Micro 370: Gerrymander Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:58 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

The part that I quoted that you didn't quote
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:00 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 845, pirate mollie wrote:I asked you for what the motivation would be for moi to nk majiffy.

you are basically saying that it is so i can pin a lynch on you.

when it would have better served as scum!me to leave him alive cos he probs would have tried to lynch you. majiffy is a player I know PRETTY well.

Except how many people were on me dayend? There was very little support for my wagon end D1, unless Majiffy was going to substantiate his case, but that never happened.

In post 845, pirate mollie wrote:I don't expect you to know our meta. but there are people in this game that do.

yay meta

In post 845, pirate mollie wrote:the premeditated part comes where you start the day with this already planned out inside your head and were happy with the result. <---- this is where you look scummy to me cos it makes me wonder if you were anticipating a block or a doc protection. but I thought your late d1 posts were really fucking town.

So did a lot of other players iirc

which is why leaving jiffy alive wouldn't pull of a Xay lynch better than killing Jiffy

In post 845, pirate mollie wrote:like I STILL lean town on you but i genuinely can't tell if this whole premeditation piece is genuinely scummy or not. cos you are accusing me of being scum for something that I haven't even done. and for the life of me it is hard to differentiate whether or not this is coming from derptown or derpscum.

oh wow townreading me i'm so honoured

you know that being off the oka wagon is bad for you

you know i look a lot worse than you, and the only reason i wasn't roped is because i got townread before deadline

you know that more people are convinced you are town than they are convinced i am

it isn't that hard for you to make me look bad, and you don't even have to get your hands dirty

once people develop the mindset of "scum didn't bus", it boils down to {xay, mollie}

with a jiffy kill, I look a lot worse.

and that's such a beautiful plan, because you don't even have to push me, everyone else will

NM and vett have already started, even.

In post 845, pirate mollie wrote:also you are doing super weird thing where are accusing me of doing something that I did not actually do. like I have not accused you of being scum.

i am accusing you of something you haven't, and won't do

because that's the best thing scum can do

--

to be honest, I thought NM was scum yesterday, until he dropped hammer on Oka. He could have just not hammered too. I don't think he would hammer just to ride towncred to lylo. it'd be more ideal to just lurk through deadline.
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:01 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 850, Not_Mafia wrote:The part that I quoted that you didn't quote

i mean

ONLY makes sense from me?

really
GMT+8
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:03 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

You're spinning this as a frame job done to get you lynched when if scum wanted you lynched it would be better for them to just keep Majiffy alive, especially as he was far from a universal townread.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:07 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 853, Not_Mafia wrote:You're spinning this as a frame job done to get you lynched when if scum wanted you lynched it would be better for them to just keep Majiffy alive, especially as he was far from a universal townread.

duh

why would i kill majiffy, when I should be more concerned about all the people who were on Oka's wagon

like you

who hammered oka

and probably isn't his buddy

why should I worry about jiffy, who never substantiated his read on me, and was not universally townread, and never got anyone to sheep him end D1
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:09 am

Post by Xayzeck »

If I were scum, the thing I should be most concerned about is this:

I look bad, mollie looks good, jiffy looks ehh

all the people on the wagon look pretty good

every one on the wagon has townpoints just for being on the wagon

while everyone off the wagon has scumpoints

sure yeah I'll kill someone off wagon and go 1v1 with mollie, who's gotten a bunch of townreads, and play all of it off as molliescum framing me

and when she gets lynched and flips town, nobody will ever suspect me as their next wagon

--

yeah, okay?
GMT+8
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:14 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Actually.

VOTE: not_mafia
Art is cool.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:14 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 856, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Actually.

mollie pls? maybe?
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:14 am

Post by Xayzeck »

also i'm not sure nm scum hammers his buddy when he doesn't have to
GMT+8
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:16 am

In post 857, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 856, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Actually.

mollie pls? maybe?

no. i think you need to take a step back and a deep breath. reset yourself and look at the wagons/arguments from yesterday again, without focusing on your own. ok? pretend you're just observing the game.
Art is cool.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:23 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 854, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 853, Not_Mafia wrote:You're spinning this as a frame job done to get you lynched when if scum wanted you lynched it would be better for them to just keep Majiffy alive, especially as he was far from a universal townread.

duh

why would i kill majiffy, when I should be more concerned about all the people who were on Oka's wagon

like you

who hammered oka

and probably isn't his buddy

why should I worry about jiffy, who never substantiated his read on me, and was not universally townread, and never got anyone to sheep him end D1

Well I have the shittiest ISO of all time, so I don't see how I could be more a threat than Majiffy, who cited computer and RL issues for not properly pursuing your lynch

In post 855, Xayzeck wrote:If I were scum, the thing I should be most concerned about is this:

I look bad, mollie looks good, jiffy looks ehh

all the people on the wagon look pretty good

every one on the wagon has townpoints just for being on the wagon

while everyone off the wagon has scumpoints

sure yeah I'll kill someone off wagon and go 1v1 with mollie, who's gotten a bunch of townreads, and play all of it off as molliescum framing me

and when she gets lynched and flips town, nobody will ever suspect me as their next wagon

--

yeah, okay?

Who else are you going to push? Like you said nothing stood out as a bus, this leaves you with Majiffy and Mollie. Indulge me in a 'hypothetical' scenario where you're scum, what would you be doing?
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:34 am

Post by vettrock »

I think NM's late hammer gives him some towncred. He may have done it for that as scum, but I don't think it is likely. It would have been better to just wait it out. He could still have pushed an Oka wagon the next day for the towncred, and had one less townie to kill before LyLo.

I think NM is town, Xay, Mollie, lean towards scummy. I need to re-read and look for something like a bus to get any other scum reads.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:23 am

In post 861, vettrock wrote:I think NM's late hammer gives him some towncred. He may have done it for that as scum, but I don't think it is likely

You have this backwards. The longer oka's partner resisted the lynch, the more obvious he would become as a partner because his lynch was going to happen and the flip would incriminate him.
Art is cool.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:26 am

Post by vettrock »

Something I noted while looking back at D1. Maestro started and stayed on the OkaPoka wagon the whole time, it for most of the beginning of the wagon, it also had Pirate Mollie, and Xayzeck, so even though they were not on the finaly wagon, if they are scum, they were bussing for a signifiant portion of D1:

In post 325, Cabd wrote:
Votecount 1-9

With 9 alive it will take 5 votes to lynch or no lynch.

Xayzeck (3): Brian Skies, EspeciallyTheLies, Not_Mafia (L-2)
EspeciallyTheLies (1): OkaPoka (L-4)
Maestro (2): vettrock, Social Media (L-3)
OkaPoka (3): Maestro, Xayzeck, Pirate Mollie (L-2)

Not voting (1): Majiffy,

Page Count (Day): 13
Page Count (Total): 13

Deadline: (expired on 2014-08-12 00:26:43)

In post 375, Cabd wrote:
Votecount 1-10

With 9 alive it will take 5 votes to lynch or no lynch.

Xayzeck (3): Brian Skies, EspeciallyTheLies, Not_Mafia (L-2)
EspeciallyTheLies (1): OkaPoka (L-4)
Maestro (2): vettrock, Social Media (L-3)
OkaPoka (3): Maestro, Xayzeck, Pirate Mollie (L-2)

Not voting (1): Majiffy,

Page Count (Day): 15
Page Count (Total): 15

Deadline: (expired on 2014-08-12 00:26:43)

Until Xay moved his vote to NM here:
In post 409, Xayzeck wrote:let's play the yolo game

VOTE: NM

dance with me

And Pirate unvoted here without explaination:
In post 515, pirate mollie wrote:UNVOTE:

The wagon was then joined by me, Brianskies, then ETL, with a final hammer by NM shortly before the deadline. Everyone except Majiffy was voting for OkaPoka at some point. While I would consider being on the wagon at the lynch a lot more town that an earilier vote, I think It weakens the scum must be Xay or Mollie argument somewhat. That said, I still consider Xay to be my strongest scum read. While it pains me to admit it, that Maestro was parked on OkaPoka the whole time also seems fairly town.

So I am putting NM, and Maestro in my twon bucket for now,
Brian Skies and ETL in my slightly scummy bucket,
and Xay and Mollie in my more scummy bucket.

P-edit to ETL:
I would disagree that the lynch was going to happen. Had NM not hammer, we could have easily ended up with a No Lynch as I'm not sure Xay, Mollie, or Majiffy was around to hammer.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:34 am

Your reads are based on faulty logic.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:39 am

The only one I really agree with the maestro read.
Art is cool.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

I unvoted oka cos I was not sure where my reads were at with the gamestate.

I was gonna hammer but then oka claimed special on a role that is tired exhausted of scum neighborizours and neighbours I am pretty much tired of the whole fad. I thought cabd would have been more original cos he usually is, so I wanted to delve into his head a bit and tease the day out.

which didn't happen. I HATE it when people shut me down.

@ not mafia

okay you are defending me by proxy. what does that even mean. cos I srsly don't know.

also xaything - I meta. deal with it
whew!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:39 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 866, pirate mollie wrote:@ not mafia

okay you are defending me by proxy. what does that even mean. cos I srsly don't know.

What I mean is, it wouldn't have mattered to me if he was attacking you, Joe Schmoe or Jambalaya Johnson. It was about Xay and me finding his push scummy

At first I found his scum didn't bus and voting you for it pretty arbitrary without consideration for the context of why you were not on the wagon

In post 793, Not_Mafia wrote:Also Mollie had open intent on Oka and the only reason I was the hammer and by extension she wasn't on the wagon was because it was a deadline lynch, Mollie also didn't post anywhere on the 12th (day of the deadline), so I fail to see your point.

Then he started to flesh out his case more by saying you were trying to derail Oka's wagon by making him seem town because asking how someone plans to use their night action isn't related to reads which I also didn't like because it's a pretty standard question.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 2-3

With 7 alive it will take 4 votes to lynch or no lynch.

Pirate Mollie (1): Xayzeck (L-3)
Xayzeck (2): Not_Mafia, Vettrock (L-2)
Not_Mafia (1): EspeciallyTheLies (L-3)

Not voting (4): Brian Skies, Maestro, pirate mollie, Social Media

Page Count (Day): 3
Page Count (Total): 33

Deadline: (expired on 2014-08-27 22:56:08)

Last edited by Cabd on Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

More succinctly, it was the content of his push, not who it was aimed at.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:10 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 864, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Your reads are based on faulty logic.

I don't think they are based on faulty logic. They may have some faulty assumptions at the base, but given the assumptions, the logic follows.
So the assumptions would be:
The scum partner voted to lynch the scum partner. This is 100% as everyone still alive voted for OkaPoka at some point.
Scum is unlikely to hammer close to the deadline when they could have just waited and then made an excuse and pushed to the next day.
Scum is unlikely to start a wagon against their partner and stay on it with certainly the entire day until Lynch like Maestro did.
Scum is more likely to have been on the wagon, but got off it before lynch than to stay on the wagon, but it is possible they were hoping for the deadline to save their partner.

In post 735, OkaPoka wrote:Brian, I will prove to you that I am town, by neighborizing you, and you can prove to me that you are town, or scum.

Thinking about it some more, I think it unlikely that scum OkaPoka would waste his neighborizor power on a scum partner as they already have their scum QT to talk. This moves BrianSkies towards town.

This put BrianSkies, Maestro, and NM in my town bucket, and Xayzeck, Mollie and ETL in my scummy bucket.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:43 am

2 and 4 are not good assumptions to make. More later; am mobile.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:10 am

In post 870, vettrock wrote:I don't think they are based on faulty logic. They may have some faulty assumptions at the base, but
given the assumptions,
the logic follows.

Perhaps I misspoke. The assumptions you are making are mostly faulty:

So the assumptions would be:
The scum partner voted to lynch the scum partner. This is 100% as everyone still alive voted for OkaPoka at some point.

Since everyone voted Oka at one point or another, I don't even really know why this is in your list at all? It's irrelevant.

Scum is unlikely to hammer close to the deadline when they could have just waited and then made an excuse and pushed to the next day.

This 1) isn't true and 2) is an arbitrary assumption. What evidence suggests to you that this is the one and only time scum will hammer their partner? There is absolutely no way for you to either know this or confirm it, and using this as a basis for further assumption is asking for trouble. It's not a strong point, and shouldn't be given the gravity that you are giving it. Keep this kind of assumption in check or you will be looking in the wrong places.

Scum is unlikely to start a wagon against their partner and stay on it with certainly the entire day until Lynch like Maestro did.

This I agree with, especially since Oka wasn't a sure-fire obvscum player. However, Maestro is practically site-flaked as far as I can tell, so he wouldn't be one I'd apply this to. It's important to take all factors into consideration.

Scum is more likely to have been on the wagon, but got off it before lynch than to stay on the wagon, but it is possible they were hoping for the deadline to save their partner.

This, much like your second point, isn't true and is an arbitrary assumption. There's no way for you to know or confirm this. Do not base further assumption on weak foundations.

Take the facts, and apply them to your reads, and see where they fall. Don't just make stuff up because it sounds good to you. This is not a dig at you at all, so please understand where I'm coming from. This is advice on how to scum hunt. I see that you are trying, but your assumptions/conclusions are very weak and contain too many unknown factors, and not enough of the actual evidence that exists in the thread.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:11 am

Xay needs one as well.
Art is cool.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:01 am

Post by pirate mollie »

okay. I am starting to not like xay here. NB4 HE SAYS "SEE! SEE! I KNEW YOU WOULD DO THIS I EVEN CALLED IT!" even tho he just said that id I were scum i would be townreading him like I was lololololol.

what i am not liking is how he is stretching the vca to fit his analysis when it is based on an assumption. I also just reread this day round and I lurve how he poopooed my meta case but self metaed?

I am still not sure about nm's wking of me but I still stand behind etl and vetty townreads. I have brian as gut town but I need more from him and when I say more I mean warmth. as town he will at least interact with me right now I am not able to really
feel
him. I know he is a low content poster but still
whew!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”