farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:08 pm

Post by farside22 »

Hint not hunt.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:11 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 917, Baezu wrote:^^and this is what makes you cool, cooldog!

The only question I have is why messiah wasn't killed n1 if he is actual doc.

exactly. That's why I think outing the info is a good idea because it could theoretically force scum to kill the doc for us or let an info role stay alive and give us more information each time.

Even if the info flat-out confirms someone as town and thus makes them draw the scum kill we have tremendous power over the scum kill at that point and throw them into a perpetual state of wifom with a possible doctor.

If we get down to lylo then we will have enough info to go on to win the game.

ALSO @ WHY NOT. GIVE YOUR INFO TO SOMEONE ELSE TONIGHT. If he gives it to someone else then that will confirm him 100% because it isn't a bullshit scum gambut between the two (theoretical possibility). As well as the fact that giving to pants again could be problematic if he decides NOT to reveal his info. He get's the final say after all. Basically giving to someone else insures one info survives unconditionally.

@why not, no worrys about your claim. Actually it was perfectly fine. I'm pretty damn confident we can win this game as town. Role blocker is relatively probable. This is just another reason for pants to out.

The play today is for Messiah to tell all of us he WILL protect why not and for pants to out. This forces messiah's role to be confirmed and gets rid of the fucking shitty lylo situation that we would be in with him. Honestly, I'm perfectly happy letting the doc die at this stage to confirm his role and get two more pieces of information.

Again, when we know the type of info this is we could potentially change this strategy, so yeah, whatever.

@farside, completely agree. If it isn't basically a cop role then that info is useless.
after a wank.
Why not
Why not
Goon
Why not
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by Why not »

we'll out the results nearer to the end of the day, then
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:26 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

In post 922, Why not wrote:I'm sorry about yesterday, guys. Especially to Dr Pants. I could have orchestrated my claim in a better/less confusing way. And I could have taken things in better stride. Anyways, since I can send my gifts to anyone, I have at least two more moves before scum can stop me. Unless they have a RBer, which actually seems likely.

For that reason, I think it's important for DrPants to reveal his information before the Day is over, but not to rush it since it might be useful to see how people behave without it.

No its cool, I really wasn't thinking straight. Again, when you see the PM I got you'll understand it better, but good god do you have a confusing role.

I'll reveal the info at the end of the day if you think its a good idea.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by Baezu »

Farside, if I'm scum, who is my partner?
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Messiah Complex
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:53 pm

Post by Messiah Complex »

In post 508, farside22 wrote:Messiah:
1. You stated one issue with Anatole that you wonder is a trust tell and listed as scum, nothing on baezu. What is the difference between your scum reads and null scum?
2. Was baezu scum in the game you referenced in post 360?
3. Just an FYI I have selective reading issues. My eyes glaze over things especially in long post. I didn't read everything you wrote, I was bother you quoted something pants did as well and found it scummy.
4. Why are you defending thor in post 500?

1. What are you considering a trust tell? Baezu had barely posted at that point, and I felt like I had more glaring pings from other people at the time. Scum reads are scum reads, null scum means that I am leaning towards them being scum, is this a legit question or are you asking about the people themselves?
2. No, Baezu was town in that game, as was I. We ended up in a TvT battle for far too long.
3. What were you bothered about wrt a post about Pants?
4. I don’t feel like I was defending Thor as much as pointing out faulty reasoning in other players.

In post 509, Baezu wrote:Messiah- unfortunately for me, only my town games are scummy. I haven't been scum much but I've won most of my scum games and been lynched d1 in most of my town games. In my scum games no one thinks I'm scummy. I don't act scummy, I'm not accused of being scummy and I usually can coast to a win. So if you feel I'm being scummy this game you can be sure it's because I'm town. If I were scum right now, I'd be drawing way less attention to myself and being way more subversive

I hate this post. Flat out hate it. “I can’t be scum because my scum game is so good that if I were scum you would never know it and people think that I could be scum means that I am town because I only get scum read as town.” The logic you are using is so circular and self serving that I can’t in good conscious ever allow you to use it.
@Anat
- Every other game I have played has had the language thing either stated, or in play as an unsaid rule. We The Purple had someone posting in an Asian language and was jumped all over for it. Sorry I thought it wouldn’t be kosher to post in anything other than English. And what do I have to be afraid of? There are probably, what, 5 different nationalities of people in this game? French, English, American, German and remote possibility of a Canadian. What about your use of French could possibly have me fearing?
The rest of your post is reaching at shorter straws than that one.
In post 636, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I kinda get the feeling from Belisarius that he gives a shit about the historicity of this scenario, and the character I rolled supports that. So I find it weird that the role Messiah claimed - the character - was not in combat or even in france during the time period we're discussing in this game.
But it may be a bad assumption to say that he is trying to make sure *every* character was present, but it is strange that it would be some and not others.

This is a bad argument to try and make. TheWay tried to do this with me in Harry Potter recently and failed horribly. Mods worth their shit would not allow something like that to break their games. More likely than not these supposed inconsistencies are purposeful to make the game unbreakable by flavor.

In post 679, Baezu wrote:I'm confused. Weren't we voting for marcrell? Why did messiah claim? Did I miss something?

Another strike goes against you for this post. The confusion seems faked. I claimed because I was at l-2 and there were other people talking about being alright with my lynch. When would you have rathered me claim? At l-1 leaving me open to a scumhammer?
In post 686, Why not wrote:
After some internal debate, I think I'll take my chances just on the odds alone: 1/13 of being a doc vs. 3/13 of being scum (whic is of course ignoring everything that's happened in the game).

you are deliberately pointing out how unreasonable this line of thinking is, and yet going with it anyway

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Reading Shirs post made my head hurt.

I made it to page 33, going to bed now. Will finish up tomorrow.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:20 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 929, Baezu wrote:Farside, if I'm scum, who is my partner?

Marcell or messiah.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:20 am

Post by Marcrell »

He's either scum, scum don't believe the claim, or scum are trying to get us to lynch our doc.
And Baezu, why is far side conftown?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:21 am

Post by farside22 »

I'll get back to messiah later.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:46 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 932, Marcrell wrote:

He's either scum, scum don't believe the claim, or scum are trying to get us to lynch our doc.

At this point I'm just baffled by this post. No where have I ever advocated lynching the doctor at all. In fact my plan is to get us to a point where we never have to lynch a doc without being pretty sure of his alignment.
after a wank.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:50 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

In post 930, Messiah Complex wrote:
In post 508, farside22 wrote:Messiah:
1. You stated one issue with Anatole that you wonder is a trust tell and listed as scum, nothing on baezu. What is the difference between your scum reads and null scum?
2. Was baezu scum in the game you referenced in post 360?
3. Just an FYI I have selective reading issues. My eyes glaze over things especially in long post. I didn't read everything you wrote, I was bother you quoted something pants did as well and found it scummy.
4. Why are you defending thor in post 500?

1. What are you considering a trust tell? Baezu had barely posted at that point, and I felt like I had more glaring pings from other people at the time. Scum reads are scum reads, null scum means that I am leaning towards them being scum, is this a legit question or are you asking about the people themselves?
2. No, Baezu was town in that game, as was I. We ended up in a TvT battle for far too long.
4. I don’t feel like I was defending Thor as much as pointing out faulty reasoning in other players.

In post 509, Baezu wrote:Messiah- unfortunately for me, only my town games are scummy. I haven't been scum much but I've won most of my scum games and been lynched d1 in most of my town games. In my scum games no one thinks I'm scummy. I don't act scummy, I'm not accused of being scummy and I usually can coast to a win. So if you feel I'm being scummy this game you can be sure it's because I'm town. If I were scum right now, I'd be drawing way less attention to myself and being way more subversive

I hate this post. Flat out hate it. “I can’t be scum because my scum game is so good that if I were scum you would never know it and people think that I could be scum means that I am town because I only get scum read as town.” The logic you are using is so circular and self serving that I can’t in good conscious ever allow you to use it.
@Anat
- Every other game I have played has had the language thing either stated, or in play as an unsaid rule. We The Purple had someone posting in an Asian language and was jumped all over for it. Sorry I thought it wouldn’t be kosher to post in anything other than English. And what do I have to be afraid of? There are probably, what, 5 different nationalities of people in this game? French, English, American, German and remote possibility of a Canadian. What about your use of French could possibly have me fearing?
The rest of your post is reaching at shorter straws than that one.
In post 636, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I kinda get the feeling from Belisarius that he gives a shit about the historicity of this scenario, and the character I rolled supports that. So I find it weird that the role Messiah claimed - the character - was not in combat or even in france during the time period we're discussing in this game.
But it may be a bad assumption to say that he is trying to make sure *every* character was present, but it is strange that it would be some and not others.

This is a bad argument to try and make. TheWay tried to do this with me in Harry Potter recently and failed horribly. Mods worth their shit would not allow something like that to break their games. More likely than not these supposed inconsistencies are purposeful to make the game unbreakable by flavor.

In post 679, Baezu wrote:I'm confused. Weren't we voting for marcrell? Why did messiah claim? Did I miss something?

Another strike goes against you for this post. The confusion seems faked. I claimed because I was at l-2 and there were other people talking about being alright with my lynch. When would you have rathered me claim? At l-1 leaving me open to a scumhammer?
In post 686, Why not wrote:
After some internal debate, I think I'll take my chances just on the odds alone: 1/13 of being a doc vs. 3/13 of being scum (whic is of course ignoring everything that's happened in the game).

you are deliberately pointing out how unreasonable this line of thinking is, and yet going with it anyway

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Reading Shirs post made my head hurt.

I made it to page 33, going to bed now. Will finish up tomorrow.

Messiah, post #804 please.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:57 am

Post by farside22 »

@messiah

1. You mentioned Anatole as scum due to trust tells so I don't know. Also why does baezu barely posting =scum?
2. What makes barzu scum this game vs the other game?
3. You and pants both quoted the same post from jiffy as an issue.
4. Why did your reads on thor change?
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Baezu »

Actually marcrell I'm starting to doubt that farside is town considering her post stating that nothing can change her mind about voting me. That's not a very town attitude
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:04 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 937, Baezu wrote:

Actually marcrell I'm starting to doubt that farside is town considering her post stating that nothing can change her mind about voting me. That's not a very town attitude

Did you do something worth changing my mind? You are inconsistant in more ways then one. Although I don't think highly of you, your one pro move you did was push a read and go a little nutty.
This game. Thor's a town read for no reason. He's shot and instead of confusion that I would associate with someone who had a town read on a player, your glad thor is dead.
You go back and look at interaction and the reason cool is on there is for town credit to bus scum....seriously?! Then shir is on there because????
Next you ask about the doc being alive like wow that fucking question hasn't been asked already.
You are not an absent minded idiot. Your reasoning is basically theory and in short not scum hunting at all.

Let me know why I should change my views.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:56 am

Post by Paschendale »

I think we should have all the information available as soon as possible. Not that anyone else should claim, but if there's results, let's have them.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:17 am

Post by Marcrell »

In post 934, CooLDoG wrote:

At this point I'm just baffled by this post. No where have I ever advocated lynching the doctor at all. In fact my plan is to get us to a point where we never have to lynch a doc without being pretty sure of his alignment.

Wat? I mean the player/s who is scum is trying to get us to lynch the doc, not you.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:58 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 939, Paschendale wrote:I think we should have all the information available as soon as possible. Not that anyone else should claim, but if there's results, let's have them.

I agree with this. Better now so we can think about it then later when we have to scramble. Also, if it is a cop-like result it will give us a better idea of who to lynch today.
after a wank.
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:01 am

Post by Dr Pants »

nope! not gonna happen :P

if I wait to say it until its necessary then we'll have more information we can get out of it

Pache, stop lurking. It makes you look scummy
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:57 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 942, Dr Pants wrote:nope! not gonna happen :P

if I wait to say it until its necessary then we'll have more information we can get out of it

Pache, stop lurking. It makes you look scummy

There's just so much bickering going on that I'm having trouble keeping up. I know people want to lynch Marcrell. I've been asking why for 20 pages and no one will produce a satisfying answer. Thor's flip makes it unlikely that we're going to lynch you. Baezu and Farside are still great choices for lynches. Why Not needs to lay their damn cards on the table. Other than that, it's basically just a lot of noise.
Why not
Why not
Goon
Why not
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:37 am

Post by Why not »

ugh
i don't have a lot of positive feelings for those pushing for more role info
but i guess it's a good idea to go ahead and say that baezu is basically confirmed town
Shiryu
Shiryu
Goon
Shiryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:38 am

Post by Shiryu »

So only CoolDoG answered my one question.

Asking Pants, Why Not and Baezu again: I'm perfectly aware for your reason for your vote on me. Not arguing against it. But I'd still like you all to tell me, do you understand my train of thought as went over it in ? Do you disagree with it?

Now this questions goes out to everyone, but especially Pants:
If
we do plan on revealing the information before the day is done, is it going to be Pants that reveals it? Or Why Not? Was I wrong in thinking that it should be Why Not so that Pants can confirm it? Peedit: Or never mind. Info's out, it seems.

In post 940, Marcrell wrote:
In post 934, CooLDoG wrote:

Wat? I mean the player/s who is scum is trying to get us to lynch the doc, not you.

Um, so I'm pretty sure this was just a mistake in the same vein of how I wrote "I think Pants is scum" instead of "I don't want to vote Why Note", but yeah, why did you think this question was referring to you, CooLDoG?
I am the eggman, woo!
They are the eggmen, woo!
I am the walrus, goo goo g' joob!
Why not
Why not
Goon
Why not
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:47 am

Post by Why not »

it's unlikely that pants would have handled my claim the way he did if he were scum
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:49 am

Post by Dr Pants »

@ shiryu: yeah i dont have a problem with 887, and its not why im voting you
Shiryu
Shiryu
Goon
Shiryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:53 am

Post by Shiryu »

In post 946, Why not wrote:it's unlikely that pants would have handled my claim the way he did if he were scum

I was thinking the reverse actually. Pants is the most likely to be town out of the two of you. The whole reason I was pushing for you to give something that Pants could confirm was for me to feel that same way about you.

So Pants, does Why Not's claim go with what you got?
I am the eggman, woo!
They are the eggmen, woo!
I am the walrus, goo goo g' joob!
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 944, Why not wrote:ugh
i don't have a lot of positive feelings for those pushing for more role info
but i guess it's a good idea to go ahead and say that baezu is basically confirmed town

^ see, now we don't waste time running him up.
In post 946, Why not wrote:it's unlikely that pants would have handled my claim the way he did if he were scum

basically this. Also given how hard thor went for him I just don't see that as a bus.
after a wank.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”