopping inconsistency that VRK once said there were three scum, and then another time said there might be four. Whoop-de-doo! He must be scum! :roll:

Sorry, it seems like you and Peter are pushing
very
hard for this lynch based on the flimsiest of evidence.

prepare to get ripped out :roll:

I'm leaving it at that.....

unvote: Vel Rahn Koon
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 11:30 am

Post by Sefer »

It is a little unfair to replacements to not give them time to make a case before deadline hits.
Deadline extended
three days, to the 24th. I'll extend again if activity stays high between now and then.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by Occult »

Thx, that helps alot.

What Exactly do you mean Pick?
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 12:25 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Thanks Sefer!
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 12:55 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

we've already had a bout about his reasons for voting.
Go back a few pages and reread that.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 2:28 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

Lynches gain momentum by a person's reaction.

Initially, CTD noticed a discrepancy in VRK's behavior. A few votes were placed on him, and his reaction was judged.
DeathSauce wrote:it seems like you and Peter are pushing very hard for this lynch based on the flimsiest of evidence.
This is true. Do you have a better alternative for Day One? Most arguments boil down to WIFOM at this point. Personally, I think pushing hard on as many people as possible during day one is a good thing. Often times people reveal the most information when they are close to a lynch.

I listed why I like a VRK lynch, but this was under the assumption that there was a deadline. I don't mind if Day One lasts another two months, as there are lot of players who have not been put on the spot.

@PickEm> You took your vote of VRK why? Because CTD said something you think is stupid? That shouldn't have
anything
to do with the logic at which you arrived at your VRK vote in the first place, as you were skeptical of him to begin with and claimed "Peter makes the better argument." This leads me to think your VRK vote was just there to avoid suspicion later.

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Peter Venkman wrote:
@PickEm>
1.You took your vote of VRK why?
2. Because CTD said something you think is stupid?
That shouldn't have anything to do with the logic at which you arrived at your VRK vote in the first place, as you were skeptical of him to begin with and claimed "Peter makes the better argument."
3.This leads me to think your VRK vote was just there to avoid suspicion later.

1a.I knew I would be on again before the deadline to apply my vote again if I had too, what's it matter to you?

1b.Now there is a new deadline where we can *hopefully* find something more concrete.

2a.I still think the reasoning for a VRK lynch is lame, my opinion never really changed, and a lynch is better then no lynch...

2b.Im skeptical of everyone, I just didn't like his last post(yours was better albeit slightly), and we were nearing deadline, so I voted him.

3. No, but you can keep thinking that if you'd like, in fact I encourage it, it won't take you anywhere. Yeah, that's WIFOM, I really don't care, I'll let you worry about that.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 4:20 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

Wow, your tone is pretty hostile.
PickEmGenius wrote:what's it matter to you?
Well... see... I'm trying to make character judgments. Every little thing everyone says matters to everyone playing this game.

You admit to putting a vote on VRK despite thinking it was lame reasoning. Why? What do you expect us to think your motivation is?? I clearly stated VRK as appearing scummy, than voted. You: state you do not think VRK is scummy, and voted for him when town momentum was growing and a VRK lynch appeared likely.

Now that the deadline has been removed, you remove your vote.

What sort of Day One evidence fits your definition of "concrete"?

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 4:34 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Peter Venkman wrote:Wow, your tone is pretty hostile.
Meh, read my sig.
Peter Venkman wrote:You admit to putting a vote on VRK despite thinking it was lame reasoning. Why? What do you expect us to think your motivation is?? I clearly stated VRK as appearing scummy, than voted. You: state you do not think VRK is scummy, and voted for him when town momentum was growing and a VRK lynch appeared likely.
Lynch>No Lynch.
Peter Venkman wrote:Now that the deadline has been removed, you remove your vote.

What sort of Day One evidence fits your definition of "concrete"?

-Peter
Something other then guessing scum #'s and an inconsistant behavior of you.

We've got 3 days to find anything really, I can just hope we get some more activity from other people besides me and you, cause otherwise we're going nowhere fast.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 11:47 pm

Post by Occult »

Death sauce, could you explain your vote a bit more?
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2007 2:22 am

Post by DeathSauce »

No problem.

1) I felt that the amount of suspicion leveled at VRK was inconsistent with the seriousness of his mistake. I actually still don't understand why it was such a big deal.

2) Seeing Peter Venkman, who was the voice of reason throughout the first 18 pages, suddenly glom onto this trivial matter as if it was the scumtell of all time really raised my hackles.

3) This sentence:
It's clearly better in this situation to lynch someone, so please get your act together, town.
was odd. We had a deadline fast approaching, there was no danger that
someone
wasn't going to be lynched. Why was CTD so anxious for everyone to jump on the VRK wagon? To lessen the importance of his vote? Maybe.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2007 2:42 am

Post by gorckat »

Peter wrote:1.You took your vote of VRK why?
pick wrote:1a.I knew I would be on again before the deadline to apply my vote again if I had too, what's it matter to you?
So...if you thought the case wasn't all that in the first place and you were gonna be on before the deadline anyways...why'd you ever vote?

As I was catching up my immediate thoughts were that pick was trying to blend in for later, which I see echoed by others.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”