Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Just here for the Pagetop!

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 49, Skullduggery wrote:
In post 22, notscience wrote:^this guy is town

Also, the sky is blue.

In post 26, Prof Fridays wrote:FakeGod explicitly stated flavor knowledge was not necessary, so it follows that the mafia would not be chosen by their goodness/badness in the story.

Or, you know, safe-claims could be a thing. Why is that possibility less likely than what Salamence said in 6?

In post 27, Salamence20 wrote:Because using this ability before we have reads leads me to an auto-lynch.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you plan to use it on Notscience regardless. If that's the case, what's the point in waiting for "reads"? Whose reads in particular are you waiting for?

In post 31, Aronis wrote:I don't like Salamence. At all.

And you aren't voting for him because...?

In post 37, Salamence20 wrote:I'm not liking Reinoe, Marquis, and Rack's openings

What didn't you like about Marquis's first post? I see gibberish and nothing else.

In post 37, Salamence20 wrote:I used Vi as an example because she knows when I'm pulling a fast one vs actually trying to do something

You said you were worried about
Scum
-Vi specifically, though. What difference would it make for Scum-Vi to know whether you're pulling a gambit or not? Wouldn't Town-Salamence be worried about her reaction regardless?

In post 38, Vi wrote:
In post 21, Skullduggery wrote:
In post 10, Salamence20 wrote:No. Not a gambit.

I need to do this now becausemy claim is scummy as hell and viscum would love to take a shot
If your claim is scummy, then why is Vi in particular the person that you're worried about?
:D :D :?

How should I interpret this?

In post 43, Aronis wrote:If Salamence's role, is really anti-town. Then there is no reason, unless he swares not to use it, can choose to not use it, and doesn't, to not lynch him.

Does this mean you believe everything about Salamence's claim so far?

I'm not saying I believe it or not, but that he should probably be lynched regardless.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Natirasha »

In post 38, Vi wrote:D :D :?

Vote: Aronis
(L-8)

You
do
exist!
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:01 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 51, Natirasha wrote:
In post 38, Vi wrote:D :D :?

(L-8)

You
do
exist!
I'm currently away from my computer, so it's something of a quantum Vixistence.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by reinoe »

'You might just as well say', added the Dormouse, who seemed to be talking in his sleep, 'that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.2

Titus [1] - Malakittens
Natirasha [2] - Natirasha, Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays [1] - rack
Reinoe [1] - Skullduggery
Marquis [1] - hiplop
Aronis [3] - Vi, Le Cupcake, Konowa

Not Voting [8]
- Aronis, Salamence20, MattP, Marquis, 4burner, notscience, Titus, Reinoe

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch

Deadline is Auguest 17, 2014, at 11:00 AM PST.
Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2014-08-17 12:00:00)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:19 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I think reinoe has a post restriction lol
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:21 pm

Post by notscience »

I think ns is town
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:40 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

In post 49, Skullduggery wrote:
In post 26, Prof Fridays wrote:FakeGod explicitly stated flavor knowledge was not necessary, so it follows that the mafia would not be chosen by their goodness/badness in the story.

Or, you know, safe-claims could be a thing. Why is that possibility less likely than what Salamence said in 6?

That logically doesn't follow. Role fake-claims are certainly a possibility, but character fake-claims don't make any sense. If you don't need flavor knowledge, then you shouldn't have to know who the good guys and bad guys are in the story, so the good guys and bad guys
should
be random (at least, somewhat), and the roles of characters must not be tied to their significance in the story, so there's no need to mask who they are; they should be able to hide in plain sight.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

Also, Aronis is town. His behavior seems very much in line with what I've experienced of town-Aronis.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

UNVOTE:

Not interested in lynching Nati. Seems like Skullduggery is trying too hard: asks a lot of questions; not much else from him. Konowa's vote on Aronis was bad. I sympathize with hiplop. That's all I got for now.

THE LAB 4 is live!
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:26 pm

Post by reinoe »

Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 56, notscience wrote:I think ns is town

You're scum
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:54 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

In post 61, Malakittens wrote:

You're scum

THE LAB 4 is live!
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:34 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

In post 50, Aronis wrote:I'm not saying I believe it or not, but that he should probably be lynched regardless.

So, again, you think Salamence needs to be lynched but you aren't actually voting for him or pushing for his lynch because...?

Also, you didn't actually answer the question. Do you believe everything about Salamence's claim so far? That seems like an important distinction to make, and I don't like how you brushed it off without taking a stance on it.

In post 57, Prof Fridays wrote:That logically doesn't follow. Role fake-claims are certainly a possibility, but character fake-claims don't make any sense. If you don't need flavor knowledge, then you shouldn't have to know who the good guys and bad guys are in the story, so the good guys and bad guys should be random (at least, somewhat), and the roles of characters must not be tied to their significance in the story, so there's no need to mask who they are; they should be able to hide in plain sight.

That's not quite the point I was trying to make. When FakeGod said that flavor knowledge wasn't necessary, that could have meant that flavor knowledge would be provided to the Scum team in the form of safe-claims. It doesn't necessarily mean that flavor/role/alignment pairing are completely random, as Salamence initially asserted.

In post 59, Prof Fridays wrote:Seems like Skullduggery is trying too hard: asks a lot of questions; not much else from him

First of all, you
do
realize that the game days here are only a little over a week apiece, right? We don't have a whole lot of time to work with, so you'll have to excuse me if it looks like I'm "trying too hard" or whatever nonsense you're spewing. I want to use my time wisely.

Secondly, this is how I play. Ask any of the other people here who have played with me in the past. I'm not going to change my style just to appease you.

Thirdly, saying that I'm asking questions and "not much else" is a load of garbage and you know it. You may not like my methods, but you cannot with a straight face say that I'm not making an honest effort to figure shit out, which is more than can be said for half the player list so far.

In post 55, Malakittens wrote:I think reinoe has a post restriction lol

Post restrictions are bastard, and this was not advertised as a bastard game.

Reinoe, what are you doing?
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:08 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

In post 63, Skullduggery wrote:
In post 57, Prof Fridays wrote:That logically doesn't follow. Role fake-claims are certainly a possibility, but character fake-claims don't make any sense. If you don't need flavor knowledge, then you shouldn't have to know who the good guys and bad guys are in the story, so the good guys and bad guys should be random (at least, somewhat), and the roles of characters must not be tied to their significance in the story, so there's no need to mask who they are; they should be able to hide in plain sight.

That's not quite the point I was trying to make. When FakeGod said that flavor knowledge wasn't necessary, that could have meant that flavor knowledge would be provided to the Scum team in the form of safe-claims. It doesn't necessarily mean that flavor/role/alignment pairing are completely random, as Salamence initially asserted.

See, that doesn't make sense to me. If flavor knowledge isn't necessary, then it should work both ways. You seem to suggest that scum don't need flavor knowledge, but town do? Because why have safe-claims if you don't need to know what "safe" claims would be?

In post 63, Skullduggery wrote:
In post 59, Prof Fridays wrote:Seems like Skullduggery is trying too hard: asks a lot of questions; not much else from him

First
of all, you
do
realize that the game days here are only a little over a week apiece, right? We don't have a whole lot of time to work with, so you'll have to excuse me if it looks like I'm "trying too hard" or whatever nonsense you're spewing. I want to use my time wisely.

Secondly
, this is how I play. Ask any of the other people here who have played with me in the past. I'm not going to change my style just to appease you.

Thirdly
, saying that I'm asking questions and "not much else" is a load of garbage and you know it. You may not like my methods, but you cannot with a straight face say that I'm not making an honest effort to figure shit out, which is more than can be said for half the player list so far.

Calm your friggen biscuits. I'm not accusing you; I didn't even call you scum. I was expressing my opinion of what I've observed from you thus far.

First
, yes, of course. This is why I'm trying to hit the ground running as well.

Secondly
, I'm not asking you to change your style. You're blowing my one comment way out of proportion, which seems really strangely defensive - or is that your "style" as well?

Thirdly
, I can totally say it's not an honest effort if I want to or believe that to be true. You can't confirm your own honesty; that's absurd. You could easily be feigning all of this. How am I to know?
This is the game.
We don't know who's being honest and who isn't. You act like this is some surprise or "How dare he!" when this is literally how the game works/is played.

Let me declare that I do not necessarily find you scummy at this point.
I need to take a good step back before I can properly assess with less antagonism.

THE LAB 4 is live!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:09 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 62, Prof Fridays wrote:
You're scum
[image of bus]
Why is this your response when you're not voting for anyone?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:09 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 65, Vi wrote:
In post 62, Prof Fridays wrote:
You're scum
[image of bus]
Why is this your response when you're not voting for anyone?
Alternatively, if this is your response why are you not voting for anyone?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:12 pm

Post by notscience »

You're scum

wait

the fuck

how did I miss this post.

If I'm scum, where's your vote?
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:19 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 38, Vi wrote:
In post 21, Skullduggery wrote:
In post 10, Salamence20 wrote:No. Not a gambit.

I need to do this now becausemy claim is scummy as hell and viscum would love to take a shot
If your claim is scummy, then why is Vi in particular the person that you're worried about?
:D :D :?

(L-8)

Someone who has experience with Viscum know if Vi is fluffy as scum? I know she is fluffy as town, but idk as scum.

In post 39, Le Cupcake wrote:What about my play thus far do you not like, sala?

Vote: aronis

I retract. I didn't know you were referencing another game with Mala.

Scienceguy wrote:"I'm going to do something to you tonight but not telling you what it is, and you trying to guess what it is will be a bad reaction"

Well, your sarcasm about me using a trollish PR on you reminds me of this. All you are missing is the part where you say I am full of shit. But my reads aren't superior, calm down dude.

Maybe it will make you feel better that I'm not stealing your vote, or anything involving your vote.

Irrelevant: Is that Terra? If so, points to you /irrelevant

NS wrote:This is a completely veiled buddying attempt so you don't target me with whatever that is

I'm a masonizer, of course I am buddying you.

/sarcasm

Konowa wrote:Could you expand on this?

Reinoe: Completely irrelevant posting so far. I'm betting on a fake post restriction. I will get back to this later.

Rack: Blah blah blah random votes aren't truly random blah blah blah guilty to vote because you are mafia blah blah blah.

Marquis: What the fuck was that?

In post 44, notscience wrote:He has to at the very least prove i t

but rathr than wait for today to be done and use it on a null/scum read he's already opted to use it on me

Using it on a read is not my plan as you won't be affected by this until after the lynch. Plus you can't be lynched D1 to confirm my day-ability.

Skull wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you plan to use it on Notscience regardless. If that's the case, what's the point in waiting for "reads"? Whose reads in particular are you waiting for?

In order for me to use this ability, I have to say a certain phrase. This phrase, had I used it right away, would give scum the ability to quicklynch me because my character is a bad person. I want reads because I don't want to be today's lynch because it won't help town.
I should be taken out via vig or before lylo. I won't mind.

Skull wrote:
What didn't you like about Marquis's first post? I see gibberish and nothing else.

Exactly. That's why I don't like it.

Skull wrote:You said you were worried about Scum-Vi specifically, though. What difference would it make for Scum-Vi to know whether you're pulling a gambit or not? Wouldn't Town-Salamence be worried about her reaction regardless?

Eh maybe. I feel like both alignments would be different. Vi is a light and everyone else is flies. If she was to vote me because she doesn't like my claim or think its scum, a lot of people would follow.

...Eh, I'm tired, and I don't know why but I feel like I didn't answer that question fully. Apologies if this is not what you are looking for. I may come back to this tomorrow.

Hmmm, I kinda don't.

Friday wrote:Not interested in lynching Nati.

Your vote was RVS, ya?

Skull wrote:Post restrictions are bastard, and this was not advertised as a bastard game.

Wrong. Not bastard. Phineas and Ferb Mafia, Cupcake mafia, and 90s cartoon mafia had post restrictions, not bastard games.

@Vi, NS, and Friday

You all are bringing up points that involve people calling people scum and not voting. So how do you all feel about Aronis? (Vi is voting him, Friday isn't because loltown, and NS isn't because I'm going to steal his vote).
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:22 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 58, Prof Fridays wrote:Also, Aronis is town. His behavior seems very much in line with what I've experienced of town-Aronis.

My dilemma?

Mirhawk did the same thing (not vote but call someone scummy) in Epicmafiatime. This is why I feel town on aronis.

BUT I don't like this because he never answered the question of if this "hate" was personal or in-game.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:24 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

REINOE

If you have some post restriction, post a picture/movie of Disney's alice in wonderland.

If you have a post restriction, I think I can target you and cure you.

If not, you get my vote.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 59, Prof Fridays wrote:UNVOTE:

Not interested in lynching Nati. Seems like Skullduggery is trying too hard: asks a lot of questions; not much else from him. Konowa's vote on Aronis was bad. I sympathize with hiplop. That's all I got for now.

Last I checked Skullduggery only had town meta (this was OC Remix, and a while ago).

In post 68, Salamence20 wrote:Well, your sarcasm about me using a trollish PR on you reminds me of this. All you are missing is the part where you say I am full of shit. But my reads aren't superior, calm down dude.

Maybe it will make you feel better that I'm not stealing your vote, or anything involving your vote.

Are you going to make me hated

And yes it is Terra, it's from the first episode she was in because this is the best picture because I love her butterfly

In post 68, Salamence20 wrote:I'm a masonizer, of course I am buddying you.

/sarcasm

No that post was

not your post

In post 68, Salamence20 wrote:Using it on a read is not my plan as you won't be affected by this until after the lynch. Plus you can't be lynched D1 to confirm my day-ability.

Is it multipart?

In post 68, Salamence20 wrote:Hmmm, I kinda don't.

CHECK IT AGAIN

In post 68, Salamence20 wrote:@Vi, NS, and Friday

You all are bringing up points that involve people calling people scum and not voting. So how do you all feel about Aronis? (Vi is voting him, Friday isn't because loltown, and NS isn't because I'm going to steal his vote).

I don't even remember what he's posted, I'll look back and let you know

pedit-

ho fuck

you give/take post restrictions, don't you

Hell yeah

give me one
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Post by Titus »

I agree.

Not feeling so hot on Mala but nit convinced sge's scum. Either. Lean scum bc no vote on you and gut pinging RVS on me (the last is weak).
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:07 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Dunno why, but this reminded me of this.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:46 pm

Post by 4burner »

Hey all.

Sala is interesting with that opening. I'm inclined to see where it goes. Mason, unknown ability, and more point me toward leaning town, there. Too bold on day one for scum-ruse, my gut says.

NS, Friday, Nata - all leaning town for me.

Aronis and Reinoe are standing out, for points already made. Aronis for flinging woo without putting a vote up with it, Reinoe for weirdness. In addition, if Sala's ability is somehow linked to a post restriction, I'd wager that nobody would START the game with one in place.

Unless Sala, you have something that might contradict that?

Everyone else is pretty much not on my radar at the moment. Still getting a feel for names and whatnot. VI hasn't been overly scummy from what I can tell?

VOTE: ARONIS

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”