Mini Theme 1588 - FTL: Faster Than Light - Game Over!

Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:53 am

Post by Paschendale »

I note a complete lack of anyone thinking that ABR is actually town.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:54 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Meh. The only reason I am voting him is because of D1 scumlynch interactions.
green shirt thursdays
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:58 am

Post by Juls »

VOTE: myko
-------------------------------------
Juls
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:02 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Can you give me reasons to pretend like I felt prior to you giving them to me?
green shirt thursdays
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:14 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 339, Venmar wrote:I think what makes Venrobs self-meta wall scummy is the fact it was so unprovoked and out of the ordinary. If he did it the right context I would likely just roll my eyes but in this case, no.

ABR's "Venrob should not be lynched Day 1" shtick is lame.

That's indeed the key (even without flip)

In post 397, Espressojet wrote:...

All of your reasons seem heavily scummy to me

I'm sorry, my captain
VOTE: ABR

I don't know if the lack of posts that spring out has to do with me or the game.

this one did, don't like this one at all.

At least I get to see the ABR wagon rise now, I guess.

I don't know what you guys expected. You seem to be surprised. He's zwet with more reading and more posts.

430 is big from hito. Don't know if it's good, but it's doing stuff. I don't think he'd ever do that as scum.

Talking about big. WTF flash belisarius wagon. Did not see that coming and I've seen people turn at players like him. That's points in favor for him.

In post 487, Belisarius wrote:Sure. I'm not self-voting, but I'm fine with all of the votes on me except for yours.

I'm not a strong PR or anything, I'd consider myself to be an acceptable loss.

This isn't. I probably should do this in a little more words, because I've done and still do this occasionally.

If I'm scum and have a fakeclaim I want to use, and I'm confident in it, the first opportunity I get to throw it out I'm starting to get excited. There's no panic, everything I've done up till that point doesn't matter anymore, I just have to pull this off and I'm going forward. Now all that's left is making sure it has impact. A post like this I could make to bait the town in "don't worry about me, I'm just a weak powerrole" is sure to get people to argue with you: "dude, any powerrole helps, you should claim man!", where they are already getting into the mindset that it might be important to save you (in stead of lynching even post claim). The fact that you put out a statement that's wrong in a community like ms's is certain to get an environment that's supportive of a claim.

It fits with Beli as well, him being confident scum who has thought up a fake that he wants to pull off. He seems the guy who's about playing the game for the game's sake.

Lets see what he cooked up.

In post 510, Belisarius wrote:
In post 499, xRECKONERx wrote:No, I am not the arsonist. I'm assuming Belisarius is claiming some kind of firefighter role.

Nope, I'm claiming fuck you, I don't see intent to hammer

aww, what a player. I like you. You might be scum, but I like you.

Venmar on page 22 is the voice of reason.

And although the claim itself is lame (really, setup to rockman?), the fact that in one go he uses it to put venmar as scumslipped scum is admirable.

Still, fits too well to what I think to know of beli from this game. This was a show. Townies tend to not make a show of their claim, esspecially when they aren't actually looking to claim yet.

and that's another 12. Seems you get 16 pages to change my mind.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:14 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 977, Juls wrote:VOTE: myko

boo
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:28 am

Post by mykonian »

actually, translation.

boo: Dear madam,

I did not appreciate your previous action and wished you had chosen a less disruptive and crude way to voice your opinion about yours truly. I hope this will convince you to moderate your response and perhaps prevent further such occurances.

Yours faithfully,

myko
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:45 am

Post by Juls »

That's very sweet and all but I already disliked your predecessors contributions and nothing you have done has changed that.
Juls
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:11 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yes but has it changed it for the worse? Because your vote wasn't there, and now it is, so
something
changed.
green shirt thursdays
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:13 am

Post by Juls »

In post 947, Juls wrote:I would say my only town reads at this point are Belli (for going after me despite me coming to his defense), hito for general good play, and TSO/Fish for the same. I'm feeling a bit better about Pasch than I was previously. Still don't like Jargo/Venmar/ABR for various reasons already stated and reckoner has really started to ping my scumdar because he was so protown yesterday and just isn't today. I want to believe he is the SK because I can see him being excited to get that role and working hard to look protown (cause he can actually scum hunt) and then riding that towncred.

ABR just seems bipolar this game. I would like him to go back through his ISO and explain each vote /vote switch he has done but I am seriously not holding my breath that he will do this. But, I do think it would help me understand his play.

Can I interest anyone in a reck or Jargo wagon?

See last sentence
Juls
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:13 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 975, Paschendale wrote:I note a complete lack of anyone thinking that ABR is actually town.

Actually, I'm now townreading him as hard as I was scumreading him at the start of the day.

He's being antitown as fuck, but not scum.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:30 am

Post by Venmar »

Obligatory "Please lynch Espresso" post. The guys contributions continue to be bad, and you guys keep focusing on probably town people like ABR instead of Espresso and Belis.

@
xRECKONERx
, weren't you all hot and bothered about the idea that one of Beli and Espresso are scum due to Fitz dying? Why the focus on Myko and ABR then?
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:32 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 985, Belisarius wrote:
In post 975, Paschendale wrote:I note a complete lack of anyone thinking that ABR is actually town.

Actually, I'm now townreading him as hard as I was scumreading him at the start of the day.

He's being antitown as fuck, but not scum.

Please expound.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:33 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 982, Juls wrote:That's very sweet and all but I already disliked your predecessors contributions and nothing you have done has changed that.

I mean, that's fine and all. You can play your game.

But I'm replacing here, putting in some effort. I get that this is a game of mafia and you are allowed to suspect replacements as well. But I wish that if you did really feel like someone was scummy mcscummerson in his reread and partial analysis (keyword partial), you would not place an unreasoned vote. They are intended to get some response from the town, to get something going, to be a bit rebellious if you like. This seemed a particulary bad moment to put a vote down to generate some discussion.

It's as if my reads are too boring to talk about. I'm not posting them because I can't read without typing. I'm posting them so people can talk about it.

So if you are really that concerned about a lack of discussion, I am sure there's something there that would interest you.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:37 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 987, Paschendale wrote:Please expound.

I did. ABR's "fuck off and die" play today is not consistent with the mindset of scum who lost a buddy D2, especially if it's a 2-man scumteam, as may well be the case. Scum who got to L-1 and got off the hook sure as hell wouldn't fuck-you their way to L-1 a second time the same day.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:40 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I don't think that "hot and bothered" fits my mood, but I specifically remember you being anti-NK analysis back then. So why are you trying to use that as a way to get me to wagon Espresso?

The focus on ABR is because I think I'll be constantly wanting to lynch him. I did a skim through the game over N1 and convinced myself that I was NOT going to let ABR get away with it, but then I got all pussyfooted the second D2 started. My vote on him is a signal to myself that I'm not going to let him live after the way he treated the D1 lynch.

Jargo was a really weird, vague face in the crowd and whenever I saw his name I remember thinking, "Eh, I'd maybe lynch it". I haven't done anything particularly constructive towards solidifying my read on him. myko made me feel weird with part of his catchup post, but I thought I made it pretty clear my "scumread" on myko is nothing but reasonless gut and I probably won't be pursuing it. (I also find Juls' subsequent vote on him a bit odd, and am waiting for a response).

I would still lynch Beli or Espresso, though I think the half-assed claim from Espresso is going to make it much harder to push that lynch through today.
green shirt thursdays
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:59 am

Post by Formerfish »

Reck, beli isn't getting lynched. Period. If those are your two then you are looking at espresso only.

How likely is it that we have 2 semi bullet proof town members?
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:59 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 990, xRECKONERx wrote:I don't think that "hot and bothered" fits my mood, but I specifically remember you being anti-NK analysis back then. So why are you trying to use that as a way to get me to wagon Espresso?

I was hoping you'd answer without flipping it back a question at me. The fact I am mostly anti-NK analysis doesn't mean you are too, if you are pro-NK analysis and specifically used it as a reason to cast doubt on Espresso and Beli, I think i'll use that angle to see why
you're
scumreading them rather than ignoring you. I hope that makes sense to a degree that you can withstand not shooting a question back to me as an answer.

Your ABR reasons is just paranoia and fence sitting, you should probably get off him.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:51 am

Post by Juls »

What did espresso claim? Yes, I am losing my footing in this game, I apologize. I have been distracted.
Juls
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:51 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 989, Belisarius wrote:
In post 987, Paschendale wrote:Please expound.

I did. ABR's "fuck off and die" play today is not consistent with the mindset of scum who lost a buddy D2, especially if it's a 2-man scumteam, as may well be the case. Scum who got to L-1 and got off the hook sure as hell wouldn't fuck-you their way to L-1 a second time the same day.

That is a good point. I definitely need to re-evaluate.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:52 am

Post by Formerfish »

Esp claimed semi bullet proof.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:03 am

Post by Paschendale »

@Belis: If ABR is town, and has had so many votes on him, it's reasonable to think that scum pushed for his lynch. Whose votes for him do you think are scum motivated?
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:03 am

Post by Paschendale »

Same question to anyone who thinks that ABR isn't scum.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:09 am

Post by Juls »

Fish, can you point me to the post? I'll love you forever. I am phone posting or would find it myself.
Juls
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:13 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 996, Paschendale wrote:@Belis: If ABR is town, and has had so many votes on him, it's reasonable to think that scum pushed for his lynch. Whose votes for him do you think are scum motivated?

Juls and
maybe
hito. That's not a tough answer to predict.

I'm also open to the possibility (especially if I'm wrong about Juls) that there weren't any scum on the ABR wagon. I've seen plenty of shitwagons that were all town, and ABR's isn't even a shitwagon, given how anti-town his play has been. I'd gladly hammer him as a utility lynch if it becomes clear I won't be getting a scum lynch today. I can actually provide a pile of links to examples of all-town shitwagons, I've made the same argument in a completed game a few months back, all I'd have to do is find the game and copy/paste.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”