Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:01 am

Post by Toomai »

Yet again, one night, two deaths. Iliana and Carlos hadn't been either the more upstart or more suspicious masters, so it was still really anyone's guess as to where to proceed...

Alina
was a
Vanilla Townie
Not_Mafia
was a
Vanilla Townie

Day 4 begins.
With 12 alive, the deadline is 16 days.
Current deadline18/08/2014 13:01 (EDT)
(expired on 2014-08-18 13:01:40)
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:08 am

Post by Wake1 »

Hm... Now that's odd.

Juls, why'd you do that? I don't know if Scum would deliberately do something so anti-Town, but it sure was dumb of you to do that.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:15 am

Post by Aeronaut »

VOTE: Juls

In post 2070, Juls wrote:VOTE: Skot oops
2023 W/L | 1-0
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:15 am

Post by Juls »

In post 2101, Wake1 wrote:Hm... Now that's odd.

Juls, why'd you do that? I don't know if Scum would deliberately do something so anti-Town, but it sure was dumb of you to do that.

Agreed. I was very put-off by the fact that Hunterseeker flipped town. I didn't like SKOT lurking or his night choice target. When I saw you trying to slow/stop the lynch I decided to reaction test to see reactions to the hammer. I didnt like Aeronaut's or AdrienC's.

VOTE: Aeronaut but would gladly vote Adrien.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:16 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Juls, explain that BS hammer.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:18 am

Post by Juls »

Just did.
Juls
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:19 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 2103, Juls wrote:

Agreed. I was very put-off by the fact that Hunterseeker flipped town. I didn't like SKOT lurking or his night choice target. When I saw you trying to slow/stop the lynch I decided to reaction test to see reactions to the hammer. I didnt like Aeronaut's or AdrienC's.

You didn't like my reaction to you hammering without stating intense with your only explanation being "Whoops"? Are you drunk?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:21 am

Post by Juls »

In post 2057, Juls wrote:I have just skimmed the past few pages. I'm fine with a SKOT lynch. Also, remind me who not science replaced? The OP doesn't say.

Intent.
Juls
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:25 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Juls is the lynch for today, for lurking the entirety of D3, then quick hammering without intent, and then giving a BS reasoning for and OMGUS vote.

I refuse to change my vote today, Juls is scum.

P-edit: saying you're "OK with a lynch" doesn't mean intent to hammer. That was before we were anywhere near a lynch as well.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:30 am

Post by Juls »

Mr. Revisionist, he was at L-1 when I said that. There were literally 2 hours between my intent post and my hammer. It's not a BS reason for a hammer but I agree I could have been less careless. I apologize to SKOT for that. It was a spur of the moment decision due in part to frustration with being unable to get back into this game since HS flipped town.

I am fine with being lynched, I am only a VT as long as you are tomorrow's lynch.
Juls
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:32 am

Post by Aegor »

VOTE: Juls

Please explain how being okay with a lynch constitutes intent to hammer imminently.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:43 am

Post by Juls »

Does it even matter? Even if I hadn't have posted my intent it wouldn't have changed what I did. I did it for the reasons I noted regardless if intent was there or not. By saying I was ok with it I was letting you all know that I wasn't opposing it.
Juls
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:05 am

Post by Aegor »

Explain the results of your reaction test.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:05 am

Post by Aegor »

And lack of opposition does not mean active support.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:13 am

Post by Juls »

Aegor immediately apologized to SKOT prior to the flip and AdrienC seemed almost giddy.

You say tomato, I say tomato
Juls
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:15 am

Post by TheAdrienC »

In post 2103, Juls wrote:

Is it common for people to cover up their mistakes by claiming reaction test? I'm not buying this.

In post 2107, Juls wrote:
In post 2057, Juls wrote:I have just skimmed the past few pages. I'm fine with a SKOT lynch. Also, remind me who not science replaced? The OP doesn't say.

Intent.

I'm also not buying this as intent. People were clearly saying "Don't do this yet." Your trigger finger got way too itchy, something I would expect from scum who wanted to just hammer the town, pick off another during the night and put us at an insanely more difficult disadvantage.

In post 2109, Juls wrote:Mr. Revisionist, he was at L-1 when I said that. There were
literally 2 hours between my intent post and my hammer
. It's not a BS reason for a hammer but I agree I could have been less careless. I apologize to SKOT for that.
It was a spur of the moment
decision due in part to frustration with being unable to get back into this game since HS flipped town.

I am fine with being lynched, I am only a VT as long as you are tomorrow's lynch.

I bolded the two main points here. One, you really think 2 hours is long enough for hammering an offline but active player even if we count that really passive "Oh...I guess we can lynch him" post as an intent. And secondly, if that really was "intent", then two hours later isn't really spur of the moment. That's pre-meditated.

In post 2111, Juls wrote:Does it even matter? Even if I hadn't have posted my intent it wouldn't have changed what I did. I did it for the reasons I noted regardless if intent was there or not. By saying I was ok with it I was letting you all know that I wasn't opposing it.

Yes, it matters. Because of what you did, we lost SKOT, Alina, and Not Mafia. I wanted to lynch SKOT just as much as the rest of us, I understand that, but I was not asking for the day phase to end that quickly. We could have discussed it more, SKOT could have defended himself, and there was a chance my mind could have been changed. What's done is done, but the only information we got from that lynch was from YOUR quick hammer.

I'm about to leave for work and I'm not going to put my vote on Juls just yet (I'm leery about another speedy run up). But I'm pretty convinced this is the way to go. If she's at L-1 when I get back, consider me intending to hammer, though only after we discuss it a bit more.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:20 am

Post by Juls »

Do you actually expect me to respond to you point for point? Why would I give you that courtesy considering I asked you over and over to respond to my post. If people can seriously read through my ISO, look at my game, and decide that I am scum because I hammered out of frustration/desire to get some reactions then I invite you to vote me. But please, do NOT let Aeronaut and AdrienC live past tomorrow. AdrienC is definitely scum based on his ENTIRE GAME PLAY. Aeronaut is as well and he did EXACTLY what I expected scum to do if it was a mislynch...apologize/white knight. I am not saying my plan to hammer was well thought out. It was spur of the moment and the only person I will apologize to is SKOT. It wasn't fair to him.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:28 am

Post by Juls »

In post 2114, Juls wrote:Aegor immediately apologized to SKOT prior to the flip and AdrienC seemed almost giddy.

You say tomato, I say tomato

Aegor should be Aeronaut.
Juls
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:01 am

Post by Aeronaut »

I didnt apologize to SKOT for voting for him. I thought he was scum, and I voted for him. I apologized because everyone he should have been allowed to say something before scum like you came in and quicklynched. If you seriously think you can hide behind "reaction tests" for that BS, you're wrong. The fact that you're now back to saying adrien is scum because of "his gameplay" and not because of your alleged reaction test, means it wasn't a reaction test at all.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:05 am

Post by Juls »

/white knighting

We'll see who's wrong. I have been wrong about a lot this game but not that.
Juls
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:31 am

Post by Mirhawk »

@Juls
Objectively speaking that hammer was pretty bad, at the least you could have allowed time for SKOT to explain his reasoning on following NM. However I'm more inclined to take your word then disbelieve you on your reasoning.

Helped in part by the fact that yes I do find Adrien and Aeronaut scummy. Though I should note that I am getting some paranoid vibes off the fact that you have the exact same scumreads as me.

--

Yes, it matters. Because of what you did, we lost SKOT, Alina, and Not Mafia. I wanted to lynch SKOT just as much as the rest of us, I understand that, but I was not asking for the day phase to end that quickly. We could have discussed it more, SKOT could have defended himself, and there was a chance my mind could have been changed. What's done is done, but the only information we got from that lynch was from YOUR quick hammer.

I'm about to leave for work and I'm not going to put my vote on Juls just yet (I'm leery about another speedy run up). But I'm pretty convinced this is the way to go. If she's at L-1 when I get back, consider me intending to hammer, though only after we discuss it a bit more.

This entire section is objectively scummy.
The assertion that Juls is responsible for Alina and NM is both untrue and alarmist.
If you're so certain Juls is scum that you're already posting an intent to hammer why are you not voting her?
Also intent to hammer only after we've reached an appropriate amount of discussion is disgusting. That basically gives you leave to claim any amount of discussion is appropriate and hammer any time you find suitable and still claim you gave notice of intent.

Vote: Adrien
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:33 am

Post by Boonskiies »

VOTE: Burning_Town

My biggest scum read from previously died, and now I vote my second.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:40 am

Post by Juls »

Mirahawks is Aeronaut's buddy if he flips scum.

Boon, how do you feel about aero, Adrian, and myself. Those are the 3 choices. The line is drawn.
Juls
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:53 am

Post by Mirhawk »

An interesting assertion, care to elaborate? Is it because I didn't vote Aero?

@Boon
Do you have a little more on BT aside from lurking? Broodking has far fewer posts, why is he not at the same level.
I guess what I'm getting at is that now that I expect a little more then that seeing as how we're up to day four.
Especially seeing as how all three mislynches were accompanied by accusations of lurking.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:15 am

Post by Aegor »

In post 2114, Juls wrote:Aegor immediately apologized to SKOT prior to the flip and AdrienC seemed almost giddy.

How is either of those things scummy? What do you think of BP's and following?

This is all moot anyway for reasons that will soon become apparent, but indulge me.
M A S Q U E R A D E

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”