Micro 370: Gerrymander Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:45 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 399, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:one of Xay/Oka

Why can't it be both?

Why am I not obvtown?
GMT+8
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:46 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

That's all you have to say about my post? "Why are you not townreading me?" If you have to ask that question, I really feel like you haven't been reading my posts.

Why should I think you are obvtown?
Art is cool.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:11 am

Post by Xayzeck »

Obvtown part wasn't serious you know. More serious was why is it Xay OR Oka scum, but not both?

And if the above is something you've brought up before, please do enlighten me, because I don't remember you every commenting about me/Oka until..well...just?
GMT+8
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:17 am

No, I haven't brought it up before.

There is an equal wagon on both of you. So, either you are scum and Oka is the selected town counterwagon, Or Oka is scum and you are the town counterwagon. While there is a small chance that both of you are town or that both of you are scum, it is far more likely that one is scum and the other is the counterwagon intended to split the votes and derail the scum lynch.

Pretty basic mafia theory.
Art is cool.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:20 am

Post by Xayzeck »

Right

You see I'm voting Oka right now

but more and more I'm considering Oka-town, strictly for meta reasons. Going off that Okascum I've seen is reserved, and Okatown I've seen is a bit more balls out.

I have to admit, he's a lot more balls out than I would expect, especially just going head on with M, but I've seen him go balls out harder.

That's the only thing that has me thinking so far, though.

I thought that you drew that conclusion from interactions or other circumstances lol
GMT+8
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:23 am

Then who is scum, Xay?
Art is cool.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:34 am

Post by Xayzeck »

Brian Skies - Hasn't posted enough to make a lasting impression
Xayzeck - obvscum
EspeciallyTheLies - Started out town but then started to get disconnected and peripheral from the game, like I would too as scum. I'm not going to attach my own meta to you, but the early towniness isn't enough to keep the slot up. Probably leaning scum? But not a solid read at all.
Not_Mafia - I don't even remember a single post, except "sheeping ETL on "Xay sheeps M"" which is so weird, idk. Tongue-in-cheek me would say nulltown for making such an obviously dumb statement, but in reality that's not how it works.
Majiffy - Resounding null, he's stood out less than NM
Maestro - Town. I haven't gone back to check, but the last game I had with him he was scum? Nomination Mafia was it? He didn't have the rage. I'd like to confirm this with you ETL, does he rage a lot as town? Because if it's pirate/Maestro we're dealing with I don't know if I can trust that meta.
vettrock - Probably town because of PR, haven't been reading into him because of that.
pirate mollie - idk? Haven't really read into her either, probably because she's just started posting content. I'd say nulltown for having a Mtownread, but like I said above, if it's Maestro/pirate then that doesn't work.
OkaPoka - Wavering scumread

The biggest thing on my mind now is pirate/M and Oka/ETL. Both are kinda sketchy without much substantiation, just kinda lines that I've drawn in my head for no particular reason. I haven't investigated these yet because I only started thinking about these on the way home. Basically, Oka/ETL because they're the scummier of my reads, and pirate/M, because only pirate has commented about his rage, and attributed to town under a metatell. Could be scum faking meta for others, and just passing it off as town. Although if I believe it's townrage, then is this meta-thing really a big deal? Hmm
GMT+8
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:42 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Xay continues his awkward posting.

I'm leaning town on Oka because he doesn't seem to care what anyone here thinks of him, despite the wagon on him he's stuck to his guns going against the majority, I don't agree with on a lot of it but i can understand where a lot of it came from and out a lot of his scumminess down to playstyle
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:43 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 407, Not_Mafia wrote:Xay continues his awkward posting.

yay for vagueness
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:45 am

Post by Xayzeck »

let's play the yolo game

VOTE: NM

dance with me
GMT+8
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:47 am

mollie is pretty obviously town here. She's been actively looking for town reads and reaffirming them for herself with each post. That's what mollie does when she's actually looking for scum. I'm not worried about her.

Maestro does rage as town. He rages as scum too but he has a difficult time making it look genuine. This is the problem I have with his later rageposts here. Early rage posts were probably very genuine. Not alignment indicative really, but it did make me think he was town. later rageposts erased that for me. I am waiting on mollie as I think I might trust her read on him better. It's been a while since I've played with Maestro. I'd say I knew him better last year.

Not sure how you see me being partners with Oka. That really makes no sense. I'm willing to vote both of you to get the flip.

Also, your whole "disconnected peripheral" nonsense is just that. Nonsense. I'm an extremely active poster
during the weekdays
as my computer access at work makes it very easy for me to keep up. We have had just one weekend, where it was not only a weekend, but where I was under the weather, and call it "disconnected peripheral". I really don't think you are taking the game as a whole here. At all. Like that is pretty selective reasoning that is not even close to alignment indicative. AND if you go search up Snork's posts in that micro we were in together, you'll see that I did in fact say I was LA on weekends. I never need to post a V/LA notice because I actually do try to check in at least once a day on the weekend. As I have this past weekend.

Not to mention the fact that the moment I returned to work, I am here posting analysis/reads like usual. So... yeah, nonsense. I'd really trust mollie/Maestro to read me better at the moment.

p-edit: ....... wut? Didn't you
just
call him nulltown? Jesus. Why is this not dead yet?
Art is cool.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:49 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 406, Xayzeck wrote:Tongue-in-cheek me would say nulltown for making such an obviously dumb statement, but in reality that's not how it works.

lol pls read

the whole thing of course
GMT+8
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:51 am

lolk
Art is cool.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:56 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 410, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Like that is pretty selective reasoning that is not even close to alignment indicative. AND if you go search up Snork's posts in that micro we were in together, you'll see that I did in fact say I was LA on weekends. I never need to post a V/LA notice because I actually do try to check in at least once a day on the weekend. As I have this past weekend.

I don't think you've interpreted this right. It isn't an issue of post count or whether you kept posting with the game. Around post 220+ you were posting, but the push on me came out of nowhere. THAT is disconnected from the game, and rather peripheral, and had nothing to do with what was going on, which was M/Oka shouting about. I get that you're trying to ground the game back to scumhunting, but it just felt SO out of place it bugs me. Heck, before you voted me you were focused more on Oka, but then that..kinda just disappeared? Is it scum just trying to pull up a wagon, or like a legit townpush?

Because a legit townpush would make more sense IF you had pushed Oka, who had your attention at the time.

And also I ISO'd you and I realised you haven't really talked to M yet, just about him.
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:56 am

Post by Xayzeck »

yeah that's the spirit
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:58 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 413, Xayzeck wrote:And also I ISO'd you and I realised you haven't really talked to M yet, just about him.

idek why I brought this up tbh

I think it was like "oh maybe ETL/M could be a thing" and then I posted and remembered that ETL/M doesn't make much sense because M is town

But M is only town for townrage, so maybe. I guess it was just good to pull that up, because things like this can be covered up as the game continues

yknow
GMT+8
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:01 am

:roll:

This is why I say you have not been reading my posts. I gave very specific reasons for why I am voting you. I am going from VCA using Vettrock=town as a baseline and you come up scum.

If you missed that, even though you say you ISO'd me, I really.. don't know what to tell you.
Art is cool.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:08 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 416, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:This is why I say you have not been reading my posts. I gave very specific reasons for why I am voting you. I am going from VCA using Vettrock=town as a baseline and you come up scum.

If you missed that, even though you say you ISO'd me, I really.. don't know what to tell you.

Very specific? Your reasons were basically "oh he doesn't have reads of his own, vett and oka did, though they were shit" That's not very specific to me.

I just gave you brief reads and thoughts on slots, and I'm developing them right now, particularly NM because he posted and I decided to look at his ISO.

You have put me up higher on your scumlist because I have not given reasoning, whereas Vett did, and Oka, although contradictory, did as well.

You've asked me for reasons for reads, I've given them to you. What more do you want? Do you feel they aren't good enough? Which ones? All? Are there specific reads that you care about? My read on Oka? My read on NM?

I thought you were asking for who I thought was scum because you wanted to understand my mindset. I gave you reads, I was expecting questions, not a readlist of your own. A defense of yourself? Sure, but it wasn't for the attack I was presenting, not to me anyway.
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:12 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 410, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:mollie is pretty obviously town here. She's been actively looking for town reads and reaffirming them for herself with each post. That's what mollie does when she's actually looking for scum. I'm not worried about her.

Maestro does rage as town. He rages as scum too but he has a difficult time making it look genuine. This is the problem I have with his later rageposts here. Early rage posts were probably very genuine. Not alignment indicative really, but it did make me think he was town. later rageposts erased that for me. I am waiting on mollie as I think I might trust her read on him better. It's been a while since I've played with Maestro. I'd say I knew him better last year.

I don't know why you're telling me any of this like I'm going to sheep it. I've made it pretty clear I don't townread you right now, so I'm not going to sheep you on any of your reads.

What did you hope to achieve with this? None of this were made with the intent to convince me, they were made to answer "blahblah here are my reads, what are yours?" which I never asked.

By the way, this is pretty much summed up to "Mollie is scumhunting, fits her meta. M is raging, fits the meta, but doing it too much to nicely fit the meta." which is completely understandable, but I hope you realise that none of this is content that is useful to the two of us right now.
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:13 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 407, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm leaning town on Oka because he doesn't seem to care what anyone here thinks of him, despite the wagon on him he's stuck to his guns going against the majority, I don't agree with on a lot of it but i can understand where a lot of it came from and out a lot of his scumminess down to playstyle

Can you please elaborate on Oka a little? What exactly do you not agree on, but you can understand where it comes from?
GMT+8
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:14 am

In post 418, Xayzeck wrote:I don't know why you're telling me any of this like I'm going to sheep it.

You.... asked.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:15 am

In post 418, Xayzeck wrote:none of this is content that is useful to the two of us right now.

I don't really give a shit if it's useful to you. It's useful to me and may be useful to others.

And I don't particularly like the tone of this post tbqh.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:16 am

In post 417, Xayzeck wrote:I thought you were asking for who I thought was scum because you wanted to understand my mindset.

I asked because I want to know what you want me to think you think. You are not the only one I want this from.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:18 am

Also, I'm not really sure why you think I was referring to post count when I said I was "actively posting". That has nothing to do with post count.
Art is cool.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:27 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 421, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 418, Xayzeck wrote:none of this is content that is useful to the two of us right now.

I don't really give a shit if it's useful to you. It's useful to me and may be useful to others.

And I don't particularly like the tone of this post tbqh.

Yeah I'm grumpy right now because of this game

Because for some reason I can't definitively say you are scum or town and it's frustrating me

In post 422, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I asked because I want to know what you want me to think you think. You are not the only one I want this from.

And then? Does anything come after that? I was expecting questions asking me about my reads, given they are pretty brief, unless just looking at them you went "lol these reads are shit he's obvscum", then that makes more sense to me.

In post 423, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Also, I'm not really sure why you think I was referring to post count when I said I was "actively posting". That has nothing to do with post count.

Because you typed "I'm an extremely active poster
during the weekdays
" in . If that wasn't about post count, then what was it? Regularity of posts? How often you can post? Because either way none of that is really related to what I was referring to. I inferred that you were defending yourself from my disconnected attack because you weren't able to post recently, but not being able to post wasn't why I felt you were disconnected.

In post 420, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 418, Xayzeck wrote:I don't know why you're telling me any of this like I'm going to sheep it.

You.... asked.

I don't recall asking? Can you quote me on this maybe?
GMT+8

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”