Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3651 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:29 am

Post by Majiffy »

Oh my role has already been outted?

That takes like 90% of the fun out of it.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3652 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:31 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3651, Majiffy wrote:Oh my role has already been outted?

That takes like 90% of the fun out of it.

Yeah, good thing you are here, you've been on my mind a lot lately.

Thoughts on the Chandra slot and current Chandra wagon...
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3653 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:34 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 3652, PeregrineV wrote:Thoughts on the Chandra slot and current Chandra wagon...

Not sure yet.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3654 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:35 am

Post by Majiffy »

Although if the slot doesn't have a useful PR it'd be worth flipping. Lots of strong lines being taken.

||
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3655 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:14 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3653, Majiffy wrote:
In post 3652, PeregrineV wrote:Thoughts on the Chandra slot and current Chandra wagon...

Not sure yet.

Not sure of alignment or not sure of thoughts?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Trustworthy
Trustworthy
Goon
Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3656 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:07 am

Post by Trustworthy »

In post 322, vezokpiraka wrote:I'm 90% sure what my ability is and it isn't one I need to get by serum votes.

If someone wants to give me serum though I don't mind.

I want to hear more from SKOT.

I'm still trying to figure out why he said that he didn't need serum for his ability and then yesterday or today asked for serum. I remember that he answered. I don't remember if I was satisfied with the answer. I'll figure that out later.
Trustworthy
Trustworthy
Goon
Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3657 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:23 am

Post by Trustworthy »

As much as I want Chandra to be town, I think I'm getting to the point where the game makes sense with him as scum.

It felt better when I thought it then after I typed it though :/
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3658 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:36 am

Post by Majiffy »

Either.

||
pixel
pixel
Goon
pixel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3659 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:42 am

Post by pixel »

What's your plan for getting up to speed?
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/any

Post Post #3660 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:05 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

In post 3657, Trustworthy wrote:As much as I want Chandra to be town, I think I'm getting to the point where the game makes sense with him as scum.

It felt better when I thought it then after I typed it though :/

This is why I'm concerned about how this game will end after today.

It doesn't make sense.
Trustworthy
Trustworthy
Goon
Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3661 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:26 am

Post by Trustworthy »

Well I'm rereading the game right now trying to get some perspective. I'll probably only get through day one but that's mainly what I'm going for. I'll get through whatever I can today as I don't have time for mafia on Sunday usually except sporadically and school starts Monday where I'll start having limited time to play and then I'm going on a mini vacation on Thursday and then both of our heads will be drunk.

That's a lot to say I'm trying to reread right now.

I did have a mini melt down last night where I sent several messages to Nati in which I decided Pixel was scum, no town, no scum, no town and then just declared myself to be a crazy person.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3662 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:48 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

Camping now. Be back Sunday afternoon
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3663 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:50 am

Post by Majiffy »

Oh man you think I plan on catching up. Thats adorable.

||
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3664 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:42 am

Post by massive »

Trustworthy
: I go back and forth too, but because of flavor reasons. Pixel's already claimed to be black in color, and that's the primary Phyrexian color -- and I can't decide if I really think Nati would put two black town roles into the game. And honestly that's part of why I hedge about the mass metal claim. It seems convenient for her to name drop muffin as the source of the idea, but with scum obviously having a way to break metal, I can't see how metal claims help the town more than scum. But I think a lot of my bias is from post-day-one-scum-lose-their-serum and pre-muffin-death, too, and I really have not run the numbers.

And to anyone else: I have mentioned a few times I'm on somewhat limited access and am phone/posting so I don't have huge blocks of free time to fight each and every battle. I'm keeping up to date but if you need something long and counter-antagonistic it might be a ways off. I'd be curious to hear if Chandra really thinks I'm scum or is just fighting the "enemy of my enemy" fight, and I think part of Pander's case is "if he thinks I'm scummy why isn't he voting for me" so let me fix that.

unvote
Vote Pander Bears
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
pixel
pixel
Goon
pixel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3665 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by pixel »

I'm happy to claim my card.
Trustworthy
Trustworthy
Goon
Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3666 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:07 pm

Post by Trustworthy »

I'm not sure that the card colors are alignment indicative though. Titus' is gold just like mine and ABR's was black.

In post 1150, Kagami wrote:Why on earth do you all seem to believe that being synthed is some undesirable thing?

There is very very likely something like the arcbound ravager in this game, otherwise it would take three days to lynch a metal scum, which would be beyond terrible setup design. Letting the ravager eat metal scum is by far the most efficient way to deal with them, and encouraging him to kill town is stupid (which is exactly what would happen if we do what you all seem to think the synth is for).

Metal town are unkillable by one set of scum and exclusively killable by another one. That's not terribly positive utility. If we synthed town for a couple days, then we've caused the ravager to become a vig that can only hit scum. That would be one good use for the synth.

Now I was just suggesting something else which is also a good idea: use the synth as a soft-investigate. I really don't understand why this idea is meeting resistance.

Coming across this post made me wonder about only one nightkill both nights. Obviously Titus didn't kill herself and if there were a serial killer, why no night two kill. I mean I suppose they could have both shot muffin and Titus' team hit metal, maybe muffin, night one?

Anyway is it possible we have two scum teams and they have varied kills? I think that might be a stupid idea as the game would potentially go on too long, but.
Trustworthy
Trustworthy
Goon
Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3667 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by Trustworthy »

In post 1494, massive wrote:The way zMuffinman is campaigning for serum makes me think he just doesn't want synth.

:roll:
Trustworthy
Trustworthy
Goon
Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3668 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:56 pm

Post by Trustworthy »

Ffery - I'm going to really try to get through day one tonight, but I really doubt I'm actually going to reread the entire game. But, day one you seemed very meh on Chandra. You thought that some of his early posts had a smugness you associated with Ceph!scum and thought in tone he had a kind of mouse playing with his prey type feel. I don't think you ever ended up voting him on day one as his wagon grew (if you do I haven't gotten to that point), but today you've said that you don't really see signs of Ceph!scum.

Are you reading him as town? And if so, or not if so, what about his play changed to go from what I'm gathering was a more null read on day one? If there is anything or is he still a null read you don't feel confident in lynching?
Trustworthy
Trustworthy
Goon
Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3669 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:08 pm

Post by Trustworthy »

Oh and Pie - There are two points I want to elaborate on about your chandra case. I don't want to forget this, and probably won't, but I'm now drinking wine again while catching up and have actual work I need to do while reading so I could, but.

Titus defending Chandra as being a reason for why you're scum reading him isn't all that strong. Titus was defending Chandra, not only from you but from everyone, but she was also defending Mastin and Mhork pretty strongly as well. (She also defended me but I wasn't so much getting attacked, and she was creating that connection between us, so with me it's not that strong a comparison.)

And I'm not sure it's fair to look at the day one wagons in the context of Ludi being the scum designated mislynch. The only person who was a major wagon on day one was ABR, and that could have been the scum designated mislynch. Sure, it could have been either. But Titus, the only known scum we have, certainly pushed rather hard to get ABR lynched. Also, and what sparked this super fun reread adventure today was me looking at your vca and looking at the vote counts as they were. The thing is that SKOT, Pander Bears, Ludi, Titus, Chandra and ABR were all pretty relevant wagons the entire day. The Chandra wagon was started by Falcon and then he got cold feet and jumped off and then eventually moved to Ludi (whose wagon I was championing by the way). I'm just getting to the part in my reread where Falcon does get off the Chandra wagon and things start to go elsewhere so maybe I'll have some better insight in a little bit.

~~~

Oh also, I still do believe that scum have fake claims but I think that my thought on that where I said since she called herself BN meant she knew I was a blink moth nexus is weaker than I thought at the time. The Hive is that we know that there is at least on other blink moth out there. She, or her team, could have easily looked that up or if there's someone on her team with magic knowledge it could have easily been discussed.
pixel
pixel
Goon
pixel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3670 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:36 pm

Post by pixel »

In post 3668, Trustworthy wrote:Ffery - I'm going to really try to get through day one tonight, but I really doubt I'm actually going to reread the entire game. But, day one you seemed very meh on Chandra. You thought that some of his early posts had a smugness you associated with Ceph!scum and thought in tone he had a kind of mouse playing with his prey type feel. I don't think you ever ended up voting him on day one as his wagon grew (if you do I haven't gotten to that point), but today you've said that you don't really see signs of Ceph!scum.

Are you reading him as town? And if so, or not if so, what about his play changed to go from what I'm gathering was a more null read on day one? If there is anything or is he still a null read you don't feel confident in lynching?

Tammy my Chandra read is just tangled up. I can't explain it very well because I can't untangle it.

I was strongly townreading the slot until I found out it was Ceph. I liked a lot about his play. Then I did a p much silent flip out when I found out who Chandra is. I was extremely suspicious, but kept questioning myself about the alt-shift and whether that initial strong liking of his play was wrong.

This is basically the third time I've played with a shifting Ceph - The Dixon Hill mini where he played as himself but announced he was trying to meta shift, NY 167 where he was posting under a different account but was pretty obviously Ceph, and this one, where I didn't recognize him, but townread him pretty strongly for a player I didn't think I had experiential meta with.

In all our games together, I've townread the hell out of scum-Ceph once, and that was early tales of you.

This feels more like town-Ceph to me, but I don't trust myself to get the read right.

Chandra wasn't in muffin's scumpile. I'm not sure how much weight I want to put on that.
Trustworthy
Trustworthy
Goon
Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3671 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by Trustworthy »

Yeah, that's how I feel about Chandra too actually.

I just went and looked at NY169 because earlier when DV kinda chided Ceph about town reading me from my post to you early day one, he said that he'd yet to have his first impulse about me hadn't been wrong, I remember that being pretty spot on in Hard Boiled, but not so much in NY 169. But I just went and looked and he didn't like my first post there, just as he didn't like shadower's impression of me here, but town read me when I got frustrated with Maraca there.

I thought Muffin had Chandra as scum though?
Trustworthy
Trustworthy
Goon
Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3672 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:00 pm

Post by Trustworthy »

In post 1600, Chandra Nalaar wrote:
In post 1591, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:his play doesn't seem as *smooth* as in Tales

I think there are pretty distinct differences between actually flustered me and fake flustered me, and most of my emotions tend to be fake when I'm scum. The fact that I'm not scum-with-daychat should at the very least be quite apparent, as having a scum QT to complain in is theraputic for me and probably contributed to this. No idea what Nati tends to do re: daychat though.

This bothers me. Nati has the day chat thing in the rules, and i'm pretty sure it's been mentioned in this game already. (that would require me to actually re re-read for that specifically and engggggg, but I think it's already been mentioned.)
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3673 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:09 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Vote Count 3.7

Spoiler: Lynch
PeregrineV(0)
:
Antihero(0)
:
massive(2)
: Pander Bears, Chandra Nalaar
pixel(0)
:
Kagami(0)
:
Tattletale(0)
:
Magister Ludi(0)
:
Trustworthy(0)
:
Pander Bears(3)
: Tattletale, Lord Mhork, massive
Vezokpiraka(0)
:
sharpest-knife-on-tree(0)
:
pieguyn(0)
:
Chandra Nalaar(4)
: Antihero, pieguyn, vezokpiraka, sharpest-knife-on-tree
F-16_Fighting_Falcon(0)
:
Lord Mhork(0)
:
No Lynch(0):

Not Voting(6)
: PeregrineV, Magister Ludi, Trustworthy, Kagami, pixel, F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Spoiler: Serum
PeregrineV(0):

Antihero(1):
pixel
massive(0):

pixel(0):

Kagami(0):

Tattletale(0):

Magister Ludi(0):

Trustworthy(0):

Pander Bears(0):

Vezokpiraka(0):

sharpest-knife-on-tree(0):

pieguyn(0):

Chandra Nalaar(0):

F-16_Fighting_Falcon(5):
Antihero, pieguyn, vezokpiraka, Pander Bears, Chandra Nalaar
Lord Mhork(0):

No Lynch(0):

Not Voting(9):
PeregrineV, massive, Tattletale, Magister Ludi, Trustworthy, sharpest-knife-on-tree, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Lord Mhork, Kagami

Spoiler: Mycosynth
PeregrineV(0)
:
Antihero(0)
:
massive(0)
:
pixel(0)
:
Kagami(0)
:
Tattletale(0)
:
Magister Ludi(0)
:
Trustworthy(0)
:
Pander Bears(0)
:
sharpest-knife-on-tree(0)
:
pieguyn(0)
:
Chandra Nalaar(0)
:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon(0)
:
Lord Mhork(0)
:
No Lynch(0):

Not Voting(15)
: PeregrineV, Antihero, massive, pixel, Kagami, Tattletale, zMuffinMan, Magister Ludi, Trustworthy, mastin2, Pander Bears, vezokpiraka, sharpest-knife-on-tree, pieguyn, Chandra Nalaar, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Lord Mhork

With fifteen alive, it takes eight to reach majority.

(expired on 2014-08-26 16:00:00)
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3674 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:54 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

and

Titus is lost and not sure who is scum. Seems like a mislynch nudge on either Pander Bears or Sharpest would be more beneficial to scum (if they were mislynches).
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”