FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:52 pm

Post by FakeGod »

In post 65, Oversoul wrote:Kats is scum.

Kats is probably town's best hope at the moment...
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by notscience »

rip in popsicles
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:06 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 71, FakeGod wrote:Another quicklynch...

I'm pretty sure players spent more time in Night than in Day in this game.

That's what I was just thinking lol.
A great game for MattP to return to! I think he is probably scum.

Kats isn't scum? I felt his play today was scummy. Hmm... Must reevaluate.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:04 am

Post by Vi »

I didn't get a link initially, and I just finished moving back in, so here are my initial messages.

4burner - That (scum-driven) wagon on you should not have gone through, and a site meta that would encourage otherwise is a bad one. Thanks for playing, and I'd like to see you in another game.

Skullduggery - I'd like to apologize for how I addressed you before. I would still like to talk about your playstyle if you're willing to hold the discussion; if not, not.

-----

Katsuki 4 wrote:Le Cupcake says:

it was the most agonizing hammer ive ever placed and that im really sorry for not trusting my town gut read on you
I've already said this, but if you have to apologize for lynching someone, you shouldn't be lynching them. It's like there's an alternative to pounding every wagon in or something.

The Skullduggery kill was basically the scum saying that they were in a good position. They weren't so much, but even so.

notscience 51 wrote:FUCKNIG BITE ME VI
I decline and invite a counteroffer for you to consume excrement and fall ill as a result. Your initial suspicion (not the "slip") on 4burner was good, your hop off was watery but good, and your Town reads were pretty good, but the rest of your play was thoroughly abysmal. Your scumread on me was absolute trash, your insistence on it to the exclusion of all other scum reads more so, and your unwillingness to work with me led to me scumreading you which in turn led to the tragedy that was Day 4.

-----

So here's my attempt to explain some things. I didn't know if I was Sane or Insane. This is still more or less as good as a regular Cop after Night 2, which very fortunately came early.

My results were
N1 - hiplop is Mafia
N2 - No Result (but I tried to investigate notscience, which was a total waste because that's what Neighborhoods are for but things were going to go south if I didn't have a definite answer about him)

While I was wondering how I should try to softclaim if I had two results D3, I didn't have enough to confirm my sanity so I didn't bother... and I didn't realize that my statement about my history at reading Neighbors could be read any way but at face value. (It's true, though now I have to reword it to "100% rate of finding scum".)

I also didn't bother telling reinoe about it, partly because leftover suspicion and partly because frankly I didn't expect reinoe to bring it up (he didn't try to correct people about the Alices not being in a Neighborhood in spite of me pointing that out in the Neighborhood, for instance). In the end I don't think it made a huge difference after my first post D3; an explanation I supplied reinoe with would have been coming from too convenient a person.

So, yes, I had a significant hand in the confusion D4. I'm not sure how much of it was set up and how much of it was the Town's eagerness to implode, though; if there were Daytalk I would suspect much more of the former...

There are a few outstanding points of interest, one of which is outside the knowledge of the Town.

1) Why has no one asked whether Aronis's role conflicts with mine? The rules explicitly say there is no role duplication. Aronis could be confscum or he could not be confscum, but the point is that no one asked. (Incidentally, the Naive claim - which
wasn't made by Aronis
- was very strangely timed.)

2) For reasons that made more sense yesterday until I remember what they were, I strongly believe that scum targeted me with an info role (Role Cop or Tracker) Night 1 and used that info to block me Night 2 and kill me Night 3. Prior to Day 3 I was lynchbait, yet somehow between Night 1 and Night 2 I became a Block choice. In addition, Day 3 and the general assumption that I was working with inside information makes more sense if the scum can anticipate a Cop flip.

The disappointing part is that Prof. Fridays openly admitted using a Role Cop on my N1. Natirasha claiming he forgot to action N2 (but openly admitting to working in tandem with Prof. Fridays) is suspect as well. And Prof. Fridays swooped to Aronis' rescue w.r.t. the Cop claim...

I suppose those are my picks for scum, then. Just based on the awful 4burner wagon, we could have cut all three of them out but everyone decided to throw that out and try to win with setup speculation instead. It's certainly an interesting meltdown to watch, anyway, but if the Town wins this it will basically be because of dice-throwing, and I think Fridays and Natirasha are too smart to be caught that way.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:59 am

Post by FakeGod »

Would you like your N3 result?

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:18 am

Post by Vi »

I don't even remember- oh right, investigate MattP.

If you think it would be more interesting, sure. I get the sense that you wouldn't offer unless it knocked at least one person off the scumlist above, though :?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:25 am

Post by FakeGod »

ehehehehehue

result sent

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:10 am

Post by notscience »

In post 78, Vi wrote:Your scumread on me was absolute trash, your insistence on it to the exclusion of all other scum reads more so, and your unwillingness to work with me led to me scumreading you which in turn led to the tragedy that was Day 4.

Every single fakegod game I've been in up until this one has had scum in my hood in one form or another.

That was more a response to your comment in the Hood PT than anything else. I don't particularly care you lead the wagon.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:12 am

Post by notscience »

I did overreact, and I'm sorry.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:57 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 83, notscience wrote:I did overreact, and I'm sorry.

I don't think you overreacted at all. Somebody faking a guilty sucks on town. I'm pretty pissed that Marquis faked a guilty twice and is probably going to get away with it. It kinda makes me surprised at what players are willing to tolerate.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:28 am

Post by notscience »

I'm not apologizing to Marquis.

I'm apologizing to Vi.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:03 am

Post by Vi »

*nod* Thank you.

MattP is (reportedly) aligned with the Town, meaning that MattP and hiplop do not share an alignment. The question is which one's the Townie, and which of the three people I listed is not scum...

I'm glad I'm not in a position to make a definitive decision. Too many people and I have control over which of them is going to come through here next (answer: none of them).
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:42 am

Post by Skullduggery »

In post 78, Vi wrote:Skullduggery - I'd like to apologize for how I addressed you before. I would still like to talk about your playstyle if you're willing to hold the discussion; if not, not.

Apology accepted. I know I was snippy in my response as well, so I'm sorry too.

I'll elaborate a little on my style, if that helps. In a nutshell, my goal is to interact with as many players as possible as early as possible so I can obtain a rough sketch of the player list as a whole. Sometime this means asking seemingly pointless or silly questions or making offhand observations, because even little things like that are better than nothing. Once I get my footing and I have a better understanding of the overall game state, my posts gradually become shorter, more frequent, and more conversational in nature. Unfortunately, I died before I could reach that stage, so all you got to see was the eye-bleeding quote walls that characterize my early game.

I realize that my style is irritating to a lot of people since slogging through long posts is never fun, but I do think it's beneficial to establish connections -- however tenuous they may be -- early on so you can see how they develop throughout the course of the game and pursue them as needed. I wasn't blowing hot air when I said that my posts can have long-term benefits to those who re-read the thread for clues near the end of the game. For example, I was once in a game where Nacho was able to catch a Scum player thanks in part to a brief conversation I had with said player on Day 1 that didn't seem important and nobody paid any attention to at the time.

Having said all that, I will readily admit that I did not play well in this game. I am definitely a fan of slower, more methodical games where I have plenty of time to ruminate and reflect, so fast-paced games like this one always make me feel like everyone is sprinting ahead and leaving me behind. (I'm not the type of player who can just camp out in a thread for hours to post and post and post and post. I've got other shit to do.) I never really got a chance to firmly get my feet under me...and then I died.

I hope that adequately highlights where I'm coming from. This is the style that works for me (most of the time), but, of course, there's always room for improvement. If you have sage advice you'd like to dispense, I certainly won't turn you down.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by FakeGod »

It's wonderful that the dead are resting so peacefully!

Unfortunately, the
sky is falling
for the town as we speak.

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:16 pm

Post by notscience »

Fakegod I want another touhou upick please

I'm actually good at mafia in those games
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

he only does 1 touhou upick a year is what he told me.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by notscience »

Do more
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:12 pm

Post by Vi »

I actually have idle dreams of doing (another) Touhou game but given how much I've been focusing on actual Touhou these days I wouldn't count on being done... really ever.

I am definitely a fan of slower, more methodical games
Let me know if those still exist. :?

And, that is helpful. I'm glad to hear that what you were doing was but a means to an end, and since it wasn't the sort of playstyle I was expecting you to use (see comparisons with MoI) I'll just point out that making more statements would make you easier to read and give you a bit more social gravitas (if those are what you want).
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:04 pm

Post by 4burner »

Hey Vi. That wagon was lazy as I've seen, as I said earlier though its not one person's responsibility to stop a lynch. I look forward to my next game with all of you.

If you want a slow paced game check the newb nursery rhyme game I'm in. Fuuuuuck meeeeeee.

I'm a fan of text walls by the way, if only because the response is normally quite informative.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by notscience »

Don't talk about ongoing gmes
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by 4burner »

Yeah that was my only comment. Post count only, which is public knowledge, but yes, acknowledged.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:19 am

Post by Oversoul »

If Matt is scum I think they tracked you the first night, Vi.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:22 am

Post by FakeGod »

In post 96, Oversoul wrote:If Matt is scum I think they tracked you the first night, Vi.

So you don't buy into the Vi's theory that Nati and Prof is scum?

Prof openly admitted that he rolecopped Vi n1 iirc.

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Please welcome Marquis.

reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:06 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 98, FakeGod wrote:Please welcome Marquis.

No.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie

Return to “Completed Game Topics”