Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:16 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

psst let's kill salamence together xay
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:17 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

i know people will complain and shit when you sheep me for the second time today but I'll yell them off, I'll get this lynch, and he will flip scum
believe in me who believes in myself thanks to my horoscope which legitimately says "you can do anything"
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:29 am

Post by Xayzeck »

VOTE: Salamence

I'm not really a fan of becoming "Nacho's Second Vote" but okay I guess, not that I really have a problem with the sala wagon
GMT+8
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:42 am

Post by PeregrineV »

OK, Nacho, you can might be town. For now.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:45 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

unless there are cults, my towniness is here to stay
additionally, you aren't voting salamence with us :(

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:59 am

Post by Juls »

In post 113, Nachomamma8 wrote:I would like to challenge her on her "feels townie but isn't townie" comment because I'm with her on StrangerCoug feeling townie but don't understand how that suddenly translates to him not being townie.

When I initially read it, I felt like it wasn't sincere feeling. Like it was more of a "meh, this is what I would say if I were town". But when burn piggybacked it that seemed far more scummy. As in "this townie is making the argument I want so I will just agree with him and he will get blamed if it blows up". So I feel pretty good that they aren't scumbuddies together and burn is the more likely of the two to be scum in my opinion. These aren't solid reads, they are page 5 reads. They have every opportunity to change them but so far burn hasn't done anything to make me feel different and I don't think SC has posted since (?). So I'm good.

As for Salamence, he is firmly planted in neutral land for me at the moment. Probably not opposed to lynching him if need be.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:05 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 130, Juls wrote:But when burn piggybacked it that seemed far more scummy.

What was scummy about what burn said other than it having gaps in logic?

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:53 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 129, Nachomamma8 wrote:unless there are cults, my towniness is here to stay
additionally, you aren't voting salamence with us :(

Meh. Just for you. For now.

Vote: Salamaence20
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Gemini Blind
Gemini Blind
Townie
Gemini Blind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:13 am

Post by Gemini Blind »

I'm concerned Dry-Fit is taking a more rhetoric approach rather than looking at the situation objectively when he discusses the scumtell of "strategizing."

Talking about the dayvig can't lead to someone's role, at most we can garner some clue of alignment when it's used, so this talk about setup/role stuff doesn't really apply. The idea that scum would appear to be talking as opposed to lurking certainly makes sense but I hardly think attacking people for trying to discuss something on its own is a scumtell, since there wasn't a whole lot to discuss.

VOTE: Dry-Fit

WP has only posted once, it would be nice to see his face again.

Personally I'd rather wait for Salamence to get his bearings before I consider doing anything with him since we're not in a rush.

~STD
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:40 am

Post by Elyse »

To be quite honest, I'm kinda at a loss for words right now. I don't know what to say :/ I think Nacho and Juls are town but I'm not really scumreading anyone at the moment.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:50 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Prodding Witness Protection

Deeply intuitive and sentimental, Cancer can be one of the most challenging Zodiac signs to get to know. Emotion runs strong for this sign, and when it comes to family and home, nothing is more important. Sympathetic and empathetic, Cancerians are greatly attuned to those around them. Devotion is the keyword for this sign, making them wonderfully sensitive people to be around.

Cancer's lucky numbers today: 14, 29, 17, 12, 24, 46

"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it. " - ♋ Henry David Thoreau

Vote Count 1 - 4

• Salamence20 (5) (♑ StrangerCoug - ♌ Dry-fit - ♓ Nachomamma8 - ♐ Xayzeck - ♒ PeregrineV)

burn_209 (2) (♎ Salamence20 - ♋ Juls -
    ♊ Gemini Blind
    )
    Xayzeck (2) (♈ Witness Protection - ♉ Elyse)
    Witness Protection (1) (
    ♒ PeregrineV
    - ♍ Iecerint -
    ♓ Nachomamma8
    -
    ♐ Xayzeck
    )
    Juls (1) (♏ burn_209)
    Dry-fit (1) (♊ Gemini Blind)

Not Voting (0) ()

With twelve alive, it takes seven to lynch.
Current Deadline:
(expired on 2014-09-08 15:35:00)
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am

Post by Juls »

In post 135, RedCoyote wrote:Deeply intuitive and sentimental, Cancer can be one of the most challenging Zodiac signs to get to know. Emotion runs strong for this sign, and when it comes to family and home, nothing is more important. Sympathetic and empathetic, Cancerians are greatly attuned to those around them. Devotion is the keyword for this sign, making them wonderfully sensitive people to be around.

That's me! And 12 is a very special number for me. Neat.
Juls
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:00 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 109, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 86, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 84, Dry-fit wrote:My point would be just as valid even if this was an open game. I'm not just talking about speculation but strategizing instead of scumhunting as well.

Why would it be a scumtell to strategize? You expect the town to screw itself over? Is that what I'm supposed to be getting?

It's a scumtell because in my experience scum is more likely to talk exclusively about strategy in the early game. Why that is I'm not sure. It may be rolefising. It may be trying to look protown without taking any actual stances. In any case it's not strategizing in itself that's scummy. It's making strategizing te entirety or almost the entirety of your play.

I really do not buy this crap. Nobody's been talking exclusively about strategy, I don't smell anybody trying to rolefish, and while you admit that strategizing is not a scumtell, when we have some idea of who could have what, strategizing is quite protown. It's not unknown to break setups that way (though it's far too early for there to be evidence either way of a broken setup).

UNVOTE: Salamence20 (though I still wouldn't mind that person lynched)
VOTE: Dry-fit
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:01 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 136, Juls wrote:
In post 135, RedCoyote wrote:Deeply intuitive and sentimental, Cancer can be one of the most challenging Zodiac signs to get to know. Emotion runs strong for this sign, and when it comes to family and home, nothing is more important. Sympathetic and empathetic, Cancerians are greatly attuned to those around them. Devotion is the keyword for this sign, making them wonderfully sensitive people to be around.

That's me! And 12 is a very special number for me. Neat.

My brother is a Cancer, and while I could see about half of this, the other half must be buried DEEP DEEP DEEP.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:02 am

Post by Juls »

In post 131, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 130, Juls wrote:But when burn piggybacked it that seemed far more scummy.

What was scummy about what burn said other than it having gaps in logic?

Agreeing with people absent of anything else always rubs me wrong. It's basically latching on to a townie (and yes, if burn is scum then SC is a townie) thought process without having to provide your own analysis. This early, that's enough for me.
Juls
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:04 am

Post by Salamence20 »

I'll be on tonight, with a bunch of stuff.

As a fan of the quickhammer. I'd still prefer I not get lollynched beforehand.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:04 am

Post by Juls »

Anybody who has ever played with me ever know that "emotions run high with me" and that I am "sensitive". The rest though is pretty spot on. I would say the "deeply intuitive" is the biggest stretch.
Juls
Gemini Blind
Gemini Blind
Townie
Gemini Blind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:07 am

Post by Gemini Blind »

Oooh Salamence wagon huh? Not jumping on that one quite yet. I'd like to see more from him though. His posts so far seem to be lacking in substance. Which is understandable on p 5 or so, but he's in the spot light now so I want to see what he does.

Nacho seems town to me, although it wouldn't mind if he explained some more of the later reads he gives, (Elyse, Burn and Ice).

Obviously if WP wants to show up again that would be awesome.

I'm not sure how I feel about the rest of you all. I'm not really scum reading anyone at the moment, so I'm happy rolling with my bro's vote for now.
-Rolls

-PEDIT Can't wait for your "bunch of stuff" Salamance.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:46 am

Post by Dry-fit »

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6162339#p6162339]post 143[/url], StrangerCoug wrote:
I really do not buy this crap. Nobody's been talking exclusively about strategy

Then how would you characterize Salamence's play in this game?

StrangerCoug wrote: I don't smell anybody trying to rolefish, and while you admit that strategizing is not a scumtell, when we have some idea of who could have what, strategizing is quite protown. It's not unknown to break setups that way (though it's far too early for there to be evidence either way of a broken setup).

As I said it's not talking about strategy. It's only or almost only talking about strategy.

Gemini Blind wrote:Talking about the dayvig can't lead to someone's role, at most we can garner some clue of alignment when it's used, so this talk about setup/role stuff doesn't really apply

Sure it can. For instance if you goad player X into saying that he believes the dayvig should shoot before page five, and no one is shot before page five, player X is probably not the dayvig.

Nacho I think you're wrong about Elyse. Coming right out and saying you have no scumreads is most likely town
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:56 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 143, Dry-fit wrote:
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6162339#p6162339]post 143[/url], StrangerCoug wrote:
I really do not buy this crap. Nobody's been talking exclusively about strategy

Then how would you characterize Salamence's play in this game?

Part the strategizing you talk about, part fluff, and no scumhunting whatsoever.

In post 143, Dry-fit wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote: I don't smell anybody trying to rolefish, and while you admit that strategizing is not a scumtell, when we have some idea of who could have what, strategizing is quite protown. It's not unknown to break setups that way (though it's far too early for there to be evidence either way of a broken setup).

As I said it's not talking about strategy. It's only or almost only talking about strategy.

And I acknowledged that. Read my post again.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:59 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Ah so it's his fluff posting that's saved him.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Gemini Blind
Gemini Blind
Townie
Gemini Blind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:24 am

Post by Gemini Blind »

*blink blink*

Dry-fit you are aware the dayvig is extraneous to the roles handed out, yes?

~STD
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:27 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Yes I know dayvig is not their role pm but a horoscope. What does that have to do with my example?

C'mon Andy!
Gemini Blind
Gemini Blind
Townie
Gemini Blind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:43 am

Post by Gemini Blind »

I should just be as blunt as possible.

From my point of view, you're talking about strategizing in terms of talking about the setup/roles as a scumtell.

The dayvig is a random kill that's out there that is irrelevant to anyone's role.

Discussing the dayvig kill and even outting the dayvig doesn't lead to anyone's role information, but it could lead to alignment information.

This early? Role info is bad. Alignment info is tasty.

Since the dayvig is dangling out there, of course many people would probably jump on that.

As far as "strategy" goes, you mention things like role fishing, role/setup information, etc. All we know get to know is potentially who has the dayvig, and potentially what alignment they are. I'm concerned both with how early you brought up this tactic of looking towards people who strategize and speculate in order to post fluff as well as your definition of strategery since I question whether it applies in this particular situation.

~STD
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:50 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Honestly I still don't really get what you're saying and don't think we're going to make any progress continuing along these lines.

C'mon Andy!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”