Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:40 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 2592, Hoopla wrote:
In post 2532, Shinobi wrote:All of a sudden, Hoopla is completely wishy-washy on her so-called "game breaking read." Why is this? Because of a role conflict that actually doesn't exist at all? This post is completely out-of-place, and imo, it's lynchworthy because she's reconsidering a possible lynch target for absolutely no reason.

I'm not wishy-washy on my towniest read. I was clearing up whether or not there was a conflict between our claimed actions - because if there was, that would override my read. But there wasn't, so I default back to my read. Kinda baffled how you could ever possibly read this as me "considering a lynch on Metal".

I don't see how you can turn around and go, "yeah this information doesn't prove anything, Metal could be scum," after you just had a hard townread on him.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:59 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 2594, farside22 wrote:Still waiting to understand why you aren't pushing on oversoul

I think chamber/Shinobi are better options. I kinda think Oversoul's claim seems town. A useless role like that is more likely to be given to a townie, I think.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:00 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 2600, Shinobi wrote:I don't see how you can turn around and go, "yeah this information doesn't prove anything, Metal could be scum," after you just had a hard townread on him.

I haven't been suspicious of Metal since his D1 stunt and I'm not suspicious of him now. The only time that wasn't true was when I was trying to clarify his role claim. Stop being obtuse.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:04 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 2595, chamber wrote:I know that it's not the entirety of your argument, but I actually mustered up some motivation for this game and wrote a script to randomly distribute players. If the distribution was random the expected value for the number of all town groups is ~1.62. So keep that in mind when trying to use POE

Noted.

But that is assuming that the scum was distributed randomly which I'm not so sure about, and also assumes Reck doesn't reroll unfavourable draws if he is randomizing, which I'm also not sold on.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 2601, Hoopla wrote:A useless role like that is more likely to be given to a townie, I think.

:roll:
link in bio
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2601, Hoopla wrote:
In post 2594, farside22 wrote:Still waiting to understand why you aren't pushing on oversoul

I think chamber/Shinobi are better options. I kinda think Oversoul's claim seems town. A useless role like that is more likely to be given to a townie, I think.

Let's make sure I'm clear here.
You believe scum to be in each neighborhood.
The only 2 left from the original group I'm discussing is spy and oversoul.
You stated a town read on spy but your using oversoul's claim as what could be town because scum don't fake claim?
No seriously either you strongly feel scum in each neighborhood or you don't.
Every post is scum in each neighborhood, but you don't push the read.
Ie: your words do not match action.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 2605, farside22 wrote:No seriously either you strongly feel scum in each neighborhood or you don't.
Every post is scum in each neighborhood, but you don't push the read.

I feel like I've said it more than a dozen times that I believe it to be 2/1/1/0 or 1/1/1/1 with a strong preference for the first choice. Here, I will make it easier for you:

Oak

Bob

Desp
Hoopla
Marquis

Maple

Agar

Antihero
Majiffy

Shinobi

Pine

chamber
farside
Metal

mollie

Cedar

Oversoul
SpyreX

vezok
ZZZX

Green is town. Blue is my town reads.

I'm choosing chamber over the Shinobi/Antihero option because he ticks these boxes: only person I see as a genuine chance of being scum in that neighbourhood. One of a handful of players who have redirection abilities when I don't think Reck would give all those neighbourhood manipulation abilities to town. 4nxi3ty's D1 play sucked.

I'm not choosing Oversoul over chamber because the only box he ticks is "only person I see as a genuine chance of being scum in that neighbourhood". Nothing else really. His claim seems town to me, and I was reading his early play as town too.

Do you see why I am choosing chamber over Oversoul now? There is a decent chance there is one all town neighbourhood, so I'm not going to lynch on "only possible scum within that neighbourhood" alone.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:59 pm

Post by farside22 »

Okay.

Something bothers me a bit....if it's 2/1/1/0 do you think there was scum in the group you were in? I noted you had no one highlighted in your neighborhood other the bob..
Last question do you think the vote analysis means anything?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:54 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Let's kill chamber since hoopla is power bussing for even more towncred

Or she is town and let's kills chamber anyway
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:55 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 2607, farside22 wrote:Something bothers me a bit....if it's 2/1/1/0 do you think there was scum in the group you were in? I noted you had no one highlighted in your neighborhood other the bob..

Last question do you think the vote analysis means anything?

Our group is likeliest to have a second scum in it if it's 2/1/1/0. If it's 1/1/1/1 the game is almost solved and will be very difficult to lose.

Who's vote analysis? Spy's?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:53 pm

Post by SpyreX »

In post 2602, Hoopla wrote:
In post 2600, Shinobi wrote:I don't see how you can turn around and go, "yeah this information doesn't prove anything, Metal could be scum," after you just had a hard townread on him.

I haven't been suspicious of Metal since his D1 stunt and I'm not suspicious of him now. The only time that wasn't true was when I was trying to clarify his role claim. Stop being obtuse.

This is the kind of thing that's driving me nuts (not you, shinobi). Its not an accident.

Also RL is going to beat me with a hammer this week. I will be very, very low activity.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:27 am

Post by farside22 »

Hoopla: it dawned on me you listed oversoul as scum recently and since changed that read do to day 1 read and claim. Both of those things happened in the game earlier. Please explain the earlier scum read on oversoul.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:52 am

Post by Oversoul »

Why are you so focused with that scumread, but not pushing me, Farside?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:18 am

Post by chamber »

In post 2612, Oversoul wrote:Why are you so focused with that scumread, but not pushing me, Farside?

I don't like this post at all. It seems pretty obvious to me that farside is suspicious of hoopla because of her read (and the way it developed) on you. Why are you so focused on yourself?
Taking a break from the site.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:21 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2612, Oversoul wrote:Why are you so focused with that scumread, but not pushing me, Farside?

I'm more curious about hoopla's change in reads.
I mean I find you scum based on your lack of effort and calling people town on pretty much nothing. You even vote shin, was shown your case was wrong and you still sit on your vote.
I've stated this already and you know what I get from everyone thus far with saying this?
Crickets
Literally nothing from anyone. Usually the crickets signify to me I'm more likely wrong.
So I'm asking hoopla about the discrepancy she posted and why it changed.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:25 am

Post by chamber »

I found your point interesting, I was just waiting for oversoul to respond and then got distracted by hoopla voting for me. He still really hasn't though has he?
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:29 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

i actually think oversoul claim is bs

it is negative utility

other towns get "useless" or "troll" abilities

but he gets neg utility

ah

never mind

all the town in hoopla neighborhood, 1 of them is town, go figure them out etc take our pick

who wants to engage spyrex on his shinobi deathread? i hope spyrex is right cause if he isnt it would be shame. more than my shit 'gambit'
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:29 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2615, chamber wrote:I found your point interesting, I was just waiting for oversoul to respond and then got distracted by hoopla voting for me. He still really hasn't though has he?

Not that I recall. :/
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:20 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Official Vote Count

Shinobi
(4): Desperado, SpyreX, Antihero, Oversoul
Hoopla
(4): Marquis, Shinobi, farside22, Metal Sonic
chamber
(1): Hoopla

Not Voting
(1): chamber

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

---

Antihero has been prodded.

green shirt thursdays
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:32 am

Post by chamber »

Unless I'm going crazy that vote count is incredibly off from the way people have intended to move their votes.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:35 am

Post by Desperado »

i think youre going crazy
;)
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:39 am

Post by chamber »

In post 2603, Hoopla wrote:
In post 2595, chamber wrote:I know that it's not the entirety of your argument, but I actually mustered up some motivation for this game and wrote a script to randomly distribute players. If the distribution was random the expected value for the number of all town groups is ~1.62. So keep that in mind when trying to use POE

Noted.

But that is assuming that the scum was distributed randomly which I'm not so sure about, and also assumes Reck doesn't reroll unfavourable draws if he is randomizing, which I'm also not sold on.

You're deciding whats unfavourable for reck though. 2/2/0/0 doesn't seem that unfavourable to me. I get the willies when people start resorting to setup speculation rather than scum reads. Your saving grace should be that you've been using your reads to select within the speculation, but that pointing to me mitigates things.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:57 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2613, chamber wrote:

I don't like this post at all. It seems pretty obvious to me that farside is suspicious of hoopla because of her read (and the way it developed) on you. Why are you so focused on yourself?

Using an onscreen keyboard for the time being. It is very cumbersome so please bear with me if my replies are short or otherwise lacking. I am trying to avoid any words with b or n. It is very difficult.

I am focused on myself because nothing else is truly happening, plus I always enjoy telling people they are wrong about me. I am waiting for more people to actually play the game (Marquis, Desp, Antihero) and give their thoughts to the rest of us.

I liked this post by you, Chamber. I felt it very townie and genuine.

What question are you and Farside wondering about? You want answers to why I am voting Shin over Hoopla? If you're both looking for consistency, I am afraid you have come to the wrong place.

Shin was a gut scum read based on how Bv ad Zivel both replaced out without doing very much for the game. I thought that was scummy but upon reflection I felt that Shin was putting a good foot forward against the read I plagued him with because of his predecessors. I also thought AGar, Anti (who has been lurking from this game it seems), Shinobi, and Majiffy were scum going into yesterday. Majiffy died, Agar flipped town, and Anti ended his stupid death tunnel on me after I proved the "track guilty" on me was nothing more than bad luck and blood lust which shows Anti is considering the game which I felt was townie.

I went to Hoopla over the flavor discrepancy and the weirdness of the role, but Hoopla has been giving a lot of content. I am not sure if she would do that as scum. I admit I was adept at reading Hoopla a year ago, not so much anymore.

I like Spyrex's logic on the wagon composition too. I had Spyrex as a weak town read with incompatible alignments if one of them is scum, possibly both town though. When he finally followed through with his bluster and his actions matched his words, I felt confident enough to sheep him, returning to my gut scum read on Shinobi.

I recommend everyone read's Toomai's replace out post in Mafia Discussion. Scum are more likely to replace out than town. I think we have that scum in Shinobi.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by farside22 »

I read toomi replaced out, which was for newbie games. I will now point to the Austin powers game that had 3 replacing out and one was scum the other 2 were town.
Next I point to Zor!s last game where I don't remember the number if those that replaced out and only one was scum.

That said I'm going to reread shin for my own sanity.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Oversoul »

You are right that was with newbies, but BV doesn't like being scum and Zivel was a newbie.

Plus, who replaces out of an unused PGO slot?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”