Micro 376: Chosen Mafia - Game Over = Perfect Town Win

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:46 am

Post by T S O »

And I explained why I thought GG was scum and you just gave me this bull about page numbers. I told you not to bother because I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain a scumread when your mindset is so against it you refused to even try to find it.

it's not like you'd scumread etl anyway, anti.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:55 am

Post by Guilty Gunsmith »

In post 476, Heartless wrote:Now, you seem to have responded to Anti's nonsense with even more nonsense. He scumreads you for disagreeing with him, and you scumread him back because your theory is he was waiting to go off on you because he someone knew you would disagree with him? That doesn't stand up to very much scrutiny and I think you're as blinded by raw emotion as he is.

Well.. no.. what I was saying was it felt like he was waiting for an opportunity to do so, and my disagreeing with him about Flubber gave him that opportunity. It's irrelevant now because I agree with AP and the both of you about him.

Now both of you line up so I can smack you.

-TTH

:lol: <3

EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 487, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:(EtL this is me suggesting that we should consider wagoning Flubber with Swifty and Heartless unless you are opposed)

Yeah do it. I'm retarded. Better company there as well.

VOTE: Flubbernugget

ETL
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:59 am

Post by T S O »

In post 459, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:
p-edit: Very briefly, I
have
had you, swifty, ZZZX and BBT as town. TSO and LC as scum. Flubber/Josh as maybes/unknowns.

In post 501, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:41 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Votecount 1.20

T S O - [2] - ZZZX, BlueBloodedToffee
Flubbernugget - [2] - Heartless, Guilty Gunsmith
Josh_B - [1] - T S O
ZZZX - [1] - Lying Cat

Not voting - [3] - awestfie, Flubbernugget, Josh_B

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-08-25 14:39:13)
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 493, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Heartless' 'meltdown' was weird. Didn't feel genuine at all and I'm really not sure why it was so OTT either.

I'm sure Anti has something to say about this (none of it positive).

But are you going to say anything about why or are you going to leave it to everyone's imaginations?

-TTH
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:43 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

Sorry, three hours of babysitting turned into three days. I'll catch up tonight.

-sthar8
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 500, T S O wrote:And I explained why I thought GG was scum and you just gave me this bull about page numbers. I told you not to bother because I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain a scumread when your mindset is so against it you refused to even try to find it.

If you want to talk over the top bitterness, I see a lot coming from TSO for not much reason.

In post 502, T S O wrote:
have
had you, swifty, ZZZX and BBT as town. TSO and LC as scum. Flubber/Josh as maybes/unknowns.

What is this post for? I don't get it. Since AngryPidgeon's talked quite a bit about Flubbernugget being scum, why are you taking one of ETL's lines out of context and trying to make it look like a contradiction?

-TTH
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

why the fuck are we voting z?
UNVOTE:
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:14 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 493, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:In post 303, Josh_B wrote:
TSO, if you are town, we are going to have to work together this game. How do you want to play that?

In post 467, Josh_B wrote:
Flubbernugget, what do you think is our best course of action right now?

In post 473, Josh_B wrote:
Lying Cat what do you think is the best plan?

Why do you keep doing this?

Asking people questions? TSO and GG have done a pretty good job of making sure that I can't start any wagons. Which is fine, I'll just try to generate productive content.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:30 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 497, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 488, Josh_B wrote:
In post 477, Flubbernugget wrote:You also scum read awestfie for asking a question the same way you are asking one right now.

Not true. My problem with awest is the call to lynch people based on an arbitrary game mechanic on her first post. Meaning that she's thinking of the game in terms of lynching by WIFOM, and doesn't have the mind set of scum hunting. It's clever, because only the scum actually know who was vetoed and the scum have a clear shot at NKing whoever they vetoed. And town won't know who was actually vetoed until endgame.

Nope. That's not what happened. Awestfie already said this but I'm backing her up for what it's worth.

Her idea really assumes the town is going to be waffle-y, so nobody is really going after a full pursuit of it. But for an ice breaker it wasn't that big a deal. No need to dwell on it. Now I get what she was saying about you taking too long to address her answers.

I'll note your dissatisfaction, your assumption of assumptions, your attempt to ovrcome town wafflery, and your dismisiveness of scummy behaviours,
I'm also going to vote you.

I went over the interactions between her and BBT. I still don't like it. Perhaps I'll come around in time, but until then...
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Dissatisfaction of what. And how is dissatisfaction scummy. Where do you see town waffelry. And if I were scum, why would I try to overcome it.

The plan awestfie laid out will not work in any manner if the town has strong, confident reads, because at that point nobody would be too "iffy" to consider the veto pool as part of a lynch. If a waffling read isn't the opposite of a confident read, my terminology was wrong. But I think I might be easier to see this way that I have made deductions and not assumptions.

As far as I know waffling is not being able to have a confident read on anyone. It's kinda like an opposite to conf bias. A good read sits in some sort of waffle/conf bias equilibrium.

And disagreeing with you isn't dismissing a scummy behavior.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:26 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 510, Flubbernugget wrote:The plan awestfie laid out will not work in any manner if the town has strong, confident reads, because at that point nobody would be too "iffy" to
consider the veto pool as part of a lynch.
If a waffling read isn't the opposite of a confident read, my terminology was wrong. But I think I might be easier to see this way that I have made deductions and not assumptions.

This is the problem. It isn't considering scum as the possible lynch, it's considering the "veto pool" which is town. Saying you want to lynch someone just because they are likely to be vetoed as opposed to trying to lynch someone that might be scum, is scummy.

Considering it first, as opposed to a last resort is scummy.
An open door policy lynch before scum hunting is scummy.

He explanation was "When considering a town vs town lynch, it's better to lynch a person who was more likely to be vetoed"
and my problem with that is.. "this person considering a town v town lynch right out of the gate."
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Do a quick ISO on her. I'll wait.

Actually, I'll just let your misrep/blatant lies speak for themselves.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 492, awestfie wrote:Alright, now that you've answered a simple question, please answer these.

A) Am I policy lynching or showing any signs of wanting to policy lynch, right now?
B) Did my last reads post () have anything to do with mechanics and/or policy?
C) Are you the mafia?

A) What do you mean by signs? This exact moment?

B) How is this relevant? Is it supposed to prove something?

C) NO. I got this role PM that says I may or may not be chosen, and that I have a weapon. I was hoping that it was nunchuku but it wasn't
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:24 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 504, Heartless wrote:
I'm sure Anti has something to say about this (none of it positive).

But are you going to say anything about why or are you going to leave it to everyone's imaginations?

-TTH

The fact it was so OTT made it feel not genuine. I mean, FN had one vote on him and you were going ballistic because somebody didn't agree with your read on a wagon that had barely got started. The whole situation just felt off.

I don't like this growing wagon on FN. Lynching the most inexperienced player; smells like scum looking for an easy lynch so they can get to their kill.

In post 506, Heartless wrote:
If you want to talk over the top bitterness, I see a lot coming from TSO for not much reason.

Not sure if this was addressed to me or not but will respond anyway. My vote is already on TSO, not sure how long it's going to stay there though.

In post 508, Josh_B wrote:
Asking people questions?

It's more than asking people questions though isn't it. It looks like buddying, you're asking people for direction instead of trying to figure the game out for yourself. Three separate people as well, so it's not like you even care who it is, just so long as someone is helping you.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:29 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 514, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:

I don't like this growing wagon on FN. Lynching the most inexperienced player; smells like scum looking for an easy lynch so they can get to their kill.

I don't. As of right now, including myself, 5 people are calling flubber scum. What's your read on Heartless? I think they are town.

In post 508, Josh_B wrote:
Asking people questions?

It's more than asking people questions though isn't it. It looks like buddying, you're asking people for direction instead of trying to figure the game out for yourself. Three separate people as well, so it's not like you even care who it is, just so long as someone is helping you.[/quote]

I don't know. But you are right. Usually I'm very aggressive. I'm more unsure of people this game than I normally am. Maybe it's just the setup that's keeping me from being as whimiscal as I normally am.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:24 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I have to be honest and say I'm struggling with Heartless and it's kind of frustrating me now.

Some of their posting strikes me as town but I can't shake this bad feeling and I think it's mainly from the attack on FN (which does actually include some good points). It just seems such an easy lynch to go after though and it's not sitting right. I'm gonna need some more time.

Town
GG

awestfie
ZZZX

FN
LC

Heartless

JB/TSO
Scum
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:37 am

Post by T S O »

In post 500, T S O wrote:And I explained why I thought GG was scum and you just gave me this bull about page numbers. I told you not to bother because I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain a scumread when your mindset is so against it you refused to even try to find it.

Yeah, let's not address any of the issues I bring up, but flip it back on me! Woo-hoo!

In post 502, T S O wrote:
have

What is this post for? I don't get it. Since AngryPidgeon's talked quite a bit about Flubbernugget being scum, why are you taking one of ETL's lines out of context and trying to make it look like a contradiction?

-TTH

Because the evolution of ETL's read was her calling herself retarded.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:38 am

Post by T S O »

I'm hard scumreading Josh and I'm townreading Flubbernugget.

Yay for unpopular reads!
-Marquis
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:40 am

In post 506, Heartless wrote:Since AngryPidgeon's talked quite a bit about Flubbernugget being scum

Have I? I know I've been more concerned with TSO/Josh, I don't really remember talking about Flubber. Its possible Im confusing myself with things *cough*. I remember reading Anti's points on Flubber and thinking "Oh ya I guess I could get behind that lynch Today" so I don't think this is really very true. I could go check my ISO, but screw that noise, lol.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:41 am

Post by T S O »

if anyone can summarise why they do not think Josh is scum, that would be great.
-Marquis
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:42 am

In post 508, Josh_B wrote:TSO and GG have done a pretty good job of making sure that I can't start any wagons.

This is ..... really terrible? No one is stopping you from scumhunting, you just prefer to spend your time not being townie, probably because you aren't.
awestfie
awestfie
Mafia Scum
awestfie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:16 am

Post by awestfie »

In post 511, Josh_B wrote:
In post 510, Flubbernugget wrote:The plan awestfie laid out will not work in any manner if the town has strong, confident reads, because at that point nobody would be too "iffy" to
consider the veto pool as part of a lynch.
If a waffling read isn't the opposite of a confident read, my terminology was wrong. But I think I might be easier to see this way that I have made deductions and not assumptions.

This is the problem. It isn't considering scum as the possible lynch, it's considering the "veto pool" which is town. Saying you want to lynch someone just because they are likely to be vetoed as opposed to trying to lynch someone that might be scum, is scummy.

Considering it first, as opposed to a last resort is scummy.
An open door policy lynch before scum hunting is scummy.

He explanation was "When considering a town vs town lynch, it's better to lynch a person who was more likely to be vetoed"
and my problem with that is.. "this person considering a town v town lynch right out of the gate."

Hate to be rude, but you're awful at reading. Your read is bad and I can't believe you're still talking about this. I'm not considering the veto pool at all today, nor will I probably will ever, in this game; I just wanted to know cause it's fucking nice information to have. Jesus christ.

Anyways, I'd really love to see some content from Lying Cat/ZZZX, before I vote someone, because they're the two players I can't get a solid read on, due to a huge lack of content from both of them.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:46 am

Post by T S O »

Why do you need them to post content before you vote ...?
-Marquis
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:07 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 521, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:
In post 508, Josh_B wrote:TSO and GG have done a pretty good job of making sure that I can't start any wagons.

This is ..... really terrible? No one is stopping you from scumhunting, you just prefer to spend your time not being townie, probably because you aren't.

You're terrible. I am scum hunting anyways. I'm just getting off to a slow start. I usually prefer spending my time OMGUSing and Flashwagonging. Unfortunately, that's been anti-town too. So, until I figure what to do that's town, I'm going to keep doing whatever I feel like at the moment.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”