Why not
Why not
Goon
Why not
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Why not »

In post 1073, Dr Pants wrote:My guess is that there's a "spy", who has a French or American country of origin but is mafia aligned

which means...godfather.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

I think it's likely they have some night communication ability as well
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

I mean to say it may be a symp type role rather than a godfather
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

In post 1075, Why not wrote:
In post 1073, Dr Pants wrote:My guess is that there's a "spy", who has a French or American country of origin but is mafia aligned

which means...godfather.

but a weak one, since we have hints
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 1068, farside22 wrote:Shir: I'm disagreeing that why not should discuss his target. I think of worst case scenario with scum ablities and I have I issue with why not selecting a target without telling anyone today.

I understand the problem, but if he tells us who to target then the scum will just kill him/her. Whatever, not important really. I mean, I understand your point and I don't really think it will make much difference either way.
In post 1071, Why not wrote:With a roleblocker, optimal scum play is to NK the doc and block me. Nothing will be much clearer tomorrow that way.

Nope. RB the doc and kill you. that would set up an MC lynch wagon.

possibly a traitor?

Yeah, marcell is like non-existant in this game now.
after a wank.
Shiryu
Shiryu
Goon
Shiryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by Shiryu »

In post 1079, CooLDoG wrote:
In post 1071, Why not wrote:With a roleblocker, optimal scum play is to NK the doc and block me. Nothing will be much clearer tomorrow that way.

Nope. RB the doc and kill you. that would set up an MC lynch wagon.

I was thinking about this, actually. If Pants does die tonight, do we still proceed with going after MC? If MC is the doc and mafia go this route, the'll risk us having information that'll let us target one of their own instead. So I'd have to agree with Why Not on this one. Killing the doc and blocking him means we get no extra information, and they'll then be able to kill Why Not the next night, while still blocking him if we haven't lynched the role blocker. Again, all assuming there is a mafia roleblocker to begin with.
I am the eggman, woo!
They are the eggmen, woo!
I am the walrus, goo goo g' joob!
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by Belisarius »

In post 1072, Why not wrote:Also, mod, don't we get to know more about Thor's role than that he was a propagandist?

I can't tell you any more than that

Vote Count 04/11/1917.08
(L-2)
Marcrell: (4) CooLDoG, Anatole Kuragin, Baezu, farside22
Shiryu: (1) Dr Pants
Baezu: (1) Paschendale

Not Voting: Marcrell, Messiah Complex, Shiryu, Why not

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-08-18 15:10:00)

Mod Notes:
Prodding Marcrell
[/area]
Why not
Why not
Goon
Why not
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:55 pm

Post by Why not »

If there's a roleblocker or a godfather we simply need to return to the standard of scumhunting and stuff. Sooner instead of later.
Why not
Why not
Goon
Why not
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by Why not »

Maybe we should assess our chances of losing if we establish a hardcore voting bloc and just kill people randomly.
Why not
Why not
Goon
Why not
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by Why not »

no at this rate we would always be exactly half of the town until 4 players remain
and that's ignoring the chance that Pants / Baezu / someone is screwing us over

basically a scum roleblocker means we have to keep trying

propagandist sounds like he would either send messages to people or alter my results in some way
Why not
Why not
Goon
Why not
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by Why not »

In post 1081, Belisarius wrote:
In post 1072, Why not wrote:Also, mod, don't we get to know more about Thor's role than that he was a propagandist?

I can't tell you any more than that

that's kinda bastardy
Why not
Why not
Goon
Why not
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by Why not »

you promised normal mechanics
but the game is limited reveal!
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by Marcrell »

Sorry guys, I was really busy with school, and got really tired afterwards. Right now we seem to be debating what to do with the I for and such and are off reads for now. I did notice a request for a reads list, which I'll get to in the morning. I've been debating over what side that earlier bulletin is relevant for. It sounded like it came from the Central Powers, but the question is what side it's relevant for. It could imply some sort of "spy", within the mafia, basically a town-aligned mafia, but I've only had something like that once and I assume it isn't normal
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 1083, Why not wrote:Maybe we should assess our chances of losing if we establish a hardcore voting bloc and just kill people randomly.

actually though. Yeah, I think we need to really look at this tomorrow though when the dust settles. But yeah, we are in good shape regardless. Keeping in mind we have a pretty significant amount of high percentage town reads.
after a wank.
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:15 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

In post 1083, Why not wrote:Maybe we should assess our chances of losing if we establish a hardcore voting bloc and just kill people randomly.

We have enough info that we can do this.

You are confirmed
Baezu is likely confirmed, depending on what propaganda does. its unlikely though that a propogandist just gets to interfere with your actions though, so I'm gonna think Baezu is town.
CD is town or a SK, but much more likely town

The question marks from the would-be town block are me and MC. Maybe we should mass claim at this point? If there are only 3 claimed town PR's then I think MC is definitely the doc. I know I'm town.

In the ? pool is Shiryu, Marcell, Pasche, Anatole, and Farside. I strongly think both scum are in this pool.
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

Thinking about it, a mass claim including name and country of origin is a good idea.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:32 pm

Post by Paschendale »

In post 1031, farside22 wrote:And all I gathered he!s holding onto one point and it hasn't moved onto anything else for any other reason.

@pants: is it normal for pasche to hold onto a scum read like that for such a weak reason?

Well you haven't done anything else since then. You just follow along when Pants or other active players are taking the lead. You haven't contributed anything to scumhunting and mostly just whined about me when you aren't nodding vigorously to what townier players are saying.

In post 1033, Dr Pants wrote:tbh, his play right now doesn't fit either his town meta or his scum meta based on games I've played with him. So I'm not really using meta on him this game, I just think that his positions have been useless/bad and he's been lurky. Both those make me read scum on him.

I've had a busy weekend and less time with an internet connection than I expected. But this is one of those games where everyone looks fairly scummy. If it weren't for all this mutual agreement over PRs, I would have very few townreads. Likewise, there's only a few people who stand out as notably scummy past the normal level that everyone seems to be inhabiting. Despite your clearing from Thor's flip, there isn't even a lot of pro-town content from you. Pretty much everyone who's voting Marcrell with literally no case is scumming it up big time, but not in a way that is actually useful in scumhunting. It's just really anti-town behavior. That's why I'm not chasing anyone down, because you all look pretty scummy.

Seriously, I have no idea why anyone is voting Marcrell. The worst you can accuse him of is simply not having a lot to contribute. Scum ought to at least be able to make something up. No one is invoking his lynch as a lurker lynch. You all think he's actually sucm. Not a one of you will articulate a decent reason why. You can't all be scum, so perhaps you've all gone mad.

In post 1040, Dr Pants wrote:
In post 1038, Baezu wrote:@farside. I have and he's usually aggressive-as town or scum.

^exactly. This is some odd off-brand version of Pasche, but it smells scummy.

It's how I am when I'm not really invested in a game because everyone looks like scum. When we get a little farther in and people stop derping so hard, then I'll pull out all the stops, but for now, I could happily lynch almost everyone. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was scum in all of this mutual confirming claims, and I'm generally not very willing to err on the side of a claim over scummy play.
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:40 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

In post 1091, Paschendale wrote:Despite your clearing from Thor's flip, there isn't even a lot of pro-town content from you

k

I sincerely hope that Why Not investigates you tonight.

Or we could just lynch you now
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:45 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

however, i do agree with your thoughts on marcell and farside

are you willing to mass claim?
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:27 pm

Post by Paschendale »

In post 1092, Dr Pants wrote:
In post 1091, Paschendale wrote:Despite your clearing from Thor's flip, there isn't even a lot of pro-town content from you

k

Kill your detractors. Clearly pro-town. You don't care about finding the right people, just wanna get rid of the people who don't buy your crap. This is part of the "even if you have PR and flip reasons to make you look like town, none of your actual posts do".

I have no objection to a massclaim.
Why not
Why not
Goon
Why not
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by Why not »

who from the pool of unconfirmeds do we lynch pasche
baezu is going nowhere, not today
Why not
Why not
Goon
Why not
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:42 pm

Post by Why not »

I really don't want to go into lategame with someone who will lynch a claimed investigative role's result on the day that the role is confirmed
Why not
Why not
Goon
Why not
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:43 pm

Post by Why not »

In post 1094, Paschendale wrote:
In post 1092, Dr Pants wrote:

k

Kill your detractors. Clearly pro-town. You don't care about finding the right people, just wanna get rid of the people who don't buy your crap. This is part of the "even if you have PR and flip reasons to make you look like town, none of your actual posts do".

I have no objection to a massclaim.

have you ever thought that maybe you aren't as good at labeling town/scum behavior as you think you are
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:09 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 1086, Why not wrote:you promised normal mechanics
but the game is limited reveal!

-It is still privileged information at this time; should that change, I will answer your question.

-Prodding Messiah Complex
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:06 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 1095, Why not wrote:who from the pool of unconfirmeds do we lynch pasche
baezu is going nowhere, not today

I men, I like marcell for reasons that have already been stated in the thread... farside is on v/la which might explain her lack of posting. SO really I like marcell/pasche for today. Shiuya can wait a little in my opinion.
after a wank.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”