NFL Football Thread 2014

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:19 am

Post by PJ. »

Okay, So why is Eli manning bad? No running game, not enough wideouts, or just bad? If he gets production out of andre williams and rashad jennings, does he turn in a good year?
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:47 am

Post by Dr Pants »

Eli Manning isn't bad. He's hilarious. Every time he messes up it takes him a minute to realize, then he puts on his best sad face
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by Konowa »

So, people are still high on Philly even without Jackson? Shady got that room because of Jackson's stretch ability.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Philly just needs to score in the red zone. If they were more efficient at that, theyd have scored far more points than with the deep ball got them

if jackson was the magic to mccoy, where was the production of the tandem pre-Kelly?
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:51 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

The big difference offensively for Philly is gonna be the addition of Sproles. A two back set of Sproles and McCoy would be a nightmare to defend.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:26 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 29, Dr Pants wrote:The big difference offensively for Philly is gonna be the addition of Sproles. A two back set of Sproles and McCoy would be a nightmare to defend.

Yeah that's pretty beastly
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:33 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I personally think that is getting overhyped
I think theyre more likely to be in rotation than playing at the same time
could be wrong
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:53 am

Post by Konowa »

I feel like they've always had offensive production though? Jackson was hurt two years ago. Three ago they were pretty good. Maybe I'm misremembering.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

Hey guys what are your thoughts on the Panthers, and Ravens?
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:16 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

Panthers D is good, but their weak in the secondary. Everyone knows they are lacking WR's. I think they'll end up second in the NFC South to the Saints. Probably 8-10 wins

Ravens are still in rebuilding-ish mode. I don't see them winning the AFC North, they could go as high as second or as low as last. 6-9 wins.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 34, Dr Pants wrote:I think they'll end up second in the NFC South to the Saints.

:eek:

I could see them finish last 'cause I think both the Saints and the Falcons are better and I feel pretty optimistic about TB
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 34, Dr Pants wrote:I think they'll end up second in the NFC South to the Saints.

:eek:

I could see them finish last 'cause I think both the Saints and the Falcons are better and I feel pretty optimistic about TB
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

Nah, the falcons have no D, and no running game. TB is allllll hype, I think every position group they have is worse than the Panthers.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:10 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 34, Dr Pants wrote:Panthers D is good, but their weak in the secondary. Everyone knows they are lacking WR's. I think they'll end up second in the NFC South to the Saints. Probably 8-10 wins

Ravens are still in rebuilding-ish mode. I don't see them winning the AFC North, they could go as high as second or as low as last. 6-9 wins.

Never trust a man with an anime avatar when talking sports.

Ravens finished with 8 wins last year and didn't get worse over the offseason while the rest of their division kinda did, also Ray Rice shouldn't be as bad as he was last year.
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:42 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

Shush now, I played linebacker in high school.

Ravens wont beat the Bengals, and probably wont beat the Steelers (sorry). Browns have hype cause manzel but eh prolly wont change their fate.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 37, Dr Pants wrote:Nah, the falcons have no D, and no running game. TB is allllll hype, I think every position group they have is worse than the Panthers.

Now MAAAYBEE Jackson is all out of gas but I think with a healthy Jones and White they can create some running opportunities. Their o-line was also terrible last year.

Also, TB has better wideouts and backs. Cam is the better QB but I don't think TB has such horrible quarterbacking that it negatively affect them. also Verner is a really good CB.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:53 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 40, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 37, Dr Pants wrote:Nah, the falcons have no D, and no running game. TB is allllll hype, I think every position group they have is worse than the Panthers.

Now MAAAYBEE Jackson is all out of gas but
I think with a healthy Jones and White
they can create some running opportunities. Their o-line was also terrible last year.

Also, TB has better wideouts and backs. Cam is the better QB but I don't think TB has such horrible quarterbacking that it negatively affect them. also Verner is a really good CB.

I can't figure out who you're talking about there. Tampa's line doesn't look much better from where I'm standing and there receiving corps seem to have gotten worse, but that mostly depends on how good the rookie is and if the TEs play a role or not(they got a good receiving TE rookie and Brandon Myers as opposed to a bunch of scrubs. Thy did get a possible upgrade at QB and Martin should be healthy, but the offense still doesn't look incredibly promising. Defense looks solid but not good enough to make them look better than anyone else in that division.

Panthers have probably the greatest football player alive and are relying on him to make Kelvin Benjamin look really really good and hope Cotchery provides so veteran presence as a possession receiver. The defense is good enough but it doesn't matter if Cam isn't fully recovered. Even if he is, the Falcons got way better this year. Way Way better. Line is better and the receivers are healthy, Defense is also better. But I fully believe that Cam can do it if he's healthy and some how make the playoffs and deny either the saints or the falcons a playoff spot, cause he's the actual best.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

With the bolded I was talking about Julio Jones and Roddy White.

You have my permission to draft Cam Newton.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:18 pm

Post by PJ. »

I don't take injury risks in the first two rounds.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

Andy Dalton just got a new deal. Given his previous playoff production I don't think that was a good decision on the bengals part especially since its a 6 year deal

I wish browns had kept Campbell instead of getting thigpen and shaw. Campbell is now second on begals depth. Campbell has been with a new team pretty much every year of his career, thats rough. The years he has not had to learn a new system he has thrived.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

Eli had a bad year. The guy is still good in my eyes. He just can't let what happened last year get to him. Hopefully he gets some confidence going with his new recievers
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:Andy Dalton just got a new deal. Given his previous playoff production I don't think that was a good decision on the bengals part especially since its a 6 year deal

I wish browns had kept Campbell instead of getting thigpen and shaw. Campbell is now second on begals depth. Campbell has been with a new team pretty much every year of his career, thats rough. The years he has not had to learn a new system he has thrived.

Andy Dalton would be nothing without AJ Green. Bengals over payed
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:36 am

Post by Dr Pants »

^maybe they did, but its not like there's a better option for them. In a couple years he'll be in the same class as guys like Flacco, Romo, Cutler, and lesser Manning.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:41 am

Post by shaft.ed »

i think you're overestimating his potential
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 45, PokerFace wrote:Eli had a bad year. The guy is still good in my eyes. He just can't let what happened last year get to him. Hopefully he gets some confidence going with his new recievers

He' averaging like 25.5 turnovers a year for the last 4 years(and only 26 scores). Of those years the only year i'd call good was 2011 where he threw for almost 5k yards and had 61% completion rate with a decent td:int ratio.

I agree that this whole QB thing is getting ridiculous, teams would rather pay for the devil they know than get burnt on the devil they don't(whoever they could bring in next year). I doubt they would have finished low enough to draft one of the top 2 guys(winston or mariota), and I really don't think the other 2 are any good(hundley and Petty), and I think Mannion is the Derek Carr of next year's draft. And who knows if a free agent from next year would be better than Dalton, but I think the cut has to start somewhere. The discrepancy in pay between a guy like Wilson or Luck and guys like Dalton and Eli Manning is far greater than the difference in production.
Last edited by PJ. on Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”