ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:00 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Hey all! I will be catchin up tonight.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:01 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 197, Gemini Blind wrote:
In post 187, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 185, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 180, Salamence20 wrote:@STD: We're not going into this again. Either you're being ignorant or you forgot who I am (a person someone like you would love to policy).

His response was legitimate, and your refusal to explain why you feel like STD would wagon you based on personality is anti-town. I know you're leaning town on him but I am not unvoting you until you give him a proper response. Why is it townie for STD to wagon you?

Based on *something* he thinks I'm dangerous VI out to ruin games.

So why wouldn't he wagon me if he had the chance (like he does now)?

I'm trying to choose my words carefully because this relates to an ongoing game but I feel I'm being misunderstood.

The truth is I don't think that, Salamence. We can talk about it more after that game if you like but I tend to treat people based on the play of the game they are currently in only, hence my posts only refer to that game. If I was rude to you I do apologize, I get a little heated in mafia games. Believe me or don't for now but I suppose we should table this before we get in trouble.

~STD

@Gemini: Fair enough. You're still looking town off the wagon though. A little more than Juls, but I could see you as scum hoping because it could be easy to be on my mislynch and blame someone else (if you are scum). As for "his only scumreads are based on his own wagon anaylsis," can you not see that I was somewhat concerned about being put at L-2 for setup spec that I was trying to figure out who was scum on my wagon before I get lolspeedlynched before looking outside.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:27 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Town:

Nacho/SC: I already explained these reads.
Gemini: I feel like STD would be handling my wagon differently if he was scum.

Null:

Juls: If this was a micro, I would be sheeping her by now, but this is obviously not the case. She fakes a dayvig, not quite sure of the test she was trying to perform. Other than vigspec, hasn't been much out of her. Is the fake dayvig more townish or scummish in this game. (Leans town)

Iec: there may be a connection between him and Juls. I'm not sure. Against setup spec as well. Want to hear more from him now that I'm here and playing (null)

Burn: This "I'm voting people for setup spec" of his seems off compared to SC/Nacho. Says that I'm scum for dayvig spec and Juls scum because of her plan being complicated. Definitely want to hear more from him. (Null)

Witness/Toasty: Yeah... What was that wagon on him about other than Nacho showing he makes town his bitch. (null)

Elyse: what bugs me the most about her is that she is serious(?) voting Xay, but doesn't have any scumreads. So is Xay a nullread worth pressuring or what? Possible sitting around, but not enough has been said on her end to make me believe anything yet. (Leans scum)

Dry-Fit: I don't like him. His subtle "I am a dayblocker" joke was unnecessary regardless of the joke. Scumreads my townreads, and states strategy is a scumtell, where (IMO) I've seen it as town more than scum. (Leans scum)

Scum:

PV/Xay: Best case of scum on my wagon for reasons already stated.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:35 am

Post by Elyse »

My vote on Xay was (is?) purely pressure and I'm kinda getting a town vibe. He's hyper defensive and I think it's just how he is. But my vote is still on there because I haven't found a new home for it yet.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:56 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Prodding burn_209

"I balance" is the key phrase for this sign, and when it comes to keeping everything on an even keel, a Libran will lead the pack. Peace loving and judicial, this sign abhors being alone. Partnerships are very important for the Libran, especially those on a personal level. With their winning personalities and cooperative style, they aren't apt to be alone for long!

Libra's lucky numbers today: 37, 40, 24, 25, 41, 9

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." - ♎ Oscar Wilde

Vote Count 1 - 7

• Salamence20 (5) (♌ Dry-fit - ♓ Nachomamma8 - ♐ Xayzeck - ♒ PeregrineV - ♑ StrangerCoug)

Xayzeck (2) (♈ ToastyToast - ♉ Elyse)
    burn_209 (1) (♋ Juls)
    Dry-fit (1) (♊ Gemini Blind)
    ToastyToast (1) (♍ Iecerint)
    Juls (1) (♏ burn_209)
    PeregrineV (1) (♎ Salamence20)

Not Voting (0) ()

With twelve alive, it takes seven to lynch.
Current Deadline:
(expired on 2014-09-08 15:35:00)
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:21 am

Post by Xayzeck »

(just dropping this proddodge here i'll give this some time tomorrow to catch up the past 2 pages or so other game had my attention i'll come back to this soon love ya'll)
GMT+8
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:26 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 195, Salamence20 wrote:Then what do you want from me!?

Xay sheeped me twice. PV sheeped me once. Why did you vote PV over Xay?

In post 198, Gemini Blind wrote:Those two quotes in particular really bother me and I'm not sure why you'd go out of your way to defend him (other than the assumption that you're confident he's town).

I went out of my way to defend Dry because I felt (and still feel) the majority of the attacks on him are based on a misunderstanding and I think he looks pretty town otherwise. I doubt I would have defended him as vehemently otherwise, but I absolutely have no problems with defending the hell out of a townread if they're strong enough.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:04 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Idk, it dont really matter since i have no qualms moving to Xay. But I cant read Xay because he always has this "I dunno what ur talking about, Im town" feel that makes it hard to accurately read him.

PV though. He should know better
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:11 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 207, Salamence20 wrote:Idk, it dont really matter since i have no qualms moving to Xay. But I cant read Xay because he always has this "I dunno what ur talking about, Im town" feel that makes it hard to accurately read him.

you've played with me before haven't you?

there was that triplicate game where you had like this big case against me no? that should help you out
GMT+8
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:39 am

Post by Juls »

I'll get to this game later today, I promise. I haven't been in a mafia mood the past few days. Sorry.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:17 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 202, Salamence20 wrote:PV/Xay: Best case of scum on my wagon for reasons already stated.

unless i'm blind i don't think these were every explained

like properly
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:18 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 203, Elyse wrote:He's hyper defensive and I think it's just how he is.

am i? did you do meta or are you just going to say that because you don't want to scumread me?
GMT+8
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:35 am

Post by Elyse »

No I can tell from your posts.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:13 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Looking for a replacement for burn_209
; prodding Iecerint.
Last edited by RedCoyote on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:19 am

Post by burn_209 »

No need. Im here Ive just had a shitty work schedule. Im sorry. Ill catch up and post something of substance when I get off work tonight
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:20 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 211, Xayzeck wrote:

am i? did you do meta or are you just going to say that because you don't want to scumread me?

Why do you care about meta? Anybody here can manipulate their own meta to serve their best interest.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 215, StrangerCoug wrote:

Why do you care about meta? Anybody here can manipulate their own meta to serve their best interest.

Exactly why I brought it up? Meta reads are only reliable through play experience. We haven't played, if she has a problem with it then she should push it, not brush it off with meta that she doesn't back up yet still chooses to vote me for who really knows why
GMT+8
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by Elyse »

I don't have a problem with it...see this is exactly what I'm talking about. You are hyper defensive, but I think it's just your personality and playstyle, not alignment indicative.

My vote is still on you because I don't really have a scumread. (I know it's bad, but not much is happening) I was thinking Sala, maybe, but his 207 read as town and I kind of agree with it. PV could be scum.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:48 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

Where is this hyper defensiveness you're seeing? If it wasn't playstyle would it be scum indicative?

What do you dislike about PV or Sala?
GMT+8
Gemini Blind
Gemini Blind
Townie
Gemini Blind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:47 pm

Post by Gemini Blind »

In post 202, Salamence20 wrote:Town:

Nacho/SC: I already explained these reads.
Gemini: I feel like STD would be handling my wagon differently if he was scum.

Null:

Juls: If this was a micro, I would be sheeping her by now, but this is obviously not the case. She fakes a dayvig, not quite sure of the test she was trying to perform. Other than vigspec, hasn't been much out of her. Is the fake dayvig more townish or scummish in this game. (Leans town)

Iec: there may be a connection between him and Juls. I'm not sure. Against setup spec as well. Want to hear more from him now that I'm here and playing (null)

Burn: This "I'm voting people for setup spec" of his seems off compared to SC/Nacho. Says that I'm scum for dayvig spec and Juls scum because of her plan being complicated. Definitely want to hear more from him. (Null)

Witness/Toasty: Yeah... What was that wagon on him about other than Nacho showing he makes town his bitch. (null)

Elyse: what bugs me the most about her is that she is serious(?) voting Xay, but doesn't have any scumreads. So is Xay a nullread worth pressuring or what? Possible sitting around, but not enough has been said on her end to make me believe anything yet. (Leans scum)

Dry-Fit: I don't like him. His subtle "I am a dayblocker" joke was unnecessary regardless of the joke. Scumreads my townreads, and states strategy is a scumtell, where (IMO) I've seen it as town more than scum. (Leans scum)

Scum:

PV/Xay: Best case of scum on my wagon for reasons already stated.

@ Salamance
Having just caught up, I've been kinda busy for the last few days, I want to ask Salamance if they think Elyse is distancing herself from Xay since you think Xay is scum, Elyse is leaning scum, Elyse is voting Xay despite not having any scum reads?
Does their more recent interactions affect your opinions on either of them?

@ Elyse

What exactly are you agreeing with and finding town with in 207?

-Rolls
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:00 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Salamence, what type/manner of "connection" are you referring to?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:19 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Prod dodge if needed. Post later
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:26 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 216, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 215, StrangerCoug wrote:

Exactly why I brought it up? Meta reads are only reliable through play experience. We haven't played, if she has a problem with it then she should push it, not brush it off with meta that she doesn't back up yet still chooses to vote me for who really knows why

That's not the point I was making. I believe meta is useless to determine alignment. If you want an idea of how she plays in general, though, your asking for meta is more forgivable.

In post 217, Elyse wrote:I don't have a problem with it...see this is exactly what I'm talking about. You are hyper defensive, but I think it's just your personality and playstyle, not alignment indicative.

My vote is still on you because I don't really have a scumread. (I know it's bad, but not much is happening) I was thinking Sala, maybe, but his 207 read as town and I kind of agree with it. PV could be scum.

Nine pages and you've got no real reads? I find that a bit on the suspicious side, almost like you don't care about reading this game.

FoS: Elyse
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:33 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 222, StrangerCoug wrote:That's not the point I was making. I believe meta is useless to determine alignment. If you want an idea of how she plays in general, though, your asking for meta is more forgivable.

This would be where I have to disagree with you a little, because I feel meta is a great tool for scumhunting, but only if you've played with the person. I don't think you can meta someone you have never played with, whereas if you play with the person a lot, meta reads make more sense.

What Elsye did is she started out with a (i think sort of)scumread on me, which was bad enough as it is because she never explained how it was scum indicative, and then dismissed it herself through metatells(maybe because of Nacho), yet keeps her vote on me(maybe because of Sala).

You seem to be asking me why I care about her meta? That isn't the case, I'm curious as to how she arrived to "It's probably playstyle/personality" which is a metatell she's using on me to nullify the scumread she has on me(not sure if nullify is the correct word here, since she has expressed that PV could be scum yet hasn't moved her vote, so i'm scummier than PV? idk).

There's so little effort to read me here, and so much of looking good to good players while still staying on a small, supported, safe wagon, which I think to be scum.

I'm just sheeping Nacho at the moment because Elyse doesn't have much support(to be fair i didn't really push for it), plus I don't mind a Sala lynch(for now at least).

You said that I was asking for meta in general was more forgivable? I'm not sure I understand, because I don't recall asking for her meta? I do recall asking her if she meta'd me though, but I get the feeling that's not what you understood.
GMT+8
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:14 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 208, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 207, Salamence20 wrote:Idk, it dont really matter since i have no qualms moving to Xay. But I cant read Xay because he always has this "I dunno what ur talking about, Im town" feel that makes it hard to accurately read him.

you've played with me before haven't you?

there was that triplicate game where you had like this big case against me no? that should help you out

I don't get it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”