Micro 376: Chosen Mafia - Game Over = Perfect Town Win

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:56 am

Post by Guilty Gunsmith »

In post 199, T S O wrote:what are your thoughts on bbt? do you think it was a chainsaw defence? a white knight? something else?

I have no idea what you're talking about. Chainsaw of who on who? White knight on who from who? I swear I've read the thread. I just don't remember seeing anything like these things.

I am currently working on collecting town reads. AP is doing the waffling. It is a good system. :mrgreen: Any scum reads I currently have are peripheral. At the moment, BBT is one of them, yes (though not for those reasons...).

So far, I have town as {swifty, TSO, ZZZX}

ETL
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:08 am

Post by T S O »

I was calling Josh scum.

BBT came in and attacked me for voting Josh.

It begins at post #142.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:18 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Votecount 1.8:

Josh_B - [2] - Guilty Gunsmith, T S O
T S O - [1] - ZZZX
ZZZX - [1] - Corrino

Not voting - [5] - awestfie, Flubbernugget, Josh_B, Heartless, BlueBloodedToffee

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-08-25 14:39:13)
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:34 am

In post 201, T S O wrote:I was calling Josh scum.

BBT came in and attacked me for voting Josh.

It begins at .

It
sounds
like a chainsaw to me, but I'd really rather not make those kind of associative judgements until one of them flip. I have BBT scummy independently of anyone else. AP has Josh B as scum and I don't know why, but I trust him. JB is certainly not a town read of mine, so that vote is ok with me for now.

I added post tags to your quote so I can click it cuz I'm that lazy :giggle:

ETL
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:35 am

jeebus wicked i don't think the deadline text is large enough

ETL
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:38 am

Post by T S O »

Why are you independently scumreading BBT?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:49 am

Mk.. some selective examination from that post # :

In post 142, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:So because someone says 'Hey, scum is x,y or z' you feel the need to vote one of those three choices? You can't make your mind up for yourself? You don't think scum exists outside of those three people?

So, AP said, "here's who we think are scum", TSO goes, "Yeah I could see JB, but not the other two. Can you explain?" and follows with a vote. BBT comes in and criticizes TSO for being a sheep. In this particular case, it is a good point, and something I did notice, but my overwhelming townread on the slot (TSO) currently overpowers that singular item. Will file away for further analysis later if necessary. Looking at this post in that light doesn't really make this seem like a chainsaw, but I suppose it could be a response to the specific vote and not the act of sheeping.

AP then explains the other two, as requested, and TSO responds to BBT's request to discuss why TSO/Flubber is not a viable partnership. First of all, why would you ask someone you think is scum to explain why they aren't partners with someone? It's not a stupid question, but it's directed at the wrong person. TSO's response could easily be interpreted as scummy, since it inherently comes off as defensive and distance-y but being that it was prompted by BBT, I'm inclined to disregard the answer entirely.

I also like his response to her second point about "voting x/y/z", though not as much as the other stuff he's posted.

So that is the extent of the interaction, as I see it. I come away from this with less of a townread on TSO to be honest, and more affinity for 142, which I initially didn't like on gut.

Does that answer your question, TSO?

ETL
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:51 am

In post 205, T S O wrote:Why are you independently scumreading BBT?

Gut.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:53 am

Post by T S O »

well, yeah, I guess we just view the posts completely differently so.

what part of my TSO-Flubber explanation did you have a problem with again?

I looked at it again - I still don't see what you say you see.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:56 am

Post by T S O »

fwiw I don't agree with you saying I was sheeping you; to be blunt, I'm not even townreading you, so I fail to see why I'd sheep anyone who I don't think is heavily town - but I can see how it comes off that I was.
-Marquis
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:58 am

In post 208, T S O wrote:well, yeah, I guess we just view the posts completely differently so.

what part of my TSO-Flubber explanation did you have a problem with again?

I looked at it again - I still don't see what you say you see.

I explained why it was a bad explanation. Any explanation from one person about why they are themselves NOT partners with some other person is going to be bad, no matter what is said. It's a self defense, and it was
prompted by BBT's question
. It's one of those loaded questions that have no right answer and just make anyone sound scummy. The point is that the response is null because of this. Whether BBT intended it that way or not is another question that cannot be answered by just looking at that single post. Her motivation should be determinable via the whole of her posts. I'm working on it.

ETL

p-edit: lolk. You asked for my opinion on what happened. That's what I see.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:01 am

Post by T S O »

In post 210, Guilty Gunsmith wrote: The point is that the response is null because of this.

Except that wasn't what you actually said, ETL.

In post 206, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:
TSO's response could easily be interpreted as scummy,
since it inherently comes off as defensive and distance-y
but being that it was prompted by BBT, I'm inclined to disregard the answer entirely.
-Marquis
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:03 am

TSO - I don't think you understand what I'm saying. It LOOKS scummy, but it ISN'T ACTUALLY.
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:04 am

That's a really good section for you to quote - please read it again carefully and try to understand the meaning of the specific words that I used to describe the response itself.

ETL
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:06 am

If you still don't understand, please ask someone else, someone you think you actually can trust and have a townread on, to interpret it for you. My answer to you has remained consistent; you are just not following my point.

ETL
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:07 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Whoa, what is going on here? Since when was I defending JB? Please note the quotes below (in particular the bolded sections);

Spoiler: What BBT actually said
In post 142, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
So because someone says 'Hey, scum is
x,y or z
' you feel the need to vote
one of those three choices
? You can't make your mind up for yourself? You don't think scum exists
outside of those three people?

In post 150, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
If you're scum-reading me, why are you happy to go with what seems to be
other people's choices
of a lynch as opposed to your own? You should try to think independently, otherwise, you look like scum. You're welcome.

In post 160, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
a) vote within those three choices

Note the use of plurals. This would imply that had TSO voted for JB, ZZZX or FN I would have asked the same question. I thought my stance on the situation and the direction my questioning was coming from was fairly obvious, my bad, it clearly wasn't.

I mean, at first I thought this was some sort of reaction test you were trying but I'm beginning to think you're purposefully trying to misrepresent my posts.

You still didn't answer this either.

In post 160, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Also, I'm not satisfied.

Why exactly did you feel the need to;

b) vote there and then

You're grasping here and you're misrepresenting me pretty badly.

VOTE: TSO
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:09 am

Post by T S O »

Because you're asking a retarded question which I already answered perhaps.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:10 am

Post by T S O »

It's like you have this problem where you physically cannot understand very simple logic.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:12 am

Post by T S O »

In post 212, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:TSO - I don't think you understand what I'm saying. It LOOKS scummy, but it ISN'T ACTUALLY.

Instead of insulting my reading ability, please try improving yours. I'll use the Socratic method to do this.

Why did you feel it looked scummy?
-Marquis
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:17 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 218, T S O wrote:
In post 212, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:TSO - I don't think you understand what I'm saying. It LOOKS scummy, but it ISN'T ACTUALLY.

Instead of insulting my reading ability, please try improving yours. I'll use the Socratic method to do this.

Why did you feel it looked scummy?

Holycrap TSO, are you serious?

If you don't want me to imply that you aren't reading, don't ask me questions I've already answered.....

In post 206, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:could easily be interpreted as scummy, since it inherently comes off as defensive and distance-y

Since can be substituted with "because", if it makes it simpler for you to read.

ETL
Art is cool.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:18 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

ETL Im talking to you in sitechat.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:32 am

Post by T S O »

In post 215, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Whoa, what is going on here? Since when was I defending JB?

Since you came in and attacked me straight after I had began to attack him.

Clearly, if you felt JB was a good vote, you would not have done this.
You don't have an opinion on JB, or on anyone, but you're still trying to tell me it was a bad vote.
That's absolutely disgusting logic.

In post 215, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Spoiler: What BBT actually said
In post 142, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
So because someone says 'Hey, scum is
x,y or z
' you feel the need to vote
one of those three choices
? You can't make your mind up for yourself? You don't think scum exists
outside of those three people?

In post 150, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
If you're scum-reading me, why are you happy to go with what seems to be
other people's choices
of a lynch as opposed to your own? You should try to think independently, otherwise, you look like scum. You're welcome.

In post 160, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:

It's very cute that you're able to use bolded text, but next time, try using it on something relevant.

(note: I do not consider bullshit rhetoric and you bolding misleading phrases to be relevant)

In post 215, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Note the use of plurals. This would imply that had TSO voted for JB, ZZZX or FN I would have asked the same question. I thought my stance on the situation and the direction my questioning was coming from was fairly obvious, my bad, it clearly wasn't.

Yeah, I'm not going to let you pull this either.

There is no proof that you would have done this, other than your word. It's literally unprovable. Let's go on hard facts here. The hard fact in this case is that you had a problem with me voting Josh. You dressed it up as having a problem with me voting, but your real problem was with me voting Josh. So don't try to pretend you were being openhanded - no you weren't.

In post 215, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I mean, at first I thought this was some sort of reaction test you were trying but I'm beginning to think you're purposefully trying to misrepresent my posts.

How the fuck could you think this was a reaction test?

In post 160, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Also, I'm not satisfied.

Why exactly did you feel the need to;

b) vote there and then

This is why, in my opinion, you either can't read or haven't done so yet. I explained this to you before but you managed to miss it. Let's try again.

I did not "feel the need to vote within those three choices." I already had a scumread on Josh. This is documented. This was not a "best of bad choices" pick. This was me, at the time, picking my #1 scumread, and voting him. I was not voting within a group of choices.
I was voting a scumread.
Do you understand this complicated statement?
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:34 am

Post by T S O »

In post 219, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
Holycrap TSO, are you serious?

If you don't want me to imply that you aren't reading, don't ask me questions I've already answered.

No, really, I am. You feel you're right - I feel I'm right. This method will prove one of us right. I'd prefer to settle this. Maybe it's me.
-Marquis
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:36 am

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 191, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:I hope you boys didn't draw scum. Cause that would suck for you. ; )

You wish. :lol:
But nope. And I didn't think I would when I skimmed the game, but I couldn't pass up the playerlist. Like, half my ideal micro is in three slots.

There's no way in hell my slot was vetoed though, which probably wouldn't have happened if I started in the game.

@TSO- I'm loving your confidence in this game. This is not scumTSO from faith, and it's not lazyTSO from flitter. This is TSO as he's meant to be :D

(am I allowed to call you 'kiddo' now that you know it's not a pejorative or attack on your credibility? It really is a term of endearment from me, but I won't use it if you don't like it)

@all- I'll read up for reals this afternoon.

I have a mild townread on TSO and TTH, just from the skim.

-sthar8
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:37 am

Post by T S O »

of course you can! flitter was just a time where my irl life was very very messed up and I vented my anger where I could; online.
-Marquis

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”