Micro 376: Chosen Mafia - Game Over = Perfect Town Win

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:08 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 524, Josh_B wrote:Flashwagonging
Art is cool.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:02 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

ETL, he obviously was flashing his wagonge.
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by Guilty Gunsmith »

Cat, why are you two a rather large null read for both me and EtL?
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:46 pm

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:49 pm

Post by T S O »

I think Sthar's laziness is town.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by T S O »

I'm still calling BBT/JB scumteam.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:54 pm

You know, I could almost buy that. EtL and I were both pointing out today that we really did not like
Spoiler:
In post 516, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I have to be honest and say I'm struggling with Heartless and it's kind of frustrating me now.

Some of their posting strikes me as town but I can't shake this bad feeling and I think it's mainly from the attack on FN (which does actually include some good points). It just seems such an easy lynch to go after though and it's not sitting right. I'm gonna need some more time.

Town
GG

awestfie
ZZZX

FN
LC

Heartless

JB/TSO
Scum

at all.

Chiefly because BBT's top two townreads (Us and Swifty) are calling Flubber scum, but he still thinks that the Flubber wagon sucks and that Antihero is scummy for it. The waffling on Heartless and generic casting of by saying he needs more time doesnt really inspire confidence either.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Votecount 1.21

Flubbernugget - [3] - Heartless, Guilty Gunsmith, Josh_B
T S O - [2] - ZZZX, BlueBloodedToffee
Josh_B - [1] - T S O

Not voting - [3] - awestfie, Flubbernugget, Lying Cat

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-08-25 14:39:13)
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 525, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 524, Josh_B wrote:Flashwagonging

some habits die hard. But seriously, Myvote like yours is on flubber, either you don't think he's scum and have your vote on him anyways, or you do think he's scum and that I'm scum with him.

Because I think that you are trying to say that my vote on flubber is flashwagoning.
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:08 pm

EtL mistakenly thinks you are town. Im working on it.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 404, Heartless wrote:

Are you insane? I already feel like I'm way out of my league. I think the roles are reversed here and I need to stay out of
your
way because I feel like the remedial kid in the class.

I don't understand how you think TSO is scum or how BBT is town or how Lying Cat is town.

1. TSO probably ain't scum, so you're good there.
2. I'm not sure I agree about BBT, but he had some posts that sounded like trying to figure things out which is a towntell.
3. Your brother has carnal knowledge of my scumgame both at its best and at its worst. We're manfriends.
4. Nah you're doing great. This is a list of
very
good players and you're keeping up and being insightful.

In post 410, Heartless wrote:oh yeah, and "hydra" as an excuse to not have a read

/fart

:lol:

In post 418, Heartless wrote:you know TSO, you could quit being an inflammatory asshole for the sake of being an inflammatory asshole (which i've
seen
you use to advance a scum win condition before) and actually, you know, give some solid scumreads.

This isn't that. He's being defensive. Inflammatory TSO wouldn't have apologized to GG.

In post 473, Josh_B wrote:

Lying Cat what do you think is the best plan?

Lynch scum, burn down houses, laugh at tear gas. In that order.

Okey Dokies: here's what I've been meaning to get to for three days.

Spoiler: everything important up to now
Everything was cool and nonindicative up to
in which AP accuses TSO of being scum for arguing over nothing, when in fact ETL and TSO had clearly suffered a miscommunication and then come to an understanding. AP is legendary for his waffles, so the abrupt 180 doesn't really bug me, but 'inane shit' is something I've seen AP regard as a towntell before and TSO was hardly obstructing discussion.

has AP calling TSO scum by POE, which is interesting given how many nulls and waffles he's had and that it's day 1. He also draws associative tells with Josh as evidence. Josh is unflipped, which make those tells meaningless, but AP still wants to lynch TSO. Faulty POE and associatives are very easy cases for scum to push because their target cannot defend against them. Calling scumteams on day 1 is silly, using associatives with unflipped players is silly, and wanting to lynch TSO based on the assumption that Josh is scum is daft.

is a rehash of "you're scum because josh is." AP is avoiding interactions with TSO, and simply trying to push the lynch.

TSO gets frustrated with the non-case from AP and crosses the line.

AP hits the eject button from the conversation. His "i'm not reading any more of TSO's posts" gives him the moral high ground and means he doesn't have to justify any reads on TSO ever. It also comes off as completely disingenuous because I'm sure AP has called people "fucking terrible" before, and being so thin-skinned about something
he's done to others
is well beneath his level of emotional maturity. It's also the beginning of a gaslighting campaign: AP knows that TSO has been called out publicly for abusiveness and toxicity before. All AP has to do is howl like Britney Spears and TSO's credibility dies like Britney's career. TSO knows he fucked up as evidenced by so he'll spend the rest of the game wondering if he's being discredited by scum or policy lynched by town.

is a way over the top reaction from ETL. I could buy it because she gets super defensive of her hydra partners, but "ur fuckin terrible" doesn't even
rate
on the ETL scale of insults. She's trying to make TSO feel disproportionately bad about his mistake.

is more 'tso was mean to me, so i shouldn't be held responsible for the consequences of lynching him'

is TSO's apology. He doesn't use the words 'I'm Sorry' because he's too proud, but he clearly indicates contrition. He says that he did not mean to call AP terrible (whether he actually means that he didn't mean to type it that way or regrets it is immaterial; they come to the same sentiment.) He calls AP and ETL's reactions justified.

AP ignores the apology and calls TSO toxic again. He reiterates that he will bear no responsibility for tso's flip. Again, he's creating the perception that TSO did something unforgivable and that nothing he says will have any credibility.

At this point, Jingle and I decided that GG exaggerating TSO's fuckup and using it to discredit and shame him was fairly indicative of scum. I suggested that with all AP's posturing, it was possible that TSO was Chosen. He said it reminded him of my play in a certain 5p with snork, and I agreed. He asked if he could call GG out on it, and I said yes but predicted that if we were correct and they were scum they'd find a way to make us a viable scumread within ten posts.

Jingle got aggressive in 321. Not counting slips, it was 15 posts from GG before they stopped townreading me in 366. Since then, we've been in and out of their scum reads as often as a hollywood divorce lawyer is in court. They're bouncing between appeasing me and intimidating me with scumreads, which is super weird because our relationship is generally the opposite. Plus AP isn't 'waffling' so much as 'trying to lynch anyone' and ETL hasn't gone paranoid on me yet this game.

tldr- GG is feeling wayy off their towngame and trying to lynch tso for bullshit reasons.

VOTE: GG
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:27 pm

Pfffffffffffffff

Voting us? Get real Sthar. Go get Jingle on the phone. Or are you guys just scum this game?

I had to log over to this account because I actually laughed so much when I saw this post (I have read none of it but the vote) that smoke from this cigarello got in my eyes and I cried a bit. Which made me laugh harder in an ironic way.

el oh el.
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:28 pm

In post 535, Lying Cat wrote:manfriends

This isn't a real word.
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:31 pm

In post 535, Lying Cat wrote:287 AP ignores the apology and calls TSO toxic again. He reiterates that he will bear no responsibility for tso's flip. Again, he's creating the perception that TSO did something unforgivable and that nothing he says will have any credibility.

Yes, he called me a shit player 2 times in the same post and then later tried to retcon it as if he mean to call me shit
at reading him
. Apparently he fucked that up 2 times though so ya that seems probable. So yes I said I'd PL him, because I was (and still somewhat am) pissed off.
awestfie
awestfie
Mafia Scum
awestfie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:47 pm

Post by awestfie »

In post 535, Lying Cat wrote:

Are you insane? I already feel like I'm way out of my league. I think the roles are reversed here and I need to stay out of
your

I don't understand how you think TSO is scum or how BBT is town or how Lying Cat is town.

2. I'm not sure I agree about BBT, but he had some posts that sounded like trying to figure things out which is a towntell.
3. Your brother has carnal knowledge of my scumgame both at its best and at its worst. We're manfriends.
very

In post 410, Heartless wrote:oh yeah, and "hydra" as an excuse to not have a read

/fart

In post 418, Heartless wrote:you know TSO, you could quit being an inflammatory asshole for the sake of being an inflammatory asshole (which i've
seen
you use to advance a scum win condition before) and actually, you know, give some solid scumreads.

This isn't that. He's being defensive. Inflammatory TSO wouldn't have apologized to GG.

Spoiler: everything important up to now
in which AP accuses TSO of being scum for arguing over nothing, when in fact ETL and TSO had clearly suffered a miscommunication and then come to an understanding. AP is legendary for his waffles, so the abrupt 180 doesn't really bug me, but 'inane shit' is something I've seen AP regard as a towntell before and TSO was hardly obstructing discussion.

has AP calling TSO scum by POE, which is interesting given how many nulls and waffles he's had and that it's day 1. He also draws associative tells with Josh as evidence. Josh is unflipped, which make those tells meaningless, but AP still wants to lynch TSO. Faulty POE and associatives are very easy cases for scum to push because their target cannot defend against them. Calling scumteams on day 1 is silly, using associatives with unflipped players is silly, and wanting to lynch TSO based on the assumption that Josh is scum is daft.

is a rehash of "you're scum because josh is." AP is avoiding interactions with TSO, and simply trying to push the lynch.

AP hits the eject button from the conversation. His "i'm not reading any more of TSO's posts" gives him the moral high ground and means he doesn't have to justify any reads on TSO ever. It also comes off as completely disingenuous because I'm sure AP has called people "fucking terrible" before, and being so thin-skinned about something
he's done to others
is well beneath his level of emotional maturity. It's also the beginning of a gaslighting campaign: AP knows that TSO has been called out publicly for abusiveness and toxicity before. All AP has to do is howl like Britney Spears and TSO's credibility dies like Britney's career. TSO knows he fucked up as evidenced by so he'll spend the rest of the game wondering if he's being discredited by scum or policy lynched by town.

is a way over the top reaction from ETL. I could buy it because she gets super defensive of her hydra partners, but "ur fuckin terrible" doesn't even
rate
on the ETL scale of insults. She's trying to make TSO feel disproportionately bad about his mistake.

is more 'tso was mean to me, so i shouldn't be held responsible for the consequences of lynching him'

is TSO's apology. He doesn't use the words 'I'm Sorry' because he's too proud, but he clearly indicates contrition. He says that he did not mean to call AP terrible (whether he actually means that he didn't mean to type it that way or regrets it is immaterial; they come to the same sentiment.) He calls AP and ETL's reactions justified.

AP ignores the apology and calls TSO toxic again. He reiterates that he will bear no responsibility for tso's flip. Again, he's creating the perception that TSO did something unforgivable and that nothing he says will have any credibility.

At this point, Jingle and I decided that GG exaggerating TSO's fuckup and using it to discredit and shame him was fairly indicative of scum. I suggested that with all AP's posturing, it was possible that TSO was Chosen. He said it reminded him of my play in a certain 5p with snork, and I agreed. He asked if he could call GG out on it, and I said yes but predicted that if we were correct and they were scum they'd find a way to make us a viable scumread within ten posts.

Jingle got aggressive in 321. Not counting slips, it was 15 posts from GG before they stopped townreading me in 366. Since then, we've been in and out of their scum reads as often as a hollywood divorce lawyer is in court. They're bouncing between appeasing me and intimidating me with scumreads, which is super weird because our relationship is generally the opposite. Plus AP isn't 'waffling' so much as 'trying to lynch anyone' and ETL hasn't gone paranoid on me yet this game.

tldr- GG is feeling wayy off their towngame and trying to lynch tso for bullshit reasons.

There's two of you, you had three days to think all of this through and this is all that you guys had to say, really? Really not liking this post at all. Why are you guys playing so lazily? I wouldn't normally think that, being lazy is a scum-tell. What's bothering me is that there's two people posting on that account and it doesn't seem like it, at all. I understand that one of you was busy with "baby sitting," but why wasn't the other head posting during that time? I've played in a hydra before and you don't just wait for the other head to give you their reads to post; you post when you want to post and keep your partner updated with your reads and they'll do the same. So, what's the problem here? I'm actually seeing this from GG/Antihero, but not from you two, so.
awestfie
awestfie
Mafia Scum
awestfie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:49 pm

Post by awestfie »

In post 539, awestfie wrote:
There's two of you, you had three days to think all of this through and this is all that you guys had to say, really? Really not liking this post at all. Why are you guys playing so lazily? I wouldn't normally think that, being lazy is a scum-tell. What's bothering me is that there's two people posting on that account and it doesn't seem like it, at all. I understand that one of you was busy with "baby sitting," but why wasn't the other head posting during that time?

I've played in a hydra before and you don't just wait for the other head to give you their reads to post; you post when you want to post and keep your partner updated with your reads and they'll do the same. So, what's the problem here? I'm actually seeing this from GG/Antihero, but not from you two, so.

I forgot to paragraph break, so here's an "easier" version to read.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:37 am

Post by ZZZX »

I read and I am still feeling TSO might be scum but Flubber feels wrong too. and since I will have really limited access (only to prod dodge/post once every 1-2 days) for 1-5 days for my travels I will prob move my vote to somewhere more productive

INTENT TO PUT FLUBBER AT L1

Discuss.
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:51 am

Spoiler: What the shit is this shitty shit LC?
In post 535, Lying Cat wrote:

your

very

/fart

seen

spoiler
[UNSPOILERED because fuck nesting like a pro]
=everything important up to now

he's done to others

rate

Also fuck you and your double spaces. Get into the 21st century already.

I'll respond to this in full when I'm not swamped at work.

ETL
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:52 am

In post 541, ZZZX wrote:INTENT TO PUT FLUBBER AT L1

Discuss.

Don't be a nob. There's words I'd like to have with mr. sthar8. You wait.

ETL
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:00 am

Oh yeah and one last thing -
TTH/Anti
If LC is scum, he's going to try to buddy the two of you (because he can and you are susceptible to it) and polarize AP and I away from the group, then eventually, kill us. Don't fall for his manipulative shit.

NC
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:00 am

jesus. NC is my initials.

Obviously this is ETL. I'm going back to work now.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:27 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 535, Lying Cat wrote:ing over nothing, when in fact ETL and TSO had clearly suffered a miscommunication and then come to an understanding. AP is legendary for his waffles, so the abrupt 180 doesn't really bug me, but 'inane shit' is something I've seen AP regard as a towntell before and TSO was hardly obstructing discussion.

I haven't really decided where I fall on the TSO/GG line yet, but I like your evaluation. I am hard pressed to believe an apology could come from TSO !evar! Which is mostly why I'm not sure about that situation, possibly one or the other is scum. Not unlike awest to be so negative about this post.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:34 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 540, awestfie wrote:
There's two of you, you had three days to think all of this through and this is all that you guys had to say, really? Really not liking this post at all. Why are you guys playing so lazily? I wouldn't normally think that, being lazy is a scum-tell. What's bothering me is that there's two people posting on that account and it doesn't seem like it, at all. I understand that one of you was busy with "baby sitting," but why wasn't the other head posting during that time?

I've played in a hydra before and you don't just wait for the other head to give you their reads to post; you post when you want to post and keep your partner updated with your reads and they'll do the same. So, what's the problem here? I'm actually seeing this from GG/Antihero, but not from you two, so.

O I C. you think Sthar and Jingle aren't doing a good job at being a hydra. What do you think about the content of the post? Do you have anything to say about the content?
awestfie
awestfie
Mafia Scum
awestfie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:44 am

Post by awestfie »

Much like your posts, it's bad.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:27 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 540, awestfie wrote:

Agree and disagree.

I agree that despite the detailed coverage, there's a lot of the game that hasn't been touched.

As far as how you play as a hydra, maybe it's just a different style to discuss before you post? I'm honestly not sure here because I've never hydra'd, so someone else might have to step in for me here.

I also somewhat agree with what LC brought up. LC also saw a lot of things I world have never have been able to see. My only issue is I have no idea how to determine whether or not an insult was truly "over the top. " Way to meta for me.

What about LC's observations do you see as bad?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”