Messiah Complex
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:20 pm

Post by Messiah Complex »

In post 1299, Dr Pants wrote:I hate that I'm waffling so much on this, but if neither Anatole or CoolDoG has those titles with their PM's then MC probably is scum.

Gaahhhhh

This line of thinking is dangerous and stupid. Why? That's an excellent question that I'd love to answer. Where in any of my posts did I say that the award information came in my role pm? Nowhere? That's odd. The way you are talking makes it seem like you may have a legit find there. That is of course if you never wiki'd my guy and saw the metals and accolades he racked up during his time in the air, which is exactly what I did and why I included it, because it seemed important to my flavor and role.
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:39 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

yeah but the wiki for your guy is much more extensive, I looked it up and he has 5 highly prestigious awards

I have no idea why you would need to say it, since Shiryu is right, even the VT's have lots of medals on their wiki pages

why would you include a causal statement that wasn't in your role PM? that would be unnecessary if you were actually a doc, since just claiming doc would have been enough. instead now it looks like you fake claimed.
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:41 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

In post 602, Messiah Complex wrote:
I am James McCudden, winner of the Victorian Cross, Allied Doctor.

Like how does this look like anything but a copy of your role PM?
Shiryu
Shiryu
Goon
Shiryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:32 am

Post by Shiryu »

In post 1300, Messiah Complex wrote:
In post 1299, Dr Pants wrote:I hate that I'm waffling so much on this, but if neither Anatole or CoolDoG has those titles with their PM's then MC probably is scum.

Gaahhhhh

This line of thinking is dangerous and stupid. Why? That's an excellent question that I'd love to answer. Where in any of my posts did I say that the award information came in my role pm? Nowhere? That's odd. The way you are talking makes it seem like you may have a legit find there. That is of course if you never wiki'd my guy and saw the metals and accolades he racked up during his time in the air, which is exactly what I did and why I included it, because it seemed important to my flavor and role.

Which is exactly my point. I wouldn't expect that information to be given in your PM, based on my own PM and the way the others have claimed and flipped. Why did you feel it to be important? I'm not saying this is a big scum tell on its own, but I do find it odd that you felt the need to add that bit of information.
I am the eggman, woo!
They are the eggmen, woo!
I am the walrus, goo goo g' joob!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:33 am

Post by farside22 »

This is my thought process that sounds weird.

I feel something is missing in this. Maybe it 's the ideal that nothing is black and white for me.
Shir's comment about a possible gf felt real to me. Sort of like how I feel. There is what we know and what we don't know and frankly I'm very much concerned things are not simple.
I'm almost tempted to ask people to lynch me since I'm curious to know if I'm over thinking the game.

My issue is those confirmed mostly are lying low and those unconfirmed read more town.

Sigh.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:34 am

Post by Marcrell »

Yes... I don't know why he would mention that, unless it was trying to make it sound like he had said his role PM word for word, since you probably wouldn't mention that. I would be willing to lynch him today if others were.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:11 am

Post by Baezu »

I'm still here. Super busy all of the sudden because of another game on top of an already crazy weekend but I'm reading up and will post when I can
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:58 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 1298, Dr Pants wrote:
In post 1297, Shiryu wrote:
And this'll be a really, really minor thing. But I noticed he included his role winning the Victorian Cross in his claim (which James McCudden did win). But then, looking up my guy (Eddie Rickenbacker), I see that he won a few awards too. None of which were included in the information I got for my role.

Originally I'd say this is because he's a PR, but looking over Beli's ISO none of the PR's that have flipped have listed anything like that.

@Anatole, CoolDoG: what titles do your role PM's come with?

Charles Nungesser, an allied one-shot vig.

In post 1302, Dr Pants wrote:
In post 602, Messiah Complex wrote:
I am James McCudden, winner of the Victorian Cross, Allied Doctor.

Like how does this look like anything but a copy of your role PM?

my "title" as no mention of any awards...
In post 1304, farside22 wrote:This is my thought process that sounds weird.

I feel something is missing in this. Maybe it 's the ideal that nothing is black and white for me.
Shir's comment about a possible gf felt real to me. Sort of like how I feel. There is what we know and what we don't know and frankly I'm very much concerned things are not simple.
I'm almost tempted to ask people to lynch me since I'm curious to know if I'm over thinking the game.

My issue is those confirmed mostly are lying low and those unconfirmed read more town.

Sigh.

^this is fair considering the fact that we have a cop. This would make a doctor claim safer.

SO I think the lynch order is shuye then MC.
after a wank.
Shiryu
Shiryu
Goon
Shiryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Shiryu »

Now, another thought I've been having for some time now and which I'd rather say now before I get lynched: I don't believe CooLDoG to be scum. But if we do have a third party (eg a Serial Killer), I believe it would be considerably likely for it to be him. This is again, the paranoid side of me speaking, but I could see him making his first kill on Thor, using that to make himself not look scummy (which has worked), and then not killing for the following nights to back up his claime of one shot Vig. This would put him in a good spot to start killing again when the timing is right (though admitedly, it would make him a more likely NK target since he'd be more or less confirmed "innocent", making this not too likely).

So for now we shouldn't vote him and keep our focus on finding the remaining scum. If we're able to lynch them and the game doesn't end, than yeah, just stay open to this possibility. I bring it up now since I'm pretty sure I'll be dead by that point, asuming it happens.
I am the eggman, woo!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 1308, Shiryu wrote:Now, another thought I've been having for some time now and which I'd rather say now before I get lynched: I don't believe CooLDoG to be scum. But if we do have a third party (eg a Serial Killer), I believe it would be considerably likely for it to be him. This is again, the paranoid side of me speaking, but I could see him making his first kill on Thor, using that to make himself not look scummy (which has worked), and then not killing for the following nights to back up his claime of one shot Vig. This would put him in a good spot to start killing again when the timing is right (though admitedly, it would make him a more likely NK target since he'd be more or less confirmed "innocent", making this not too likely).

So for now we shouldn't vote him and keep our focus on finding the remaining scum. If we're able to lynch them and the game doesn't end, than yeah, just stay open to this possibility. I bring it up now since I'm pretty sure I'll be dead by that point, asuming it happens.

:lol:
Not laughing at your thought more like how my thought was more wondering f there was 2 scum groups vs town.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:11 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

yes, you are correct. If the third scum flips then I would be the logical 3rd party. BUt a 1 shot sk? Why wouldn't I have just claimed vig with no restrictions?
after a wank.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by farside22 »

Pants: what is the message all about from why not?
Does it say town and then where the player is from?
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

It does not.

The message says "An anonymous source has delivered to you an Allied intelligence report confirming that Baezu's allegiance is to
the United Kingdom of Great Britain
"

typically I'd be wary of this, but since Pasche was adamant about the fact that Baezu wasn't confirmed town, I'm going to assume that there are no spys/traitors etc, or that if there were, the mod would color the text red instead of green. Since Why Not is an Amnesiac Cop, and not an Allegiance Cop, I'm assuming the results are as valid as if they were given by a cop.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

No I think your telling the truth I was trying to understand what you and cool were talking about with that back and forth earlier.
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:52 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

ah yeah, that was us making sure that we didnt lie about the message since Why Not was dead
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:11 pm

Post by farside22 »

Do you feel something is off pants?
Shiryu
Shiryu
Goon
Shiryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:14 pm

Post by Shiryu »

See, if I had been in your shoes Pants, I would have asked CD to tell you what the source of the info was (to which I'd expect him to answer "anonymous"). I didn't actually push the issue fruther at the time, but how was him confirming Marcrell's nationality enough to convince you the claim was legit? Your answer at the time was that, lore-wise, the nationality on its own would be enough.

In post 1310, CooLDoG wrote:yes, you are correct. If the third scum flips then I would be the logical 3rd party. BUt a 1 shot sk? Why wouldn't I have just claimed vig with no restrictions?

I think you might have already asked me this before and didn't answer. My reasoning is that by claiming a 1 shot vig, that makes you less of a threat to both town and scum, and now that we're only seing a single night kill, makes your claim much more believable. And I won't argue that it is, that's why we'd obviously only look into this after we've lynched scum.
I am the eggman, woo!
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:21 pm

Post by Marcrell »

In post 1316, Shiryu wrote:See, if I had been in your shoes Pants, I would have asked CD to tell you what the source of the info was (to which I'd expect him to answer "anonymous"). I didn't actually push the issue fruther at the time, but how was him confirming Marcrell's nationality enough to convince you the claim was legit? Your answer at the time was that, lore-wise, the nationality on its own would be enough.

Because 1.) I am from Ireland. and 2.) He probably got a PM with the nationality. So Cooldog should be able to tell it. Which he did.
Shiryu
Shiryu
Goon
Shiryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by Shiryu »

In post 1317, Marcrell wrote:
In post 1316, Shiryu wrote:See, if I had been in your shoes Pants, I would have asked CD to tell you what the source of the info was (to which I'd expect him to answer "anonymous"). I didn't actually push the issue fruther at the time, but how was him confirming Marcrell's nationality enough to convince you the claim was legit? Your answer at the time was that, lore-wise, the nationality on its own would be enough.

Because 1.) I am from Ireland. and 2.) He probably got a PM with the nationality. So Cooldog should be able to tell it. Which he did.

Right, but my point is Pants had no way to know you are from Ireland. Well not up to this post, at least. Unless I also missed this somewhere in the game where this was claimed. So why was this enough to convince Pants that CD's claim was true?
I am the eggman, woo!
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

because if CD didn't get a PM, he wouldn't have the nationality info. Instead, he would have claimed a town or scum result, like if Why Not was a normal cop.
Shiryu
Shiryu
Goon
Shiryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by Shiryu »

In post 1319, Dr Pants wrote:because if CD didn't get a PM, he wouldn't have the nationality info. Instead, he would have claimed a town or scum result, like if Why Not was a normal cop.

This is mostly nitpicking, mind you, but it's still bugging me that you didn't really verify the claim the way I thought you would.

So I'll go over this again: CD first said Marcrell was town in . You then asked for the nationality. CD then responded with his own question about why the nationality didn't matter, which you answered was due to the alignment being color coded. After this, CD confirmed it and said Marcrell was Irish.

CD's counter question makes sense, and in its own way would now confirm for us that he did indeed get the PM.

What I want to know is, at the time he stated Marcrell was Irish, you'd have no way of knowing that to be true. For all you know, CD could have been making it up. And Marcrell would then be free to jump in and say "that's right, I'm Irish!". So again, why was this enough for you to believe CD's claim at that point in the game?

All of this is pretty much a moot point since there shouldn't be more than a single scum remaining, but I'd still like you to humor me with the answer, if you would.
I am the eggman, woo!
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:52 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

because if CoolDog lied, Marcell would say so. so it would be stupid for CoolDog to lie
Shiryu
Shiryu
Goon
Shiryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:03 pm

Post by Shiryu »

In post 1321, Dr Pants wrote:because if CoolDog lied, Marcell would say so. so it would be stupid for CoolDog to lie

Well that answers that. I just wanted to get a handle of what your train of thought was with regards to that. It's just that I was under the impression that the player that got the info would have to run it by you, and only you, without any input from the investigated player, to make sure there was no hijinks with the info. But yeah, thinking about it, there's no realistic way that this could be happen, what with Pasch getting flipping scum and all.
I am the eggman, woo!
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

Rene Fonck, Allied Propagandist