Micro 376: Chosen Mafia - Game Over = Perfect Town Win

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:51 am

Post by T S O »

oh please, you're calling me scum for no reason, it's not a policy lynch.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:54 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 272, T S O wrote:Which is completely true, ETL, so don't attempt to say I insulted him. He can't read me. At all.

I don't care. You made a sweeping evaluation of his skill. I have more faith in his skill than yours right now, so stop it. I'm serious.
Art is cool.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:55 am

Post by T S O »

I didn't make a sweeping evaluation of his skill, I made a sweeping evaluation of his skill in relation to me. It clearly fucking says it.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:56 am

Post by T S O »

ehh
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:57 am

Post by T S O »

shit
-Marquis
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:58 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 264, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:My god, TSO needs to be lynched post-haste. Whenever you guys come around to it, we can get this scumlynch kicked off.

GGO turned me to a null read or idk and TSO became one of his scum reads? what a quick change.
I want both of thier heads on a wall. I hear a bus gone wrong.

I smell it in my bones.
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:01 am

Post by T S O »

right so I highly doubt anyone's actually going to believe this, least of all AP.

but in my anger at typing the post I meant to say "AP is fucking terrible at reading me" and I posted "AP is fucking terrible" instead.

This was not what was meant, and I thought that AP and ETL were completely overreacting, but I realise why now.

I appreciate no-one will believe this, because I know I wouldn't, but I would admit if I actually meant what I said - and for once, I didn't.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:02 am

Post by T S O »

In post 280, ZZZX wrote:
In post 264, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:My god, TSO needs to be lynched post-haste. Whenever you guys come around to it, we can get this scumlynch kicked off.

GGO turned me to a null read or idk and TSO became one of his scum reads? what a quick change.

I smell it in my bones.

this is not a bus. no. bad. wrong. no bus.
-Marquis
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:05 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Spoiler: Votecount 1.9
Votecount 1.9:

Josh_B - [2] - Guilty Gunsmith, T S O
T S O - [2] - ZZZX, BlueBloodedToffee
ZZZX - [1] - Corrino

Not voting - [4] - awestfie, Flubbernugget, Josh_B, Heartless

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-08-25 14:39:13)

Spoiler: Votecount 1.10
Votecount 1.10:

ZZZX - [1] - Corrino

Votecount 1.11:

ZZZX - [1] - Corrino

Last edited by Wickedestjr on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:21 am

Post by Josh_B »

GG. I really, really~ don't know how you jumped from 206 to 249.

What's going to happen if TSO flips chosen townie? And how the hell are you going to know?

VOTE: GG
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:28 am

Post by Heartless »

I had a talk with Antihero last night and it was very edifying. He said that his scumhunting strategy hinged on the setup. In this case, scum have to push lynches on certain people they know at the beginning so he was looking for anybody who seemed to be too aggressive too early for bad reasons. With this mindset, I can now very much see what Anti disliked about Flubbernugget.

In post 182, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:In order to get a handle on your slot, I need to interact with Anti because I can read him very well. If he doesn't interact with me, I have a harder time reading him. He didn't even acknowledge me, even though I was right there, posting at the same time. That's very disappointing.

In any case, I am an open book. So ask whatever you need to.

You can flirt with Anti later. He'll be on in a bit.

In post 184, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 179, Heartless wrote:
Personally, I somewhat dislike BlueBloodedToffee's random unvote in Post 153 (link) and his reactions to TSO's questioning seem very nervous.

Not so random when you see the votecount right above my unvote.

I looked at it and I don't see what you apparently want me to see. What is it?

-TTH
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:37 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 245, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 243, Lying Cat wrote:
Josh was your second vote of the game, and looking at VCs you were on the wagon at it's largest point. Are you saying that was a second random vote? Why did you leave it on so long?

It was intended as something to try and get the game going. The quick-lynch comment was tongue-in-cheek.

I completely forgot I had voted for him. Hence the unvote after VC from Mod.

That's not what you told me before. Why is the story changing now?

-TTH
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:58 am

Post by Guilty Gunsmith »

In post 284, Josh_B wrote:GG. I really, really~ don't know how you jumped from 206 to 249.

What's going to happen if TSO flips chosen townie? And how the hell are you going to know?

VOTE: GG

Its not really that hard to figure out. EtL made 206 and I made 249. If you want to argue that hydra dissonance is scummy, be my guest, but you don't seem to be doing that. I'm not sure how you missed and/or didn't consider that these opinions are coming from 2 different people and are not likely to be 100% in line.

If TSO flips chosen townie, I will continue to be glad that a toxic player is out of the game. Im going to know because Chosen townies flip as chosen townies :igmeou: .
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:01 am

Post by Guilty Gunsmith »

In post 285, Heartless wrote:I had a talk with Antihero last night and it was very edifying. He said that his scumhunting strategy hinged on the setup. In this case, scum have to push lynches on certain people they know at the beginning so he was looking for anybody who seemed to be too aggressive too early for bad reasons. With this mindset, I can now very much see what Anti disliked about Flubbernugget.

I would actually be inclined to think the opposite - scum don't want to get caught shoving lynches on Chosen Townies and are probably more likely to avoid doing that unless somebody else kicks up the pressure first. Of course, this quickly becomes WIFOMy so I wouldn't really read much into hunting via setup spec regardless.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:29 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 287, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:Its not really that hard to figure out. EtL made 206 and I made 249. If you want to argue that hydra dissonance is scummy, be my guest, but you don't seem to be doing that. I'm not sure how you missed and/or didn't consider that these opinions are coming from 2 different people and are not likely to be 100% in line.

Hence the reason, in my last post that you half responded to, I said get your shit together. Being the case that you only half responded. I felt the need to point out specifically where I was having trouble with your group play.

If TSO flips chosen townie, I will continue to be glad that a toxic player is out of the game. Im going to know because Chosen townies flip as chosen townies .[/quote]

I reread the setup. OK. But, I see that you pinged other player's scumdar with your posts too. I also want to go back and consider A-WEST. Nearly everyone admits that a hydra is the most likely to get veto'd. But for her to say...
In post 51, awestfie wrote:It's not something that "works," it's something that's just nice to keep in mind. Having a pool of people who are most likely to be veto'ed makes it so that those people are marginally safer to lynch rather than someone who would most likely not be veto'ed.

..to encourage everyone to vote a safe lynch, can possibly mean that one of the hydras could be chosen. As far as toxic players go, I'd like to see a-west nixed. What do you think about that?
awestfie
awestfie
Mafia Scum
awestfie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:37 am

Post by awestfie »

Alright, I've come to a strong conclusion: I can't read hydras. I was hoping there would be more content from when I last posted until now and when I saw the page count, I was quite happy but; most of it was just TSO posting over and over.

I initially thought TSO's frustration was a genuine town frustration; despite it being incredibly immature and out-right rude. Problem with it is, if you read the before it; it almost feels like the frustration came out of absolutely no where; almost as if, it was forced.

In post 280, ZZZX wrote:

I smell it in my bones.

What makes you think that scum would even attempt to bus here? It seems incredibly silly to do, considering it's only two scum.

P-Edit:

In post 289, Josh_B wrote:
In post 51, awestfie wrote:It's not something that "works," it's something that's just nice to keep in mind. Having a pool of people who are most likely to be veto'ed makes it so that those people are marginally safer to lynch rather than someone who would most likely not be veto'ed.

..to encourage everyone to vote a safe lynch, can possibly mean that one of the hydras could be chosen. As far as toxic players go, I'd like to see a-west nixed. What do you think about that?

Yeah, you didn't read my posts; that's cool. I, even said, even if they are safer lynches doesn't mean we're just gonna go out of our way to lynch them; I said if we end up in situation where we think two people are scum and one is most likely to be veto'ed and one isn't; then we should lynch the one who's most likely to be veto'ed, that's all. If you honestly think this is a scum-tell, then why don't you think what ZZZX did is one too? He pretty much did the same thing as I, except that he asked everyone to out who they would've veto'ed.

I don't even know why I'm still explaining something like this when I've done it two or three times already. You've made no effort to read my later posts about this and I don't know why I'm even making any effort responding to this.
awestfie
awestfie
Mafia Scum
awestfie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:44 am

Post by awestfie »

Also, the fact that you're saying I encouraged people to vote someone when I haven't even voted anyone this game is drivel.

Actually, you had 9 posts after I posted what you just quoted and you only felt the need to address it now, why is that?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:44 am

Post by Jingle »

ETL, we would like to know why you are gaslighting TSO.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:48 am

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 292, Jingle wrote:ETL, we would like to know why you are gaslighting TSO.

:shifty:
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:49 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 290, awestfie wrote:Yeah, you didn't read my posts; that's cool. I, even said, even if they are safer lynches doesn't mean we're just gonna go out of our way to lynch them; I said if we end up in situation where we think two people are scum and one is most likely to be veto'ed and one isn't; then we should lynch the one who's most likely to be veto'ed, that's all. If you honestly think this is a scum-tell, then why don't you think what ZZZX did is one too? He pretty much did the same thing as I, except that he asked everyone to out who they would've veto'ed.

I don't even know why I'm still explaining something like this when I've done it two or three times already. You've made no effort to read my later posts about this and I don't know why I'm even making any effort responding to this.

It can't be changed that you suggested it. I don't care how hard you try to explain it away. It's true ZZZX also asked for other players to say who they would veto. But he never made the suggestion to lynch from that poole, and he also gave his list first. Scum on the other hand would be more likely to wait for a consensus before actually saying who they would veto, and probably not give much detail about why. Do you see any players that have done that?
awestfie
awestfie
Mafia Scum
awestfie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:54 am

Post by awestfie »

Going back to "consider" me seems odd. You saw my initial response to your question, posted nine times and after all of that; you randomly come to the conclusion that you didn't like my the same post that you thought made "no sense"? Because, you said in post that what I had said made no sense, right? Then, why do you point it out here, again; when I've already addressed this in post and . You already saw what I had to say about it, you didn't say anything about any of my answers, which would make it look like you didn't have a problem with the answers I gave because; if you did have a problem with them then surely you would've addressed them sooner. You don't just ask a question and then don't read the answers.

I don't understand why you would randomly go back to it now when you didn't question it immediately and moved on to the other things.

P-Edit:

In post 294, Josh_B wrote:
In post 290, awestfie wrote:Yeah, you didn't read my posts; that's cool. I, even said, even if they are safer lynches doesn't mean we're just gonna go out of our way to lynch them; I said if we end up in situation where we think two people are scum and one is most likely to be veto'ed and one isn't; then we should lynch the one who's most likely to be veto'ed, that's all. If you honestly think this is a scum-tell, then why don't you think what ZZZX did is one too? He pretty much did the same thing as I, except that he asked everyone to out who they would've veto'ed.

It can't be changed that you suggested it. I don't care how hard you try to explain it away. It's true ZZZX also asked for other players to say who they would veto. But he never made the suggestion to lynch from that poole, and he also gave his list first. Scum on the other hand would be more likely to wait for a consensus before actually saying who they would veto, and probably not give much detail about why. Do you see any players that have done that?

Yeah, you're a waste of time. You're trying to get reads based on someone asking to do something related to mechanics; I thought making a pool of players that were most-likely-to-be-veto'ed to be optimal; having a pool of safer lynches is something I thought would help, that's all. Get over it. Your read is bad.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:55 am

Post by T S O »

In post 290, awestfie wrote:I initially thought TSO's frustration was a genuine town frustration; despite it being incredibly immature and out-right rude. Problem with it is, if you read the before it; it almost feels like the frustration came out of absolutely no where; almost as if, it was forced.

But, if you made a huge effort to go back about 2 posts, you would see me becoming progressively angrier.

Wow, that was pretty difficult!
-Marquis
awestfie
awestfie
Mafia Scum
awestfie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:57 am

Post by awestfie »

Nah, those posts were nothing compared to the frustration is , that's why I ignored them. You're getting mad over someone who's potentially misreading you which is incredibly silly. Stop being a dick.
awestfie
awestfie
Mafia Scum
awestfie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:58 am

Post by awestfie »

"Haha, guys. I didn't mean to say GG was fucking terrible.. I only meant that they were fucking terrible at reading me! That makes it much better, right?" Seriously, you're almost making me want to replace out, you're just out-right annoying.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:00 am

Post by T S O »

In post 297, awestfie wrote:Nah, those posts were nothing compared to the frustration is , that's why I ignored them. You're getting mad over someone who's potentially misreading you which is incredibly silly. Stop being a dick.

What?

You said my anger was faked because it didn't have any run-up, I showed the run-up, and you replied with nonsense?
-Marquis

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”