Micro 370: Gerrymander Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:22 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 492, Brian Skies wrote:But you've been working under the assumption that he hasn't been trying to pressure people he thinks could be scum. Sure he's OMGUSy, but he's already stated scumreads on you, Oka, and Xay, in that order. So instead of just raging all over the place pretending he isn't doing anything, how about you try reading his posts, yeah?

No... see this is how I know you either don't understand basic reading comprehension or are just being intentionally obtuse. Majiffy seems to understand that my problem with vettrock is the following:

His play was awful to an extreme early D1. My suggestion he return to Rome was completely valid. He had no reads, he fencesat to an extreme, he didn't invest in anything and he joked around and provided no content for any player to go on other than loose one-liners and annoying quips when pressured, and he had a generally cocky and wordy tone in his posts that obscured the rare analysis that was there to begin with.

Once this got noticed he got run up to L-2 over the course of several pages of dialogue with ETL. At which point he claimed. At L-2. But hey, he did it to "move the game forward", so that makes it better right? Because somebody had claimed intent to hammer, so it made sense to claim right?

Except, as I've just said, not only did nobody intend to hammer (which is the appropriate time to claim), he wasn't even at L-1. He claimed this PR purely out of self-preservation and since then has provided no explanation for his odd claim timing, objectively horrible play, or downright lack of cohesion with the rest of this Town. The fact that his claim is confirmable merely means it is a truthful role claim; this particular role is one that is not unique to a Town alignment but because the
ROLE
is true, he has been given a free pass to do whatever he likes*** while the only thing that has changed since his being run up is his claim. His play remains horrible.

Now read my posts again, Brian: that was merely a sum-up of my attitude to vettrock as far as I've been able to put it into words that won't get me removed from this game.

***What Vettrock Would Like To Do This Game: manipulate the Town using his doublevote as a pseudoGovern, impressing upon us as a group the pressure of a lynch
WHETHER WE'VE TALKED ABOUT IT OR NOT
, for here's the thing he doesn't understand: having a PR, even a doublevote, does not make him God, nor does it make him an any more valuable member of this Town. As it stands, his PR is a negative utility role purely because it is in his hands - if he were a Scum doublevoter this would at least be sensible from a player standpoint. He has no right to push us towards discussing any lynch if we'd rather continue and let the Day run its course. He says he won't hammer until we've had our little discussion, which is all well and good, but his promises mean nothing to me and they certainly don't hold him to any higher standard. He should be allwing the Town to almost decide how he utilizes his doublevote and where and when, since his own reads are SELF-ADMITTEDLY so considerably more likely to be wrong D1. Couple this with the fact that his play was objectively bad enough to get him run up to L-2 and probably L-1 if not for his claim, and couple that with the fact that he (if Town) is a priority NK if Scum aren't interested in trying to get him mislynched, and his usefulness is limited and he should know that.

Yet instead, he continues to play the cocky Town Would-Be Leader Extraordinaire and I'm done with it.

PEDIT: Mollie, you're a dear, but you're wrong. He couldn't be more of a useless sack of antiTown spit.
Oka, be quiet - you're in no position to offer advice to anybody
LET ALONE TELL THEM WHAT TO DO

Also, ETL, I realize I haven't addressed this but when you say my earlier "raging" looks more "genuine" (or whateverthefuck you said, CBF to check right now) you really should consider the fact that I'm literally having to comb through every sentence I actually want to post because I've been warned (twice) by Cabd to take some measure to calm myself or else I'll be replaced. It may look like I'm being more cautious or something with my posting... News Flash: I am, because I'd rather not get force-replaced or worse. I'm trying to be civil; don't ruin it. Stop WIFOMing me and either Townread me or don't.

PEDIT: Majiffy at least seems sane, if not less-than-ideally-useful.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:23 pm

Post by Maestro »

Feel free to actually read that because it's less rage more content. Probably won't post again tonight.
I can feel my skin turning green and I'm getting the urge to punch things.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:23 pm

Post by Maestro »

OH I GOT A PAGETOP YAY SUCK IT CABD
I'M HAPPY PLZ DOn'T MODKIL ME
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Cabd »

A Game state trigger has changed.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 1-11

With 9 alive it will take 5 votes to lynch or no lynch.

Xayzeck (3): Brian Skies, Not_Mafia, Majiffy (L-2)
OkaPoka (3): Maestro, Pirate Mollie, vettrock (L-2)
Not_Mafia (1): Xayzeck

Not voting (2): OkaPoka, EspeciallyTheLies

Page Count (Day): 20
Page Count (Total): 20

Deadline: (expired on 2014-08-12 00:26:43)

Last edited by Cabd on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by Maestro »

WTF DOES THAT MEAN
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Wut. Does. that. mean.

Also, can I just say that I sort of see what Maestro is saying. Somewhat agree with it.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Apparently social media lost its power.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 503, Cabd wrote:

@Cabd: I wish for any and all available explanation as to what this means, in-thread.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 507, OkaPoka wrote:Apparently social media lost its power.

vettrock claimed that he would keep Social Media unvoted until D2 or else we could lynch him tomorrow... which is another instance of him thinking he has more power or worth than he actually does, but I'll let that go for now I guess.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Yeah, but usually if would say that Social media isn't voting. It seems here that it is part of the power of vett, to allow social media to leave for a day.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 508, Maestro wrote:
In post 503, Cabd wrote:

@Cabd: I wish for any and all available explanation as to what this means, in-thread.

http://dictionary.reference.com/ Other than that, and the information in the OP, you're on your own, I suppose~
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

I'm guessing the trigger made social media lose its power.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I'd like a confirmation from vett if this is or is not his doing.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 499, Majiffy wrote:
In post 497, pirate mollie wrote:I am not sure that vetty could be more town even if he tried.

We'll probably end up having a falling out.

only if you push on vetty
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

UNVOTE:
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

maestro you are doing my head in
whew!
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:51 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 514, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 497, pirate mollie wrote:I am not sure that vetty could be more town even if he tried.

Do you disagree that his recent actions, re: threatening a non-majority lynch, have been anti-town?

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:52 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Mollie, explain.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:22 pm

Post by vettrock »

In post 500, Maestro wrote:
Once this got noticed he got run up to L-2 over the course of several pages of dialogue with ETL. At which point he claimed. At L-2. But hey, he did it to "move the game forward", so that makes it better right? Because somebody had claimed intent to hammer, so it made sense to claim right?
OkaPoka stated, that he would put me at L-1, but due to the unknown nature of social media and how that would vote, he didn't want to actually cast the vote. So intent to put me at L-1 was called, and everyone continued to speculate about the social media instead of trying to scumhunt. I thought that it would be in the best interest of the town to stop the speculation, and claim since the intent was to push me to L-1. Had I not claimed, I'm assuming there would be another several pages of talk about the social network vote instead of scum hunting.

In post 500, Maestro wrote:
***What Vettrock Would Like To Do This Game: manipulate the Town using his doublevote as a pseudoGovern, impressing upon us as a group the pressure of a lynch
WHETHER WE'VE TALKED ABOUT IT OR NOT
, for here's the thing he doesn't understand: having a PR, even a doublevote, does not make him God, nor does it make him an any more valuable member of this Town. As it stands, his PR is a negative utility role purely because it is in his hands - if he were a Scum doublevoter this would at least be sensible from a player standpoint. He has no right to push us towards discussing any lynch if we'd rather continue and let the Day run its course. He says he won't hammer until we've had our little discussion, which is all well and good, but his promises mean nothing to me and they certainly don't hold him to any higher standard. He should be allwing the Town to almost decide how he utilizes his doublevote and where and when, since his own reads are SELF-ADMITTEDLY so considerably more likely to be wrong D1. Couple this with the fact that his play was objectively bad enough to get him run up to L-2 and probably L-1 if not for his claim, and couple that with the fact that he (if Town) is a priority NK if Scum aren't interested in trying to get him mislynched, and his usefulness is limited and he should know that.

Yet instead, he continues to play the cocky Town Would-Be Leader Extraordinaire and I'm done with it.

Clearly, misrepresentation again. No where have I said anything about being the pseudoGovern, or "God" or even said anything that I was more important, or more correct than anyone, other than maybe more calm than Maestro. I'm not going to say I will never use my doublevote, otherwise what is the point of having it. Nowhere, did I say I was going to use it whether we talk about it or not.
Please quote where I said this.
It may be difficult, since I didn't say that. I base my reads off of facts as well as hunches, whereas Maestro appears to base his of stuff that he pretends that I say, but yet can't quote it. Like his previous comment that he was 99% sure that I used the word pointless. I would prefer not to have to use the doublevote because the town reaches a lynch decision on their own. If anything I would call my play the opposite of cocky. I'll admit I'm not perfect.

I would agree that the usefulness is limited as I don't have any special ability to root out scum anymore than anyone else, and that I would probably have a higher priority for a nightkill from the scum, but I would think they would prefer to nightkill another power role if possible.
In post 517, Majiffy wrote:
In post 514, pirate mollie wrote:

Do you disagree that his recent actions, re: threatening a non-majority lynch, have been anti-town?

I have said I would prefer to never have to use it, as a majority lynch is much better for town. I won't say I will never use it otherwise what is the point of having it. I hope to never have to use it. I don't what what I said as threatening a non-majority lynch. I said I was hold back my second vote for town to discuss and hopefully reach the best solution for town.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by vettrock »

In post 513, Majiffy wrote:I'd like a confirmation from vett if this is or is not his doing.

I will say there are some limitations, but I don't want to detail as to how they work.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Stop dodging.

In post 503, Cabd wrote:

Was this you? Yes or no.

||
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by vettrock »

In post 521, Majiffy wrote:Stop dodging.

In post 503, Cabd wrote:

Was this you? Yes or no.

I did not directly cause the trigger. I am pretty sure I know what the trigger was. I may affect other things as well.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:20 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 519, vettrock wrote:Clearly, misrepresentation again. No where have I said anything about being the pseudoGovern, or "God" or even said anything that I was more important, or more correct than anyone, other than maybe more calm than Maestro. I'm not going to say I will never use my doublevote, otherwise what is the point of having it. Nowhere, did I say I was going to use it whether we talk about it or not.
Please quote where I said this.
It may be difficult, since I didn't say that. I base my reads off of facts as well as hunches, whereas Maestro appears to base his of stuff that he pretends that I say, but yet can't quote it. Like his previous comment that he was 99% sure that I used the word pointless. I would prefer not to have to use the doublevote because the town reaches a lynch decision on their own. If anything I would call my play the opposite of cocky. I'll admit I'm not perfect.

I would agree that the usefulness is limited as I don't have any special ability to root out scum anymore than anyone else, and that I would probably have a higher priority for a nightkill from the scum, but I would think they would prefer to nightkill another power role if possible.

You don't need to outright say anything, this is my implication from your posts.
Don't spin me into a misrepper when that's not what I'm doing - it may be hyperbole to say you think you're God, but that's the kindof person I am so stop being the kind of cunt who points out technicalities like "
actually
I didn't literally say that so point out where I did, which may difficult *chuckle chuckle sips tea*"

You are hanging that vote over our heads. Yes / No?
It's the truth.
You've said you will hammer "once we've talked about the lynch". What if we don't need / want you to hammer at all? I don't want you anywhere near any wagon that could possibly get a lynch; I don't trust you enough and we don't need you to make shit happen. You don't need to say "I'm God" your last post implies the same:
STOP ACTING / POSTURING / TOYING WITH THINKING YOU HAVE MORE OF AN EFFECT ON THIS GAME THAN YOU ACTUALLY DO
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:21 pm

Post by Maestro »

Either fullclaim or stop talking period - you're dancing around things that could help Town if we had more information about what the fuck is going on. You are being 100% antiTown by doing so.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”