NY 177: Simple Complexity (GAME OVER: Scum Wins!)

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

A bit scummy, but honestly it can be swingy if he posts scummily or town.

For now I would prefer a tree lynch.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:02 pm

Post by shaddowez »

While I'm going through this, could someone please explain to me what a chainsaw defense is? I've seen a few of you use the term, and have no clue what it means.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

In post 1112, T S O wrote:But can't we lynch Aeronaut today and tree tomorrow?

Because I give a 30% estimate of tree being scum, but Aeronaut is around double that.

This is pretty close to the way I feel on this.

@Aero
It would save a lot of time if you just claimed now. I'm not going elsewhere until that softclaim nonsense has been resolved.

In post 1119, Psyche wrote:
In post 1090, Mirhawk wrote:
Vote
Lynch: Tree

ughhh

on a side note do you know how much votes formatted like so remove all hope of automated anything

Geez, the top line was supposed to be unvote and the first word of the second line should have been vote.

Man I screwed that up.

Unvote
Vote: Aero
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

I believe the chainsaw defense is when one scum protects their partner by attacking their attackers.

This isn't a scumtell that I find particularly useful, mostly because I keep getting accused of it as town.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:10 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

Actually you know what.

It feels good to be voting Aero again.
tree
tree
Goon
tree
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:07 pm

Post by tree »

In post 1107, farside22 wrote:I thought pyche was scum for chainsaw defending tree and holding the lynch back because pr stuff.

That's only if we're both scum. (We're both town.)

Does anyone want a response to something specific? I have about 10 minutes right now.
haru-chan
^_^
tree
tree
Goon
tree
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by tree »

Lynching me to appease Majiffy is silly, but I think not lynching me is better. I'm pretty sure he's actually town now, but he'll lose interest in the game and start powerlurking when he finds out he's wrong.
haru-chan
^_^
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:09 pm

Post by Psyche »

can you gimme your reads and an explanation for each of them so substantive than you think they might even convince someone to agree with you, at least as far as you can
You can't step in the same river twice.
tree
tree
Goon
tree
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by tree »

In post 1253, notscience wrote:Okay.

Here are MY reasons behind it-

His early interaction with tree about how people would take an IC seriously. It looks like he's trying to put up a charade of being all business and seriousness and "alrighty guys lets get down to work" and it doesn't read genuine.

Look at his vote on tree. He voted essentially because Tree is anti-town. Note- he still thinks tree is town, just doesn't want him alive. It's not for reasons like my push where I need the people on the tree wagon to help my wagon so I join, it's just because he's anti-town.

Look at his scumread on me. Why is he scumreading me initially? For my sheeping. When I reacted, he then has to stretch and bullshit his way around my reaction. When he makes a claim about me, I ask him to give me quotes and concise points. I get nothing. When asked for reasonings behind him, I give them and then get accused of "avoiding answering questions." How is that a town response? What town- who is adamant that someone his scum and isn't voting them- would not be able to provide reasonings behind a claim he makes, a claim that apparently encompasses the entire thread?

Look at his REACTION to the push on me. First I'm scum, then look at his softclaim TO ME. His scumread. Does town softclaim like that to a scumread? No.

I think notscience scumreads are dumb, this post is town, and it's a well put-together case, but I'm still a bit reluctant to join the Aero wagon. I've had enough of people screaming "OMGUS".
haru-chan
^_^
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:12 pm

Post by Titus »

Gut says me no like Aero train. Bleh.

I should read this game tomorrow.

I actually like Mirhawk this game though.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:12 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1308, tree wrote:
In post 1253, notscience wrote:Okay.

Here are MY reasons behind it-

His early interaction with tree about how people would take an IC seriously. It looks like he's trying to put up a charade of being all business and seriousness and "alrighty guys lets get down to work" and it doesn't read genuine.

Look at his vote on tree. He voted essentially because Tree is anti-town. Note- he still thinks tree is town, just doesn't want him alive. It's not for reasons like my push where I need the people on the tree wagon to help my wagon so I join, it's just because he's anti-town.

Look at his scumread on me. Why is he scumreading me initially? For my sheeping. When I reacted, he then has to stretch and bullshit his way around my reaction. When he makes a claim about me, I ask him to give me quotes and concise points. I get nothing. When asked for reasonings behind him, I give them and then get accused of "avoiding answering questions." How is that a town response? What town- who is adamant that someone his scum and isn't voting them- would not be able to provide reasonings behind a claim he makes, a claim that apparently encompasses the entire thread?

Look at his REACTION to the push on me. First I'm scum, then look at his softclaim TO ME. His scumread. Does town softclaim like that to a scumread? No.

OMGUS
OMGUS
OMGUS

Titus is drunk weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I think notscience scumreads are dumb, this post is town, and it's a well put-together case, but I'm still a bit reluctant to join the Aero wagon. I've had enough of people screaming "OMGUS".
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Post by Titus »

And my response got quote bit.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

tree
tree
Goon
tree
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:19 pm

Post by tree »

In post 1307, Psyche wrote:can you gimme your reads and an explanation for each of them so substantive than you think they might even convince someone to agree with you, at least as far as you can

I think you're town for the defense of me- not that I haven't considered you could be whiteknighting. Mostly a gut read, as in I know it's true but can't really explain why.

I've been coming around to Majiffy being town. Pretty sure this sort of "explain my scumreads badly or not at all yet expect people to sheep me and yell at them when they don't" playstyle represents his typical town play.

I think notscience is town mostly off of gut and the way he approached the Aero scumread and wagon - I see it as something too risky for scum to be doing, and how he reacted to gameplay also looks like reasonable town.

I've also liked how farside seems to be thinking through things completely. I can see a clear thought process in her posts which means she's definitely trying to figure things out.

As for scumreads, I still think tn's stances regarding me and Majiffy are not just unreasonable, but they look fabricated too. It's like he's forgetting whether he's trying to push me as a town policy lynch, or a straightup scum lynch. And again, notscience's Aero case is good but I'm comfortable with my tn vote.

I have to go now, sorry if I'm missing anything in the post previews.
haru-chan
^_^
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by shaddowez »

That was rough, but I think I'm caught up now. While I appreciate being defended based on the fact my vote was put on in RVS, I'm actually happy leaving my vote where it is right now. I don't like the softclaim, there was absolutely no need for it.

Voting someone you think is town is against wincon. I hate the fact that NS is doing it too, but at least he has a reason for doing it other than "He's being useless, screw it". That worked out well for town last game with HS and others. Oh wait, you were SK and didn't care who got lynched!

Also, if you're town you should never be willing to "accept your lynch". You should be fighting tooth and nail to figure out who scum is and actually get them lynched.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:29 pm

Post by Titus »

Softclaims aren't made cuz there's a need. They are meant to be skipped over and revealed later as OMG that makes sense. A good portion of my arrogant gibberish catches the scum like that. Claim my role. Nuhhuh bitch. I softclaimed first.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Titus »

I also thought ppl if town would fight tooth and nail but fighting tooth and nail is actually more likely to get people lynched. So I say bullshit here are your scums ty goodnight.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:35 pm

Post by notscience »

Titus

We all know you're too scared of me to face me head on

But discreditst like that?

Tsk tsk
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by Titus »

My being drunk is not a discredit of you.

:facepalm:

Then again now I know why you're so sensitive.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:45 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1316, notscience wrote:Titus

We all know you're too scared of me to face me head on

But discreditst like that?

Tsk tsk

If I ever read the thread or know you're scum for shit after I subbed in, I will tunnel your ass.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 1314, Titus wrote:Softclaims aren't made cuz there's a need. They are meant to be skipped over and revealed later as OMG that makes sense. A good portion of my arrogant gibberish catches the scum like that. Claim my role. Nuhhuh bitch. I softclaimed first.

Crumbs, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Softclaims come off more as "Don't lynch me, you'll regret it, but I'm not going to tell you whyyyyyyy", which could turn into absolutely nothing. What about this post comes off as "meant to be skipped over"?

In post 1196, Aeronaut wrote:Read. Between. The. Lines.

In post 1315, Titus wrote:I also thought ppl if town would fight tooth and nail but fighting tooth and nail is actually more likely to get people lynched. So I say bullshit here are your scums ty goodnight.

So are you saying town should never try to not get lynched? Also, I said fighting to figure out who is scum and get them lynched, not just fight against your own lynch. While similar, they are not the same.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by Titus »

Softclaim v crumb is a matter of subtlety and opinion.

Town should not resist a lynch to the point of dominating. It sometimes happen if town and scum throw a shitton of bullshit. It makes it impossible to catch up and just makes the player more likely to get lynched. Of course the player would be stating who they thought the other scums were. There comes a point to just say fuck it and trust your townies. Some reach it earlier than others. I have a COMPULSION to correct bullshit.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:10 pm

Post by Josh_B »

Ok. I read as much as I'm probably going to. Perhaps I'll read more to see how things developed. Like I mentioned earlier, Farside seems suspicious, so.... I isoed Farside.
And then I pressed ctrl-f and searched for "tree."

104 results it returned with. Farside defending tree as town in every post. That is a lot of fucks to give about someones alignment on D1.

Do you know who knows the alignment of others on D1?

not surprisingly enough, Tree actually thinks that farside is town.
In post 248, tree wrote:Don't go putting words in my mouth now. I see some players like Elyse and farside22 posting things and being town but then I also see a lot of fluffy-sounding posting.

In post 1305, tree wrote:
In post 1312, tree wrote:
I've also liked how farside seems to be thinking through things completely. I can see a clear thought process in her posts which means she's definitely trying to figure things out.

VOTE: tree

I'd probably vote Farside first, but he's V/la, and it's kind of a jerk move to lynch someone while they're gone, but scum is scum.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:11 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Woah, that is interesting.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:12 pm

Post by notscience »

I feel bad for you Titus

your scum role pm

:/
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:15 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1323, notscience wrote:I feel bad for you Titus

your scum role pm

:/

Dude, so meta. :-p

Not scum here. Seriously, you got drunk Titus. Take advantage of me. You see me town.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”