Mini 1595: WiFom City: The Inquisition - GAME OVER - THANKS!

Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by Honey bee »

In post 216, ZZZX wrote:
In post 193, Honey bee wrote:Ok well seeing as how heel is out and I can't ask the replacement about heel's actions I'll vote Z.
VOTE: ZZZX

Wana get rid of the only guy who can read you correctly? suuure :)
Vote honey bee

um..is this a serious vote? You've only played two games with me, one you mislynched me as town and the other we were scumbuds. What makes you think your the expert on me?

also you ignored my question to you. I expect you and jarg to answer.

Unsight, if you were debating on whether or not claiming gd would benefit town or scum why are you voting font for endorsing it?

Atum, is your unsight scum read because of them not posting alot pregame?

if you want my meta citrus, its underneath my username link as view their topics. Or did you want me to interpret my meta?

Atum wrote:Question time!

If you could have picked a role, what would it be?

Are you having fun?

Where else (if applicable) do you play mafia?

Steak or ham?

dirty old bastard, yes, only here currently, and neither.

I'll have only phone access until august 1st maybe because of comcast >:(
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by Unsight »

In post 275, Honey bee wrote:Unsight, if you were debating on whether or not claiming gd would benefit town or scum why are you voting font for endorsing it?

Phone internet is the worst. I actually claimed GD in which I think you missed.

Rolefishing in general is bad. Anything that gives the scum info that the town can't immediately use ends up hurting the town. That's why Mass Roleclaims in lategame are often good but Rolefishing is bad. I've never played this setup so I can entertain the idea of "Gravedigger claim Day 1 is a good" but when it's coming from someone who is also buddying on a massive scale? That's all kinds of bad juju. And you know fixes bad juju? A good lynching.
Games are meant to be fun.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:58 pm

Post by ika »

In post 276, Unsight wrote:
In post 275, Honey bee wrote:Unsight, if you were debating on whether or not claiming gd would benefit town or scum why are you voting font for endorsing it?

Phone internet is the worst. I actually claimed GD in which I think you missed.

Rolefishing in general is bad. Anything that gives the scum info that the town can't immediately use ends up hurting the town. That's why Mass Roleclaims in lategame are often good but Rolefishing is bad. I've never played this setup so I can entertain the idea of "Gravedigger claim Day 1 is a good" but when it's coming from someone who is also buddying on a massive scale? That's all kinds of bad juju. And you know fixes bad juju? A good lynching.

its subjective overall if rolefishing is really that bad. i personaly do it delibertly b/c its how i solve the game, also its fun to do so.

here in refrence to GD, its actualy givign town info with GD out.

Scums know whos town and whos scum. No matter who we lynch scums would know if its town or scum, the only arguable thing is that they would not know role.
MadCitrus
MadCitrus
Goon
MadCitrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:18 pm

Post by MadCitrus »

@Honey Bee

I'd like you to interpret your meta, please and thanks.

@Everyone else

Waiting on your replies.

In post 245, Jargonaut wrote:Sorry guys, I was out of town this weekend and didn't get much of a chance to get on like I expected. Thoughts to come

Still waiting on those thoughts. A good old poke might help

VOTE: Jargonaut
MadCitrus
MadCitrus
Goon
MadCitrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:24 pm

Post by MadCitrus »

In post 269, Atum wrote:Question time!

If you could have picked a role, what would it be?

Are you having fun?

Where else (if applicable) do you play mafia?

Steak or ham?

Apprentice
Not as much as I expected, with almost noone posting today
Definitely steak, unless it's well done then ham

And 235 was @Rubicon (because he was quoted there?)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Your turn to answer some questions:

Do you like green eggs and ham?
Would you rather be town or scum in this game?
Explain your read on Unsight?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by ika »

if your so board im here....
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:26 pm

Post by ika »

cirtus, why am i town?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by ika »

what are your reads as well, i need soemthign to do here im getting board myself
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by Unsight »

In post 282, ika wrote:what are your reads as well, i need soemthign to do here im getting board myself

No kidding. Half the players are never here due to V/LA or just lurkage. You can only read the same posts before you start thinking "Is that scummy? Or how about that? Maybe that's a scum tell."

Atum's whole "If you could have picked a role, what would it be?" is really scummy if you look at it in the light of "Tell me what role you're not" because then it becomes a more clever bit of rolefishing. But then I doubt myself by thinking "Is that really scummy or am I just that bored I'm seeing scum tells where there aren't any?" I don't want to tunnel on the people posting just because they're the only ones talking.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by ika »

In post 283, Unsight wrote:
In post 282, ika wrote:what are your reads as well, i need soemthign to do here im getting board myself

No kidding. Half the players are never here due to V/LA or just lurkage. You can only read the same posts before you start thinking "Is that scummy? Or how about that? Maybe that's a scum tell."

Atum's whole "If you could have picked a role, what would it be?" is really scummy if you look at it in the light of "Tell me what role you're not" because then it becomes a more clever bit of rolefishing. But then I doubt myself by thinking "Is that really scummy or am I just that bored I'm seeing scum tells where there aren't any?" I don't want to tunnel on the people posting just because they're the only ones talking.

I already knew that it was a soft rolefish hunt, i just didnt have any cares to do anything.

so heres a quaetion:

does ZZZX vote look opertuistic?
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:50 pm

Post by Unsight »

In post 284, ika wrote:
so heres a quaetion:

does ZZZX vote look opertuistic?

If he was making an actual case probably, but voting people who are quiet to make them not be quiet can be useful. If a wagon formed and he stayed on then I'd be concerned.
MadCitrus
MadCitrus
Goon
MadCitrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Post by MadCitrus »

In post 281, ika wrote:cirtus, why am i town?

I'm not at 90% confident yet. I'm hovering around 82%.

I'm slightly leaning town on Grib, but otherwise at the same place from where I was before. Thoughts?
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:56 pm

Post by Unsight »

In post 286, MadCitrus wrote:

I'm slightly leaning town on Grib, but otherwise at the same place from where I was before. Thoughts?

Outside of Grib and ika, do you have any reads you feel confident in so far?
MadCitrus
MadCitrus
Goon
MadCitrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:58 pm

Post by MadCitrus »

In post 287, Unsight wrote:

Outside of Grib and ika, do you have any reads you feel confident in so far?

I'm not confident on Grib yet.
Fairly strong town read on Font.
Town read on you.

AKA the reads I posted earlier

Waiting for the nulls to show up because [redacted1]
Stigmata
Stigmata
Goon
Stigmata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:59 pm

Post by Stigmata »

Citrus wrote:They were indeed content-less. Wanna know why? Because scum can coordinate during pre-game.

Can you elaborate on this?

Citrus wrote:the testing the waters part was what stuck out to me.

To expand on that, I specifically wanted to know what y'all would think of it because you all just were in the exact same situation as him. If someone else felt like they as part of reminiscing the past game were thinking in terms of four scum as well and that thinking like that wasn't a tell, obviously that's meaningful? Also I just came off of a forum game where I hardcore townread this girl for slipping that she was looking for two scum when it was her first mafia game large enough to typically have three scum, but it turned out there was an SK and she was on a two person scumteam, hence the self-consciousness. Lol.
MadCitrus
MadCitrus
Goon
MadCitrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:59 pm

Post by MadCitrus »

(and by nulls I mean the lurkers/those with practically no activity)
MadCitrus
MadCitrus
Goon
MadCitrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by MadCitrus »

In post 289, Stigmata wrote:
Citrus wrote:They were indeed content-less. Wanna know why? Because scum can coordinate during pre-game.

To expand on that, I specifically wanted to know what y'all would think of it because you all just were in the exact same situation as him. If someone else felt like they as part of reminiscing the past game were thinking in terms of four scum as well and that thinking like that wasn't a tell, obviously that's meaningful? Also I just came off of a forum game where I hardcore townread this girl for slipping that she was looking for two scum when it was her first mafia game large enough to typically have three scum, but it turned out there was an SK and she was on a two person scumteam, hence the self-consciousness. Lol.

1) Scums have pre-game chat, meaning stronger scum could coach/set up interactions with weaker scum. It's easier to fake stuff with scumchat and I wouldn't put it past a number of players to utilize that

2) I agree, as I said it's very characteristic of your general play to pick up on things like that. What is odd is how you were looking for a public consensus on it rather than being confident about the point itself. You just as easily could have said "he is town because X" and anyone who disagreed would speak up. Even further, that could put scum closer to the hotseat with a few of us quickly whittling down the player base already. But you were kinda doubtful about it. I could swear there you had a scum!game in IRC where something like this happened as well
MadCitrus
MadCitrus
Goon
MadCitrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:07 pm

Post by MadCitrus »

Is there a way to see who else is here right now? Or I'd love anyone lurking to chime in so we can get some dialog going.

I'll even throw in some free town points!
MadCitrus
MadCitrus
Goon
MadCitrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:09 pm

Post by MadCitrus »

@Ika

Thoughts on Stigmata?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:10 pm

Post by Grib »

I completely agree. Grib is my strongest townread.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by ika »

I wanted to be 69% town. von is von, he has a certain trait i noticed as scum when i looked at his newbie game he played as scum. Im waitign to see if it come out

In post 289, Stigmata wrote:

Then wouldnt you argure that grib is town? to me this reads one ginat mess due to em getting tired. I will sort it out later

In post 293, MadCitrus wrote:@Ika

Thoughts on Stigmata?

scum atm.
fontisian
fontisian
Goon
fontisian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by fontisian »

Dear Diary,
Today I was wondering about your emotions when you were making post . Perhaps you could explain them to me.
Stigmata
Stigmata
Goon
Stigmata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Stigmata »

@Atum - (1) I'd've picked either holy role or DOB (2) Not really. tbh this game makes me want to drunkpost to see if I have any epiphanies (3) MafiaScum (mostly in 09-10), once each on 3 forums w speedier deadlines (inc. DLP), but I've so many completed IRC games that I forget shit like that roles aren't necessarily informed that they were roleblocked all the time on the forums (4) Neither

Ika - tbh, I'm not ~scumreading~ anyone at the moment? I dislike ZZZX in light of Honey Bee's recent post and his general lack of presence but apparently he just went V/LA. I do find it compelling that Rubicon and Atum just were scum together and are currently both scumreading each other, but I have weak townreads on both of them so far.

Citrus wrote:looking for a public consensus

My intent was "hey I think I found a glaring townslip; if you see any logical holes in it let's discuss it" not "hey fontisian et. al please tell me how I should feel about this" (and also reasons related to getting super excited that I no longer thought Grib was scum this game that people would probably laugh at me for) but etc., going to drop the subject now. If it's not obvious, I'm now townreading you and am gonna UNVOTE:

p-edit, hi ika.

ika wrote:Then wouldnt you argure that grib is town?

I did think Grib was town; thought it was implicit.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Post by ika »

In post 263, ika wrote:@font why is stigma town?

font answer plz.....

unless if you are having second thoughts
Stigmata
Stigmata
Goon
Stigmata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:34 pm

Post by Stigmata »

In post 296, fontisian wrote:Dear Diary,
Today I was wondering about your emotions when you were making post . Perhaps you could explain them to me.

I was extremely relieved because town-Grib gives me warm fuzzy feelings.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”