Micro 376: Chosen Mafia - Game Over = Perfect Town Win

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:58 am

Post by Heartless »

i can see how he probably thinks BBT is scum (reading between the lines of the questioning) and with this tinting, he thinks TSO is town

that's going to color his read on you

Votecount 1.15:

Josh_B - [2] - Guilty Gunsmith, T S O
T S O - [2] - ZZZX, BlueBloodedToffee
ZZZX - [1] - Lying Cat

Not voting - [4] - awestfie, Flubbernugget, Heartless, Josh_B

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-08-25 14:39:13)
Last edited by Wickedestjr on Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:04 am

Post by Guilty Gunsmith »

TBH, there is no good reason to be townreading ZZZX right now. I'd ask you guys why you are townreading ZZZX but that would just generate bad reasons for townreading him.

~AP
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:06 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 376, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:TBH, there is no good reason to be townreading ZZZX right now. I'd ask you guys why you are townreading ZZZX but that would just generate bad reasons for townreading him.

~AP

well, i'm doing it and it feels good.
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:07 am

Ya well Im eating Korean BBQ spicy pork and it feels good.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:07 am

Post by Heartless »

AP what are you thinking re: lying cat?
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:08 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 378, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:Ya well Im eating Korean BBQ spicy pork and it feels good.

cute
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:10 am

I think they are town. Although I can tell I'm at the stage where I'm about to devolve into full paranoia mode so stay tuned.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:10 am

Post by Heartless »

/sigh, it would be lot better if reading josh's iso didn't feel like washing my hair in a toilet bowl
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:12 am

content:ISO::needle:haystack
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:13 am

Post by Heartless »

whatever, my analogy sounded better in my head

before i actually said it

STOP JUDGING ME
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:16 am

I was agreeing with you?

Anyhow, ISOing Lying Cat made me realize my townread on them was probably stronger than it should have been, but I'll try to get back to you with an actual opinion at some point.

I feel more confident BBT is town the more I read his posts.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:43 am

Post by Heartless »

alright............

so TTH

vote TSO, flubbernugget or josh

good things will follow
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:57 am

Post by sthar8 »

In post 373, Heartless wrote:i think sthar is just getting snowed

ARE YOU A WITCH? ITS RAINING HERE SO HARD THAT MY ROOF IS NOT KEEPING THE WATER OUT AND I JUST SPENT AN HOUR CHASING LEAKS AROUND THE STORE WITH BUCKETS
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:02 am

UNVOTE: Joshie Boy
VOTE: TSO

We agreed to vote TSO then I think we engaged in a game of chicken to see who would actually find motivation to log over to this account first.

Anyhow, A+ wagon, would vote again. Much lynch, very scum. Join us TTH, we have smores and a cozy campfire.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:03 am

Post by T S O »

you've got no logic and a grudge.

ftfy
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:04 am

Post by Lying Cat »

Hey so the fucking rain stopped and I'm gonna catch up right now.
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:06 am

In post 390, Lying Cat wrote:Hey so the fucking rain stopped and I'm gonna catch up right now.

Bus TSO please.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:09 am

Post by T S O »

why am I scum

I've asked this about 10 times
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:23 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Okay I'm gonna run a little far back into the thread but let's see what I see.

In post 221, T S O wrote:

Yeah, I'm not going to let you pull this either.

There is no proof that you would have done this, other than your word. It's literally unprovable. Let's go on hard facts here. The hard fact in this case is that you had a problem with me voting Josh. You dressed it up as having a problem with me voting, but your real problem was with me voting Josh. So don't try to pretend you were being openhanded - no you weren't.

This is a weak attack. You have no more proof of your intentions than he has of yours.

In post 253, T S O wrote:

why exactly would I argue over nonsense as scum and not town?

This reminds me of my first game here, where someone tried to argue that loaded questions were only good for town.

Maybe this is worded wrong? But please tell me. Why would town want to argue over nonsense?

----------------------------------------------------

We then see a back and forth. Here's my personal
shit just got real
demarcation point.

In post 264, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:My god, TSO needs to be lynched post-haste. Whenever you guys come around to it, we can get this scumlynch kicked off.

So yes. I'm going to put the blame on GG (AP???) for this one. What was the point in making such a crass statement?

That also brings me to Awest. From my point of view, TSO reacted understandably (not appropriately) to the implied insult I am seeing in GG's post. I have no idea why you are scum reading TSO here. Maybe I need to reread what you said, but I want my thoughts out now while I have the chance.

In post 273, Josh_B wrote:
In post 249, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:Townies: GG, Lying Cat, AntiHeart, Swifty
Scummies: TSO, Josh
Meh: ZZZX, Flubber, BBT.

This is awful. TSO is the only one with you who is still on my wagon. Get your shit together Hydra, while I go back and show your last reads list. And remind you that you initially wanted to policy lynch TSO.
What happened that turned Zzzx and Flubber and BBT to Meh?

Next one to act like that policy lynch wasn't a joke gets fed to my avatar.

And I have no idea what you're trying to read from your wagon.

In post 280, ZZZX wrote:
In post 264, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:My god, TSO needs to be lynched post-haste. Whenever you guys come around to it, we can get this scumlynch kicked off.

GGO turned me to a null read or idk and TSO became one of his scum reads? what a quick change.
I want both of thier heads on a wall. I hear a bus gone wrong.

I smell it in my bones.

Where and how do you see a bus going wrong?

In post 293, Lying Cat wrote:
In post 292, Jingle wrote:ETL, we would like to know why you are gaslighting TSO.

:shifty:

I don't have a read on this, but this is an insult to anyone that's actually actually been gaslighted. Do you realize gaslighting is a form of psychological
abuse?

In post 301, awestfie wrote:
From 93 to when you last pointed it out (), there is a nine post gap from you, yeah. Go ahead and count, if you want. You don't just "hope things work out," if you've a problem with something you point it out; you don't just let it sit there for you to go back to it later.

Could you explain to me how much transparency is pro-town? Maybe he was waiting to see how you acted on what you said? I'm going to examine Josh a little more in an ISO to see how viable this is, but in my little experience here I find myself wanting to lean more towards hiding info than speaking up to have yourself town read.

But who do I scum read? Right now, my biggest scum read is still Josh. Even when I'm defending him, I can't do so in confidence. A-west is leaning town for her intentions, but if I keep seeing weak arguments that's gonna change. Big fat null for GG and TSO. Although I have an eye on TSO. Also not digging some of his arguments. My big issue with these two is that I don't think I can read emotions very well. Definitely doesn't help that a hydra was in play.

This leads me to realize I have no reads in my notes on BBT, Heartless, or Lying Cat. I probably won't have much on cat, but I can go back and fix that for the other two.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:26 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 321, Lying Cat wrote:ETL, why are you ignoring us? We're here and willing to flirt. Just tell us why you're gaslighting our hylian friend.

What the fuck do you think gaslighting is and where the fuck do you see it happening.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:33 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 388, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:

Anyhow, A+ wagon, would vote again. Much lynch, very scum. Join us TTH, we have smores and a cozy campfire.

Why are you doing this AGAIN.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:37 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Okay all I've seen BBT do is push that loaded question on TSO. Like really hard. I don't like it, but it feels like he's due for a catchup post like I just put out. Let's see what happens.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:42 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

So what I see from Heartless is that they were the only people that really tried to grill GG on anything (TSO doesn't count, and that was more defense than anything) and all they got was a town read off of GG. My gut says that's a mutual town read, but I have to think that one through. I also want to see how they read my catchup post.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 323, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:
I dont know what this means... I'm not intentionally doing anything to anyone..

Also.. Hylian? You're talking about TSO? I'm surprised you're unable to see what he was doing there and you are actually coming to his defense .... ?

There are a couple questions about this, so I'm gonna answer all of them at once in spoilers below.

That was totally Jingle btw. I don't think I've referenced a video game in my life.

In post 370, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:Sthar is a very logical, observant person. I would not expect him to completely gloss over what occurred without at least minimal commentary.

I didn't mafia at all yesterday,
and you know that for a fact.
Did you think I was just blowing you off in sitechat? Jingle sat here and watched me work for 10 hours while he fucked around on the site.

In post 378, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:Ya well Im eating Korean BBQ spicy pork and it feels good.

I burned down your house ten minutes ago.

In post 366, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:I don't think Sthar is town.

HEY JINGLE LOOK WHAT I FOUND!

Exactly
the progression I predicted. Like, I might even have had the right post number, though it's hard to tell because they're slipping so much.

In post 393, Flubbernugget wrote:

I don't have a read on this, but this is an insult to anyone that's actually actually been gaslighted. Do you realize gaslighting is a form of psychological
abuse?

No I didn't. I
obviously
routinely use words with
no idea
as to their meaning.

Making assumptions about me without evidence is incredibly rude.

Let's break it down:
1. Lying, emotional manipulation, and aggression can be antisocial behaviors and vectors for abuse. If you have suffered such abuse, you have my sympathy and I'd be happy to lend an ear outside the game.
2. They are also intrinsically necessary to a game of mafia, in which all the players are consenting to being lied to, manipulated, argued with, having their motives questioned, and a lot of other things that could cause trauma in another setting. Indeed, some players who have trouble distinguishing between the play and the player have experienced very high stress due to the environment.
3. Let me tell you a little story: One of the boys I mentor has a scar just above his hairline from where his 'father' struck him and broke his skull when he was four or five years old. He has very serious issues resulting from this, including difficulty trusting adults and a fear of physical contact. Do you know what he does
not
do? He does not go into a boxing gym and tell the competitors that their willingness to punch each other is insulting to him.
4. Gaslighting techniques (lasting only for the duration of the game and therefore by definition
not
being longterm or systematic) are
incredibly effective scumtools
. I know that ETL is aware of this, because I used many of them on her in a game we played. Evidence suggests that there was no lasting trauma, since postgame she congratulated me on the win like a mature individual, moved on from the loss, and has played three or four games with me since.

Attempting to police my words because of their out-of-game connotations when we routinely talk about
lynching and shooting
one another is patently ridiculous.

I have an errand that needs to be run, I'll get to the rest in a bit.
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:28 pm

In post 398, Lying Cat wrote:
In post 323, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:
I dont know what this means... I'm not intentionally doing anything to anyone..

Also.. Hylian? You're talking about TSO? I'm surprised you're unable to see what he was doing there and you are actually coming to his defense .... ?

There are a couple questions about this, so I'm gonna answer all of them at once in spoilers below.

That was totally Jingle btw. I don't think I've referenced a video game in my life.

In post 370, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:Sthar is a very logical, observant person. I would not expect him to completely gloss over what occurred without at least minimal commentary.

I didn't mafia at all yesterday,
and you know that for a fact.
Did you think I was just blowing you off in sitechat? Jingle sat here and watched me work for 10 hours while he fucked around on the site.

I didn't make that connection, sorry. That makes a lot more sense now actually.

I burned down your house ten minutes ago.

In post 366, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:I don't think Sthar is town.

HEY JINGLE LOOK WHAT I FOUND!

Exactly
the progression I predicted. Like, I might even have had the right post number, though it's hard to tell because they're slipping so much.

Hey DerpFace. I thought you were the one that posted that nonsense about TSO, so of course I evaluated it from that POV and found it off. See my comment above. We're not lynching you today anyway. Cool your nuts.

ETL

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”